Marners, Dog
$700,000$700,000
Ferris, Darren
$700,000$700,000
Marners, Neighbour
$700,000$700,000
Dregers, Mom
$700,000$700,000
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I thought Darren Dregger was Paul Marner....
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 12:02 a.m.
Mitch Marner will continue to out point Matthews thru out their stay on the Leafs, Matthews will be gone before the end of his contract, that's a fact.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 12:04 a.m.
Jacob Smells
im just happy we still have nathan horton
Jul. 5, 2019 at 12:07 a.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Do you think leafs fans will end up resenting Marner by the end of it?
Jul. 5, 2019 at 12:32 a.m.
Quoting: CFMan

The important is that they deliver after making a scene with their contract. It's much harder to perform when the expectations are set so high, which is why I don't understand the behaviour of these players, and of their parents. It's usually more rewarding to exceed expectations, rather than having the sensation that you're not achieving at the level you're paid. Like Nylander last year. It must have been difficult psychologically.

Say what you will about Tavares, but he did live up to the expectations of his big contract, and ostensibly worked really hard for it. If Matthews and Marner do the same, fans will forget all this saga very quickly.
CFMan, Sign_em_up000000, blowing_the_zone and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 12:41 a.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
That's the level of pettiness and anger that I love seeing here <3
Jul. 5, 2019 at 12:44 a.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Quoting: leaflet
The important is that they deliver after making a scene with their contract. It's much harder to perform when the expectations are set so high, which is why I don't understand the behaviour of these players, and of their parents. It's usually more rewarding to exceed expectations, rather than having the sensation that you're not achieving at the level you're paid. Like Nylander last year. It must have been difficult psychologically.

Say what you will about Tavares, but he did live up to the expectations of his big contract, and ostensibly worked really hard for it. If Matthews and Marner do the same, fans will forget all this saga very quickly.

very well said. I think Tavares has earned his contract, but I dont think Matthews/Marner have (yet).
Sign_em_up000000 and leaflet liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 1:41 a.m.

Yup, what he said. lol
leaflet liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 2:02 a.m.
Jack Armstrong would look at your created list and say get that garbage ouuta here lol
Jul. 5, 2019 at 2:29 a.m.
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-C2-uatyE

these parents have put their lives into their kids careers. They put their savings in it, the sacrifice. You never played, that's pretty clear. If you did you would know all too well what people go through and why they want their kids paid.

His father went to every game, paid for every trip, out of his own pocket. Sacrificed so much so Mitch could have this opportunity to make that bank and live his dream.
Period.
Good for his father to be the guy who is smart enough to get it. To make sure someone isn't low balling him or taking advantage of him. To make sure his kid actually gets fair value for what he brings to the ice.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 8:19 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: CFMan

Yes....but probably only if missing any games in October. Nylander has poor play at least right now is considered not the golden boy now but just an overpaid player. Now that can change if he production matches his salary. There might be more resentment towards Dubas iif the Leafs overpay another RFA.

Now I really don't care if player doesn't sign with this "his team", or signs an offer sheet or plays in Europe. It's the players moral and contractual right to do what he wants. But it's the team has the same rights to only sign player that want and to the contracts they want.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 9:47 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-C2-uatyE

these parents have put their lives into their kids careers. They put their savings in it, the sacrifice. You never played, that's pretty clear. If you did you would know all too well what people go through and why they want their kids paid.

His father went to every game, paid for every trip, out of his own pocket. Sacrificed so much so Mitch could have this opportunity to make that bank and live his dream.
Period.
Good for his father to be the guy who is smart enough to get it. To make sure someone isn't low balling him or taking advantage of him. To make sure his kid actually gets fair value for what he brings to the ice.

Ahh yes. Devils advocate. awesome face

I'm pretty sure you could tally up every dollar spent, assign a dollar value to those hard hours put in and give a very generous bonus for their years of sacrifice and it wouldn't touch remotely close to the value the players are signing for so pardonez-moi but cry me a river. (Those parents)
blowing_the_zone and leaflet liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco
Ahh yes. Devils advocate. awesome face

I'm pretty sure you could tally up every dollar spent, assign a dollar value to those hard hours put in and give a very generous bonus for their years of sacrifice and it wouldn't touch remotely close to the value the players are signing for so pardonez-moi but cry me a river. (Those parents)

Yeah it's really easy to say that........you didn't spend your life doing it.
People are always so easy to discount what everyone else does. But when it's their time and money......watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul. 5, 2019 at 6:57 p.m.
Yeah it's really easy to say that........you didn't spend your life doing it.
People are always so easy to discount what everyone else does. But when it's their time and money......watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you serious right now? I could assign a 50K salary to every year of my life with a 50K bonus every other year and still not be close to one year of of this potential contract...... I think people have a hard time imagining how much 10M dollars is.....

We're not talking about people going to war sacrificing their lives or anything. The Marner's path these past years, however arduous, doesn't compare to the many who have lifes ten times harder than theirs.

Not saying sacrifices weren't made and hard hours weren't put in. I'm saying if their mentality is "we put so much work into this that we're going to squeeze every drop we can", than frankly they need to walk in some of the less fortunate's shoes.
blowing_the_zone liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 7:03 p.m.
Are you serious right now? I could assign a 50K salary to every year of my life with a 50K bonus every other year and still not be close to one year of of this potential contract...... I think people have a hard time imagining how much 10M dollars is.....

We're not talking about people going to war sacrificing their lives or anything. The Marner's path these past years, however arduous, doesn't compare to the many who have lifes ten times harder than theirs.

Not saying sacrifices weren't made and hard hours weren't put in. I'm saying if their mentality is "we put so much work into this that we're going to squeeze every drop we can", than frankly they need to walk in some of the less fortunate's shoes.

One of the best posts I've read on this site. Nicely done!
Jul. 5, 2019 at 10:57 p.m.
Banned

This is the dumbest quote ever.
Just because that seems fair to you, doesn't mean it is actually fair.
Those owners are making millions on the backs of these kids. You think, oh 50,000 a year is just fine. You got paid.
seriously, go jump off a bridge with that.
Fair has nothing to do with your view of life. At all. It has everything to do with the amount of money generated by the people actually playing the games and making sure they are getting their fair slice of it.
THEY did the hard part, they get the reward. Period.
Don't think for one moment the millionaire team owners don't feel the same way about how they earned their money.
Like I said. People like you under value everyone's work, but when it comes to their own....watch out.
You never did anything in your life that generates millions and millions of dollars. If you did and someone handed you 50,000 you'd tell them to GFO with that.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 11:14 p.m.
This is the dumbest quote ever.
Just because that seems fair to you, doesn't mean it is actually fair.
Those owners are making millions on the backs of these kids. You think, oh 50,000 a year is just fine. You got paid.
seriously, go jump off a bridge with that.
Fair has nothing to do with your view of life. At all. It has everything to do with the amount of money generated by the people actually playing the games and making sure they are getting their fair slice of it.
THEY did the hard part, they get the reward. Period.
Don't think for one moment the millionaire team owners don't feel the same way about how they earned their money.
Like I said. People like you under value everyone's work, but when it comes to their own....watch out.
You never did anything in your life that generates millions and millions of dollars. If you did and someone handed you 50,000 you'd tell them to GFO with that.

Haha okay, man. No one is defending the owners here. Simply pointing out why I think the players mentalities has more to do with upping their friends salaries than getting what they "deserve" because of the hard work and sacrifices their families had to make.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 11:28 p.m.
Banned
Haha okay, man. No one is defending the owners here. Simply pointing out why I think the players mentalities has more to do with upping their friends salaries than getting what they "deserve" because of the hard work and sacrifices their families had to make.

It has nothing to do with their friends. They don't care what their friends make, they are most likely happy for them. It has everything to do with the fact that they put all the sacrifice in to get Marner there, and then someone else is going to reap the rewards off him, and not give him his value of all the cash generated off his play. I don't know why you don't get that. They are making money hand over fist with him on the ice. They want their piece of it. It's the same in every single sports league. Players want their part of all the money they are generating. Without them, there is nothing.
Jul. 6, 2019 at 7:36 p.m.
It has nothing to do with their friends. They don't care what their friends make, they are most likely happy for them. It has everything to do with the fact that they put all the sacrifice in to get Marner there, and then someone else is going to reap the rewards off him, and not give him his value of all the cash generated off his play. I don't know why you don't get that. They are making money hand over fist with him on the ice. They want their piece of it. It's the same in every single sports league. Players want their part of all the money they are generating. Without them, there is nothing.

Ya ya ya. I get it. rolling eyes
blowing_the_zone liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll