Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/COL) - Kadri, Rosén 2020 3rd for Kerfoot, Barrie 2020 6th

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 18, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: mondo
hindsight. Let's not pretend Dubas or Sakic knew Kadri was capable of having a season like this.

The biggest loser is whoever pays for his next contract.

calgary loses the trade i guess
aadoyle and RawDeal liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 10:56 p.m.
WentWughes
calgary loses the trade i guess

Too be fair it wasn't the 9 or 10 Million we were expecting. Contract term is bad, but the AAV is actually way lower than I think he could've gotten.
Saskleaf and RawDeal liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
Go leafs go
To all the people trying to say that the leafs won because they still have Kerfoot and Kadri is with Calgary now, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Saskleaf
To all the people trying to say that the leafs won because they still have Kerfoot and Kadri is with Calgary now, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

no one is saying this here
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 10:21 a.m.
Go leafs go
no one is saying this here

Well, trying to justify it then. I don’t know.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Saskleaf
Well, trying to justify it then. I don’t know.

final verdict on this trade is it was fine at the time but it turned out really bad. kadri did more for the avs than kerfoot/barrie did for the leafs; simple as that.

people are going to bring it up until the heat death of the universe because it made dubas the leafs look bad.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
final verdict on this trade is it was fine at the time but it turned out really bad. kadri did more for the avs than kerfoot/barrie did for the leafs; simple as that.

people are going to bring it up until the heat death of the universe because it made dubas the leafs look bad.

I mean you win a cup you (mostly) win a trade end of story but I would like to just add this here:

Barrie was a flop and Kerf (while perfectly fine) hasn't hit his top end potential.

I will just say that people's opinion on this move are REALLY influenced by recency bias. Naz had a crazy bounceback year after some pretty sharp and steady decline in Colorado - now entirely forgotten by most in addition to his 3rd suspension costing a team a playoff series.

The trade certainly didn't work out for Toronto (duh) but a lot of people are pretending to be much smarter than they actually are when discussing it. It wasn't nearly as bad a trade as they pretend it was and those same people will often turn around and advocate for making a similar one today (usually involving nylander).
Aug. 22, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
Go leafs go

Ya, I agree with everything you said here.

As @Random2152 said, when you win the cup, you almost always win the trade. This trade is not an exception to that rule because Kadri was a major part of that team and neither of Kerfoot or Barrie have provided anywhere close to the same as Kadri did on the avs.

Back to my original point, depending on exactly what Kerfoot gets, it doesn’t matter that he is still one the leafs while Kadri walked. The avs still won.
RawDeal liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 9:36 p.m.
Farewell
Pretty amazing how this trade turned out in hindsight compared to what people thought at the time, eh?
FanOfAllTeams and RawDeal liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 9:53 p.m.
FanOfAllTeams
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Pretty amazing how this trade turned out in hindsight compared to what people thought at the time, eh?

This didn’t age the greatest for leafs fans did it?
Sep. 2, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: FanOfAllTeams
This didn’t age the greatest for leafs fans did it?

Where Toronto failed on this trade has nothing to do with Kadri or Kerfoot. Their mistake was overvaluing Barrie. He consistently put up elite offensive numbers in Colorado and the thinking was that it was going to take $8M per year to extend him. Toronto needed a quick fix on defence but had no cap space with which to do it, so getting an $8M defenseman for a year at only $2.75M cap hit seemed like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. The problem was, he wasn’t that good. I don’t know who his partner was in Colorado, but it must have been somebody like Jaccob Slavin who makes whoever he’s playing with better.
Feb. 8 at 3:17 p.m.
sen krak fan
Looking back, the avelanche definitely won this trade.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit