SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Dallas Stars signed Joe Pavelski (3 Years / $7,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 1, 2019 at 2:07 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
OVERPAYMENT

Compared to the Flyers signing Hayes for 7.16m X 7, Pavelski looks like a steal...still you statement might be right especially in year three.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 2:08 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
700K is a lot of money wink

They could have offered 5-6M.

He was allowed to make the decision. I'm not even a Sharks fan, i'm just saying i don't like the idea of leaving to play somewhere else as a captain. Doesn't the player have to agree to become the captain?

Yeah. So once you're captain the team is allowed to take advantage of you?
Jul. 1, 2019 at 2:14 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: jamnjon
As I said in my other post, he's a great player, great leader and I'm going to miss him in teal, but don't anticipate anywhere close to 38 goals again. Unsustainable shooting percentage + not having the same system designed around shots from the point aiming for tips/deflections, which is where 11 of his goals came from.

I'm not starting with negatives here. I'm considering him as a great TOP6 forward asset for us with the potential to reach 35+ goals since he's done it recently. If he can live up even close to these expectations, I'm exhilarated to have him in Dallas.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 2:24 p.m.
93in93
Quoting: Random2152
aav is pretty high for that term, but if he holds his form for even 3 of these years it'll be a good signing

It's only 3 years
Jul. 1, 2019 at 2:26 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: ninetythreein93
It's only 3 years

Woops that is supposed to be 2
Jul. 1, 2019 at 2:32 p.m.
Quoting: BurgerBoss
I'm not starting with negatives here. I'm considering him as a great TOP6 forward asset for us with the potential to reach 35+ goals since he's done it recently. If he can live up even close to these expectations, I'm exhilarated to have him in Dallas.

Much more realistically he's a 20-25 goal guy. That's nothing to scoff at, especially with his great leadership, but don't set your expectations too high.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 3:02 p.m.
Central Division is getting scarier by day... Next years like 7 teams will make it to the playoffs.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 4:28 p.m.
Spezza was making the same doing nothing. Even if Pavelski only manages 20 goals, that's a dozen more than Spezza had the last two seasons, lol.
Jul. 1, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Good move on the modified NTC so he can exposed I expansion draft
Jul. 1, 2019 at 6:11 p.m.
Quoting: moli92
1 or 2 years would've been better but the AAV is pretty low for a 35+ goal guy

Pavelski has been great for a number of years, but he will be 35 in a few days and shot over 20% last season. I doubt he breaks 30 goals this year. I hope that I am wrong, but this deal could look Spezza-light by year 3.
Jul. 2, 2019 at 11:08 p.m.
I'm not really upset about Joe leaving Sharks since he was always hurt or not producing when they needed him most... Too small to play in the west where the big boys play smile... Stars are smart to give him a shot at a decent cap hit... They were often weak since they lacked a decent defense, they had - ratings that looked like something would find from an expansion team... They improved the defense/got Vezina level goalie in Bishop building from net/blue line out... Though would always have that 1 line label of Benn/Seguin, Radalov w/ a few not chipping in quite enough... Joe can be a background player like Logan Couture who would often be guy that carried Sharks now... I forget who broke there hand in the fight w/ Richards if it was Pavelski or Logan... Either way he was one of my favorite Sharks players all time w/ Burns, Logan Couture, probably Jeff Friesen among others in that mix smile.

Good luck to Stars, I liked them from Minnesota North Stars w/ Carey or Casey whatever that gambling goalie's name was... He would do some aggressive stuff coming out of net, diving at people heh. Then they like split into Stars/Sharks, Belfour won Cup beating his backup goalie in Haskey so hopefully Bishop will get his Cup w/ Stars that eluded him on Tampa... He would always get hurt it seemed in the playoffs on some fluke freaking play saving a shot or somebody colliding with him...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit