(TOR/COL) - Kadri, Rosén 2020 3rd for Kerfoot, Barrie 2020 6th

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 15, 2022 at 11:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 15, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
hindsight. Let's not pretend Dubas or Sakic knew Kadri was capable of having a season like this.

The biggest loser is whoever pays for his next contract.

Got my prediction right here for the GM whose gonna do it

345px-Ron_Francis.jpg

Can already picture it

TSN at the start of 2022 offseason

Kadri signs a 8.8mx6 year deal with the Kraken.

Francis gonna run the Kraken into the ground lul
Saskleaf, Nqutilus, NoVaSpartan and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 15, 2022 at 11:32 p.m.
Go leafs go
hindsight. Let's not pretend Dubas or Sakic knew Kadri was capable of having

The biggest loser is whoever pays for his next contract.

I think he knows that. Almost everyone thought this trade was a leafs win when it happened.

Quoting: Nqutilus
I'm not saying that, I'm just reflecting and thinking how funny it is.

And yeah, that's gonna be a funny sweepstakes for Kadri...
Nqutilus, capsfan2121 and Tntpod liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Got my prediction right here for the GM whose gonna do it

345px-Ron_Francis.jpg

Can already picture it

TSN at the start of 2022 offseason

Kadri signs a 8.8mx6 year deal with the Kraken.

Francis gonna run the Kraken into the ground lul

Can he run them into the ground if they never get off the ground in the first place?
Saskleaf and Tntpod liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 2:05 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Rangsey
Can he run them into the ground if they never get off the ground in the first place?

They kind of did but then shot themselves in the foot. Like imagine not signing Grubauer and keeping Vanacek...

As Vanacek with their low shots allowed would thrive lul

My guess 0.925SV and 2.15 GAA
Saskleaf and Tntpod liked this.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 12:03 p.m.
retired
this was an avs win from day 1
Feb. 17, 2022 at 12:44 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: DirtyDangle

Feb. 17, 2022 at 1:08 p.m.
retired

how does that factor into the trade?
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:26 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:32 a.m.

As of rn nobody won this trade lul

Have the Avs got past round 2 with him...Nope
Have the Leafs done anything since this trade...Nope

In general its a draw. Both sides are benefitting from the respected players with no clear advantage. Now for terms of who actually wins its basically whoever wins the cup and or passes their playoff hurdle (Avs round 2/Leafs round 1) at this point.

Then again, Kadri might not even be with the Avs next year as he is rn pricing himself out of their range. So technically if he does leave Toronto won as Kerfoot will still be a Leaf. But we dont need to get into that stuff lul
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:33 a.m.
retired
As of rn nobody won this trade lul

Have the Avs got past round 2 with him...Nope
Have the Leafs done anything since this trade...Nope

Nobody won this trade its rn a Draw. Both sides are benefitting from the respected players. Now for terms of who actually wins its basically whoever wins the cup at this point.

Heck to put a damper on this Kadri might not even be with the Avs next year as he is rn pricing himself out of their range. So technically if he does leave Toronto won as Kerfoot will still be a Leaf.

lol wut? huge win for the avs. kadri is the clear cut best player in the deal and the avs have performed better. thats some terrible reasoning.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:37 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:43 a.m.
lol wut? huge win for the avs. kadri is the clear cut best player in the deal and the avs have performed better.

Nobody has won this trade. If you cant figure that out from a logical perspective rather than "this guy is getting more points so we win" I'm sorry I cant help you

To sum things up

Kadri has not helped the Avs have better post season success in fact he hurt them getting suspended

Kerfoot meanwhile has not helped Toronto either with their playoff issues

So in the end it does not matter whose doing better. Neither side has accomplished anything new in the post season. Kadri could get 100 points and get suspended in the playoffs like he always does or not help Colorado to get out of round 2. While Kerfoot could get 40 points but help the Leafs win a cup or go to the Finals. Will people care about Kadri having more points...No what will matter is the end game results.

Then again if you factor in Kadri is a UFA and could be playing his way out of Colorado as if he gets 100 points doubt they can afford him meanwhile Kerfoot is probs a Leaf for 2020-2023 technically making them the winner should this happen. But anyways thats the summed up version.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:44 a.m.
retired
Nobody has won this trade. If you cant figure that out im sorry I cant help you

Here is the jest of it

Kadri has not helped the Avs have better post season success in fact he hurt them getting suspended

So in the end it does not matter whose doing better. Neither side has accomplished anything new in the post season. Kadri could get 100 points and get suspended in the playoffs like he always does. While Kerfoot could get 40 points but help the Leafs win a cup. Will people care about Kadri having more points...No what will matter is the end game results.

lol avs won the trade.

kadri has performed fantastically for the avs during that contract. he's 5th in scoring in the league this season. that's incredible value for the avs.

kerfoot's been good but the difference between him and kadri is worth a lot more than than 75 games of barrie. barrie wasn't even good in toronto. avs walk away with foudy in top of that too.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:50 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
lol avs won the trade.

kadri has performed fantastically for the avs during that contract. he's 5th in scoring in the league this season. that's incredible value for the avs.

kerfoot's been good but the difference between him and kadri is worth a lot more than than 75 games of barrie. barrie wasn't even good in toronto. avs walk away with foudy in top of that too.

I can tell you dont understand so I will re-iterate

It does not matter how well player A does vs. player B what matters is the end result

What if Kadri gets 100 points but Colorado gets eliminated in Round 2 again meanwhile Toronto wins the Cup with Kerfoot being a factor. Who then wins this trade?

People wont be saying Colorado

So in the end its about the end results for the team including the post season and beyond. Kadri can get 100 points but not help the team get out of round 2 while Kerfoot could get 40 and get the Leafs a cup.

In general you can think what you want but the Majority of people on this site agree rn its a Draw.

Heck could become a Leafs win if Kadri leaves via FA as its not gonna be easy for Avs to afford him especially if he does get 100 points.

Anyways if you cant understand after this I cant help you
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
retired

It does not matter how well player A does vs. player B what matters is the end result

What if Kadri gets 100 points but Toronto wins the cup and Kerfoot was a factor who won the trade...

People wont be saying Colorado as did Kadri help them win anything...Nope

So in the end its about the end results for the team. Kadri can get 100 points but not help the team get out of round 2 while Kerfoot could get 40 and get the Leafs a cup.

In general you can think what you want but the Majority of people on this site agree rn its a Draw.

avs are winning it by a wide margin as it stands now. you're going to deep into the weeds. let me put it this way. would you trade nylander and a 3rd for kerfoot and barrie?
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:58 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
avs are winning it by a wide margin as it stands now. you're going to deep into the weeds. let me put it this way. would you trade nylander and a 3rd for kerfoot and barrie?

If it guaranteed the Leafs winning the cup that year absolutely lul
Feb. 18, 2022 at 1:00 a.m.
retired
If it guaranteed the Leafs winning the cup that year absolutely lul

there never is any guarantees. i'd much rather have nylander + 3rd than kerfoot and barrie.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 22, 2022 at 12:14 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Where are all those people who said Dubas is a bad GM? I'd love to hear their takes on this one

time did the telling
Saskleaf and DirtyDangle liked this.
Jun. 22, 2022 at 12:44 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Wqrrior
time did the telling

Would be more concerned with your 2 teams then about Toronto lul

As Dubas made a trade that still is in the potential to not pan out but its not as bad as what Benning or Fletcher have done lul
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 22, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
Would be more concerned with your 2 teams then about Toronto lul

As Dubas made a trade that still is in the potential to not pan out but its not as bad as what Benning or Fletcher have done lul

what's the relevance?
Jun. 26, 2022 at 11:19 p.m.
1-0 them
Avs win got a cup
Nqutilus, Saskleaf and DirtyDangle liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:19 a.m.
Jones is Underpaid
Well I suppose this is an undeniable Avs trade W here.
Saskleaf and DirtyDangle liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: BlackwoodForVezina
Avs win got a cup

Yup. At the time, it seemed like a good deal for the leafs, and depending on what happens to Kerfoot, it still could be an ok deal. But it is absolutely and undoubtedly a massive win for the avs as they got a 87 point scorer and a stanley cup. It will be an even more resounding win if they resign him to a reasonable contract. Anyone who says the leafs won are biased leafs homers.
JackForHart and Nqutilus liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
Bedard23
Nazem Kadri is the leafs new Phil Kessel
DirtyDangle liked this.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 3:32 a.m.
retired

always was.

lots of people here got some ass kissin to do.
Nqutilus liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:49 p.m.
Nobody has won this trade. If you cant figure that out from a logical perspective rather than "this guy is getting more points so we win" I'm sorry I cant help you

To sum things up

So in the end it does not matter whose doing better. Neither side has accomplished anything new in the post season. Kadri could get 100 points and get suspended in the playoffs like he always does or not help Colorado to get out of round 2. While Kerfoot could get 40 points but help the Leafs win a cup or go to the Finals. Will people care about Kadri having more points...No what will matter is the end game results.

Then again if you factor in Kadri is a UFA and could be playing his way out of Colorado as if he gets 100 points doubt they can afford him meanwhile Kerfoot is probs a Leaf for 2020-2023 technically making them the winner should this happen. But anyways thats the summed up version.

What if Kadri gets 100 points but Colorado gets eliminated in Round 2 again meanwhile Toronto wins the Cup with Kerfoot being a factor. Who then wins this trade?

People wont be saying Colorado

So in the end its about the end results for the team including the post season and beyond. Kadri can get 100 points but not help the team get out of round 2 while Kerfoot could get 40 and get the Leafs a cup.

Heck could become a Leafs win if Kadri leaves via FA as its not gonna be easy for Avs to afford him especially if he does get 100 points.

Anyways if you cant understand after this I cant help you

always was.

lots of people here got some ass kissin to do.

Do you understand now Mr. leaf fan? As it turns out, trading worse players for better ones makes your team better. I’m surprised “you couldn’t figure that out from a logical perspective”.

You ready to eat your own words yet?
Aug. 18, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: SadlyAnOilFan
Do you understand now Mr. leaf fan? As it turns out, trading worse players for better ones makes your team better. I’m surprised “you couldn’t figure that out from a logical perspective”.

You ready to eat your own words yet?

Guess Oilers news is slow today as commenting on a trade that happened years ago based on 2 teams yah dont cheer for highlights this lul

Trade could have went either way depending on the series went Colorado finally won on the final year of the deal so congrats but now Kadri is a Flame and oh wait a second Kerfoot is still a leaf so in technical terms both teams won as Colorado got a cup but Toronto still has the player they traded for on their team who they can use in their pursuit.

But in the end lets be honest CGY lost it all as that term be an anchor

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit