SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(VAN/TBL) - Mazanec, 2020 conditional 1st round pick, 2019 3rd round pick for Miller

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 25, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Quoting: MTLFAN27
I don't really like that they gave up a 1st for Miller he's only really a 20-25 goal scorer. I get they need a guy to do the dirty work before Podkolzin comes in but this was an overpay. They could have gotten away with giving up a 2nd instead of the 1st and a 4th because Tampa needs the cap space to sign Point this offseason

"They could've gotten away with" probably not because they didn't. Tampa would've been shopping everyone of their middle 6 guys to the whole league. There wouldve be other deals on the table.
The difference between this deal and Preds Leafs deals is the player and the contract. Leafs moved dead weight at a premium. Preds moved an albatross contract at a premium (taking a lesser deal to move the whole contract.) Tampa moved a good player on an affordable contract that many other teams wouldve been interested in.
PrisonBull and ON3M4N liked this.
Jun. 25, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
Not really sure why so many people are crapping on Miller. Over the last 3 years...

239 GP / 161 PTS

That ranks 38th among centers.

People are clamoring over Duchene and not batting an eye at $9 million a year, yet over the same 3 years he a total of 9 more points than Miller.

Now maybe you're thinking "well he's really a winger" and that's fine. Among all LWers he ranks 17th in points over the last 3 years. Other notable LW's with similar point totals...

Rickard Rakell - 163pts
Nikolaj Ehlers - 161pts
Evander Kane - 153pts
Jason Zucker - 153pts
RawDeal, Rangsey, PrisonBull and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 26, 2019 at 4:44 p.m.
Miller isn't the issue. Most fans believe the Canucks SHOULD have been able to swing this deal for less.
Additionally, for 3 more first rounders and 1 less third rounder the Canucks could have presented an offer sheet to Marner.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 2:31 a.m.
The rich just keep getting richer... I like TAmpa on this move, at first I was stunned thinking it was idiot they had who did fist crap that barely plays 6 minutes a game if he is lucky smile. So I was like real shocked since I thought they dumped him shortly after I complained to the team and sponsors... Then I realized who it was, I think he was from Rangers but I wasn't high on him to be honest... He strikes me as more like a Cory Conacher than worth money he got or term. I could be wrong but even i could score 20 goals on Tampa w/ players they have on that team haaha smile. Tampa makes another solid trade though they will never win a Cup legit only having the tainted one they didn't win since Gelinas scored for Calgary smile.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 8:21 a.m.
exo2769
Welp 55 of us are wrong. Give those 7 people some credit. JT Miller is crushing it.
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 10, 2020 at 2:25 a.m.
Canucks
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Oof a first, that sucks.

Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Canucks aren't making the playoffs without better wingers so this is a must do, being the Lightning they will turn mazanek into a vezina finalist

Quoting: Jeff85
Don’t see why canucks give their first here but at least they get a pretty good player back, looking your way Dubas

Quoting: rollie1967
Mazanec was a throw in. He's an AHL goalie at best. but that 1st rounder OUCH! Miller isnt cheap either, wouldve preferred they take on the Marleau contract and gain another 1st rather than give one up. Even in 2021 there is no guarantee the Canucks are in the playoffs and that 1st rounder isnt a lottery pick.

Quoting: BlueSeeker
Wtf Benning you dunce! Why did you give up a first when there is no guarantee that the nucks will make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons. Didn't you learn anything from the Ottawa trade?

Quoting: rebecca
So Toronto pays a 2020 1st round pick to manage their cap crunch. Tampa Bay? They *receive* one. Astoundingly good trade by tampa Bay. I didn’t think a 3rd line winger getting paid over $5M would net that, if anything al all.

Quoting: MTLFAN27
I don't really like that they gave up a 1st for Miller he's only really a 20-25 goal scorer. I get they need a guy to do the dirty work before Podkolzin comes in but this was an overpay. They could have gotten away with giving up a 2nd instead of the 1st and a 4th because Tampa needs the cap space to sign Point this offseason

How yall feel about this trade now? Anyone want to eat their words? lol
Feb. 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Tmclean64

Wow you are so funny! Miller has had a huge year, and at the time, people expected the Knights, Sharks, and Flames to push Vancouver out of a playoff spot the next few years, resulting in a good pick for Tampa Bay. This was a lot for Miller at the time so you can't come back half a year later saying how stupid we were
Feb. 10, 2020 at 6:20 p.m.
Wow you are so funny! Miller has had a huge year, and at the time, people expected the Knights, Sharks, and Flames to push Vancouver out of a playoff spot the next few years, resulting in a good pick for Tampa Bay. This was a lot for Miller at the time so you can't come back half a year later saying how stupid we were

Why can't you? He obviously saw something they didn't.
Feb. 10, 2020 at 8:06 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: HabsForEver
Why can't you? He obviously saw something they didn't.

Stop ****ing following me around. If the leafs are ****, why do all leafs fans live rent free in your brain. Its already crowded with one, idk how you fit millions.
Feb. 10, 2020 at 8:07 p.m.
Stop ****ing following me around. If the leafs are ****, why do all leafs fans live rent free in your brain. Its already crowded with one, idk how you fit millions.

I'm not following you around. You commented something stupid (as you usually do), so I replied. Stop saying stupid **** and I won't reply.
Tmclean64 and PrisonBull liked this.
Feb. 10, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
I'm not following you around. You commented something stupid (as you usually do), so I replied. Stop saying stupid **** and I won't reply.

Hmmm. You weren't quoted in the post, so why did you go here right after I posted, and the same time that we were arguing. Strange. Also this guy said it in a demeaning manner. If he said something like "this aged poorly" it would be fine. So get off my dick dude, to quote Mariah Carey "why you so obsessed with me?"
Feb. 10, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Hmmm. You weren't quoted in the post, so why did you go here right after I posted, and the same time that we were arguing. Strange. Also this guy said it in a demeaning manner. If he said something like "this aged poorly" it would be fine. So get off my dick dude, to quote Mariah Carey "why you so obsessed with me?"

You commented on a trade thread. If you look at every trade thread, I've commented on it. It has nothing to do with you commenting. If someone else said something that idiotic, I would reply to them too
PrisonBull liked this.
Feb. 10, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
You commented on a trade thread. If you look at every trade thread, I've commented on it. It has nothing to do with you commenting. If someone else said something that idiotic, I would reply to them too

Ok. You definitely did go to the latest post on my profile and quoted it. 100%. Gn cutie pie ???
Jun. 17, 2020 at 2:20 a.m.
Quoting: Tmclean64

I'll eat my words on this one
Saskleaf and rrgdsafgerwrgwr liked this.
Jun. 19, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
*JT MIller scoring over a PPG and on pace for over 30 goals*

lol
Jul. 21, 2020 at 9:21 a.m.
Looking back on this trade this was a HUGE win for Vancouver. JT has turned into a hell of a first line winger on a team friendly contract, meanwhile Tampa gave similar money to Gourde. How'd that work out?
rrgdsafgerwrgwr liked this.
Jul. 21, 2020 at 9:39 a.m.
This was certainly an interesting thread to come back to and read the comments. Looking at the deal, the first was used (along with Foote) to acquire Coleman, so in total Tampa traded:

Traded Away
JT Miller
Nolan Foote

Traded For
Blake Coleman
Marek Mazanec
2019 3rd - (Hugo Alnefelt)

Doesn't seem like a good move for TBL. Mazanec may never return to the NHL and Alnefelt is a massive unknown playing in the SHL where he has average numbers, but still only 19 years old.
hanson493, Kotkaniemi15, AndrewLadd and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 5:43 p.m.
Canucks

I dont know here, I think most people who didnt understand the Canucks roster thought it was too much. Miller was exactly the player they needed.

Look at these boys go, this pick will now be mid 20's at best. Unreal trade by Benning.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 3:07 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: ON3M4N
This was certainly an interesting thread to come back to and read the comments. Looking at the deal, the first was used (along with Foote) to acquire Coleman, so in total Tampa traded:

Traded Away
JT Miller
Nolan Foote

Traded For
Blake Coleman
Marek Mazanec
2019 3rd - (Hugo Alnefelt)

Doesn't seem like a good move for TBL. Mazanec may never return to the NHL and Alnefelt is a massive unknown playing in the SHL where he has average numbers, but still only 19 years old.

That’s a big yikes for tampa
HabsForEver liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 7:44 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
That’s a big yikes for tampa

They win a Stanley Cup it doesn't matter.
The Coleman trade was horrendous but it doesn't change the fact that the Miller trade was a great deal for both teams. Gave Tampa room to sign Point at a time cap space was being bought at a premium.

Plus the Canucks were supposed to be terrible this season. By the half way point of the season that draft pick had plummeted in value. Hence the Coleman trade.
Feb. 27 at 2:15 a.m.
I make Articals.
I mean the worst that the nucks actually lost was Hugo Alnefelt so it’s a nucks win imo

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit