RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 4
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,250,000$3,250,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RD
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 16, 2019 at 3:03 a.m.
Banned
Im agreed for must of it but both scheen an pitrangelo need new contrat rather than robert thomas so gunnarson will be tought too sign! Would have too get rid of steen contract
Poehling liked this.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 6:14 a.m.
Banned
Kyrou and Fabbri might be gone next year if they can get any trade value from them. Both have had their chance and done nothing with it. They don't have any room on the RW for them. Because of that they will probably get an upgrade somewhere.
I think if they keep Kostin he might earn a spot eventually next year.
Poehling liked this.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 7:55 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: pharrow
Kyrou and Fabbri might be gone next year if they can get any trade value from them. Both have had their chance and done nothing with it.

Sixteen games at age 20 constitutes having a chance for the top prospect in the organization? Dude. Unless it's a huge, good-contract pick-up, Kyrou is going nowhere.
STLBlues17 liked this.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
Sam
Kyrou and Fabbri might be gone next year if they can get any trade value from them. Both have had their chance and done nothing with it. They don't have any room on the RW for them. Because of that they will probably get an upgrade somewhere.
I think if they keep Kostin he might earn a spot eventually next year.

Kyrou played more than 10 minutes only 5 times this year and he was trying to win a spot on a team that was in panic mode from day 1. u21 AHL players that produce at the rate Kyrou did have very high probabilities of becoming at least top-9 NHL forwards.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 11:58 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: STLBlues17
Kyrou played more than 10 minutes only 5 times this year and he was trying to win a spot on a team that was in panic mode from day 1. u21 AHL players that produce at the rate Kyrou did have very high probabilities of becoming at least top-9 NHL forwards.

Quoting: mokumboi
Sixteen games at age 20 constitutes having a chance for the top prospect in the organization? Dude. Unless it's a huge, good-contract pick-up, Kyrou is going nowhere.

2nd round picks aren't "top prospects." These are the guys who get a name, fans become enamored with thinking they are the next answer to all problems and 75-80% of them don't ever make it as a full time NHL player. So lets just get over that.
He had plenty of chance and they simply don't have room on the RW for him. His 40% corsi, total lack of production has a lot to say about his playing time. Lets not pretend he didn't get a chance. He was playing on the 2nd and 3rd lines due to injuries. Better players waiting in the wing spell, get something while you can. Teams always trade from perceived depth to fill weakness. On the blues that the RW.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 12:20 p.m.
Sam
2nd round picks aren't "top prospects." These are the guys who get a name, fans become enamored with thinking they are the next answer to all problems and 75-80% of them don't ever make it as a full time NHL player. So lets just get over that.
He had plenty of chance and they simply don't have room on the RW for him. His 40% corsi, total lack of production has a lot to say about his playing time. Lets not pretend he didn't get a chance. He was playing on the 2nd and 3rd lines due to injuries. Better players waiting in the wing spell, get something while you can. Teams always trade from perceived depth to fill weakness. On the blues that the RW.

The fact that he was a 2nd round pick means absolutely nothing because I can confidently say that Kyrou is a better player/prospect than both Dominik Bokk and Klim Kostin who we’re both first round picks. I think his track record (OHL MVP, leading scorer on WJC gold medal team, Point a game player on horrendous AHL team) speaks a lot louder than 16 games playing 9 minutes a night. Why would you fault Kyrou for not being able to make a team that won the Stanley Cup?
mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
Banned
The fact that he was a 2nd round pick means absolutely nothing because I can confidently say that Kyrou is a better player/prospect than both Dominik Bokk and Klim Kostin who we’re both first round picks. I think his track record (OHL MVP, leading scorer on WJC gold medal team, Point a game player on horrendous AHL team) speaks a lot louder than 16 games playing 9 minutes a night. Why would you fault Kyrou for not being able to make a team that won the Stanley Cup?

Kostin is the better player. I've seen them both play.
It's not 1980s hockey. They aren't developing wingers till they are 23 anymore. You have 1-2 years to show you can play and then you are pretty much done. It's very rare teams develop players longer than that, usually when they do it ends up being a player they trade out because they miss judged their talent level. Much like OS there who played in WBS for ever and never got a real chance. Look at Thomas he came in and played at 19. No one is making excuses for him. He came in and played well.
You either got it or you don't. He doesn't. He had ample opportunity to make that impression. He didn't.
He wasn't a ppg player at the AHL either. He missed that mark. Not that playing well in the AHL means much. Plenty of players play well there and they go no where.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 12:51 p.m.
Sam
It's not 1980s hockey. They aren't developing wingers till they are 23 anymore. You have 1-2 years to show you can play and then you are pretty much done. It's very rare teams develop players longer than that, usually when they do it ends up being a player they trade out because they miss judged their talent level. Much like OS there who played in WBS for ever and never got a real chance. Look at Thomas he came in and played at 19. No one is making excuses for him. He came in and played well.
You either got it or you don't. He doesn't. He had ample opportunity to make that impression. He didn't.
He wasn't a ppg player at the AHL either. He missed that mark. Not that playing well in the AHL means much. Plenty of players play well there and they go no where.

As I said earlier, u21 AHLers who produce at the rate Kyrou did become top-9 NHLers more than 75% of the time and Kyrou played this year on a team with literally no support. Klim Kostin played on that same team and was invisible the entire year. In fact, Klim Kostin hasn’t even really produced anywhere besides international tournaments. Don’t compare Kyrou to Thomas either. Thomas was always the far better prospect and he also had a whole season to breakthrough and he didn’t do a whole lot until he got consistent playing time and line-mates. Both of them were subject to the horrors of Mike Yeo and only Thomas got to thrive under Craig Berube.
Jun. 16, 2019 at 1:29 p.m.
mokumboi

Setting aside that you are off on how Thomas' season went (and other things), how does 16 games equal 1-2 years?
Jun. 17, 2019 at 1:21 a.m.
Banned
Setting aside that you are off on how Thomas' season went (and other things), how does 16 games equal 1-2 years?

one to two years in the system aka the AHL. If he was that good he wouldn't have been sitting down there all year.
As I said before, they have limited space available and he simply isn't cracking that line up. He isn't good enough. They will trade him out for any perceived value they can get for him. Much like Donato, Sprong, and any other number of 2nd round picks that couldn't make the cut yet had perceived value aka a name that has been over hyped.
By the way, Thomas played well for a rookie last year. He's only 19. Cut him some slack. He played well enough to keep getting minutes every night. Which is more than you can say about other players.

As I said earlier, u21 AHLers who produce at the rate Kyrou did become top-9 NHLers more than 75% of the time and Kyrou played this year on a team with literally no support. Klim Kostin played on that same team and was invisible the entire year. In fact, Klim Kostin hasn’t even really produced anywhere besides international tournaments. Don’t compare Kyrou to Thomas either. Thomas was always the far better prospect and he also had a whole season to breakthrough and he didn’t do a whole lot until he got consistent playing time and line-mates. Both of them were subject to the horrors of Mike Yeo and only Thomas got to thrive under Craig Berube.

I don't think you watched 1 AHL game last year. Furthermore, you go ahead and show the study on your stat there. I'll wait for it.

Klim has been by far the better prospect of the two. His play on international teams shows that. It's not just about points either. It's the fact he doesn't get back checked to the ground because he's not 170lbs soaking wet.
He has the strength and build to actually play at the NHL level. Kyrou does not. And it showed. At 21 clock is ticking away on him. He'll be traded while he still has perceived value. Because another year like last year and he won't have that value. He is simply not strong enough on the puck to be at the NHL level. Which is one of the reasons his corsi score was 40%. What you do at the AHL means little at the NHL level. There are plenty of players who lit up the AHL and did nothing at the NHL level. Far more than those who actually did do something.
The only reason Klim hasn't got his chance yet is he was 19 last year and they didn't want to rush his development. It will be a different story next year. He will stick when he gets there too.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 1:56 a.m.
one to two years in the system aka the AHL. If he was that good he wouldn't have been sitting down there all year.
As I said before, they have limited space available and he simply isn't cracking that line up. He isn't good enough. They will trade him out for any perceived value they can get for him. Much like Donato, Sprong, and any other number of 2nd round picks that couldn't make the cut yet had perceived value aka a name that has been over hyped.
By the way, Thomas played well for a rookie last year. He's only 19. Cut him some slack. He played well enough to keep getting minutes every night. Which is more than you can say about other players.

I don't think you watched 1 AHL game last year. Furthermore, you go ahead and show the study on your stat there. I'll wait for it.

Klim has been by far the better prospect of the two. His play on international teams shows that. It's not just about points either. It's the fact he doesn't get back checked to the ground because he's not 170lbs soaking wet.
He has the strength and build to actually play at the NHL level. Kyrou does not. And it showed. At 21 clock is ticking away on him. He'll be traded while he still has perceived value. Because another year like last year and he won't have that value. He is simply not strong enough on the puck to be at the NHL level. Which is one of the reasons his corsi score was 40%. What you do at the AHL means little at the NHL level. There are plenty of players who lit up the AHL and did nothing at the NHL level. Far more than those who actually did do something.
The only reason Klim hasn't got his chance yet is he was 19 last year and they didn't want to rush his development. It will be a different story next year. He will stick when he gets there too.

Like Hudon for MTL, very good in the AHL, but not good enough to play in the NHL.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 3:51 a.m.
mokumboi

1- Wait, are you talking about the Donato who after being drafted had three college years and parts of two season up and down with Boston (46 games total), then was dealt and scored 16 points in 22 games for MInnesota? This is your corollary proof for what the Blues will do? Oi vey.

And there are players on the Blues and every other team that required more than one "season in the system" and 16 NHL games to reach their potential, especially among those who score big. You cannot possibly be unaware of this.

2- I don't need to cut Thomas slack. I am well aware that by the end of the year he was playing great. I'm simply and correctly asserting that your version (he came in and played well) is inaccurate.

3- Play on international teams is NOT a leading indicator of NHL worthiness. It's a totally different rink and game. Besides, if we're supposed to be swayed by Kostin bagging 14 points in 12 WJC games, then what about Kyrou bagging 10 in 7? Oh, and btw... Kostin has now completed two full seasons in the system at the AHL level, and he still is not playing responsibly at both ends. In fact, some would say he actually regressed in key areas of the game this year.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 4:43 a.m.
Banned
1- Wait, are you talking about the Donato who after being drafted had three college years and parts of two season up and down with Boston (46 games total), then was dealt and scored 16 points in 22 games for MInnesota? This is your corollary proof for what the Blues will do? Oi vey.

And there are players on the Blues and every other team that required more than one "season in the system" and 16 NHL games to reach their potential, especially among those who score big. You cannot possibly be unaware of this.

2- I don't need to cut Thomas slack. I am well aware that by the end of the year he was playing great. I'm simply and correctly asserting that your version (he came in and played well) is inaccurate.

3- Play on international teams is NOT a leading indicator of NHL worthiness. It's a totally different rink and game. Besides, if we're supposed to be swayed by Kostin bagging 14 points in 12 WJC games, then what about Kyrou bagging 10 in 7? Oh, and btw... Kostin has now completed two full seasons in the system at the AHL level, and he still is not playing responsibly at both ends. In fact, some would say he actually regressed in key areas of the game this year.

you clearly are refusing to actually listen to a thing I have stated.
Where is he going to play? Who are you going to sit to give him a roster spot? He's not a 4th line player, he's not better than anyone else in the line up, he's not even the best RW prospect on the team.
He still has value, which is why he will be traded. Because there is no room, and his value is shrinking the longer he stays on the blues.
He is a boom or bust player. He is under weight and doesn't have the strength to play a bottom 6 forward role. He has to play top 2 line if he's going to succeed and they just don't have a spot for him there. Much like the penguins didn't have for Sprong and shipped him out and he played fairly well for ANA. The penguins got a decent defense man in return capable of filling a role.
The blues will make the same kind of trade. Much like Boston did with Donato. He wasn't going to hack it in a bottom 6 role. He could only play on the top 2 lines and there really wasn't any room for him there especially at his production level. They will ship Kyrou off for the same reasons and get something to improve the team in return. Because Kyrou isn't an improvement for the team on what they already have, his production has not been good at the NHL level and he's not even their best RW prospect.

He's a gamble. One they can trade out for something more valuable to them in places they are weaker. The sooner they do that the better the return because another year like last year and his value will not be that high. Most people can see that coming. He's 21, he is 170lbs and the knock on him isn't his ability to shoot the puck. It's that he's not strong enough on the puck or the boards. When you are 170lbs that isn't going to change and at 20 now 21 years old, he shouldn't be that way.

And international play does count for something. They scout those games and judge them highly when judging players. Because those games are against the best players in their age group. Most of which will see pro level of play in either the NHL, Euro leagues or KHL.
As for Klim game his game is fine. Yes he has played 2 seasons in the AHL, but he's been playing as an 18 and 19 year old. Not a 20 year old. 20, 21 you are suppose to make an impact. Much like Donato, when you come in from the NCAA at 21-22 you are expected to make that impact right away. When you come in from the canadian leagues at 20 you get 1 or 2 years.
If you come in to the AHL at 18, unless you are a really great player you can expect to be there till you are 20-21.
But if you aren't showing you are capable by then they aren't waiting on you forever. There are tons of other younger players coming in every year. The average age in the AHL is dropping even faster than the age in the NHL.
Most players are entering there as a 20 year old prospect, getting their 3 years and teams either have a place for you or they don't. They aren't developing a forward till they are 24, 25 years old at the AHL level anymore. The only time that is happening is when teams are holding players back through bad judgement. Much like when the Blues got OS from the penguins. They kept him there and gave up on him and traded him off. He was never going to see a penguins jersey they didn't hold much value in him. The Blues benefited from it. That's the way it works. They replaced him with someone younger and moved on. They trade them out and let someone else deal with it after 2-3 years. But don't think that value doesn't drop in those years. It does. Because everyone else knows when you are looking at a 22 year old player in the AHL that if they had the talent, they would be there by now.

Don't think for one minute the rest of the NHL isn't looking at Kyrou and asking, if he's so great why is he still in the AHL at 22 years old. Because everyone is going to be asking that come next year if he's still on the team sitting in the AHL. Which is where he will be because he isn't out playing anyone there for a roster spot and they are going to give Klim a chance to earn his too, because he is good enough to play at the NHL level. Unlike Kyrou, who lacked the strength to play up there, Klim doesn't. He's proven he can play a high level game. Which is why I think he sticks if/when he gets his place and is the better prospect.
You act like teams will just hold onto everyone forever. It doesn't work that way. You got to give to get and there is always places to improve. If you stand still you get passed up, you have to improve every year. GM know this. Blue depth is on the RW prospect. When they go to improve the team, you can bet that is what is included on a trade. The Reason Kyrou will be the one shipped is they have already seen what he can do, it wasn't great and odds of it improving at this point aren't high. He is what he is.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 7:02 a.m.
mokumboi
you clearly are refusing to actually listen to a thing I have stated.
Where is he going to play? Who are you going to sit to give him a roster spot? He's not a 4th line player, he's not better than anyone else in the line up, he's not even the best RW prospect on the team.
He still has value, which is why he will be traded. Because there is no room, and his value is shrinking the longer he stays on the blues.
He is a boom or bust player. He is under weight and doesn't have the strength to play a bottom 6 forward role. He has to play top 2 line if he's going to succeed and they just don't have a spot for him there. Much like the penguins didn't have for Sprong and shipped him out and he played fairly well for ANA. The penguins got a decent defense man in return capable of filling a role.
The blues will make the same kind of trade. Much like Boston did with Donato. He wasn't going to hack it in a bottom 6 role. He could only play on the top 2 lines and there really wasn't any room for him there especially at his production level. They will ship Kyrou off for the same reasons and get something to improve the team in return. Because Kyrou isn't an improvement for the team on what they already have, his production has not been good at the NHL level and he's not even their best RW prospect.

He's a gamble. One they can trade out for something more valuable to them in places they are weaker. The sooner they do that the better the return because another year like last year and his value will not be that high. Most people can see that coming. He's 21, he is 170lbs and the knock on him isn't his ability to shoot the puck. It's that he's not strong enough on the puck or the boards. When you are 170lbs that isn't going to change and at 20 now 21 years old, he shouldn't be that way.

And international play does count for something. They scout those games and judge them highly when judging players. Because those games are against the best players in their age group. Most of which will see pro level of play in either the NHL, Euro leagues or KHL.
As for Klim game his game is fine. Yes he has played 2 seasons in the AHL, but he's been playing as an 18 and 19 year old. Not a 20 year old. 20, 21 you are suppose to make an impact. Much like Donato, when you come in from the NCAA at 21-22 you are expected to make that impact right away. When you come in from the canadian leagues at 20 you get 1 or 2 years.
If you come in to the AHL at 18, unless you are a really great player you can expect to be there till you are 20-21.
But if you aren't showing you are capable by then they aren't waiting on you forever. There are tons of other younger players coming in every year. The average age in the AHL is dropping even faster than the age in the NHL.
Most players are entering there as a 20 year old prospect, getting their 3 years and teams either have a place for you or they don't. They aren't developing a forward till they are 24, 25 years old at the AHL level anymore. The only time that is happening is when teams are holding players back through bad judgement. Much like when the Blues got OS from the penguins. They kept him there and gave up on him and traded him off. He was never going to see a penguins jersey they didn't hold much value in him. The Blues benefited from it. That's the way it works. They replaced him with someone younger and moved on. They trade them out and let someone else deal with it after 2-3 years. But don't think that value doesn't drop in those years. It does. Because everyone else knows when you are looking at a 22 year old player in the AHL that if they had the talent, they would be there by now.

Don't think for one minute the rest of the NHL isn't looking at Kyrou and asking, if he's so great why is he still in the AHL at 22 years old. Because everyone is going to be asking that come next year if he's still on the team sitting in the AHL. Which is where he will be because he isn't out playing anyone there for a roster spot and they are going to give Klim a chance to earn his too, because he is good enough to play at the NHL level. Unlike Kyrou, who lacked the strength to play up there, Klim doesn't. He's proven he can play a high level game. Which is why I think he sticks if/when he gets his place and is the better prospect.
You act like teams will just hold onto everyone forever. It doesn't work that way. You got to give to get and there is always places to improve. If you stand still you get passed up, you have to improve every year. GM know this. Blue depth is on the RW prospect. When they go to improve the team, you can bet that is what is included on a trade. The Reason Kyrou will be the one shipped is they have already seen what he can do, it wasn't great and odds of it improving at this point aren't high. He is what he is.

1- Kyrou isn't 22. He just turned 21. Sure, it's easy to say "oh, it's what he'll be next year if if if... " Problem with that point is, none of that has actually happened yet. You're assuming on a lot of if's.

2- You place a lot of weight on international play... except when it comes to Kyrou's, which is just was good as Kostin's.

Anyway, I could make more points, but this is both tiring and going nowhere.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 9:27 a.m.
Sam

It’s a legit stat, trust me. Also, I had AHL tv last year and I watched Kyrou be untouchable and Kostin be invisible most of the time. I still can’t believe your faulting Kyrou for not being able to stick with a roster that won the Stanley Cup. He wasn’t unseating Tarasenko, Perron, or Thomas and there was no point in playing him in a 4th line roll. Next year, Thomas will move to center and Kyrou will get a legitimate chance to stick in the top-9. If his OHL MVP, AHL Allstar, WJC leading scorer shows up, he’ll stick, if he plays like first 16 games of pro hockey all year then I’ll be worried.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 10:56 p.m.
Banned
It’s a legit stat, trust me. Also, I had AHL tv last year and I watched Kyrou be untouchable and Kostin be invisible most of the time. I still can’t believe your faulting Kyrou for not being able to stick with a roster that won the Stanley Cup. He wasn’t unseating Tarasenko, Perron, or Thomas and there was no point in playing him in a 4th line roll. Next year, Thomas will move to center and Kyrou will get a legitimate chance to stick in the top-9. If his OHL MVP, AHL Allstar, WJC leading scorer shows up, he’ll stick, if he plays like first 16 games of pro hockey all year then I’ll be worried.

1- Kyrou isn't 22. He just turned 21. Sure, it's easy to say "oh, it's what he'll be next year if if if... " Problem with that point is, none of that has actually happened yet. You're assuming on a lot of if's.

2- You place a lot of weight on international play... except when it comes to Kyrou's, which is just was good as Kostin's.

Anyway, I could make more points, but this is both tiring and going nowhere.

I judge Kyrou based on what he did at his highest level of play. Which was all of nothing but get tossed around on the ice. He looked lost out there, and no one can deny that looking at that play. He wasn't simply 1 year away, he looked lost and out of place. He's not a guy anyone is looking at and saying he can play bottom 6 minutes and there is no room on the top 2 lines which is the only place he could even remotely have a chance to succeed and he's not earning that ice time.

there is little to base this mythical belief that somehow you are going to get something greater than you already got last year. It's unrealistic to think you are going to magically get more from him next year. You aren't talking about an 18 year old who has years to develop. He's 21 this year, he was 20 last year. He should be there by now, if not close. He's not.
Furthermore, there is no reason to move anyone out of position on that roster. Look at that roster above. They aren't going to not play one of those centers to move Thomas over. It also doesn't help that he's right handed. Most centers are Left handed to avoid the odd matchup. They already have 1 right handed center in the top 3 there. There is no room on the RW and we all know it. Especially considering Kyrou can't skate bottom 6 at all. He's not strong enough.
Why you hold onto someone due to their name is unrealistic. He's not better than what you currently have on the roster. If other teams still see value in him, it's the smart move to trade him for help in other areas. That's how teams improve. You get something you need for something you don't.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.
Sam
I judge Kyrou based on what he did at his highest level of play. Which was all of nothing but get tossed around on the ice. He looked lost out there, and no one can deny that looking at that play. He wasn't simply 1 year away, he looked lost and out of place. He's not a guy anyone is looking at and saying he can play bottom 6 minutes and there is no room on the top 2 lines which is the only place he could even remotely have a chance to succeed and he's not earning that ice time.

there is little to base this mythical belief that somehow you are going to get something greater than you already got last year. It's unrealistic to think you are going to magically get more from him next year. You aren't talking about an 18 year old who has years to develop. He's 21 this year, he was 20 last year. He should be there by now, if not close. He's not.
Furthermore, there is no reason to move anyone out of position on that roster. Look at that roster above. They aren't going to not play one of those centers to move Thomas over. It also doesn't help that he's right handed. Most centers are Left handed to avoid the odd matchup. They already have 1 right handed center in the top 3 there. There is no room on the RW and we all know it. Especially considering Kyrou can't skate bottom 6 at all. He's not strong enough.
Why you hold onto someone due to their name is unrealistic. He's not better than what you currently have on the roster. If other teams still see value in him, it's the smart move to trade him for help in other areas. That's how teams improve. You get something you need for something you don't.

Good god, imagine judging a 20 year old based on 16 games where his coach was Mike Yeo. Also, Kyrou is EXACTLY what the Blues need. He’s the best skater in the organization (one of the best in the world) and is a right handed shot that can run a power play. I’m not expecting Kyrou to be some superstar player either, I think he’ll be a 2nd liner who can sometimes break open a game with his speed and he’ll be a great player on the power play. I compare him to Kevin Labanc who also won the Red Tilson trophy and wasn’t in the NHL until he was 21.
mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
Banned
Good god, imagine judging a 20 year old based on 16 games where his coach was Mike Yeo. Also, Kyrou is EXACTLY what the Blues need. He’s the best skater in the organization (one of the best in the world) and is a right handed shot that can run a power play. I’m not expecting Kyrou to be some superstar player either, I think he’ll be a 2nd liner who can sometimes break open a game with his speed and he’ll be a great player on the power play. I compare him to Kevin Labanc who also won the Red Tilson trophy and wasn’t in the NHL until he was 21.

You really over value him. That's all there is to it. He'll be the big named "prospect" if you can even call him that anymore, who is traded this year. There are 2-3 every year that switch teams. He'll be one this year. Don't get attached to guys on their name. A name with a 40% corsi is still a 40% corsi. A name with being unable to be strong on the puck and win board battles, is still not being strong on the puck and unable to win board battles. Yup he can skate, he has a shot. But you need a complete game on the next level. And that's the problem, he doesn't have one and the odds of him improving it are slim.
Poehling liked this.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Sam

I can give you a laundry list of NHL players who played in the AHL or did nothing in the NHL in their d+3 season and became impact players.
Kevin Labanc, Kasperi Kapanen, Andreas Johnsson, Victor Arvidsson, Dylan Strome, Anthony Mantha, Andreas Athanasiou, Chris Kreider, Mark Stone, Mike Hoffman, Jakub Vrana etc.
Guys like Nick Suzuki and Morgan Frost will fail in the NHL next year and play in the AHL and nobody will bat an eye.
Poehling and mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 17, 2019 at 11:50 p.m.
Sam
You really over value him. That's all there is to it. He'll be the big named "prospect" if you can even call him that anymore, who is traded this year. There are 2-3 every year that switch teams. He'll be one this year. Don't get attached to guys on their name. A name with a 40% corsi is still a 40% corsi. A name with being unable to be strong on the puck and win board battles, is still not being strong on the puck and unable to win board battles. Yup he can skate, he has a shot. But you need a complete game on the next level. And that's the problem, he doesn't have one and the odds of him improving it are slim.

Was Kyrou not ready for the NHL this year? 100%, it was his first season of pro hockey and he’s an undersized player. In fact, he went down to the AHL and had just 1 empty net goal in his first 6 games. With consistent ice time and linemates, he put up 42 points in his next 41 games. The notion that a player won’t improve his game after a full season in the AHL is absolutely absurd
mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 1:49 a.m.
Banned
I can give you a laundry list of NHL players who played in the AHL or did nothing in the NHL in their d+3 season and became impact players.
Kevin Labanc, Kasperi Kapanen, Andreas Johnsson, Victor Arvidsson, Dylan Strome, Anthony Mantha, Andreas Athanasiou, Chris Kreider, Mark Stone, Mike Hoffman, Jakub Vrana etc.
Guys like Nick Suzuki and Morgan Frost will fail in the NHL next year and play in the AHL and nobody will bat an eye.

We could go player by player here but it's not even a close example.
Take stone for example who's first actual stint in the NHL a 19 game stint he had a 61.6% corsi and had 4 goals and 4 assists and 8 points. The season before that he played 4 games had a 55% corsi and solid underlying numbers. You think you are cherry picking here but you are just proving the point. None of them looked that bad. I don't think there is a player there that was nearly that bad. Kasperi first stint his underlying numbers were a 53.6% corsi as a 19 year old. The only thing you are doing here is proving my point on how unprepared kyrou is and how his stats don't match up. You can hardly call the vast majority of the players on that lists first impressions in the NHL as "do nothing". They showed they were at least capable of holding their own.
Lebanc came in and added 8 goals in 55 games, and played well enough to stick around with his corsi being almost 50% and having a + on the ice. Johnsson was a 57.6% corsi his first 9 games.
Viktor came in with 6 games and a 51.4% Fenwick again underlying stats leading to success. We can go down the whole list this way. Kyrou showed nothing. No underlying stats, no points, no nothing to even suggest he will have any level of success. You act like all these players came into the league and flopped with 40% corsi/40%Fenwick and 0 points. None of that is true.
You can't look at those players on that list and say, oh they needed 1 year to be able to handle themselves at the NHL level. That is bogus. They were already showing they were capable. Yes they benefited from going to the AHL for a year, but not as much as you think. Any one of them could have stayed on their main club with their underlying numbers. But you can't say that about Kyrou. It's absurd to think he's going to make the jump in a few months, it will be what 6 months maybe less from the last time he was in the NHL till the start of the next season. It's not going to happen.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Sam
We could go player by player here but it's not even a close example.
Take stone for example who's first actual stint in the NHL a 19 game stint he had a 61.6% corsi and had 4 goals and 4 assists and 8 points. The season before that he played 4 games had a 55% corsi and solid underlying numbers. You think you are cherry picking here but you are just proving the point. None of them looked that bad. I don't think there is a player there that was nearly that bad. Kasperi first stint his underlying numbers were a 53.6% corsi as a 19 year old. The only thing you are doing here is proving my point on how unprepared kyrou is and how his stats don't match up. You can hardly call the vast majority of the players on that lists first impressions in the NHL as "do nothing". They showed they were at least capable of holding their own.
Lebanc came in and added 8 goals in 55 games, and played well enough to stick around with his corsi being almost 50% and having a + on the ice. Johnsson was a 57.6% corsi his first 9 games.
Viktor came in with 6 games and a 51.4% Fenwick again underlying stats leading to success. We can go down the whole list this way. Kyrou showed nothing. No underlying stats, no points, no nothing to even suggest he will have any level of success. You act like all these players came into the league and flopped with 40% corsi/40%Fenwick and 0 points. None of that is true.
You can't look at those players on that list and say, oh they needed 1 year to be able to handle themselves at the NHL level. That is bogus. They were already showing they were capable. Yes they benefited from going to the AHL for a year, but not as much as you think. Any one of them could have stayed on their main club with their underlying numbers. But you can't say that about Kyrou. It's absurd to think he's going to make the jump in a few months, it will be what 6 months maybe less from the last time he was in the NHL till the start of the next season. It's not going to happen.

You act like Kyrou is Tage Thompson who played a whole year and by most metrics was one of the worst players in the league. You also ignore any and all context to use your convenient corsi narrative based on 16 games. You ignore that Mike Yeo is the coach, you ignore just how awful a situation the Blues were in, and you ignore the fact that it was his first stint of pro hockey and he just wasn’t ready. On November 11th, Robert Thomas had an xgoals% of 39.4 and had just 4 points. With real and consistent coaching/linemates, Thomas finished the season at 55.9% and with 9 goals and 33 points in 70 games. I’ll say it again, guys with as consistent and good of a track record as Kyrou succeed in the NHL more often than not. It’s not like Kyrou is like 25 year old Kenny Agostino destroying the AHL, he was 20 the entire season and carried a horrendous Rampage team. There aren’t many players who are too good for the AHL at only 20 and never make it.
Jun. 18, 2019 at 9:39 a.m.
Banned
You act like Kyrou is Tage Thompson who played a whole year and by most metrics was one of the worst players in the league. You also ignore any and all context to use your convenient corsi narrative based on 16 games. You ignore that Mike Yeo is the coach, you ignore just how awful a situation the Blues were in, and you ignore the fact that it was his first stint of pro hockey and he just wasn’t ready. On November 11th, Robert Thomas had an xgoals% of 39.4 and had just 4 points. With real and consistent coaching/linemates, Thomas finished the season at 55.9% and with 9 goals and 33 points in 70 games. I’ll say it again, guys with as consistent and good of a track record as Kyrou succeed in the NHL more often than not. It’s not like Kyrou is like 25 year old Kenny Agostino destroying the AHL, he was 20 the entire season and carried a horrendous Rampage team. There aren’t many players who are too good for the AHL at only 20 and never make it.

actually there have been plenty.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll