Forums/Armchair-GM

Fixed mispost Attn WGR heres your trade feedback VAN

Created by: Chapee44
Team: 2019-20 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 13, 2019
Published: Jun. 13, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Best I could see in a Risto for Boeser idea... Not horrendous but highly unlikely in my opinion. Looking for legit feedback. Please be thorough and polite in explanations. I could see the pick swap meaning it has to be done after the draft. As in, Buffalo takes Zegras and if Caufield falls to Vancouver then they make the trade.
Trades
BUF
  1. Boeser, Brock [RFA Rights]
  2. Virtanen, Jake
  3. 2019 1st round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Caufield
VAN
  1. Nylander, Alexander
  2. Ristolainen, Rasmus
  3. 2019 1st round pick (BUF)
  4. 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)
  5. 2021 2nd round pick (STL)
Additional Details:
Zegras
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
16$83,000,000$52,591,667$0$3,700,000$30,408,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:06 p.m.
Who was talking about this?
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:08 p.m.
not a chance

Boeser>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Risto
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:09 p.m.
Quoting: wojme
Who was talking about this?

I heard it on my morning commute, something about building around a Risto for Boeser idea. They were referencing something they had talked about previously. I think that's Howard and Jeremy around 8:30? Not quite sure. Just thought about it all day and this was sorta the best I could come up with. Just messing around and having fun lol
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:11 p.m.
Honestly, I see no point in this deal for Vancouver. Boeser is clearly worth more than Risto, and the exchange #7 for #10 will not affect this.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:13 p.m.
Quoting: Chapee44
I heard it on my morning commute, something about building around a Risto for Boeser idea. They were referencing something they had talked about previously. I think that's Howard and Jeremy around 8:30? Not quite sure. Just thought about it all day and this was sorta the best I could come up with. Just messing around and having fun lol

It was an honest question. Haven't listened to gr in awhile. I wonder what brought up the conversation. Possibly Howard and Jeremy not being fully awake.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:13 p.m.
Quoting: Cheesesauce
Honestly, I see no point in this deal for Vancouver. Boeser is clearly worth more than Risto, and the exchange #7 for #10 will not affect this.

My only thinking is it provides a RH partner for Hughes and Juolevi as they mature. Plus I think Risto would benefit from a change of scenery, partner, system, and responsibility. He can be a high end DMan, just in the right role.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:15 p.m.
It was an honest question. Haven't listened to gr in awhile. I wonder what brought up the conversation. Possibly Howard and Jeremy not being fully awake.

They were talking about how they wanted a trade before the draft. They want Botts to show that he is gonna be active and make moves.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:15 p.m.
They were talking about how they wanted a trade before the draft. They want Botts to show that he is gonna be active and make moves.

Interesting as to how they landed on boeser
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:17 p.m.
My only thinking is it provides a RH partner for Hughes and Juolevi as they mature. Plus I think Risto would benefit from a change of scenery, partner, system, and responsibility. He can be a high end DMan, just in the right role.

I admit that Vancouver could be interested in Risto, but hardly Boeser would be on the table, rather some mix of these players: Stecher, Virtanen, Madden, Woo at least it is more realistic.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.

Probably in the recent past they were just rolling through the list of RFA's and seeing what situations might warrant a trade. Vancouver's need for a RHD plus Buffalo's need for a top 6 RW and the concept of trading Risto, then you just try and balance the equation.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:20 p.m.
I admit that Vancouver could be interested in Risto, but hardly Boeser would be on the table, rather some mix of these players: Stecher, Virtanen, Madden, Woo at least it is more realistic.

That's where I was trying to find other ways to get value to Vancouver. I would think Nylander is valued higher than Virtanen, trading 3 spots may not seem like a lot but teams have done crazier things to get "their guy" at the draft. and then two years of second rounders... I don't know but I was pulling value from wherever I could think without breaking the bank. Still want Buffalo to win the trade lol
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:32 p.m.
That's where I was trying to find other ways to get value to Vancouver. I would think Nylander is valued higher than Virtanen, trading 3 spots may not seem like a lot but teams have done crazier things to get "their guy" at the draft. and then two years of second rounders... I don't know but I was pulling value from wherever I could think without breaking the bank. Still want Buffalo to win the trade lol

I don’t think that Nylander is currently valued much higher than Virtanen or even higher, although if the GM of Vancouver think that Nylander can replace Boeser and play with Pettersson, which of course would be strange. Alex has so far played too few games in the NHL , although looked good in them. Just if they exchange Boeser for RHD, then who will play RW in the top 6 for them I don’t really understand, their situation is similar to ours, Boeser is their only strong RW, and we have Reinhart our only strong RW, it would be strange to exchange it, although maybe they are going to a free agency for serious guys.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 2:42 p.m.
I don’t think that Nylander is currently valued much higher than Virtanen or even higher, although if the GM of Vancouver think that Nylander can replace Boeser and play with Pettersson, which of course would be strange. Alex has so far played too few games in the NHL , although looked good in them. Just if they exchange Boeser for RHD, then who will play RW in the top 6 for them I don’t really understand, their situation is similar to ours, Boeser is their only strong RW, and we have Reinhart our only strong RW, it would be strange to exchange it, although maybe they are going to a free agency for serious guys.

You never know what absurdity could ensue. Maybe they pull this off and then go out and offersheet Marner while signing Panarin and all of a sudden we're talking about a Vancouver Stanley Cup. Or they fill out with depth like Donskoi/Kapanen/Zuccarello etc... I agree it doesn't make sense necessarily but that doesn't mean there isn't a grander plan in the works where a backwards piece needed to be played.
SalamiCheese liked this.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
I think Boeser's name came up because of possibly not wanting to sign RFA contract with Canadian team. Could he force GM's hand in making trade. Who would Vancouver want back in return for Boeser? Risto could be the starting point.

As Sabres fan I would rather have Boeser than Reinhart. Boeser has more speed and better shot. Reinhart is probably better play maker and vision.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
rktkt66

Quoting: Sabrebluehs
I think Boeser's name came up because of possibly not wanting to sign RFA contract with Canadian team. Could he force GM's hand in making trade. Who would Vancouver want back in return for Boeser? Risto could be the starting point.

As Sabres fan I would rather have Boeser than Reinhart. Boeser has more speed and better shot. Reinhart is probably better play maker and vision.

If you listened to the entire segment in Hour 1, you would have heard White explain that his tweet of a Boeser-for-Risto deal was made jokingly in reference to the ineptitude of GM Jim Benning and his past decisions. There wasn't any intention of being serious - he said he knows full well that Boeser is too important to Vancouver and he noted that he figured that some readers would see the tweet and realize it was a joke; some would look at it and say, 'OMG, we could really get Boeser?'; and others lobbying to keep Risto would claim it's not enough of a return for Buffalo. White ended the discussion by admitting that he probably should have made the joke about Benning more obvious by suggesting a more outrageous proposal like Pettersson-for-Risto trade, thinking no one would view that as possible or realistic to anyone but Benning.
Chapee44 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 4:38 p.m.
Quoting: rktkt66
If you listened to the entire segment in Hour 1, you would have heard White explain that his tweet of a Boeser-for-Risto deal was made jokingly in reference to the ineptitude of GM Jim Benning and his past decisions. There wasn't any intention of being serious - he said he knows full well that Boeser is too important to Vancouver and he noted that he figured that some readers would see the tweet and realize it was a joke; some would look at it and say, 'OMG, we could really get Boeser?'; and others lobbying to keep Risto would claim it's not enough of a return for Buffalo. White ended the discussion by admitting that he probably should have made the joke about Benning more obvious by suggesting a Pettersson-for-Risto trade, thinking no one would view that as possible or realistic to anyone but Benning.

No one views that as realistic.
Jun. 13, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
rktkt66
No one views that as realistic.

Well, the OP of this thread apparently did in order to generate the comments above....wink
Jun. 13, 2019 at 10:54 p.m.
Quoting: rktkt66
Well, the OP of this thread apparently did in order to generate the comments above....wink

I just thought it miiiiight have the smallest chance of being possible. Nowhere near probable lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll