Forums/Armchair-GM

Karlsson and Ehlers

Created by: WellIDK
Team: 2019-20 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 19, 2019
Published: Jun. 19, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Don't think Vegas will trade Karlsson, but they are in cap trouble. Especially since the cap will be lower than expected
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,000,000
8$10,000,000
6$7,500,000
3$3,500,000
3$3,250,000
2$3,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$5,000,000
Trades
COL
  1. Karlsson, William [RFA Rights]
VGK
  1. Jost, Tyson
  2. 2019 2nd round pick (COL)
  3. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$80,163,928$0$2,682,500$1,336,072
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 4
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$7,500,000$7,500,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
RFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 2
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,450,000$1,450,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
that barrie trade is a stinker, why in the world would the avs sell so low on him. Ehlers is a rebuild project on that contract.

The Karlsson one is a little interesting but I would mess around with them to get the Clarkson contract to put on LTIR to lessen the assets given up. They still need to move that Clarkson contract to make it all work from whats being reported out there
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
Dr.
Quoting: coga16
that barrie trade is a stinker, why in the world would the avs sell so low on him. Ehlers is a rebuild project on that contract.

The Karlsson one is a little interesting but I would mess around with them to get the Clarkson contract to put on LTIR to lessen the assets given up. They still need to move that Clarkson contract to make it all work from whats being reported out there

Why not just exchange jost for a 3rd, if they don't want that just use an offer sheet, same compensation for that price. Josty still has some potential for us.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: ArakinSkywalker
Why not just exchange jost for a 3rd, if they don't want that just use an offer sheet, same compensation for that price. Josty still has some potential for us.

I wouldnt want to move Jost yet..like you said I think he has too much potential yet.
Out of the roommates teh one I would feel most comfortable moving on from is Kerfoot bc I dont know if he has a long term fit beyond 2 years from now. Still is tough to give up the most productive of the bunch but I can see the logic behind that move
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:29 p.m.

Oh please, stop with the over exaggeration Coga. Ehlers had an down year for sure, no dispute there but if you prorate his season he still finishes with almost 30 goals. Not saying he is worth Barrie necessarily but making him out to be "rebuild project" is over the top and unnecessary. He's a good player that a lot of teams are clamoring to get. 6M for a 23 year old two time 60+ point winger is a great deal.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Rantanen doesn't get 10 million, come on now only Marner is valued over that amount. *sacasm*
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:31 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack

I actually disagree, while Barrie is a better player than Ehlers right now. In those next 6 years of Ehlers, there will be 4-5 seasons where that 6mil cap hit is really good value. He's still pretty young with nothing but 20 goal seasons except his rookie year. That's a guy who can grow more and learn from on off season and end up being a 30goal guy in the future IMO. The Avs are very likely not re-signing Barrie. I'd love that! But with Makar and if Timmins lives up to half of the hype, Barrie is out. What's re-signing him gonna cost too? Much more than 6mil in the next 6 years. I think that Barrie-Ehlers trade is a steal for the Avs. Change my mind.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:31 p.m.

Ehlers had a bad year but I expect him to bounce back. The trade is probably a bit off since Ehlers' value dropped after last season and Barrie had a good year. But I think Ehlers would be a nice addition.

Quoting: ArakinSkywalker

Avs don't meet the requirements to offer sheet Karlsson unless the cap hit will be as high as giving up 4 1st round picks
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:33 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Can't do that Karlsson trade. Jost still has that potential so giving him up with that 1st rounder is a hard one.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:34 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Oh please, stop with the over exaggeration Coga. Ehlers had an down year for sure, no dispute there but if you prorate his season he still finishes with almost 30 goals. Not saying he is worth Barrie necessarily but making him out to be "rebuild project" is over the top and unnecessary. He's a good player that a lot of teams are clamoring to get. 6M for a 23 year old two time 60+ point winger is a great deal.

There is just a lot of rumblings of winnipeg when it comes to Ehlers, and its not just whats on the ice when considered "rebuild". Have no idea whats true or not but there is some toxic stuff floating jets rumours.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: BlastnyFromThePastny
Can't do that Karlsson trade. Jost still has that potential so giving him up with that 1st rounder is a hard one.

What is Kerfoot / Compher instead of Jost?
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:38 p.m.
I actually disagree, while Barrie is a better player than Ehlers right now. In those next 6 years of Ehlers, there will be 4-5 seasons where that 6mil cap hit is really good value. He's still pretty young with nothing but 20 goal seasons except his rookie year. That's a guy who can grow more and learn from on off season and end up being a 30goal guy in the future IMO. The Avs are very likely not re-signing Barrie. I'd love that! But with Makar and if Timmins lives up to half of the hype, Barrie is out. What's re-signing him gonna cost too? Much more than 6mil in the next 6 years. I think that Barrie-Ehlers trade is a steal for the Avs. Change my mind.

like I said to the Habs fan....there are some rumours of Ehlers (w/ Laine) who have some locker room issues with the Jets. We arent in the biz and we dont know but teams would check into this stuff or confident that their lockerroom can handle said personalities before making a move. I think there is some risk in Ehlers still and to be its just nto worth Barrie for
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:39 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Quoting: WellIDK
What is Kerfoot / Compher instead of Jost?

I don't know what is it?

Kerfoot I think is the closest to his ceiling right now. He'd do well on a line with epic wingers like Patches, March, and even good ones like Smith. So I could possibly do Kerfoot a 2020 1st and the 2019 COL 3rd.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:40 p.m.
There is just a lot of rumblings of winnipeg when it comes to Ehlers, and its not just whats on the ice when considered "rebuild". Have no idea whats true or not but there is some toxic stuff floating jets rumours.

I won't speculate until I have concrete proof if that's the case. I haven't heard anything about Ehlers and I have a feeling the rumors birds like to prey on teams who appoint cuz it makes for good reading. Until we find out some concrete stuff, I'll take him at face value and he is a solid young player with good numbers to back it up over his career. There's no way he's a rebuild project in GM's minds.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:43 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
like I said to the Habs fan....there are some rumours of Ehlers (w/ Laine) who have some locker room issues with the Jets. We arent in the biz and we dont know but teams would check into this stuff or confident that their lockerroom can handle said personalities before making a move. I think there is some risk in Ehlers still and to be its just nto worth Barrie for

There's been bad locker room Jets rumours for years. Kane VS Byfuglien, or a couple years back when Myers played super ****y and they said "locker room isn't doing so well." I wanna say it's because they have to live in -40'C weather for a heavy chunk of their playing time in the season. Besides the Avs locker room is in good spirits since Dutchy was traded, probably something he'd love to be a part of. If it's between Ehlers and Laine, I'd say it's the cocky guy who thought he was gonna be 1st overall and now has gotten more attention this year for playing fortnite than actually playing hockey.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:43 p.m.
I won't speculate until I have concrete proof if that's the case. I haven't heard anything about Ehlers and I have a feeling the rumors birds like to prey on teams who appoint cuz it makes for good reading. Until we find out some concrete stuff, I'll take him at face value and he is a solid young player with good numbers to back it up over his career. There's no way he's a rebuild project in GM's minds.

Im from Manitoba, so every Jets fans has inside tidbits and you have no clue what is real, what is not...a friend of a friend knows this sort of wildfire rumour and it blurs the lines. Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire, but there are stories of Laine and Ehlers being a major pain in that lockerroom causing some rifts.

Yes my perception will be skewed based on all this, so I wouldnt want to touch an Ehlers trade
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:46 p.m.
There's been bad locker room Jets rumours for years. Kane VS Byfuglien, or a couple years back when Myers played super ****y and they said "locker room isn't doing so well." I wanna say it's because they have to live in -40'C weather for a heavy chunk of their playing time in the season. Besides the Avs locker room is in good spirits since Dutchy was traded, probably something he'd love to be a part of. If it's between Ehlers and Laine, I'd say it's the cocky guy who thought he was gonna be 1st overall and now has gotten more attention this year for playing fortnite than actually playing hockey.

I think when it comes to the Jets, its the same that happened with the Avs and Dutchy...aligning with the old guards like Iggy, Beauch etc and wouldnt allow the new core to take the mantle. I assume the same is happening in the Jets room with Wheeler, Buff, Little, etc not letting the new wave guys have the same voice.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
Im from Manitoba, so every Jets fans has inside tidbits and you have no clue what is real, what is not...a friend of a friend knows this sort of wildfire rumour and it blurs the lines. Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire, but there are stories of Laine and Ehlers being a major pain in that lockerroom causing some rifts.

Yes my perception will be skewed based on all this, so I wouldnt want to touch an Ehlers trade

That's fine. Not wanting to make the move is one thing, the player being considered a rebuild project when he is not is another.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:49 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
I think when it comes to the Jets, its the same that happened with the Avs and Dutchy...aligning with the old guards like Iggy, Beauch etc and wouldnt allow the new core to take the mantle. I assume the same is happening in the Jets room with Wheeler, Buff, Little, etc not letting the new wave guys have the same voice.

That makes a lot of sense.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.
I don't know what is it?

Kerfoot I think is the closest to his ceiling right now. He'd do well on a line with epic wingers like Patches, March, and even good ones like Smith. So I could possibly do Kerfoot a 2020 1st and the 2019 COL 3rd.

Oh right I meant what if haha.

Yeah I think that trade would be fine. Kerfoot might be a valuable middle 6 guy at Vegas at a cheap contract. I think OTT 3rd would be a bit more fair from Vegas perspective though
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.
That's fine. Not wanting to make the move is one thing, the player being considered a rebuild project when he is not is another.

sure I can see your point of the Rebuild phrase being above and beyond but I do believe there is some truth behind these rumours....why would a guy like him be so easily available, there is a reason and its just not for cap reasons, bc like you said yourself a guy who is a 20g 60pt guy on a 6m contract isnt a cap concern with one outlier season
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:53 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Quoting: WellIDK
Oh right I meant what if haha.

Yeah I think that trade would be fine. Kerfoot might be a valuable middle 6 guy at Vegas at a cheap contract. I think OTT 3rd would be a bit more fair from Vegas perspective though

Alright! Let's call up Joe and George and tell 'em it's a deal! We'll call up Kevin too! I am down.
WellIDK liked this.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:56 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
sure I can see your point of the Rebuild phrase being above and beyond but I do believe there is some truth behind these rumours....why would a guy like him be so easily available, there is a reason and its just not for cap reasons, bc like you said yourself a guy who is a 20g 60pt guy on a 6m contract isnt a cap concern with one outlier season

I think that Laine has a stronger say than Ehlers. Not that he's going around telling everyone to be on Team Laine instead of Team Ehlers, just his opinions and vibes probably has more sway. He's got that Ovie level slapshot and is a couple years younger. That's my guess. It's like Eichel "having nothing to do with Bylsma's firing" when he definitely had something to do with Bylsma's firing. I am vouching for Ehlers, and I even own a Laine jersey.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:58 p.m.

Well now we're playing into the rumor game. I don't know, no one does. One thing i do know, is that losing Trouba, Hayes and potentially Myers while needing to resign Laine and Connor and others makes this offseason a big one for Chevy. He may be thinking proactively and trying to get some cheap young assets to help bridge the gap until, they can be dominant again. They also have decent firepower on the wing so trading Ehlers may be a necessary move.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 4:58 p.m.
I think that Laine has a stronger say than Ehlers. Not that he's going around telling everyone to be on Team Laine instead of Team Ehlers, just his opinions and vibes probably has more sway. He's got that Ovie level slapshot and is a couple years younger. That's my guess. It's like Eichel "having nothing to do with Bylsma's firing" when he definitely had something to do with Bylsma's firing. I am vouching for Ehlers, and I even own a Laine jersey.

Ehlers and Laine are boys, so if Laine is stirring the pot, hes right beside him getting indirect heat.
Jun. 19, 2019 at 5:11 p.m.
Well now we're playing into the rumor game. I don't know, no one does. One thing i do know, is that losing Trouba, Hayes and potentially Myers while needing to resign Laine and Connor and others makes this offseason a big one for Chevy. He may be thinking proactively and trying to get some cheap young assets to help bridge the gap until, they can be dominant again. They also have decent firepower on the wing so trading Ehlers may be a necessary move.

I admittedly am playing into the rumour game but its hard to when you cant escape it. Something stinks in that Jets locker room and the belief its Laine, and Ehlers is his home boy. I dunno something doesnt add up and I am not a fan of rolling the dice on

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll