$750,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    TOR
    Holl, Justin
    $675,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    TOR
    Horton, Nathan
    $5,300,000
    RW
    NMC NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun 22 at 3:53
    As good as this would be for the Leafs I wouldn't do it. Yes the offense is stacked, but the defense won't get you past the first round
    Jun 22 at 3:58
    Jangle29
    Quoting: TheDime99
    As good as this would be for the Leafs I wouldn't do it. Yes the offense is stacked, but the defense won't get you past the first round

Its not done, this is just what is there right now (as per all rumors of contracts). Myself Id add one more RD but they wont blow the bank, they have two really high end dmen in Sandin and Lijigren who you cant just forget about
    Jun 22 at 3:59
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: TheDime99

IMO the Leafs can't even think about being a better team than last year. Gardiner and like Hainsey gone. Marleau gone, Dermot and Hyman injured. Even after the Marleau trade the Leafs still have to get rid of cap. Leafs might just be concentrating on getting their cap and lineup in line for 2020/21.
    blowing_the_zone liked this.
    Jun 22 at 4:00
    Low sodium cashews are expensive bro. You should not require low sodium. Salted peanuts would do.
    Jangle29 liked this.
    Jun 22 at 4:33
    Quoting: palhal
    IMO the Leafs can't even think about being a better team than last year. Gardiner and like Hainsey gone. Marleau gone, Dermot and Hyman injured. Even after the Marleau trade the Leafs still have to get rid of cap. Leafs might just be concentrating on getting their cap and lineup in line for 2020/21.

I think that's spot on Pal. Looks the same way to me that next season could be about treading water and lining things up for 20/21. Give some Marlies a chance to learn on the job next year and take it from there.

Of course, Marner still needs to get sorted, and maybe that could present a wrinkle, but it does look like they can now make the cap work next year with what's been done to date.
    Jun 22 at 4:36
    Jangle29
    Quoting: blowing_the_zone
    I think that's spot on Pal. Looks the same way to me that next season could be about treading water and lining things up for 20/21. Give some Marlies a chance to learn on the job next year and take it from there.

Of course, Marner still needs to get sorted, and maybe that could present a wrinkle, but it does look like they can now make the cap work next year with what's been done to date.

There wont be a wrinkle it blows me away how people are sucked into this media hype. There are 20 RFAs or so right now in the same situation, handful better than Marner. We now have cap space. I dont see what they have left to cling to lol
    Jun 22 at 4:45
    Quoting: Jangle29
    There wont be a wrinkle it blows me away how people are sucked into this media hype. There are 20 RFAs or so right now in the same situation, handful better than Marner. We now have cap space. I dont see what they have left to cling to lol

Well, if Marner gets anything over 10M aav I'd consider that a wrinkle. The leafs can accommodate that now, but it doesn't mean that I gotta like it, or that anyone should care that I'm as tired as you seem to be with the whole Marner/Ferris/Dreger narrative.
    Jangle29 liked this.
    Jun 22 at 4:51
    LongtimeLeafsufferer

Good Day Mr Zone. Seemed like you had "disappeared" for a while on this site. I can only assume your privileges had been taken away and you had been put in lock down.
    Hope your new found freedom lets you converse more often. Always appreciate your insight. Enjoy the summer....It has finally arrived in Ontario.
    Jun 22 at 5:25
    Jangle29
    Well, if Marner gets anything over 10M aav I'd consider that a wrinkle. The leafs can accommodate that now, but it doesn't mean that I gotta like it, or that anyone should care that I'm as tired as you seem to be with the whole Marner/Ferris/Dreger narrative.

On an 8 year deal 11 is not terrible. But Nothing shorter
    Jun 22 at 6:10
    Good Day Mr Zone. Seemed like you had "disappeared" for a while on this site. I can only assume your privileges had been taken away and you had been put in lock down.
    Hope your new found freedom lets you converse more often. Always appreciate your insight. Enjoy the summer....It has finally arrived in Ontario.

Lol. Nope they haven't kicked me off this site yet! My wife has tried on numerous occasions, but so far I've been able to post without her knowing.

Hit a little rough patch with some health stuff. But with summer showing up I'm turning the corner. Besides, I refuse to die until the leafs win the cup again... so i figure i have another couple decades in me still smile
    Jangle29 liked this.
    Jun 22 at 6:28
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Lol. Nope they haven't kicked me off this site yet! My wife has tried on numerous occasions, but so far I've been able to post without her knowing.

Hit a little rough patch with some health stuff. But with summer showing up I'm turning the corner. Besides, I refuse to die until the leafs win the cup again... so i figure i have another couple decades in me still smile

Oh, the Leafs are destined to win. Leafs won 1967, the Jays in 1993, the Raptors in 2019. See the pattern? A Toronto championship every 26 years. It's Leafs in 26 years....2045. I'll just be 91 year old. Since my dad lived to 95, and my mum is doing well at 97, no doubt I'll be around.
    Just checked, I do about 6000 Cap Friendly posts a year. So about 150,000 or so till Leafs are champs.

Keep well.
    Jun 22 at 6:55
    Oh, the Leafs are destined to win. Leafs won 1967, the Jays in 1993, the Raptors in 2019. See the pattern? A Toronto championship every 26 years. It's Leafs in 26 years....2045. I'll just be 91 year old. Since my dad lived to 95, and my mum is doing well at 97, no doubt I'll be around.
    Just checked, I do about 6000 Cap Friendly posts a year. So about 150,000 or so till Leafs are champs.

Keep well.

Lol. 150000 more posts is alot of work! You're way more ambitious than me.

But that 26 yr timeline works me, I'll stick around for that long if it means a cup. Even if Mitch's first born is demanding 30M aav as an rfa by then.. and even then, a leaf cup would be worth the contract negotiating angst.

But thanks for the well wishes, Pal. I appreciate it.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Remove Option
    Submit Poll