Forums/Armchair-GM

Blackhawks best case scenario as of 7219 Not saying this will happen

Created by: Ryguy
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 2, 2019
Published: Jul. 2, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is what I believe the blackhawks best case, realistic scenario would be. I am not say that this will happen 100%. I hope so though.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Dach, Kirby
3$850,000
Vlassic, Alex
3$700,000
Trades
FLA
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (CHI)
  3. 2022 2nd round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. 2021 6th round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. Seabrook, Brent
  2. 2021 5th round pick (CHI)
  3. 2022 1st round pick (CHI)
  4. 2022 4th round pick (CHI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$63,079,186$0$3,015,000$18,420,814
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$5,187,500$5,187,500
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$753,333$753,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 2, 2019 at 9:27 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I have better chance of playing for the Sens than NTC Seabrook has.
Jul. 2, 2019 at 9:32 p.m.
Edited Jul. 3, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Ok
Jul. 2, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
Nope.

Let's start with signings... probably a touch heavy on Perlini, but no real complaints. Dach will get a max ELC at 925k. Vlasic is probably at minimum 2 years away from signing because he's going to school and once he signs he has to turn pro. Unlike the case for Boqvist and Beaudin. And don't forget about Ian Mitchell.

The trades, I don't mind the Anisimov trade. But I don't think Florida does it. They're desperate to make the playoffs ASAP. So in that respect it's Hoffman and Anisimov. Hoffman helps the playoff run more. Come trade deadline time and if they're out of it...that's when Hoffman gets dealt.

The Seabrook deal.... He has a NO TRADE CLAUSE. There is zero incentive for Seabrook to move further away from home to a rebuilding team that isn't close to being competitive. Best hope is come Seattle expansion you can get rid of him then...or there's another round of compliance buyouts if/when they opt out of the CBA.

Onto the roster. Let's assume your deals happen. Why on Earth would you put Drake freaking Caggiula on the top line when you have Mike Hoffman? Caggiula is a bottom 6 player. He's a nice player, but he shouldn't play on the top line especially if it's over a guy like Hoffman. I would actually pull Kane away from Debrincat if you had Hoffman. And swap him and Saad. You'd leave Strome too exposed on D. I would keep Saarela on the left side, if not swap him for Kubalik and I'd move Kampf to the right. Both positions those guys are more comfortable with.

On D.... If you're keeping Gus, leave him with Keith. Pair Murphy with Maatta. They both rank high in D zone starts and why tax Jokiharju when you don't have to. Pair Jokiharju with DeHaan. Gustafson has played more RD than DeHaan.
Jul. 2, 2019 at 9:46 p.m.
Quoting: Ryguy
Well here is the thing. Most people dont know this but Seabrook has given the Blackhawks organization a list of teams that he would be okay with being traded too in order for him to waive his own NMC. Which is why the team was trying to trade him to the Canucks during the NHL draft this year. The Ottawa Senators are one of those teams. In fact every Canadian team was on his list. (I assume if he leaves Chicago he wants to go back home to Canada). It is an unofficial P-NMC if you will. Also the only reason I know this is because one of my friends dad is extremely close pals with Stan Bowman the Hawks GM.

If the last statement is true....DO NOT POST THAT HERE. Delete or edit. Trust me. I know from personal experience. Someone on the team will see it, and they will be livid. If it hasn't been reported, consider that info privleged and it hasn't been reported for a reason.

The deal with Vancouver was swapping 3 for 10 in exchange for taking Seabrook. Vancouver laughed.
Jul. 3, 2019 at 12:39 a.m.
Cap Space is not a player. It could be a player, but Cap Space does not check anyone, score goals, etc. If one is going to propose a cap dump trade, feel free to use it to say sign Dzingel or trade for Gusev, etc.

The Blackhawks are not in cap hell anymore. After years of being up against the cap, I know it's tough to adjust to this new reality, even if they have trouble next offseason with Strome & Debrincat plus goalie. There's a new CBA coming, where there might be a new buyout. There's going to be a new TV deal in a few years which should push the cap up higher. What I'm getting at is by the time the Blackhawks have put enough of a sweetener for another team to take on Seabrook's cap hit & play him on bottom pair, it's not really worth it for the Blackhawks, especially because it's not really a pressing issue & it's likely going to become less of an issue in a few years.

I don't
Jul. 3, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.
Quoting: Rusty_Shackelford
Nope.

Let's start with signings... probably a touch heavy on Perlini, but no real complaints. Dach will get a max ELC at 925k. Vlasic is probably at minimum 2 years away from signing because he's going to school and once he signs he has to turn pro. Unlike the case for Boqvist and Beaudin. And don't forget about Ian Mitchell.

The trades, I don't mind the Anisimov trade. But I don't think Florida does it. They're desperate to make the playoffs ASAP. So in that respect it's Hoffman and Anisimov. Hoffman helps the playoff run more. Come trade deadline time and if they're out of it...that's when Hoffman gets dealt.

The Seabrook deal.... He has a NO TRADE CLAUSE. There is zero incentive for Seabrook to move further away from home to a rebuilding team that isn't close to being competitive. Best hope is come Seattle expansion you can get rid of him then...or there's another round of compliance buyouts if/when they opt out of the CBA.

The reason the lines are the way they are is to spread out the quality playere to each line. Drake played very well with Toews last year and the hawks need to develop him..... can cant be developed properly playing on the 4th line. I put Maata and Henri Jokiharju on the same line bc they played together and grew up in Sweden (chemistry). The lines are always subject to chnage for any team. As you know teams changes lines every game almost. Also Seabrook is willing to move hos NMC if he likes the team that will take him. And I did state earlier that this was not a 100% accurate prediction -- this was a best case scenario with some luck. Dane Tallon qand bowman are friends and would likely trade with eachother which is why that trade holds water i think.
Jul. 3, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.
Theres
Quoting: Ryguy

So, first off Maatta and Jokiharju are from Finland. Not Sweden. And they grew up 5 hours apart from one another. Second, theyre 5 years apart and have literally never played together....ever. A 15 year old isnt going to play in a U-20 tournament. Even the last world championships that Jokiharju was a part of which was his first...Maatta wasnt on the team.

Caggiula is 25 with 3 full years of NHL experience. His game is his game.

Who's Dane Tallon?
Jul. 3, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: RamonDaze
Cap Space is not a player. It could be a player, but Cap Space does not check anyone, score goals, etc. If one is going to propose a cap dump trade, feel free to use it to say sign Dzingel or trade for Gusev, etc.

The Blackhawks are not in cap hell anymore. After years of being up against the cap, I know it's tough to adjust to this new reality, even if they have trouble next offseason with Strome & Debrincat plus goalie. There's a new CBA coming, where there might be a new buyout. There's going to be a new TV deal in a few years which should push the cap up higher. What I'm getting at is by the time the Blackhawks have put enough of a sweetener for another team to take on Seabrook's cap hit & play him on bottom pair, it's not really worth it for the Blackhawks, especially because it's not really a pressing issue & it's likely going to become less of an issue in a few years.

I don't

The Hawks have a million in cap space. They have 11 million coming off the books next year, but they need to spend 15 million to resign Strome and Debrincat. Theyll have to trade one of Saad, Anisimov, or Seabrook to make it work as it is. You'd have to trade Anisimov to sign Dzingel. Theyre not in cap hell...but they dont have the spaced to sign a 5mil player.
Jul. 3, 2019 at 2:59 p.m.
Go Jets, Go Hawks
Something I rarely see discussed in the "trade Seabrook" sage, though I bring it up almost every time i see it on these boards is the expansion draft. Seabrook, with his no trade clause HAS to be protected in the expansion draft under the same rules of the Vegas draft. If I'm a GM in the league, the going rate to take your cap problem is 1 first round pick and possibly a prospect.....with the possibility of losing a decent player in the expansion draft, the cost of taking on Seabrook is now an additional 1st round pick after the draft. Bottom line is, I wouldn't take Seabrook without 2 1st round picks additionally. The Hawks are not going to give that up, especially when you might be able to to get Vancouver at the expansion draft to take Seabrook with just 1, 1st round bribe.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll