Forums/Armchair-GM

httpsmajorleagueeatingcomrecords

Created by: Buffalo_Chills
Team: 2019-20 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 24, 2019
Published: Jun. 24, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
market for centers in FA and trades is hardly there. work with what we have and bring in wingers to help boost up the young Cs.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,250,000
2$1,500,000
1$900,000
3$2,450,000
Trades
FLA
  1. Samuelsson, Mattias [Reserve List]
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)
  3. 2021 3rd round pick (BUF)
  4. 2021 6th round pick (BUF)
BUF
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Sheary, Conor ($1,500,000 retained)
BUF
  1. 2020 6th round pick (VAN)
VAN
  1. Scandella, Marco ($2,000,000 retained)
NYR
  1. Ristolainen, Rasmus
  2. Thompson, Tage
  3. 2020 1st round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
If Sabres miss playoffs, they can defer the pick to 2021.
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the STL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$76,016,667$0$4,815,000$5,483,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$5,187,500$5,187,500
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW
UFA - 2
$845,000$845,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$2,450,000$2,450,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 24, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
With NYR currently having Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo and Shattenkirk on the RD I find it very hard to imagine Ristolainen being the return if we send Buffalo Kreider and Vesey
But Thompson and a 1st is a decent start, would rather take a shot at Nylander then Thompson tho but that’s partly my Swedish genes talking
Buffalo_Chills liked this.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.
That defense looks rough! That's a lot of wasted cap space on scratches
Jun. 24, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.
Tspky
Quoting: Linlan
With NYR currently having Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo and Shattenkirk on the RD I find it very hard to imagine Ristolainen being the return if we send Buffalo Kreider and Vesey
But Thompson and a 1st is a decent start, would rather take a shot at Nylander then Thompson tho but that’s partly my Swedish genes talking

agreed. throw in shattenkirk and nylander in that deal and it's a go. Callahan's contract is LTIR (aka doesn't count on cap) so they won't give up Foote for Nylander
Jun. 24, 2019 at 11:53 a.m.
Have Fun
Quoting: Spanky227
agreed. throw in shattenkirk and nylander in that deal and it's a go. Callahan's contract is LTIR (aka doesn't count on cap) so they won't give up Foote for Nylander

TBL has to carry the cap hit until the regular season starts, so it can still benefit them to move the contract to make room for summer signings.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
Tspky
Quoting: ShaDynasty
TBL has to carry the cap hit until the regular season starts, so it can still benefit them to move the contract to make room for summer signings.

you can go up to 10% over the cap, they'll have no issues. 10% of cap is 8.15m, callahan is only 5.8
Jun. 24, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
Have Fun
Quoting: Socially_Hawkward_Podcast
That defense looks rough! That's a lot of wasted cap space on scratches

Not worried about the wasted cap on scratches, When the season starts, Cally moves to LTIR, Bogo starts on IR. Sabres need to put the best players on the ice and not worry about putting players out there simply because the make the most money.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:07 p.m.
you can go up to 10% over the cap, they'll have no issues. 10% of cap is 8.15m, callahan is only 5.8

LTIR does not provide cap-relief. It only allows the Club using it to exceed the upper limit of the cap. I saw an example that showed TBs payroll at $80m (estimate), then if they put Callahan ($5.8m) on LTIR the would be able to exceed the upper limit of $81.5 by $4.3.

He does not come off the books all together. Also limits re-calls down the line and can cause problems along with acquiring salary through trades (like most Stanley cup favorite teams do around the trade deadline).

It helps, but it is not an ideal situation. Tampa would benefit from shedding the entire contract.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:10 p.m.
Tspky
Quoting: corsiagainst
LTIR does not provide cap-relief. It only allows the Club using it to exceed the upper limit of the cap. I saw an example that showed TBs payroll at $80m (estimate), then if they put Callahan ($5.8m) on LTIR the would be able to exceed the upper limit of $81.5 by $4.3.

He does not come off the books all together. Also limits re-calls down the line and can cause problems along with acquiring salary through trades (like most Stanley cup favorite teams do around the trade deadline).

It helps, but it is not an ideal situation. Tampa would benefit from shedding the entire contract.

He goes on Long Term Injured Reserve, not regular IR. so no he doesn't count at all
Jun. 24, 2019 at 12:12 p.m.
He goes on Long Term Injured Reserve, not regular IR. so no he doesn't count at all

I am sorry, but you are mistaken.

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq
Jun. 24, 2019 at 1:03 p.m.
Tspky
I am sorry, but you are mistaken.

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

i'm sorry, you should actually read.

Cap hit is determined two ways,

either the value is salary cap limit minus cap space --if they are over, the value is the amount of the contract that is over. So if they go over by 5.8m, they get 5.8m in relief. AKA the value of his contract is $0
or
Team cap hit - LTIR player’s cap hit.. which means the LTIR value is $0.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 2:12 p.m.
i'm sorry, you should actually read.

Cap hit is determined two ways,

either the value is salary cap limit minus cap space --if they are over, the value is the amount of the contract that is over. So if they go over by 5.8m, they get 5.8m in relief. AKA the value of his contract is $0
or
Team cap hit - LTIR player’s cap hit.. which means the LTIR value is $0.

omg man, you are wrong. Get over it. Just because they put Callahan contract on LTIR doesn't mean his contract just disappears from there $81.5 cap ceiling. Yes, they can over, but the cap hit is still on the books.

Taken directly from this site:

"Basic Equation Example
The league upper limit is $69M. A team has an averaged club salary of $68M and a player with a 35+ contract with an AAV of $5M ($3M cap hit and $2M in performance bonuses) becomes injured and the team places him on LTIR. The LTIR relief pools are calculated as follows:
AAV of LTIR player is $5M
Cap space = $69M - $68M = $1M
ACSL = $69M - $1M = $68M
LTIR relief:
Base salary relief pool: $3M
Performance bonus pool: $2M
Once the team operates above $68M, they have $3M in salary relief, and $2M in performance bonus relief pools. "

I'm not sure if you just don't understand, or don't want to admit you are wrong. Tampa can operate above the cap, but only by the difference of the Callahan contract. LTIR provides flexibility but it does not zero out Callahan's contract.

Thus my original point of TB benefiting more from moving the entire contract is correct.

Why do you think contracts that are on LTIR get traded (for example David Clarkson). The answer is because it still counts against the cap and it helps those team get the cap floor.

You clearly don't understand the subject.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 2:28 p.m.
Tspky
omg man, you are wrong. Get over it. Just because they put Callahan contract on LTIR doesn't mean his contract just disappears from there $81.5 cap ceiling. Yes, they can over, but the cap hit is still on the books.

"Basic Equation Example
The league upper limit is $69M. A team has an averaged club salary of $68M and a player with a 35+ contract with an AAV of $5M ($3M cap hit and $2M in performance bonuses) becomes injured and the team places him on LTIR. The LTIR relief pools are calculated as follows:
ACSL = $69M - $1M = $68M
LTIR relief:
Once the team operates above $68M, they have $3M in salary relief, and $2M in performance bonus relief pools. "

I'm not sure if you just don't understand, or don't want to admit you are wrong. Tampa can operate above the cap, but only by the difference of the Callahan contract. LTIR provides flexibility but it does not zero out Callahan's contract.

Thus my original point of TB benefiting more from moving the entire contract is correct.

Why do you think contracts that are on LTIR get traded (for example David Clarkson). The answer is because it still counts against the cap and it helps those team get the cap floor.

I like how you are saying I don't understand when it literally outlines the callahan contract in an example

"Training-Camp Equation Example
The league upper limit is $69M. A team has an averaged club salary of $71M and a player with a cap hit of $5M ($5M cap hit, $0 in performance bonuses) becomes injured and the team places him on LTIR. The LTIR relief pools are calculated as follows:
Team cap hit = $71M
ACSL = $71M - $5M = $66M
LTIR relief:
Base salary relief pool: $5M
Performance bonus pool: $0
Once the team operates above $66M, they have $5M in salary relief, and $0 in performance bonus relief pools. When using the training camp formula, 100% of the relief pools are used when the player is initially placed on LTIR."

Look at callahans contract idiot, he doesn't have any bonus in his contract. YOU clearly don't understand the subject. Clarkson gets traded because he DOES have a bonus and also why he has the "Buyout Proof" contract. Using one of the few outliers does not prove your point.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 2:44 p.m.
I like how you are saying I don't understand when it literally outlines the callahan contract in an example

"Training-Camp Equation Example
The league upper limit is $69M. A team has an averaged club salary of $71M and a player with a cap hit of $5M ($5M cap hit, $0 in performance bonuses) becomes injured and the team places him on LTIR. The LTIR relief pools are calculated as follows:
Team cap hit = $71M
ACSL = $71M - $5M = $66M
LTIR relief:
Base salary relief pool: $5M
Performance bonus pool: $0
Once the team operates above $66M, they have $5M in salary relief, and $0 in performance bonus relief pools. When using the training camp formula, 100% of the relief pools are used when the player is initially placed on LTIR."

Look at callahans contract idiot, he doesn't have any bonus in his contract. YOU clearly don't understand the subject. Clarkson gets traded because he DOES have a bonus and also why he has the "Buyout Proof" contract. Using one of the few outliers does not prove your point.

ok clown, You are missing the point. In this example even using Callahan actual contract with no bonus. let me type real slow for you...

Keep in mind this is an example:
1. Salary ceiling $69 mill
2. Tampa's total salary- $68 mill.
3. Callahan goes on IR. They had $1m in cap room so $1M- $5.8 would allow tampa to operate $4.8 mill above the cap.

This does not include any salary of a call ups which will happen because of other injuries or other salaries the would take on via trade, which is why in my ORIGINAL POINT...I stated while this still provides Tampa with more cap flexibility they would still be better trading the contract.

Someone once told me it's difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

I'm going to take that advice. Have a great Monday.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 3:11 p.m.
Tspky
ok clown, You are missing the point. In this example even using Callahan actual contract with no bonus. let me type real slow for you...

Keep in mind this is an example:
1. Salary ceiling $69 mill
2. Tampa's total salary- $68 mill.
3. Callahan goes on IR. They had $1m in cap room so $1M- $5.8 would allow tampa to operate $4.8 mill above the cap.

This does not include any salary of a call ups which will happen because of other injuries or other salaries the would take on via trade, which is why in my ORIGINAL POINT...I stated while this still provides Tampa with more cap flexibility they would still be better trading the contract.

Someone once told me it's difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

I'm going to take that advice. Have a great Monday.

You literally just proved my point. They can go all the way to 81.5m without callahan included, making his contract essentially $0. It costs actual dollars, not salary cap funds. Idiot
Jun. 24, 2019 at 3:26 p.m.
You literally just proved my point. They can go all the way to 81.5m without callahan included, making his contract essentially $0. It costs actual dollars, not salary cap funds. Idiot

Oh boy...buddy idk what you are reading but I did not prove your point. They can all the way to $81.5m that is correct, I never disputed that. Then the would have to add Callahan $5.8m mill giving them $5.8m in flexibility. If the went over that, they would be penalized.

My point was they could still benefit from moving the contract. If they do indeed go over the cap while using LTIR, and all of a sudden run into injury problems they would have to call up players from the AHL. Each call up would eat in the that extra $5.8m in space; additionally, If they traded for a player, his pro-rated cap hit would also eat into that space.

LTIR is not as beneficial as fans are lead to believe. It is not a get out of jail free card, and it does not zero out. This is the main reason why a team will try to get as close to the cap as possible (in this case $81.5m) because then they could use the maximum amount of the contract they are placing on LTIR as there added cap space (in this case $5.8m)

So I have proved my point you dingbat. Not yours.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Tspky
Oh boy...buddy idk what you are reading but I did not prove your point. They can all the way to $81.5m that is correct, I never disputed that. Then the would have to add Callahan $5.8m mill giving them $5.8m in flexibility. If the went over that, they would be penalized.

My point was they could still benefit from moving the contract. If they do indeed go over the cap while using LTIR, and all of a sudden run into injury problems they would have to call up players from the AHL. Each call up would eat in the that extra $5.8m in space; additionally, If they traded for a player, his pro-rated cap hit would also eat into that space.

LTIR is not as beneficial as fans are lead to believe. It is not a get out of jail free card, and it does not zero out. This is the main reason why a team will try to get as close to the cap as possible (in this case $81.5m) because then they could use the maximum amount of the contract they are placing on LTIR as there added cap space (in this case $5.8m)

So I have proved my point you dingbat. Not yours.

so what you literally just said, was that they can go up to 81.5 and subtract his cap hit of 5.8--- correct me if i'm wrong but that is exactly what I've been saying since the beginning.
I proved you wrong in this comment:

"Basic Equation Example
ACSL = $69M - $1M = $68M
LTIR relief:

And you don't like it.. so now you are trying to over-exert your position that it's beneficial to tampa when it's really not. Your statement that "they'll get penalized" for going over the cap is in existence for every team. That is why teams don't go into the year with $0 of cap space. They can use a portion of callahan's contract to resign the necessary people and use the two roster spots above 20 (not counting callahan) to get to the max cap. These two fill ins would be your injury replacement players so you don't have to worry about cap penalties since there will be no "calling a player up". With those players, you can go to 80.5 with a million in flexibility or max out at 81.5 and still have those two fill ins. Don't be mad that i called you out on your BS when you are just ignorant to the facts. To use a phrase that hasn't been used in years, "Bye Felicia"
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.

so what you literally just said, was that they can go up to 81.5 and subtract his cap hit of 5.8--- correct me if i'm wrong but that is exactly what I've been saying since the beginning.
I proved you wrong in this comment:

And you don't like it.. so now you are trying to over-exert your position that it's beneficial to tampa when it's really not. Your statement that "they'll get penalized" for going over the cap is in existence for every team. That is why teams don't go into the year with $0 of cap space. They can use a portion of callahan's contract to resign the necessary people and use the two roster spots above 20 (not counting callahan) to get to the max cap. These two fill ins would be your injury replacement players so you don't have to worry about cap penalties since there will be no "calling a player up". With those players, you can go to 80.5 with a million in flexibility or max out at 81.5 and still have those two fill ins. Don't be mad that i called you out on your BS when you are just ignorant to the facts. To use a phrase that hasn't been used in years, "Bye Felicia"

Hey man, don't get mad at me just because I had to explain some aspects of the CBA to you. It's complicated stuff. It's not your fault you cant wrap your head around it.

I quoted my first post in the thread where I literally said they could exceed the cap by the difference of the LTIR contract. I thought it would be easier for you to read since you clearly can't be bothered to scroll up.

If you mean be saying "you are trying over-extert your position" by supporting my statement with facts and rules from the actual CBA then yes, I most certainly am.

Why wouldn't the leafs have just kept David Clarkson on LTIR if it truly provides as much as an advantage as you are saying?

My original point (which I must have typed 4 or 5 times already):

1. LTIR is a tool that can be used, but is far from ideal for any team. It would be easier to be under the cap all together for a team that is that close to it.

2. It limits a teams ability to re-call player from the minors and acquire via trade.

You're wrong. I am right. Now go give your parents back there computer.

Boom roasted.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:36 p.m.
@Spanky227 I also encourage you to go search @CapFriendly twitter. They actually got into explaining this exact scenario after the news was announced. That's where I am getting my facts...this exact site.

So if by some reason you are bothered by me, that's fine. I could care less. I just tend to side with the people who run this site, and know how LTIR actually works.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 10:16 p.m.
Tspky
Hey man, don't get mad at me just because I had to explain some aspects of the CBA to you. It's complicated stuff. It's not your fault you cant wrap your head around it.

I quoted my first post in the thread where I literally said they could exceed the cap by the difference of the LTIR contract. I thought it would be easier for you to read since you clearly can't be bothered to scroll up.

If you mean be saying "you are trying over-extert your position" by supporting my statement with facts and rules from the actual CBA then yes, I most certainly am.

Why wouldn't the leafs have just kept David Clarkson on LTIR if it truly provides as much as an advantage as you are saying?

My original point (which I must have typed 4 or 5 times already):

1. LTIR is a tool that can be used, but is far from ideal for any team. It would be easier to be under the cap all together for a team that is that close to it.

2. It limits a teams ability to re-call player from the minors and acquire via trade.

You're wrong. I am right. Now go give your parents back there computer.

Boom roasted.

@Spanky227 I also encourage you to go search @CapFriendly twitter. They actually got into explaining this exact scenario after the news was announced. That's where I am getting my facts...this exact site.

So if by some reason you are bothered by me, that's fine. I could care less. I just tend to side with the people who run this site, and know how LTIR actually works.

Lol saying your parents computer. If you actually read you dumb twat, it literally says on their twitter that they can add contracts to get as close to 81.5m (as many as 23 on the roster) and place him on LtIR for cap relief of whatever over they are (if they go up to 81.5 exactly it’s 5.8m in relief). They can then send those two extra contracts down to the minors and use the remaining space for injury call ups. It’s quite simple, I’m surprised this is going over your head. This doesn’t hurt Tampa at all, and while they have to pay Callahan still (whatever insurance doesn’t cover), it won’t count against the cap if they do the above. So use your brain for once and think business and see that Tampa can easily take advantage of it than ridiculously overpay for a failing prospect in nylander.
Jul. 30, 2019 at 11:22 a.m.
Lol saying your parents computer. If you actually read you dumb twat, it literally says on their twitter that they can add contracts to get as close to 81.5m (as many as 23 on the roster) and place him on LtIR for cap relief of whatever over they are (if they go up to 81.5 exactly it’s 5.8m in relief). They can then send those two extra contracts down to the minors and use the remaining space for injury call ups. It’s quite simple, I’m surprised this is going over your head. This doesn’t hurt Tampa at all, and while they have to pay Callahan still (whatever insurance doesn’t cover), it won’t count against the cap if they do the above. So use your brain for once and think business and see that Tampa can easily take advantage of it than ridiculously overpay for a failing prospect in nylander.

Wow. It's so weird that TB traded Callahan. Especially since his cap didn't matter, right!?!?! lolzzzzz
Jul. 30, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
Tspky
Wow. It's so weird that TB traded Callahan. Especially since his cap didn't matter, right!?!?! lolzzzzz

You still don't get it to this point and you found the need to go back a month to make another pointless comment over the internet.
Jul. 30, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Have Fun

RECEIPTS BABY!! Here for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll