SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

100% best mock draft

100% best mock draft

Draft Class: 2019
Created By: Dan10900
Published: Jun. 20, 2019 at 5:28 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Has the highest ceiling of anyone in this draft and NJD has made it clear that they're taking Hughes with this pick
2Logo of the New York Rangers-NYR gladly takes whichever of Hughes and kakko falls to them, they'd probably prefer Kakko bc he'll be able to step in and make a bigger impact immediately
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-While Byram is the popular pick for Chicago, I feel that their need of a forward/lack of need of a defenseman, and the fact that Byram is BARELY considered by most to be better than Turcotte they go with forward
4Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsByram "falls" to them, they probably rush to the stage to make the pick, I have also heard the occasional rumor of LAK trading up to this pick if Byram is available
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-I feel like Zegras and Krebs are the next two off the board and it could go either way, but I went with Zegras because I feel the Kings are transitioning towards a speed game and Zegras compliments that better
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Again, Krebs falls into their lap, they don't hesitate with this pick to bolster their already solid young forward core
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-BUF needs another C bc I'm not sold on Mittlestadt and it can never hurt to take a big C lots of upside
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Cozens is the last of the low risk picks imo and I can't see him falling past 8, even though he played on a great Lethbridge team his production as an 18 year old was still impressive
9Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-If ANA isn't going to go with a d man with this pick they're going to go with the best goal scorer left, Caufield, even though it is probably a bit of a reach
10Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver has what is generally considered to be the best prospect pool in the league, they can afford the boom or bust prospect in podkolzin
11Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-While he is a bit of a reach this is where it becomes more common for a team to draft based on team need and are willing to reach farther
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-With Boldy still available MIN needs prospects at every position, they don't hesitate to take the best player left
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-FLA needs a d man in the system and on the roster, and Soderstrom is the best left
14Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-ARZ NEEDS scoring, but the aren't any sure thing prospects left, the highest upside offensively is either Newhook or Brink, Brink is going to college in 2020-21 and Newhook is going college in 2019-20
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-MTL can use prospect help everywhere and I think York is BPA
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-COL is more in need of forward depth, they already have a good enough prospect pool, and had the fourth pick, they don't NEED to hit on this pick so they can take the higher risk prospect that has showed crazy skill (he was one that people were questioning his work ethic and such right)
17Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-BPA, I have to have this done by Friday, and am extremely lazy lol
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
20Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-BC PIT has been great at developing first round defensemen (Maata Pouliot Morrow etc...) I'm going to go with another high risk Ehhhh reward player, but they desperately need defense prospects and roster players, and hate Thomas Harley
22Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
23Logo of the New York Islanders-
24Logo of the Nashville Predators-
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-
26Logo of the Calgary Flames-
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
29Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the San Jose Sharks
30Logo of the Boston Bruins-I don't get this pick, but BOS fans seem to want it
31Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the St. Louis BluesI like Lassi Thompson more, but his value seems to be plummeting rn
Jun. 20, 2019 at 8:07 p.m.
If MTL and VGK are going BPA I think they take Broberg
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 20, 2019 at 10:51 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I don't see the Caps taking yet another LHD, especially with guys like Brink and Afanasyev available
Jun. 20, 2019 at 11:01 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
I don't see the Caps taking yet another LHD, especially with guys like Brink and Afanasyev available

Brink I had way earlier, I was quite high on him, I see your point on the LHD thing though, but I really wasn't sure who to pick for them, they don't have any major needs on the roster, and Alexiev is probably their best prospect skater wise, but he's still a few years out
Jun. 21, 2019 at 1:32 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: AFOX10900
Brink I had way earlier, I was quite high on him, I see your point on the LHD thing though, but I really wasn't sure who to pick for them, they don't have any major needs on the roster, and Alexiev is probably their best prospect skater wise, but he's still a few years out

He is, it's just that the Caps have a lot of LHDs in the system that they like a lot and not a lot at other positions. We've got Alexeyev, Johansen, Fehervary (2nd round pick last year), plus Siegenthaler and Djoos at the NHL level right now, on top of Orlov and Kempny locked up for a while. Given that we have no forwards with top six upside and *maybe* one guy with top nine upside, I'd be stunned if it isn't a forward that we take.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll