$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 25, 2019 at 3:38 a.m.
Why do the Flyers want Juulsen? We have our 3 RHD set and Myers is basically our carbon copy of Juulsen. So there's no space in our roster for him. We've also opened enough cap space up that we're not in any immediate cap trouble.
As Fletcher has said, we've had calls about Ghost (presumably because we've added to our D) but we're not shopping him - it'll have to be a great return to make us move him and a 3rd line winger, a prospect D we don't need, and a pick we're not interested in collecting doesn't fit for us.
Jun. 25, 2019 at 4:41 a.m.
Mark
Quoting: CaptJosef
Why do the Flyers want Juulsen? We have our 3 RHD set and Myers is basically our carbon copy of Juulsen. So there's no space in our roster for him. We've also opened enough cap space up that we're not in any immediate cap trouble.
As Fletcher has said, we've had calls about Ghost (presumably because we've added to our D) but we're not shopping him - it'll have to be a great return to make us move him and a 3rd line winger, a prospect D we don't need, and a pick we're not interested in collecting doesn't fit for us.

While I disagree with the return presented, I also disagree that the Flyers would not benefit from shopping him. Yes, the right side is now solidified, however the left side has Provorov, Ghost, Hagg, with Morin knocking at the door. The fact remains that Ghost, who is 26, costs 4.5 million over the next 4 years, while Hagg is 24 and is a cheaper, albeit still strong option. With Morin knocking at the door and a right side that includes Niskenan, Myers, Sanheim, and Baun, the flyers could conceivable afford to part ways with Ghost IF it leads them to a bigger offensive fish.

I am by no means saying that they are shopping him, but they could conceivable shop him and it could be beneficial. The Subban trade is a good example: Trading a contract to free up space for a bigger offensive fish. Again, and I want to make this clear, I am not saying they are shopping him or that it would happen. Okay? Just that it could conceivable be beneficial. If the Canadiens were to trade for him, their first in 2020 would have to be involved, along with a cheaper, more high-end prospect AND one of their top defensive prospects not named Romanov. Maybe 2020's first, Josh Brook and Ylonen? Zero money returning, which helps them in free agency while stock piling high-end future assets. AGAIN, I am not saying that it will happen, or even that it makes sense, I am just saying that it's possible.
Jun. 25, 2019 at 6:16 a.m.
Quoting: markmws
While I disagree with the return presented, I also disagree that the Flyers would not benefit from shopping him. Yes, the right side is now solidified, however the left side has Provorov, Ghost, Hagg, with Morin knocking at the door. The fact remains that Ghost, who is 26, costs 4.5 million over the next 4 years, while Hagg is 24 and is a cheaper, albeit still strong option. With Morin knocking at the door and a right side that includes Niskenan, Myers, Sanheim, and Baun, the flyers could conceivable afford to part ways with Ghost IF it leads them to a bigger offensive fish.

I am by no means saying that they are shopping him, but they could conceivable shop him and it could be beneficial. The Subban trade is a good example: Trading a contract to free up space for a bigger offensive fish. Again, and I want to make this clear, I am not saying they are shopping him or that it would happen. Okay? Just that it could conceivable be beneficial. If the Canadiens were to trade for him, their first in 2020 would have to be involved, along with a cheaper, more high-end prospect AND one of their top defensive prospects not named Romanov. Maybe 2020's first, Josh Brook and Ylonen? Zero money returning, which helps them in free agency while stock piling high-end future assets. AGAIN, I am not saying that it will happen, or even that it makes sense, I am just saying that it's possible.

I get that there are reasons where he could be moved (Ehlers for example - the Flyers take a small amount of cap back, swap two good players coming off down years and address teams needs).

That said Sanheim and Ghost can both play either side. Hagg is terrible and will hopefully be moved out to make Morin the 7th. It's also worth remembering that Provorov wasn't brilliant last season, and expecting Sanheim to be awesome again is a gamble (though a reasonable one). Ghost gives a huge insurance policy. There's a very strong chance he bounces back IMO just because he seems like the kind of guy who plays well in a good team rather than a guy who can carry the team. Frankly a pairing of Ghost - Weber seems perfect. Additionally Braun is here for one year. Ghost could easily be back in the top 4 fairly soon.

I don't think there's a free agent forward who'd give you what Ghost gives you for the same sort of cost. Ghost is understandably terrible at clearing his crease, other than that he's a very good D.

I don't really see much point in the Flyers collecting picks (first round or otherwise) in a major trade unless they're going to be instantly moved for another piece.

Basically I think the most reasonable Montreal trade is just Drouin for Ghost, but I suspect they don't want to move Drouin for precisely the reasons we shouldn't move Ghost.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 5:13 p.m.
Mark
Quoting: CaptJosef
I get that there are reasons where he could be moved (Ehlers for example - the Flyers take a small amount of cap back, swap two good players coming off down years and address teams needs).

That said Sanheim and Ghost can both play either side. Hagg is terrible and will hopefully be moved out to make Morin the 7th. It's also worth remembering that Provorov wasn't brilliant last season, and expecting Sanheim to be awesome again is a gamble (though a reasonable one). Ghost gives a huge insurance policy. There's a very strong chance he bounces back IMO just because he seems like the kind of guy who plays well in a good team rather than a guy who can carry the team. Frankly a pairing of Ghost - Weber seems perfect. Additionally Braun is here for one year. Ghost could easily be back in the top 4 fairly soon.

I don't think there's a free agent forward who'd give you what Ghost gives you for the same sort of cost. Ghost is understandably terrible at clearing his crease, other than that he's a very good D.

I don't really see much point in the Flyers collecting picks (first round or otherwise) in a major trade unless they're going to be instantly moved for another piece.

Basically I think the most reasonable Montreal trade is just Drouin for Ghost, but I suspect they don't want to move Drouin for precisely the reasons we shouldn't move Ghost.

Hey, sorry for the late reply: I completely agree with you. The Canadiens probably will not part with Drouin and the Flyers won't part with Ghost.
CaptJosef liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll