Forums/NHL Trades

(WSH/COL) - Burakovsky for Kosmachuk, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 1, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Daoloth
I've not logged in but had to stay awake to DVR REd Sonja in HD smile... I was just so upset by the Miller trade I had to comment instead of just be depressed... I've not logged on to this site at all for a year or two since some troll set me off wink... I think I predicted Blues would win when they traded Trash Reaves among some other moves on here or other places though smile. I got a dog a few years ago so can't really leave him or he would eat sheets/couch etc... Even the walls, now he has emotional issue where don't eat if he gets upset or whatever... Its tough w/ 4th of July coming... I left a few trades I didn't vote or comment on that maybe I will later depending if I log on or not wink.

ok
Oct. 3, 2019 at 2:28 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: WellIDK
he has been really good and consistent in the playoffs for the past 3 years.

Quoting: WellIDK
but he has been one of the better players of the Caps during the play offs in the last couple of years. So I think he showed his potential and he showed that he can perform at the most important moment (for example the 2 goals vs Tampa in game 7 last year).

Yep. And four points in five games in the Finals to make it seven points in the last seven games of the season. Big win for Colorado here, but Washington needed cap space to fix their penalty kill, so they can stay in the playoffs a few more years.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 7:46 a.m.
It's funny to read this now... 😂 He finally broke up.

I'd say that this is a fair deal. Colorado got top 6 winger, Washington got 2nd and 3rd for a depth guy. Win-win situation 😂
Kotkaniemi15, Eli and PrincessChloe liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: KubaH
It's funny to read this now... 😂 He finally broke up.

I'd say that this is a fair deal. Colorado got top 6 winger, Washington got 2nd and 3rd for a depth guy. Win-win situation 😂

WSH can still be plenty happy with this trade; the fact that they got a 2nd is pretty amazing considering Burakovsky's value was at its absolute lowest. COL took a huge risk, and it paid off.
KubaH liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 3:41 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: EmpressKayla
WSH can still be plenty happy with this trade; the fact that they got a 2nd is pretty amazing considering Burakovsky's value was at its absolute lowest. COL took a huge risk, and it paid off.

It's true. The Caps used the cap space to sign Panik, who got as many points as Burakovsky would have in the same spot, and added picks they used to pick up Dillon at the deadline.

I had spent a long time arguing that Burakovsky was worth a late first or two seconds, and most of the board told me I was crazy. I was off by a little bit, it turned out. I still enjoyed all the conversations and learned a lot about the different ways of comparing the same stats to reach totally different conclusions about what happened, even in a sport watched by millions.

I still think Burakovsky is a good complimentary player. He's got a decent shot and he skates okay. He's not going to generate offense on a team that can't get the puck up the ice, but if you put him with good players, he keeps up. Can he develop into more than that? He's playing with guys who can teach him, but it's up to him to improve his skating and his defensive positioning to get the puck more and hold onto it longer.
Sep. 17, 2021 at 10:22 a.m.
Daws is underrated
Looking back on this, Colorado won
JackForHart liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit