Forums/Armchair-GM

Bowman sucks

Created by: ChiHawk
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 15, 2019
Published: Jun. 15, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Kahun and a 5th for Maata? Bowman sucks...PIT was trying hard to move Maata and needs to move Cap. Kahun has big upside potential and showed his 2 way play and skating skill after his first season on NA ice...impressive. He's not a player you move. Who replaces him, Kubalik, Wedin...two players we don't know how they will play on NA ice with NHL players? Maata, the guy is SLOW...he's a younger version of Seabs. Cap hit difference, Hawks eat another $3M. Thanks Bowman...another example of you needing to go.

Now look at our wingers...besides Kane and Cat, we have a bunch of unproven guys or bottom 6 players and guys who are borderline NHL guys. Please tell me we are getting a top 6 winger somehow.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,250,000
2$1,250,000
2$975,000
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$62,350,020$0$3,915,000$20,649,980
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$811,667$811,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$975,000$975,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 15, 2019 at 10:42 p.m.
rationale has to be that the FO feels confident kubalik can step in right away and replace kahun, but agreed first impressions this is not a good trade. We can still sign a top winger in FA or move sikura/perlini+ for one. Fingers crossed that maatta can stay healthy maybe be a stabilizing presence in the d zone despite his speed, something we severely lack
babouie liked this.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 12:26 a.m.
Would have been much better off paying a little more for Miller or Murray.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 12:30 a.m.
drwats19
ChiHawks... have a little bigger picture in your head. This is not going to be the only move that Bowman makes in the offseason. Did you think that Bowman was going to bring back the same group of defensemen? No chance. Maatta will help in the defensive zone and help on the PK. The forward group was crowded and yes, Kahun had a solid year but he doesn't have "big potential upside". Sikura has a better ceiling than Kahun and this move gives him a better shot. Bowman and co. must be high on Kubalik in Wedin and I bet they pursue a big time forward free agent. I think that Maatta could find his game again in a new situation. Give the trade a shot and don't be so negative all the time.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 1:01 a.m.
Quoting: drwats19
ChiHawks... have a little bigger picture in your head. This is not going to be the only move that Bowman makes in the offseason. Did you think that Bowman was going to bring back the same group of defensemen? No chance. Maatta will help in the defensive zone and help on the PK. The forward group was crowded and yes, Kahun had a solid year but he doesn't have "big potential upside". Sikura has a better ceiling than Kahun and this move gives him a better shot. Bowman and co. must be high on Kubalik in Wedin and I bet they pursue a big time forward free agent. I think that Maatta could find his game again in a new situation. Give the trade a shot and don't be so negative all the time.

Really? I'm hardly negative all the time. I'm one of the guys on here that doesn't feel a rebuild is necessary and constantly telling people to have patience with the defense and the prospects we have because we have a logjam of defenders that are bottom 4 guys. I agree we need a LHD but only if it's a top 3 guy. That said, should not been at the cost of a rookie winger that showed a lot more promise. More then either Perlini or Sikura or Caggs has shown and for a guy in his first season on NA ice at the NHL level. Perlini and Sikura spent their entire development years and career on NA ice...for anyone that's played hockey, there is a big difference between NA ice and international. If Perlini or Sikura were better, they've had all the opportunity that Kahun has to show that.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 1:55 a.m.
Chicago Blackhawks
Quoting: ChiHawk
Really? I'm hardly negative all the time. I'm one of the guys on here that doesn't feel a rebuild is necessary and constantly telling people to have patience with the defense and the prospects we have because we have a logjam of defenders that are bottom 4 guys. I agree we need a LHD but only if it's a top 3 guy. That said, should not been at the cost of a rookie winger that showed a lot more promise. More then either Perlini or Sikura or Caggs has shown and for a guy in his first season on NA ice at the NHL level. Perlini and Sikura spent their entire development years and career on NA ice...for anyone that's played hockey, there is a big difference between NA ice and international. If Perlini or Sikura were better, they've had all the opportunity that Kahun has to show that.

Haha, this dude's paragraph is entirely made up of one sentence takes from everyone else on twitter today. Some word for word. This whole Sikura has a higher ceiling **** needs to go away. Sikura, the kid who couldn't buy a goal and was "entirely plagued by bad luck," when Kahun potted 13 and had 37 points overall. Sorry, but this take is ****.

All that being said, I think everyone is overreacting a bit today. This absolutely reminds me of when Hawks fans lost their collective **** over Johnny Oduya, and that turned out smashingly. Would I have preferred Murray? Yeah, but the ask was likely WAY higher, and I don't think Stan wants to part with his high 2nd rounder for someone who is as equally injury prone as Maatta. Maatta is in admittedly worse shape on the overall look, but let's see what happens when the Hawks try the 27-4 Swedish shutdown pair with two Finns. Maybe Maatta and Jokiharju will make a solid pair?

Stan has to be far from done, so let's all take a deep breath and re-assess after the draft.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 4:16 a.m.
hawkman
Quoting: ChiHawk

I have tried telling you in a few posts defence will be different Stanbo job is on the line this season if the hawks dont make playoffs for a third year in a row and dont show a huge improvement this season he is cooked . He can not bring in the same pathetic defence after they could not hold a lead or PK . we can not afford KOEKOEK , Dahlstrom , Manning , etc etc . I like KAHUN and i do not like this trade for NOW however you have to wait to see how things shake out there are still trades to be made , a draft that needs to be held . Changes are coming players get slotted to certain lines by strengths and physical skills and abilities . If the hawks reach out for a winger in free agency where does Kahun slot in ? He is not a 4th liner SAAD can be played on the third line when a team has depth in scoring because he has the ability to be a checking line player not all players can do or are willing to do this . I keep seeing armchair gm teams with Perlini on the 4th line or 3rd line ???? He is not a defensive 200 foot player or a backchecker his game is as a top 6 player if he is not in the top 6 he looks lost and invisible on the ice . < I do not believe that he is a quality top 6 winger by the way >

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll