SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Ben Chiarot (3 Years / $3,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 4, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: Icegirl
Chiarot isn't that good, and the $$ is too much imo. He's fine as a bottom pairing dman, but he is not better than Benn. (He is younger though.)

Chiarot is definitely better than Benn in every aspect.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: HabsForEver

I think he's better than Benn.
HabsForEver and Trickster liked this.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
I feel like MB still has moves to make on the back-end, we still need a top 2 pairing LHD. We should also target Dzingel or Ferland for the absence of Shaw, unless they plan on Suzuki as well as Poehling both making the roster their first year? Wouldn't hate to see it but worst case ontario one of them gets major development in the AlwaysHungryLeague
Jul. 4, 2019 at 12:45 p.m.
Quoting: Mang
I feel like MB still has moves to make on the back-end, we still need a top 2 pairing LHD. We should also target Dzingel or Ferland for the absence of Shaw, unless they plan on Suzuki as well as Poehling both making the roster their first year? Wouldn't hate to see it but worst case ontario one of them gets major development in the AlwaysHungryLeague

We don't need anymore forwards. Shaw was traded because there was no room for him. The forwards are set. I believe the defense is also set unless we plan on making a trade where we trade 2 defenders on our team for a better one. We have depth for days.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 12:50 p.m.
Quoting: Karimizo
I guess it means habs are out on Gardiner then. Or maybe they never were interested.

Oh no. That means the jets are one of the 3ish teams left who are in on him. Please no jets. PLEASE. We do not have the cap structure
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:07 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
3.5 per does seem a little high but I like him.
He is a solid D man.

Looks like for sure they are out on Gardiner though.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
3.5 per does seem a little high but I like him.
He is a solid D man.

Looks like for sure they are out on Gardiner though.

Apparently they are still in on Gardiner whiCH I find ridiculous
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:48 p.m.
J.L.
Not really. Physical defender that compliments Petry perfectly. The AAV isn't bad for a 2nd pairing defender.

Quoting: Jetman
He had a decent year with points too....a physical stay at home D who got 20 points, never on the PP...

Wasn't he a 3rd pairing d-man at best?
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
We don't need anymore forwards. Shaw was traded because there was no room for him. The forwards are set. I believe the defense is also set unless we plan on making a trade where we trade 2 defenders on our team for a better one. We have depth for days.

Looks like a roster that won't make it past the first round
Jul. 4, 2019 at 2:02 p.m.
Quoting: drewjenks
How could they still get Aho?

carolina's fax machine not working one minute before the deadline. That's how they could still get him lol
Jul. 4, 2019 at 2:37 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: JonJon
Wasn't he a 3rd pairing d-man at best?

No, the last few years he was on the 2nd pair with Byfuglien...hence why his point totals have gone up each year.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 4:07 p.m.
J.L.
Quoting: Jetman
No, the last few years he was on the 2nd pair with Byfuglien...hence why his point totals have gone up each year.

Well in that case it's a big loss (another one) to the Jets. You think they're after Gardiner now?
Jul. 4, 2019 at 4:09 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: JonJon
Well in that case it's a big loss (another one) to the Jets. You think they're after Gardiner now?

If he wants 3M per year....By the looks of it it will be Morrissey, Niku, Kulikov and Beaulieu on the left side...Potentially either Kulikov or Niku on the right at that....Pending if the Jets trade for a RD
Jul. 4, 2019 at 4:45 p.m.
I don't know how much his numbers were affected by deployment and who he was on ice with, but I'd be cautiosly optimistic about this as a Habs fan. The term is a bit worrying, but not terrible. By all logic this should work fine.
jpsnow13 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 6:02 p.m.
Not yet trannycided

Chiarot is a possession black hole. Benn was a possession machine last year.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 10:48 p.m.
Alzner 2.0?
Jul. 4, 2019 at 10:49 p.m.

He better be a big improvement over Benn, lol.
HabsForEver liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 9:44 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: EmpressKayla
Chiarot is a possession black hole. Benn was a possession machine last year.

Quoting: Brian2016
Alzner 2.0?

Went back to see what people were saying about Chiarot signing since he was so good on the first pair this year.

Funny how your comment is the same as what some people are saying about Edmundson right now.

It gives me hope that advanced stats and prior responsabilities dont give out the full picture of a player's potential...
HabsForEver liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: jpsnow13
Went back to see what people were saying about Chiarot signing since he was so good on the first pair this year.

Funny how your comment is the same as what some people are saying about Edmundson right now.

It gives me hope that advanced stats and prior responsabilities dont give out the full picture of a player's potential...

Yep, I was wrong! Chiarot was a super nice surprise on the stat sheet this year.

For those who watched MTL closely: was Chiarot carried by Weber mostly, or did he do it mostly himself?
Sep. 16, 2020 at 11:30 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Yep, I was wrong! Chiarot was a super nice surprise on the stat sheet this year.

For those who watched MTL closely: was Chiarot carried by Weber mostly, or did he do it mostly himself?

He looked good all around. Actually he started the year on the 2nd pair with Petry and was bumped on the 1st mid-season because of his good performances.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.

He earned what he got. Was not a reliability
PrincessChloe liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 7:42 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13

I was merely asking the question since I hardly ever see WPG games on tv. Edmundson scored 7G this year and had a career year offensively. His stock is very high right now. Alzner was also coming off a big year with WASH when MB signed him. I don't think the Edmundson deal will blow up in MB's face like Alzner, but I don't like the cap management.
jpsnow13 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit