SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2019-2020 Predictions

Jul. 4, 2019 at 2:57 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I know you didn't try to set up an Oilers-Flames series, i'm just saying it would be fun to watch if it happens. Also, Ducks won the division 4 years in a row.

When you say it was the "only mistake" you made in the playoffs, do you mean you had Columbus beating Tampa Bay? If so, then you're magical lol Sticking Out Tongue

I don't really see the Stars finishing that high, but you never know. About the Blues, you could be right. Still, though, falling to 2WC after winning the cup ... could happen, would be interesting. Jets missing the playoffs isn't that bold, but finishing last behind Minnesota is pretty bold, or at least i'm pretty sure it is. You never know though.

Yes I picked the EASt 100%... It wasn't magical just logic really... I think Tampa had HEdman banged up going into that series too or some other issues... Really it came down to not having any emotional investment in the outcomes like in the WEst for example... President trophy rarely wins, VAsy fades as the season goes on he gets tired/play declines... CBJ was my dark horse, they made the moves to go for broke... They were due to finally win a playoff series, just odds of everything they were going to win... They had choked before blowing leads like vs. Capitals in a series... The matchups, they had Weresnki or so who was hurt last year... Defense pretty good, players planning to cash in as UFAs like Panarin, they had Duchense I think too right? I know they made a bunch of moves were playing really hot down the stretch vs. a team who had clinched so long ago they were coasting... Other picks Islanders playing in Nassau coliseum always play Penguins tough who had issues of their own... Even when Turgeon got cheap shotted they beat Penguins... Having home ice, then the day game when Penguins went back home so early... System Islanders play would be really hard, I remember Islanders lost like Boychuck or some D-man which hurt... Carolina I figured would matchup well vs. them, figured Capitals would have hard time style they play etc... Boston I didn't like their defense enough so figured would lose in cup... IT was real tough but CBJ I didn't think had it in net since Boston had better backup if Rask faltered in Halak I think it was at time... West I just thought Jets should have won, they made some moves, kinda choked at home or in general... Blues would burn me anytime I picked them, I had Sharks winning in Cup or West in general so that was another mistake smile. Stars or whoever won that series really was other team I thought would win... I wanted Sharks to win or them to face Stars so that influenced my picking in West... Even wanting to see JEts vs. Stars...

I think Stars would beat Blues in 1st round since refs would call more penalties... Colorado a lot depends on how their goalie plays... I'd see that as toss up, I'll pick Avalanche since they are a bit more up and coming... Sharks I think can beat out Chicago in like 6 or 7 in that scenario... Oilers in 7 in like a really brutal series haha... I figure Refs will favor Edmonton wanting to get McDavid into next round who is major marketing player for them... Lots could depend who starts shedding assets to avoid losing them to Seattle too smile... A few teams will go for broke like Nashville did even Penguins kinda do or seem to already do smile.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daoloth
Yes I picked the EASt 100%... It wasn't magical just logic really... I think Tampa had HEdman banged up going into that series too or some other issues... Really it came down to not having any emotional investment in the outcomes like in the WEst for example... President trophy rarely wins, VAsy fades as the season goes on he gets tired/play declines... CBJ was my dark horse, they made the moves to go for broke... They were due to finally win a playoff series, just odds of everything they were going to win... They had choked before blowing leads like vs. Capitals in a series... The matchups, they had Weresnki or so who was hurt last year... Defense pretty good, players planning to cash in as UFAs like Panarin, they had Duchense I think too right? I know they made a bunch of moves were playing really hot down the stretch vs. a team who had clinched so long ago they were coasting... Other picks Islanders playing in Nassau coliseum always play Penguins tough who had issues of their own... Even when Turgeon got cheap shotted they beat Penguins... Having home ice, then the day game when Penguins went back home so early... System Islanders play would be really hard, I remember Islanders lost like Boychuck or some D-man which hurt... Carolina I figured would matchup well vs. them, figured Capitals would have hard time style they play etc... Boston I didn't like their defense enough so figured would lose in cup... IT was real tough but CBJ I didn't think had it in net since Boston had better backup if Rask faltered in Halak I think it was at time... West I just thought Jets should have won, they made some moves, kinda choked at home or in general... Blues would burn me anytime I picked them, I had Sharks winning in Cup or West in general so that was another mistake smile. Stars or whoever won that series really was other team I thought would win... I wanted Sharks to win or them to face Stars so that influenced my picking in West... Even wanting to see JEts vs. Stars...

I think Stars would beat Blues in 1st round since refs would call more penalties... Colorado a lot depends on how their goalie plays... I'd see that as toss up, I'll pick Avalanche since they are a bit more up and coming... Sharks I think can beat out Chicago in like 6 or 7 in that scenario... Oilers in 7 in like a really brutal series haha... I figure Refs will favor Edmonton wanting to get McDavid into next round who is major marketing player for them... Lots could depend who starts shedding assets to avoid losing them to Seattle too smile... A few teams will go for broke like Nashville did even Penguins kinda do or seem to already do smile.

I get your reasons for picking Columbus ... you must be pretty smart lol ... Are you saying you picked Columbus, Carolina, Dallas, AND Colorado to get out of round 1? I don't even know how many people picked 1 of them lol. You didn't pick CBJ to sweep Tampa Bay, did you?

I also don't remember Werenski being hurt last year in the playoffs.

Grubauer is a good enough goalie IMO. I don't see that as a problem.

Also, who's your favourite team? Jets? Stars? Someone else?
Jul. 4, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Still a few FAs we're waiting on. Especially guys like Dzingel, Johansson, Gardiner, Ferland, etc. They may not all sign in the next few days but if we start to see some of those guys sign i'll probably start making my updated predictions.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 12:25 p.m.
I get your reasons for picking Columbus ... you must be pretty smart lol ... Are you saying you picked Columbus, Carolina, Dallas, AND Colorado to get out of round 1? I don't even know how many people picked 1 of them lol. You didn't pick CBJ to sweep Tampa Bay, did you?

I also don't remember Werenski being hurt last year in the playoffs.

Grubauer is a good enough goalie IMO. I don't see that as a problem.

Also, who's your favourite team? Jets? Stars? Someone else?

I picked everything 100% right in East... That includes Boston BRuisn going to Cup final and losing... Everything in West was picked perfect except I had Jets beating Blues which was a tough pick or series to pick... Then I had Jets losing to Stars who would lose to Sharks... So yeah I had Sharks over Knights even though it didn't go as smooth as I liked... Boston I picked over Toronto because of the Reimer thing years ago... When Toronto looked like they had it won up like 2 or 3 goals? Then they collapsed so I always felt Bruins had Maple Leafs number... Sorta like Montreal often has their number, I remember PK Subban in some interview when they eliminated Boston on TV too smile...

Favorite Teams...
Kings
Knights
Sharks

Favorite Team in East...
Islanders

FAvorite CAnada TEam
Jets but I liked original Winnipeg though I hated Thrashers and Coyotes...

Well I've had a 158 as my lowest IQ score with like 181 whatever... CBJ I think had been a better team prior like they won division or were close... Its really like trend betting or going against the trend... Like something is going to have to happen at some point... So either a streak continues or it ends/new one starts... CBJ had a good team but they weren't going to be able to afford to keep it together... Shame in a way, like Jets I think had a window 2 years ago where they should have won cup w/ Stastny on team... Part of problem was the left shot D-men the coach used... By time he used better ones or made adjustments they were too far behind in the series...

I'm wondering if a few FAs will even get signed way things are going w/ teams in cap trouble too... They either seem to get over paid or not a dime... Where is the Dion PHaneuf watch will any team be dumb enough to sign that trash again smile?
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I picked everything 100% right in East... That includes Boston BRuisn going to Cup final and losing... Everything in West was picked perfect except I had Jets beating Blues which was a tough pick or series to pick... Then I had Jets losing to Stars who would lose to Sharks... So yeah I had Sharks over Knights even though it didn't go as smooth as I liked... Boston I picked over Toronto because of the Reimer thing years ago... When Toronto looked like they had it won up like 2 or 3 goals? Then they collapsed so I always felt Bruins had Maple Leafs number... Sorta like Montreal often has their number, I remember PK Subban in some interview when they eliminated Boston on TV too smile...

Favorite Teams...
Kings
Knights
Sharks

Favorite Team in East...
Islanders

FAvorite CAnada TEam
Jets but I liked original Winnipeg though I hated Thrashers and Coyotes...

Well I've had a 158 as my lowest IQ score with like 181 whatever... CBJ I think had been a better team prior like they won division or were close... Its really like trend betting or going against the trend... Like something is going to have to happen at some point... So either a streak continues or it ends/new one starts... CBJ had a good team but they weren't going to be able to afford to keep it together... Shame in a way, like Jets I think had a window 2 years ago where they should have won cup w/ Stastny on team... Part of problem was the left shot D-men the coach used... By time he used better ones or made adjustments they were too far behind in the series...

I'm wondering if a few FAs will even get signed way things are going w/ teams in cap trouble too... They either seem to get over paid or not a dime... Where is the Dion PHaneuf watch will any team be dumb enough to sign that trash again smile?

Did you have CBJ sweeping Tampa Bay though?

Are those 3 teams you mentioned in order?

About the UFAs, if nobody gives Gardiner 6M then he will probably sign for less. If nobody gives Dzingel 7M (idk what he wants) then he'll sign for less. 7M looks like too much for Dzingel IMO. But maybe that's what he wants, i don't know. Just coming up with a random number.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:49 p.m.
Did you have CBJ sweeping Tampa Bay though?

Are those 3 teams you mentioned in order?

About the UFAs, if nobody gives Gardiner 6M then he will probably sign for less. If nobody gives Dzingel 7M (idk what he wants) then he'll sign for less. 7M looks like too much for Dzingel IMO. But maybe that's what he wants, i don't know. Just coming up with a random number.

Rangers only team in EAst to ever win Cup who won President Trophy which is a factor... No I didn't pick any sweeps or all the games in 1st round... I was upset I didn't play a bracket since thought I would go 8/8 in 1st round picking the right upsets... Always a few upsets in general, few tossups... I usually pick West or East perfect or the 1st round perfect... I've picked entire thing a few times... I usually don't pick how many games or pick 5 or 6 in general... CBJ was just due to finally win a series, they were I think division winner not long ago... Tampa always fades in playoffs or goalie gets hurt/falters.

1st favorite Team Kings, 2nd favorite Knights took over for Sharks who moved to 3rd Favorite for having laces... Islanders probably like my 4th or 5th favorite... Jets my favorite Canada team its complicated since like original w/ Bob Essensa Shut OUt King/Selanne... Islanders have laces so that made them fall from 2nd or 3rd a while back... I hate teams that have laces on uniforms, I'll even root against them... They tend to lose in SCF too... Only original 6 teams I think have won wearing laces liek Boston... In general the team that has no laces wins the cup...

CBJ tried to win now, I remember when they could only win at home... Now they are having bar fights expectations to get a Cup hehe... I sorta like their canyon uniforms but they look a lot like a Jets alternative if I remember. I wasn't shocked by any of the sweeps really... Hedman I think was hurt so that contributed to their sweep. I kinda thought Islanders would win in 5 over Penguins, but that day game when down 0-2 was too much to play at noon and win...

I don't think the UFAs will get as much as they want so will have to settle on less term or more years...
Jul. 8, 2019 at 12:31 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Rangers only team in EAst to ever win Cup who won President Trophy which is a factor... No I didn't pick any sweeps or all the games in 1st round... I was upset I didn't play a bracket since thought I would go 8/8 in 1st round picking the right upsets... Always a few upsets in general, few tossups... I usually pick West or East perfect or the 1st round perfect... I've picked entire thing a few times... I usually don't pick how many games or pick 5 or 6 in general... CBJ was just due to finally win a series, they were I think division winner not long ago... Tampa always fades in playoffs or goalie gets hurt/falters.

1st favorite Team Kings, 2nd favorite Knights took over for Sharks who moved to 3rd Favorite for having laces... Islanders probably like my 4th or 5th favorite... Jets my favorite Canada team its complicated since like original w/ Bob Essensa Shut OUt King/Selanne... Islanders have laces so that made them fall from 2nd or 3rd a while back... I hate teams that have laces on uniforms, I'll even root against them... They tend to lose in SCF too... Only original 6 teams I think have won wearing laces liek Boston... In general the team that has no laces wins the cup...

CBJ tried to win now, I remember when they could only win at home... Now they are having bar fights expectations to get a Cup hehe... I sorta like their canyon uniforms but they look a lot like a Jets alternative if I remember. I wasn't shocked by any of the sweeps really... Hedman I think was hurt so that contributed to their sweep. I kinda thought Islanders would win in 5 over Penguins, but that day game when down 0-2 was too much to play at noon and win...

I don't think the UFAs will get as much as they want so will have to settle on less term or more years...

Why do you care which teams have laces on their jerseys? Also, when you say you picked the "entire thing" sometimes, what do you mean? You picked the winner of all 15 series correctly? Really?
Jul. 8, 2019 at 3:55 a.m.
Atlantic:
1. TBL
2. FLA
3. TOR
4. BOS-WC1

Metro:
1. NJD
2. WASH
3. NYR
4. CAR-WC2

Central:
1. DAL
2. COL
3. STL
4. NSH-WC1
5. WPG-WC2

Pacific:
1. VGK
2. SJS
3. ARI

Cup Final: TBL 4 DAL 2
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Here are 5 SUPER bold predictions for the 2019-20 NHL Season:

1. Every teams scores at least 1 goal in the 2019-20 NHL Season.
2. One of the 31 teams will win the Stanley Cup.
3. Games will be played.
4. There will be at least one penalty called in the 2019-20 season.
5. A goalie will win the Vezina Trophy, a defenseman will win the Norris Trophy, and a coach will win the Jack Adams award.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.
Below Market Value
Atlantic
1. Tampa
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Florida - WC1
5. Montreal
6. Buffalo
7. Detroit
8. Ottawa

Metropolitan
1. Washington
2. Carolina
3. Pittsburgh
4. NY Islanders - WC2
5. New Jersey
6. NY Rangers
7. Columbus
8. Philadelphia

Central
1. St. Louis
2. Nashville
3. Colorado
4. Dallas - WC1
5. Winnipeg - WC2
6. Minnesota
7. Chicago

Pacific
1. Vegas
2. Calgary
3. San Jose
4. Arizona
5. Vancouver
6. Anaheim
7. Edmonton
8. Los Angeles

First Round
Tampa over NY Islanders, 4-2
Boston over Toronto, 4-3
Washington over Florida, 4-2
Carolina over Pittsburgh, 4-2

St. Louis over Winnipeg, 4-1
Colorado over Nashville, 4-2
Dallas over Vegas, 4-3
San Jose over Calgary, 4-2

Second Round
Tampa over Boston, 4-3
Washington over Carolina, 4-2

Colorado over St. Louis, 4-3
Dallas over San Jose, 4-2

Conference Finals
Tampa over Washington, 4-3

Colorado over Dallas, 4-2

Stanley Cup Finals
Tampa over Colorado, 4-2
Jul. 8, 2019 at 11:03 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Boston over Toronto, 4-3

Just imagine that lol
Jul. 8, 2019 at 12:57 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Prediction after Free Agent frenzy ( bored)

Atlantic:
Tampa 120
Toronto 110
Florida 106
Boston 99*
Montreal 94
Buffalo 86
Detroit 75
Ottawa 61

Metropolitan:
Washington 108
Carolina 104
Pittsburgh 102
Flyers 99**
Rangers 95
Devils 90
Islanders 85
Blue jackets 80

Central:
St. Louis 112
Colorado 106
Dallas 103
Nashville 100*
Winnipeg 95**
Chicago 89
Minnesota 79

Pacific:
Vegas 115
Calgary 106
San Jose 100
Arizona 94
Edmonton 90
Vancouver 85
Anaheim 81
Los Angelas 73

First Round:
Tampa over Flyers in 7
Toronto over Florida in 5
Washington over Boston in 6
Carolina over Pittsburgh in 6
Vegas over Winnipeg in 7
Calgary over San Jose in 5
St. Louis over Nashville in 6
Colorado over Dallas in 6

Second Round:
Tampa over Toronto in 7
Washington over Carolina in 7
Vegas over Calgary in 6
Colorado over St. Louis in 5

Third Round:
Tampa over Washington in 6
Vegas over Colorado in 5

Cup Final:
Tampa over Vegas in 6

Awards:
Vezina: Bobrovsky ( Andersen, Fleury)
Lady Byng: O'Rielly ( Matthews, Barkov)
Hart: Mackinnon ( Ovechkin, Aho)
Norris: Hedman ( Carlson, E. Karlsson )
Calder; Kakko ( Makar, Glass)
Ted Lindsey: Mcdavid ( Kucherov, Mackinnon)
Selke: Crosby ( Barkov, Stone)
Jack Adams: Quenville ( Brind Amor, Bednar)
Art Ross: Mackinnon 115 ( Mcdavid 111, Kucherov 110)
GM: Sakic ( Gorton, Treliving)
Richard: Ovechkin 55 ( Matthews 51, Pastrnak 49)
Conn Smythe: Hedman ( Kucherov, Vasilevsky)

Lottery Top 3:
1) Anaheim - Alexis Lafrieniere
2) Ottawa - Anton Lundell
3) Vancouver - Alexander Holtz
Jul. 8, 2019 at 1:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Prediction after Free Agent frenzy ( bored)

Atlantic:
Tampa 120
Toronto 110
Florida 106
Boston 99*
Montreal 94
Buffalo 86
Detroit 75
Ottawa 61

Metropolitan:
Washington 108
Carolina 104
Pittsburgh 102
Flyers 99**
Rangers 95
Devils 90
Islanders 85
Blue jackets 80

Central:
St. Louis 112
Colorado 106
Dallas 103
Nashville 100*
Winnipeg 95**
Chicago 89
Minnesota 79

Pacific:
Vegas 115
Calgary 106
San Jose 100
Arizona 94
Edmonton 90
Vancouver 85
Anaheim 81
Los Angelas 73

First Round:
Tampa over Flyers in 7
Toronto over Florida in 5
Washington over Boston in 6
Carolina over Pittsburgh in 6
Vegas over Winnipeg in 7
Calgary over San Jose in 5
St. Louis over Nashville in 6
Colorado over Dallas in 6

Second Round:
Tampa over Toronto in 7
Washington over Carolina in 7
Vegas over Calgary in 6
Colorado over St. Louis in 5

Third Round:
Tampa over Washington in 6
Vegas over Colorado in 5

Cup Final:
Tampa over Vegas in 6

Awards:
Vezina: Bobrovsky ( Andersen, Fleury)
Lady Byng: O'Rielly ( Matthews, Barkov)
Hart: Mackinnon ( Ovechkin, Aho)
Norris: Hedman ( Carlson, E. Karlsson )
Calder; Kakko ( Makar, Glass)
Ted Lindsey: Mcdavid ( Kucherov, Mackinnon)
Selke: Crosby ( Barkov, Stone)
Jack Adams: Quenville ( Brind Amor, Bednar)
Art Ross: Mackinnon 115 ( Mcdavid 111, Kucherov 110)
GM: Sakic ( Gorton, Treliving)
Richard: Ovechkin 55 ( Matthews 51, Pastrnak 49)
Conn Smythe: Hedman ( Kucherov, Vasilevsky)

Lottery Top 3:
1) Anaheim - Alexis Lafrieniere
2) Ottawa - Anton Lundell
3) Vancouver - Alexander Holtz

It's hard to believe, but I only make the SECOND most predictions of anyone on this site. We all know who #1 is wink

99 points for the Flyers as a 2WC ... It could totally happen, but would that be an NHL record for a 2WC/8th in conference (previous playoff format). I'm not sure, but it might be a record.

I'm curious to see how Winnipeg will do. It seems like they're a common pick as a wild-card, and not a top-3 team in the Central. Obviously they've lost some key defensemen. Trouba, Myers, and Chiarot. Sami Niku is coming back, right? Their defence isn't too bad, but not great IMO.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 12:40 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Okay, now that FA is (mostly) done and we've seen some trades made since my last predictions i made, i'm going to make an updated version. I will do one more before the season after this one, and that will be right before the start of the season. (Probably October 1st or 2nd).

I'm pretty sure all these point totals could end up happening, but i'm not 100 percent sure if all these can possibly happen together. But i'm just picking random numbers without adding it all up.

Predictions:

Atlantic Division:
1. Tampa Bay Lightning (118 points)
2. Boston Bruins (114 points)
3. Toronto Maple Leafs (110 points)
4. Florida Panthers (100 points)*
5. Montreal Canadiens (84 points)
6. Buffalo Sabres (83 points)
7. Detroit Red Wings (67 points)
8. Ottawa Senators (59 points)

Metropolitan Division:
1. Washington Capitals (104 points)
2. Carolina Hurricanes (103 points)
3. New York Rangers (99 points)
4. Philadelphia Flyers (95 points)**
5. Pittsburgh Penguins (94 points)
6. New Jersey Devils (92 points)
7. New York Islanders (90 points)
8. Columbus Blue Jackets (89 points)

Central Division:
1. Nashville Predators (110 points)
2. St. Louis Blues (106 points)
3. Dallas Stars (99 points)
4. Colorado Avalanche (99 points)*
5. Winnipeg Jets (96 points)**
6. Chicago Blackhawks (93 points)
7. Minnesota Wild (77 points)

Pacific Division:
1. San Jose Sharks (108 points)
2. Calgary Flames (107 points)
3. Arizona Coyotes (97 points)
4. Vegas Golden Knights (94 points)
5. Vancouver Canucks (91 points)
6. Anaheim Ducks (83 points)
7. Edmonton Oilers (70 points)
8. Los Angeles Kings (59 points)

(Ottawa finished last place while tied in points with Kings. Kings win in the tiebreakers.)

I might have Nashville as a bit of a surprise at that point total. I'm not sure how many points most people are picking them to get but i don't think it's quite that much. Maybe I went a little bold but i could see them going back closer to where they were in 2018. They traded Subban but Fabbro is coming in i think and Tolvanen might be, and they got Duchene. I picked 4 teams to make the playoffs who didn't make it in 2019 (NY Rangers, Florida, Philadelphia, and Arizona - Columbus, NY Islanders, Pittsburgh, and Vegas fall out). I didn't really go too bold with these picks other than maybe some of the point totals. I'm not sure what others are picking for the most part but i'm pretty sure i have Dallas and Colorado with less points than most people. I might be totally wrong about that though, maybe lots of people have them with around the same numbers i picked for them. Ottawa just really isn't very good. I think Anaheim will have a decent year and will be better than the Oilers. Edmonton hasn't done anything big to improve their team and they were already pretty bad. They need help up front, on D, and in net. That's what i think. LA is also just a really bad team IMO. They aren't built to win in the NHL. I don't think the Devils are quite there yet. They're close, but not quite there if you ask me. That division has so many good teams. I have the NYR making it because i think they'd improved more than the Devils, but with Taylor Hall back, you never know.

Playoffs:

Round 1

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Tampa Bay in 6

Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
Toronto in 7

Washington Capitals vs. Florida Panthers
Florida in 7

Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Rangers
NY Rangers in 6

Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets
Nashville in 7

St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas Stars
St. Louis in 7

San Jose Sharks vs. Colorado Avalanche
San Jose in 6

Calgary Flames vs. Arizona Coyotes
Calgary in 7

I don't see Tampa Bay getting swept in round 1 again lol. I think they can at least win a round in 2020. Toronto it just seems like has to finally beat Boston. Maybe this is the year? Florida has to finally do something in the playoffs. I don't think they've even won a series since 1996 when they went to the final. And they have a really good team now. I think Lundqvist will help the Rangers to win this series and bring the Rangers to round 2. They've been getting way better in the offseason. Winnipeg keeps the series close against Nashville, but the Predators bounce back from this year to make it to round 2. Dallas just hasn't matched up well against St. Louis recently, and i think St. Louis wins that one for the 3rd time in 5 years. San Jose is still a very good team, and with the Labanc signing that likely means more cap room for Thornton and Marleau. I think Arizona comes close to beating Calgary, but Calgary is just the better team IMO. I'm picking the Flames in this one.

Round 2

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
Tampa Bay in 5

New York Rangers vs. Florida Panthers
Florida in 6

Nashville Predators vs. St. Louis Blues
Nashville in 7

San Jose Sharks vs. Calgary Flames
San Jose in 7

I think Toronto finally wins a series, but Tampa Bay will be too good for them IMO. I don't like making this prediction as a Rangers fan, but i think Florida beats the Rangers. It seems like it's their time for a long playoff run. I don't see St. Louis repeating. I think Nashville bounces back from this past year. Calgary i think wins a round in 2020, but San Jose's experience will be too much for them IMO.

Round 3

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers
Florida in 7

Nashville Predators vs. San Jose Sharks
San Jose in 6

Tampa Bay, in my opinion, will do what they always do in the playoffs; lose at some point. That would be a great rivalry, and i think the Panthers win this one. It's always been Tampa Bay who's done better as a franchise than the Panthers, but I think the Panthers with coach Q behind the bench will show the Lightning that they aren't the only team in Florida (lol). Sergei Bobrovsky destroys the Lightning again. I think it's a close series, but the Panthers win in the end. It seems like San Jose needs to make the finals, especially if they sign Thornton and Marleau. Nashville just won't be able to get it done IMO, going up against a team who just can't seem to be able to win a cup, but the time is now for the Sharks.

Stanley Cup Final

San Jose Sharks vs. Florida Panthers

This should be interesting. Neither of these teams have ever won a cup. Will the experience of the Sharks beat the Panthers? Or will the Panthers and their fans (yes, i said their fans, they would have lots of fans by then probably) be celebrating with the Stanley Cup? Win or lose, the Panthers will probably sell out their games in the final, believe it or not. But at this point it's not about ticket sales. These teams will want the cup.

My prediction:

San Jose in 6

Stanley Cup Champions: San Jose Sharks

San Jose Sharks
krakowitz liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:03 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
@rangersandislesfan going with the same strategy that worked for you two years ago, eh? Picking the team that lost a good handful of its depth after the year that they were "supposed" to win.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:25 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay Lightning
2. Toronto Maple Leafs
3. Boston Bruins
4. Florida Panthers**
5. Montreal Canadiens
6. Buffalo Sabres
7. Detroit Red Wings
8. Ottawa Senators

Metropolitan
1. Washington Capitals
2. Philadelphia Flyers
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. New York Rangers*
5. Pittsburgh Penguins
6. New York Islanders
7. Columbus Blue Jackets
8. New Jersey Devils

Central
1. Winnipeg Jets
2. Dallas Stars
3. Nashville Predators
4. Colorado Avalanche*
5. St. Louis Blues**
6. Chicago Blackhawks
7. Minnesota Wild

Pacific
1. Vegas Golden Knights
2. San Jose Sharks
3. Arizona Coyotes
4. Calgary Flames
5. Vancouver Canucks
6. Edmonton Oilers
7. Anaheim Ducks
8. Los Angeles Kings

Art Ross: Connor McDavid (122)
Rocket Richard: Alex Ovechkin (50)
Hart: Nathan Mackinnon (Auston Matthews, Connor McDavid)
Norris: Erik Karlsson (John Carlson, Morgan Rielly)
Vezina: Frederik Andersen (Ben Bishop, Carter Hart)
Calder: Kaapo Kakko (Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes)
Selke: Aleksander Barkov (Patrice Bergeron, Nicklas Backstrom)

Tampa vs Florida -- Lightning in 5
Toronto vs Boston -- Leafs in 7
Washington vs NYR -- Capitals in 7
Philadelphia vs Carolina -- Flyers in 6

Vegas vs St. Louis -- Golden Knights in 6
San Jose vs Arizona -- Sharks in 7
Winnipeg vs Colorado -- Avalanche in 7
Dallas vs Nashville - Stars in 5

Tampa vs Toronto -- Leafs in 7
Washington vs Philadelphia -- Capitals in 6

Vegas vs San Jose -- Sharks in 7
Dallas vs Colorado -- Stars in 6

Toronto vs Washington -- Leafs in 7
San Jose vs Dallas -- Sharks in 6

Toronto vs San Jose -- Leafs in 6
Toronto Maple Leafs
Conn Smythe: Auston Matthews
Rodzikhockey93 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:38 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
@rangersandislesfan going with the same strategy that worked for you two years ago, eh? Picking the team that lost a good handful of its depth after the year that they were "supposed" to win.

Haha lol
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:39 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay Lightning
2. Toronto Maple Leafs
3. Boston Bruins
4. Florida Panthers**
5. Montreal Canadiens
6. Buffalo Sabres
7. Detroit Red Wings
8. Ottawa Senators

Metropolitan
1. Washington Capitals
2. Philadelphia Flyers
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. New York Rangers*
5. Pittsburgh Penguins
6. New York Islanders
7. Columbus Blue Jackets
8. New Jersey Devils

Central
1. Winnipeg Jets
2. Dallas Stars
3. Nashville Predators
4. Colorado Avalanche*
5. St. Louis Blues**
6. Chicago Blackhawks
7. Minnesota Wild

Pacific
1. Vegas Golden Knights
2. San Jose Sharks
3. Arizona Coyotes
4. Calgary Flames
5. Vancouver Canucks
6. Edmonton Oilers
7. Anaheim Ducks
8. Los Angeles Kings

Art Ross: Connor McDavid (122)
Rocket Richard: Alex Ovechkin (50)
Hart: Nathan Mackinnon (Auston Matthews, Connor McDavid)
Norris: Erik Karlsson (John Carlson, Morgan Rielly)
Vezina: Frederik Andersen (Ben Bishop, Carter Hart)
Calder: Kaapo Kakko (Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes)
Selke: Aleksander Barkov (Patrice Bergeron, Nicklas Backstrom)

Tampa vs Florida -- Lightning in 5
Toronto vs Boston -- Leafs in 7
Washington vs NYR -- Capitals in 7
Philadelphia vs Carolina -- Flyers in 6

Vegas vs St. Louis -- Golden Knights in 6
San Jose vs Arizona -- Sharks in 7
Winnipeg vs Colorado -- Avalanche in 7
Dallas vs Nashville - Stars in 5

Tampa vs Toronto -- Leafs in 7
Washington vs Philadelphia -- Capitals in 6

Vegas vs San Jose -- Sharks in 7
Dallas vs Colorado -- Stars in 6

Toronto vs Washington -- Leafs in 7
San Jose vs Dallas -- Sharks in 6

Toronto vs San Jose -- Leafs in 6
Toronto Maple Leafs
Conn Smythe: Auston Matthews

Bold predictions, but you never know. It was looking pretty realistic to me ...

until you picked Toronto winning the cup. Sticking Out Tongue
Jul. 9, 2019 at 2:42 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Bold predictions, but you never know. It was looking pretty realistic to me ...

until you picked Toronto winning the cup. Sticking Out Tongue

Haha, I love the makeup of the team (assuming Marner resigns). I think Mikheyev is going to have a real nice impact, and I love a Muzzin-Barrie second pairing. I like Matthews to take another step and be one of the game's top players this year, and a solid 65-70 point season from Nylander. I see Toronto being a team that can still outscore a lot of their defensive issues, but those issues have been significantly lessened. Muzzin will be better after having a full training camp with the team, and I think Dermott takes another step too. And maybe even Cody Ceci turns into a reliable defenseman for them. Someone like Chris Tanev can be added at the deadline to be partnered up with Rielly, and I think we're looking at a team that will easily be in Cup contention.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 6:15 a.m.
Crazy, but I don't think anyone of us picked OTT, DET, BUF, CBJ, PHI, CHI, MIN, LAK, ANA, VAN, or EDM to make the playoffs next season. I'm gonna make a sort of bold prediction and say that one of these 11 teams will make the playoffs. There's almost always one big surprise, right? Did anyone pick NYI to make it last season? Or COL the year before? No. Of these 11 I think CHI probably has the best shot. They can score and they play in a division w/ only 7 teams, which automatically increases their odds. I'll take PHI for my East long shot.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 6:19 a.m.

How many times has the President's Trophy winner lost in the opening round? What about getting swept in the opening round? Has it ever happened before? I really don't know.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Brian2016
Crazy, but I don't think anyone of us picked OTT, DET, BUF, CBJ, PHI, CHI, MIN, LAK, ANA, VAN, or EDM to make the playoffs next season. I'm gonna make a sort of bold prediction and say that one of these 11 teams will make the playoffs. There's almost always one big surprise, right? Did anyone pick NYI to make it last season? Or COL the year before? No. Of these 11 I think CHI probably has the best shot. They can score and they play in a division w/ only 7 teams, which automatically increases their odds. I'll take PHI for my East long shot.

Krak, RAIF, and Rodzik all have Philadelphia making the playoffs. I'm not nearly as high on them as everyone else is apparently.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
How many times has the President's Trophy winner lost in the opening round? What about getting swept in the opening round? Has it ever happened before? I really don't know.

First time for the Presidents' trophy winners to be SWEPT in the first round i believe.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Wow, such a bold prediction ... 1 of those 11 teams will make the playoffs. I'm going to predict that 16 team out of 31 make the playoffs. Bold! rolling eyes
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Haha, I love the makeup of the team (assuming Marner resigns). I think Mikheyev is going to have a real nice impact, and I love a Muzzin-Barrie second pairing. I like Matthews to take another step and be one of the game's top players this year, and a solid 65-70 point season from Nylander. I see Toronto being a team that can still outscore a lot of their defensive issues, but those issues have been significantly lessened. Muzzin will be better after having a full training camp with the team, and I think Dermott takes another step too. And maybe even Cody Ceci turns into a reliable defenseman for them. Someone like Chris Tanev can be added at the deadline to be partnered up with Rielly, and I think we're looking at a team that will easily be in Cup contention.

I completely agree they're a cup contender. I'm joking around because they haven't won since 1967 lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll