Philadelphia Flyers Acquire:
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
Tyler Pitlick · $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Sum: $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Change: +$1,000,000
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:06 p.m.
Hartman doesn't command a huge deal, but free agency is always weird. Seems fine for both teams here, I suppose.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:08 p.m.
It all depends on the cap hit of the Hartman extension. He's the better player but that cap hit of Pitlick is pretty good
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:19 p.m.
Surely Hartman was asking for 2.5-3mil? Fletch is a busy man. You asked for action Philly you're getting it.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:19 p.m.
AwesomeMatthews
Quoting: EmperorFun
Hartman doesn't command a huge deal, but free agency is always weird. Seems fine for both teams here, I suppose.

Big lose for philly why try Hartman he is beloved by all fans their and Pitlick is not even as good as Hartman
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:22 p.m.
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Big lose for philly why try Hartman he is beloved by all fans their and Pitlick is not even as good as Hartman

Loved is a stretch. Philly like any 4th liner who hits hard
Munsen88, ConnorMcHellebucyk, MoreOfAnIslesGuy and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:22 p.m.
Majors and minors
i'm guessing that Philly is going to miss the points that Simmonds scored, their not missing his $$$. I guess they didn't like Hartman and sent him on his way.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:23 p.m.
Flyers are on a spending spree but they don't want to resign Hartman, or he wants too much.

4th team in 16 months.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:27 p.m.
Personally, I would've kept him at $2.5M AAV. You need physicality and grit in the playoffs. Just ask STL.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:33 p.m.
This hurts. Liked Hartman as a solid depth piece. Has some skill and can hit. Fine on the 3rd line; if he's on your 4th it's because you are stacked at wing. Doesn't disappear for long stretches out there like some other guys. Grats Dallas.

P.S. Niskanen and Braun better be worth it.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:40 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I don't like Hartman but Dallas wins anyway. He's the better player IMO.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
Hartman is better.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 5:57 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Wth are the Flyers doing?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
What is Fletcher doing? Hartman cost NSH almost a 1st rd pick not that long ago, then gets moved for Simmonds. Nothing against Pitlick, but i don't see the value here.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster

Struggling to sign RFAs under the cap after adding veteran D and 2C that stressed our cap situation.
Jun. 24, 2019 at 8:57 p.m.
GM67
Good for Dallas as long as they don't pay him over 2.5 million per season. He still isn't proven.
Jun. 25, 2019 at 1:33 a.m.
This is a better deal for Dallas as I'm not sure if they were even going to qualify Pitlick and they get Hartman back for him. Hartman has bounced around over the last 2 years though. Hope Hartman can stick in DAL. IMO, Dallas won this one
Jun. 25, 2019 at 7:25 p.m.
9:00am Hartman walks into the GM’s office

Fletcher: (lying on couch) “Ryan, thanks for coming. So I had a late night - I don’t remember most of it after the jacuzzi and strippers, but apparently I signed Kevin Hayes to a contract for over $7M a year. I’m sorry but someone has to go. We consulted a ouiji board and it was you”

Hartman: (mouth agape in shock) “okaaaaay”?
KubaH liked this.
Jun. 25, 2019 at 8:12 p.m.
Apparently the Stars have not issued Hartman a Qualifying Offer, so unless he is signed by them Jul 1 he is a UFA anyways. The trade makes even less sense - and Hartman would be cast off by 4 franchises in under a year - for a guy that seems to be well-liked there’s something to be said there.
KubaH and capfriendlyaccount liked this.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 2:34 a.m.
Dallas got shafted hardcore by refs so guess they want a bit more grit? When Bishop is getting slashed in back but nobody calls a penalty? Then their rookie goalie starts some crap without a call? Blues are a dirty team, I'll never forget how they ran Storr ending his career not long after that... When Kings were up 3-0, yet Blues get a 5 minute PP they score like 3-4 goals against a concussed goalie... Since Kings get a major for O'donnel beating on guy who ran goalie on purpose in his own crease smile? NO wonder why NHL cap didn't even hit 82M when sham Blues win it... Bishop deserved VEzina if anything or Lehner but that is life... I really wish it was Sharks vs. Stars in WCF, SCF was trash, St. L Bores or Boors depending who ask smile. CApitals were another team whose system was so boring they fired their coach knowing they would be bankrupt if they kept it wink. I think Dallas wins but I'm probably wrong like most who voted wink.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 12:38 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Daoloth
Dallas got shafted hardcore by refs so guess they want a bit more grit? When Bishop is getting slashed in back but nobody calls a penalty? Then their rookie goalie starts some crap without a call? Blues are a dirty team, I'll never forget how they ran Storr ending his career not long after that... When Kings were up 3-0, yet Blues get a 5 minute PP they score like 3-4 goals against a concussed goalie... Since Kings get a major for O'donnel beating on guy who ran goalie on purpose in his own crease smile? NO wonder why NHL cap didn't even hit 82M when sham Blues win it... Bishop deserved VEzina if anything or Lehner but that is life... I really wish it was Sharks vs. Stars in WCF, SCF was trash, St. L Bores or Boors depending who ask smile. CApitals were another team whose system was so boring they fired their coach knowing they would be bankrupt if they kept it wink. I think Dallas wins but I'm probably wrong like most who voted wink.

Quoting: rebecca
Apparently the Stars have not issued Hartman a Qualifying Offer, so unless he is signed by them Jul 1 he is a UFA anyways. The trade makes even less sense - and Hartman would be cast off by 4 franchises in under a year - for a guy that seems to be well-liked there’s something to be said there.

Quoting: rebecca
9:00am Hartman walks into the GM’s office

Fletcher: (lying on couch) “Ryan, thanks for coming. So I had a late night - I don’t remember most of it after the jacuzzi and strippers, but apparently I signed Kevin Hayes to a contract for over $7M a year. I’m sorry but someone has to go. We consulted a ouiji board and it was you”

Hartman: (mouth agape in shock) “okaaaaay”?

Quoting: MTLFAN27
This is a better deal for Dallas as I'm not sure if they were even going to qualify Pitlick and they get Hartman back for him. Hartman has bounced around over the last 2 years though. Hope Hartman can stick in DAL. IMO, Dallas won this one

Quoting: jasondomitrovic
Good for Dallas as long as they don't pay him over 2.5 million per season. He still isn't proven.

Quoting: Zubrowka
Struggling to sign RFAs under the cap after adding veteran D and 2C that stressed our cap situation.

Quoting: Blazingbat11
What is Fletcher doing? Hartman cost NSH almost a 1st rd pick not that long ago, then gets moved for Simmonds. Nothing against Pitlick, but i don't see the value here.

Quoting: Trickster

Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Hartman is better.

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I don't like Hartman but Dallas wins anyway. He's the better player IMO.

Quoting: Zubrowka
This hurts. Liked Hartman as a solid depth piece. Has some skill and can hit. Fine on the 3rd line; if he's on your 4th it's because you are stacked at wing. Doesn't disappear for long stretches out there like some other guys. Grats Dallas.

P.S. Niskanen and Braun better be worth it.

Quoting: Brian2016
Personally, I would've kept him at $2.5M AAV. You need physicality and grit in the playoffs. Just ask STL.

Quoting: Yojimbo
Flyers are on a spending spree but they don't want to resign Hartman, or he wants too much.

4th team in 16 months.

Quoting: CoraStorm
i'm guessing that Philly is going to miss the points that Simmonds scored, their not missing his $$$. I guess they didn't like Hartman and sent him on his way.

Quoting: campdemamp
Loved is a stretch. Philly like any 4th liner who hits hard

Quoting: AwesomeMatthews

Surely Hartman was asking for 2.5-3mil? Fletch is a busy man. You asked for action Philly you're getting it.

Quoting: WellIDK
It all depends on the cap hit of the Hartman extension. He's the better player but that cap hit of Pitlick is pretty good

Quoting: EmperorFun

Quoting: Daoloth

Well this looks bad now
Jul. 1, 2019 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Well this looks bad now

I was one hundred percent correct. Hartman IS better.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 3:36 p.m.
Well this looks bad now

The oh so wise Spaghetti Pasta returns after the fact. Philly saves 900k this year. Thats it. What a blockbuster
Jul. 1, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
The oh so wise Spaghetti Pasta returns after the fact. Philly saves 900k this year. Thats it. What a blockbuster

I don't understand why they took that chance. For no arbitration rights? I just find it a chance that they made.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
I don't understand why they took that chance. For no arbitration rights? I just find it a chance that they made.

It's bizarre. Having said that, Pitlick could come out and have a 20-25 point season on the 4th line and make this trade look good. We'll wait and see.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit