Forums/Armchair-GM

Im done

Created by: HatterTParty
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 22, 2019
Published: Jun. 22, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Full disclosure, I’m not even creating the name for this joke of a third overall pick. I need to vent, so let me know what you all think.

Now more than ever, the hawks have got to fire Bowman. I’ve been furious and dwelling on this for the last five hours and I can’t believe even he did this. He passed easily three players (byram, turcotte, zegras) better than his pick. He really thought his size, skill, and speed (what speed?!?!?!) was otherworldly? To make matters worse, even mark kelley (head of Blackhawks scouting) was pissed. Don’t believe me, just look at the picture on stage. So, why did he do this? What’s the logic? Well, time certainly helps filter thoughts.

As best I can tell, Bowman did this for two specific reasons. 1) he needed someone who was a “safe” pick who could be nhl ready the fastest. 2) he needed that pick so that he could save his own a@&. Having said that, is it fair to say Stan screwed us? I have to think so. He didn’t stay the course, he didn’t pick the best player available, even the best available at that position! He panicked and was only thinking of himself. It’s selfish and I’m sick of it.

Just so everyone remembers, we don’t need scoring! We need to prevent it! Bowen byram was a number one dman in the making. Not to mention turcotte was fast as hell and had some great upside. Hell even zegras is a elite playmaker. Instead we’re stuck with a big and slow, nuff said. Who cares that projects as Getzlaf?! This isn’t 2006! Congrats guys, we are gonna still let up plenty of goals and NOT make the playoffs. F$&@ you Bowman.

So please understand, I’m a proud fan since 1994 of these blackhawks. I have as much passion for this team as any of my fellow armchair gms. But I’ll tell you this now, I NEED these executives to have as much passion for this team as I do! Don’t save your own a$&, do what’s best for this team. So thank you Stan, you took some of my faith and love of this team from me tonight. Your precious third overall pick will not be nhl ready this year, we will miss the playoffs this year, and hopefully we will get a better gm who won’t waste another lottery pick. But who knows, maybe your knight in shining armor will be a success. Either way, it’ll on a team with no defensive cover that has no clear #1 dman (and yes I do mean our prospects).

I love my Blackhawks so much, and that’s why this hurts so bad. So please, let me know your opinions, be as harsh as you feel like, because I’m so fed up with this guy’s selfish moves designed to save himself and not this team.

Signed, a concerned fan
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
17$82,000,000$56,138,353$0$2,507,500$25,861,647
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:05 a.m.
As a Kings fan, I appreciate Bowman taking Dach over Turcotte. smile
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:07 a.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
As a Kings fan, I appreciate Bowman taking Dach over Turcotte. smile

As you should, you guys needed some speed, and now you got that in spades. Full marks to you guys for not passing over him too.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:09 a.m.
For all you know this could end up being the Petterson similarities for VAN 2 years ago. We were all upset here in vancouver that we didn't take Glass or Vilardi. Now look at the results.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:17 a.m.
Quoting: Wqrrior
For all you know this could end up being the Petterson similarities for VAN 2 years ago. We were all upset here in vancouver that we didn't take Glass or Vilardi. Now look at the results.

As I said, it could work out. I’m not exactly encouraged, but it could. That said, he will have to do so in front of a defense that has no true number one. Yes joki and Boqvist are great players, but they don’t project to number one dmen. Byram did, plus we don’t need the scoring. Bowman was just trying to save his job with the save his job. You can get a center in next years draft for Christ sake. Take the damn true number dman!
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:26 a.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
As I said, it could work out. I’m not exactly encouraged, but it could. That said, he will have to do so in front of a defense that has no true number one. Yes joki and Boqvist are great players, but they don’t project to number one dmen. Byram did, plus we don’t need the scoring. Bowman was just trying to save his job with the save his job. You can get a center in next years draft for Christ sake. Take the damn true number dman!

I live 15 minutes away from Langley Event's Center - The home arena where the Vancouver Giants play. I watched 5 games there this season, including a third round playoff game. I know Byram. And based on what I see, he isn't going to be a top 2 defenseman either. He tends to blend into the play and doesn't take control on anything other than the powerplay. While he is a leader, his defensive game can at times be brutal. He occasionally fails to get the puck out of the zone leading to more problems than good. This isn't to say he is bad, as his offensive zone action is impressive. However, as Chicago has an offensive defenseman in Boqvist, you are asking for much of the same but on the left side.
The issue I have is that there isn't really anything to compare Byram TO in this draft, so his stock has elevated. He has played on a great team with two potentially NHL calibre goaltenders. He will definitely be a top 4 defenseman, but he won't be that EK, Hedman, Subban etc. Perhaps another Noah Hanifin, or Shayne Gostisbhere. Again, great defensemen, but often criticized for their defensive play. Don't be angry. Chicago might end up with something special to replace Toews with in the future.
CFMan liked this.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:32 a.m.
N/a
Chill bro lol. They are called prospects for a reason. Nobody ever knows what’s gunna happen. Stan and co have a history of being good at the draft lol. I’m excited for dach. Would I prefer Byram, yes, but dach will do just fine lol.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:38 a.m.
I live 15 minutes away from Langley Event's Center - The home arena where the Vancouver Giants play. I watched 5 games there this season, including a third round playoff game. I know Byram. And based on what I see, he isn't going to be a top 2 defenseman either. He tends to blend into the play and doesn't take control on anything other than the powerplay. While he is a leader, his defensive game can at times be brutal. He occasionally fails to get the puck out of the zone leading to more problems than good. This isn't to say he is bad, as his offensive zone action is impressive. However, as Chicago has an offensive defenseman in Boqvist, you are asking for much of the same but on the left side.
The issue I have is that there isn't really anything to compare Byram TO in this draft, so his stock has elevated. He has played on a great team with two potentially NHL calibre goaltenders. He will definitely be a top 4 defenseman, but he won't be that EK, Hedman, Subban etc. Perhaps another Noah Hanifin, or Shayne Gostisbhere. Again, great defensemen, but often criticized for their defensive play. Don't be angry. Chicago might end up with something special to replace Toews with in the future.

I gotta say, much appreciated for the incite on byram. I haven’t heard any actual eye witness accounts. At the same time I guess in a way, I still don’t like the idea of going slower. Yes we need size, but we also need speed. Plus, not taking byram and seeing his incredible stat line plus potential, I hate that we have to play that.

I completely respect what u had to say about byram, cuz u definitely sound like a good hockey mind. I guess I’d rather have the top 2-top 4 dman now instead of the guy who’s gonna be 3C for another 4-5 years possibly. We need d cover and d cover that can skate and move the puck, which byram seems to know how to do. I could obviously be wrong, but I find myself having insanely unfair expectations placed on Dach now.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:45 a.m.
Quoting: hawksfan881965
Chill bro lol. They are called prospects for a reason. Nobody ever knows what’s gunna happen. Stan and co have a history of being good at the draft lol. I’m excited for dach. Would I prefer Byram, yes, but dach will do just fine lol.

Okay, as always, I could be wrong. Dach could be good, even if the team stays slow in the modern nhl. Having said that, I agree with your premise, until the line about Bowman’s draft record.

Bowman, from 2010-2012, did manage Saad, Shaw, Hinostroza, Nordstrom, Denault (who never got a fair shake here), and others. However, since then, what has he managed? Even more specifically, who has he managed in the first round, other than Teravainen? Add debrincat too for a early 2nd. Maybe, MAYBE, schmaltz, whom I really didn’t like for attitude reasons. Bowman’s record really isn’t that great, so I’m really not that hopeful, but of course I do hope I’m wrong. I just hope we don’t mess up another lottery pick next year.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 3:01 a.m.
Kirby dach is Chicago’s next best players, better than Patrick Kane.... haha just kidding this kids a bust he gonna play 3rd line his entire career behind toews and strome what a terrible pick, asked for them not to choose another defensman, but never said to choose a horrible player, good one Stan, u ****ed it
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 3:11 a.m.
Quoting: Logan03
Kirby dach is Chicago’s next best players, better than Patrick Kane.... haha just kidding this kids a bust he gonna play 3rd line his entire career behind toews and strome what a terrible pick, asked for them not to choose another defensman, but never said to choose a horrible player, good one Stan, u ****ed it

You pretty much feel the same way I do.
Logan03 and ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 4:05 a.m.
Maybe they took Dach because he is more NHL ready and Turcotte 2-3 years away. Chicago doesn't have 3 years to wait if they want to win with Kane (30), Towes (31), Keith (35), Seabrook (34) and Crawford (34). I don't know if that is the reason they took Dach but it is a scenario that makes sense. Besides Chicago almost made the playoffs and had the 12th pick before the lottery and Dach wasn't going to make it to the 12th pick.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 5:52 a.m.
Quoting: aedoran
Maybe they took Dach because he is more NHL ready and Turcotte 2-3 years away. Chicago doesn't have 3 years to wait if they want to win with Kane (30), Towes (31), Keith (35), Seabrook (34) and Crawford (34). I don't know if that is the reason they took Dach but it is a scenario that makes sense. Besides Chicago almost made the playoffs and had the 12th pick before the lottery and Dach wasn't going to make it to the 12th pick.

While I get that logic, the hawks, and Bowman in particular, need to realize they are more rebuild than retool. Bad Keith and seabrook contracts and old core. It’s maybe not full rebuild, but it’s close. They should have gone with a player with the most value for the next 15 years. It just feels selfish for Bowman to go for the safe pick that maybe saves his job, but don’t be surprised if Dach is in the whl next season.

That being said, I completely agree with your logic. I just see more upside long term with byram and turcotte, plus more compete and speed.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 8:41 a.m.
Banned
I don't think Dach is a bad pick. I think the knock on Turcotte was the talent he had around him. As far as byram we'll see. There is always a bump on the quality of the player based on where he plays. Especially in drafting. There have been a lot of defense man drafted much higher than where they should have probably gone, based on the fact they played defense. But the reality is no one knows till they get on the ice.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan

This. Byram might have defense in his title but hes an offensive dman not a defensive one. Hes a great player not defensively sound enough.
aedoran and vmach liked this.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 3:58 p.m.
The bottom line Byram is not proven defensively, Turcotte has some surgeries already. Dach, was heavily sourced by COL and they would have taking him over Byram if he was available I'm sure of it. And the fact that COL, who in desperate need of F prospects, picked a D instead, shows that Turcotte might have some weakness. For a big dude Dach has lots of skill, he doesn't need to be the fastest guy, he can protect the puck and he is also an excellent passer, and we all know puck is faster than any skater.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: vmach
The bottom line Byram is not proven defensively, Turcotte has some surgeries already. Dach, was heavily sourced by COL and they would have taking him over Byram if he was available I'm sure of it. And the fact that COL, who in desperate need of F prospects, picked a D instead, shows that Turcotte might have some weakness. For a big dude Dach has lots of skill, he doesn't need to be the fastest guy, he can protect the puck and he is also an excellent passer, and we all know puck is faster than any skater.

So, instead, Colorado gets byram and newhook, both A level prospects. We could have kept them from getting one of each, instead we take the safe choice. Dach can score all he wants, but I couldn’t care less about his scoring if the puck is in our net more. And by the way, this isn’t a puck travels faster league, being a fast skater matters, and the hawks are ridiculously slow.

I just hope we get another good lottery pick next year......
Jun. 22, 2019 at 5:10 p.m.
So, instead, Colorado gets byram and newhook, both A level prospects. We could have kept them from getting one of each, instead we take the safe choice. Dach can score all he wants, but I couldn’t care less about his scoring if the puck is in our net more. And by the way, this isn’t a puck travels faster league, being a fast skater matters, and the hawks are ridiculously slow.

I just hope we get another good lottery pick next year......

Really??? this is not "puck passing league" lol Relax it will be fine... Strong, puck protecting players that can dish the puck are hard to find. He can be a force in playoffs, we need players like that, you can't win on speed alone. StLouis doesn't have that much speed, Was, Pitt, Chi, all those teams won cups and were at the average level in speed department.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 7:20 p.m.
Really??? this is not "puck passing league" lol Relax it will be fine... Strong, puck protecting players that can dish the puck are hard to find. He can be a force in playoffs, we need players like that, you can't win on speed alone. StLouis doesn't have that much speed, Was, Pitt, Chi, all those teams won cups and were at the average level in speed department.

Did you just call the pens and hawks cup teams slow........
Jun. 22, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.
Did you just call the pens and hawks cup teams slow........

Yes, if Dach is slow, then yes. The faster player on CHI was Stalberg, lots of help smile)
Listen, he is not slow player, his acceleration needs some work, but acceleration is much more important for wingers. C will play down low a lot, by the time he hits redline he'll be flying.
Jun. 23, 2019 at 12:16 a.m.
Yes, if Dach is slow, then yes. The faster player on CHI was Stalberg, lots of help smile)
Listen, he is not slow player, his acceleration needs some work, but acceleration is much more important for wingers. C will play down low a lot, by the time he hits redline he'll be flying.

To stalberg was the fastest is very questionable at best. And btw, some are already saying this Dach guy, at his full potential, will probably be a winger. I keep saying I hope I’m wrong and I do. But the hawks need to get faster again. This is just my opinion, believe me I respect yours.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll