SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

GOOD JOB DOOBIE

Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:32 p.m.
Re-sign Bo
For getting rid of Marleau
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:33 p.m.
It was a great job. A pick 25+ for 6.25 mil in cap space. Great job.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:36 p.m.
Vinnylou
25+?? You already counting them to make it past the first round? You realize you're like one of the last teams to not ever win a playoff round in the salary cap era?
Jun. 22, 2019 at 2:49 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
My thought the Leafs could've made the Marleau cap hit dump without giving up a first. Surprised that some other (s) team with cap space didn't step up. So while the Leafs lost their first, some other times could've had the Leafs second.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
Isles For Life
Quoting: palhal
My thought the Leafs could've made the Marleau cap hit dump without giving up a first. Surprised that some other (s) team with cap space didn't step up. So while the Leafs lost their first, some other times could've had the Leafs second.

I think Carolina will flip Marleau with some retained salary (they can deal with it for one year) to a team that he wants to go to. I dont see Marleau going to Carolina when he said he was only willing to be traded to western teams, specifically the Kings, Coyotes and Sharks. I'd imagine Carolina will retain some and maybe get a low pick back.
Jun. 22, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: MoreOfAnIslesGuy
I think Carolina will flip Marleau with some retained salary (they can deal with it for one year) to a team that he wants to go to. I dont see Marleau going to Carolina when he said he was only willing to be traded to western teams, specifically the Kings, Coyotes and Sharks. I'd imagine Carolina will retain some and maybe get a low pick back.

No, they aren't going to flip him...They will buy him out. But being a plus 35 signing, the Canes are on the hook for his 6,25 cap hit. Yea San Jose might sign for 800,000 as UFA, for sentimental purposes if they think he can still be NHLer. His play really declined last year.
Jun. 23, 2019 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: MoreOfAnIslesGuy

If Toronto could have flipped him 50% retained to the Sharks and not spent a first do you really think they wouldn't have done that?
Aug. 10, 2019 at 6:24 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
When Marleau was signed, I thought the $$$ was high and the term was 1 year longer than I liked.

But perhaps he had a good effect on young FWs?
Time will tell.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll