Forums/Armchair-GM

Oilers fans what would Poolparty cost

Created by: DH28Hockey
Team: 2019-20 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 23, 2019
Published: Jun. 23, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I have no idea what his value would be at this point, curious to see what Oilers fans think a good return would be for him
Trades
PHI
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [RFA Rights]
EDM
    What do you guys think would be fair given our assets
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    17$81,500,000$52,775,595$0$3,077,500$28,724,405
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $4,137,500$4,137,500
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $3,571,429$3,571,429
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 4
    $4,333,333$4,333,333
    C
    UFA - 3
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $780,833$780,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    C
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    G
    RFA - 2
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    LD, LW
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 23, 2019 at 11:50 p.m.
    Rangers 2023
    Ratcliffe
    DH28Hockey liked this.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:24 a.m.
    Banned
    2nd or a 3rd w an okay prospect
    DH28Hockey liked this.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:26 a.m.
    Lindblom and a mid-round pick.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:46 a.m.
    Meme Enthusiast
    we'll see. depends what his value will be after he plays in europe for a year cause he wont be getting traded unless something amazing is placed on Holland's desk
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:50 a.m.
    Dudes agent came out and said trade me or I’m going to Europe, so not much.

https://thesportsdaily.com/2019/06/20/jesse-puljujarvi-officially-requests-trade/

Not sure it’s the most reliable but it’s got tweets from reliable people.
    Zubrowka and msekkes liked this.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 1:07 a.m.
    Quoting: jjkhairaELTE99
    we'll see. depends what his value will be after he plays in europe for a year cause he wont be getting traded unless something amazing is placed on Holland's desk

Would Edmonton lose his rights if he left for Europe?
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 1:49 a.m.
    Meme Enthusiast
    Quoting: DH28Hockey
    Would Edmonton lose his rights if he left for Europe?

nope, edmonton holds his rights until the end of next season at least, if he doesn't sign a contract he can be loaned out to play in europe which will raise his stock if he plays well. If he doesn't then oil get rid of him for nothing and he becomes a consensus bust.

During the year however, the oilers have until Jan.1 to sign him, after that he cannot be signed to an nhl contract till the season is finished. if he isn't signed by June 30th of next year he officially becomes a UFA. This is where edmonton has the advantage with having a new regime. They have 6 months to show his camp that they will be committed to developing him properly. I see the oilers holding out and showing his camp that he will get the most opportunities in edmonton since they are very shallow on winger depth and he signs to a 2-year "show me" type of contract
    DH28Hockey liked this.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 2:27 a.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    Quoting: jjkhairaELTE99
    nope, edmonton holds his rights until the end of next season at least, if he doesn't sign a contract he can be loaned out to play in europe which will raise his stock if he plays well. If he doesn't then oil get rid of him for nothing and he becomes a consensus bust.

During the year however, the oilers have until Jan.1 to sign him, after that he cannot be signed to an nhl contract till the season is finished. if he isn't signed by June 30th of next year he officially becomes a UFA. This is where edmonton has the advantage with having a new regime. They have 6 months to show his camp that they will be committed to developing him properly. I see the oilers holding out and showing his camp that he will get the most opportunities in edmonton since they are very shallow on winger depth and he signs to a 2-year "show me" type of contract

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent
    If JP rejects the QO he becomes a RFA and Edmonton still holds his rights. He can only become a UFA if either Edmonton fails to send a QO or he is 27 or has 7 years in the NHL. He becomes a UFA in 6 years not one.
    msekkes liked this.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 2:33 a.m.
    Meme Enthusiast
    Quoting: Eclipze
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent
    If JP rejects the QO he becomes a RFA and Edmonton still holds his rights. He can only become a UFA if either Edmonton fails to send a QO or he is 27 or has 7 years in the NHL. He becomes a UFA in 6 years not one.

then in that case, If he really wanted out, it'd make no sense for him to reject the qualifying offer. the oilers probably end up either trade him when his value is higher after a year in europe or they sign him sometime during the season where his camp becomes convinced that the new regime has a better approach with developement
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 2:42 a.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    That’s the Oilers plan. If he wants to go to Europe then let him go. One of 3 things is gonna happen. Hes gonna go boost his value and we can move him for more or he can decide to come back to Edmonton with new management. The worst case scenario is he doesn’t improve and we simply move him for whatever we can get. Holland is very aware of this and for teams to think he will sell low is ridiculous. One of the biggest mistakes Chia made was moving Yak the way he did.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 9:41 a.m.
    Quoting: Oilfan1717
    Lindblom and a mid-round pick.

This seems wildly optimistic. Lindblom just scored almost as many points in one season as Puljujärvi has over 3. Lindblom is trending up, Puljujärvi is at best stagnating. I get you wanna get something worthwhile for him, but it's a big gamble for the team trading for him - I doubt they give up a player that is playing more minutes and outperforming him at similar cap hit.

That’s the Oilers plan. If he wants to go to Europe then let him go. One of 3 things is gonna happen. Hes gonna go boost his value and we can move him for more or he can decide to come back to Edmonton with new management. The worst case scenario is he doesn’t improve and we simply move him for whatever we can get. Holland is very aware of this and for teams to think he will sell low is ridiculous. One of the biggest mistakes Chia made was moving Yak the way he did.

I doubt it. That's just the EDM side posturing. If he is done with EDM then it's best to just move on and get an asset you can use sooner rather than down the road. There needs to be some clean breaks in EDM, hanging on to unhappy players to hope their value goes up playing elsewhere doesn't do much good IMO. I'm sure you could get a serviceable middle sixer somewhere that could provide on ice value this coming season. I wouldn't be too fussed if the Flyers moved Hartman and a mid-to-later round pick for Puljujärvi. I think that's a decent return.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:13 p.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    Quoting: CaptJosef
    This seems wildly optimistic. Lindblom just scored almost as many points in one season as Puljujärvi has over 3. Lindblom is trending up, Puljujärvi is at best stagnating. I get you wanna get something worthwhile for him, but it's a big gamble for the team trading for him - I doubt they give up a player that is playing more minutes and outperforming him at similar cap hit.

I doubt it. That's just the EDM side posturing. If he is done with EDM then it's best to just move on and get an asset you can use sooner rather than down the road. There needs to be some clean breaks in EDM, hanging on to unhappy players to hope their value goes up playing elsewhere doesn't do much good IMO. I'm sure you could get a serviceable middle sixer somewhere that could provide on ice value this coming season. I wouldn't be too fussed if the Flyers moved Hartman and a mid-to-later round pick for Puljujärvi. I think that's a decent return.

Sakic and Yzerman both did the same with Drouin and Duchene. Don’t trade a player unless it’s right for the team and get the value you want.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
    Sakic and Yzerman both did the same with Drouin and Duchene. Don’t trade a player unless it’s right for the team and get the value you want.

Those players had talent and therefore value though, that wasn't their issue. Puljujärvi hadn't performed and wants out. Drouin had 32 points in 70 games in his first NHL season, he had lots of value already. There's a big difference in trading a player who's performing and wants out that a player falling well short and wants out.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:16 p.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    Quoting: CaptJosef
    Those players had talent and therefore value though, that wasn't their issue. Puljujärvi hadn't performed and wants out. Drouin had 32 points in 70 games in his first NHL season, he had lots of value already. There's a big difference in trading a player who's performing and wants out that a player falling well short and wants out.

I’m not comparing Puljujärvis value to Drouin or Duchene, only the situation. Whatever value Holland has for JP, whether it be a late first round pick or a 3rd round pick. Could be a 3rd line forward or a prospect whatever it is wait it out. Sakic and Yzerman both waited Over a year before they moved their players. They did what was best for the team not for the player. JP has had his chances to succeed but has never taken advantage of them.
    Jun. 24, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
    I’m not comparing Puljujärvis value to Drouin or Duchene, only the situation. Whatever value Holland has for JP, whether it be a late first round pick or a 3rd round pick. Could be a 3rd line forward or a prospect whatever it is wait it out. Sakic and Yzerman both waited Over a year before they moved their players. They did what was best for the team not for the player. JP has had his chances to succeed but has never taken advantage of them.

I get what you're saying but Drouin and Duchene were still putting up plenty of points for their teams and providing positive on ice results. Letting Puljujärvi go back to Europe isn't going to achieve anything much in all liklihood. If he does well there he might just stay there. Even then I doubt a team would pay much off a premium for him.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll