Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Pittsburgh Penguins look like they will be bad, same with
New York Islanders who had a bad off-season, and we're really lucky last season
Winnipeg Jets defense looks bad
Columbus Blue Jackets well...

Islanders had a high shooting percentage
Jul. 7, 2019 at 12:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
When you say "good" team does this mean someone who was good in 2018-19?
Jul. 7, 2019 at 2:25 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
When you say "good" team does this mean someone who was good in 2018-19?

Yeah, or look like they will be good, like the kings
Jul. 7, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Leafs. Those new contracts...paying Matthew, Nylander and Marner (maybe) really has affected the cap for this year. Gardiner, Hainsey and Zaitsev were good for the Leafs last year. Having Barrie, Ceci and the unknown 800,000 Dman may not good enough to allow the Leafs to be as good as last year. IMO Leafs are going to really work to make the playoffs.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 3:15 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: palhal
Leafs. Those new contracts...paying Matthew, Nylander and Marner (maybe) really has affected the cap for this year. Gardiner, Hainsey and Zaitsev were good for the Leafs last year. Having Barrie, Ceci and the unknown 800,000 Dman may not good enough to allow the Leafs to be as good as last year. IMO Leafs are going to really work to make the playoffs.

Not at all. A team with Anderson, Taveres, Barrie, Marner, MAthews, Reily, Nylander, Muzzin, Mikelev, AND if there is a Kapenen-Kerfoot-Johnson line, one of the best third lines in the leauge, will make the playoffs.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not at all. A team with Anderson, Taveres, Barrie, Marner, MAthews, Reily, Nylander, Muzzin, Mikelev, AND if there is a Kapenen-Kerfoot-Johnson line, one of the best third lines in the leauge, will make the playoffs.

Who is Mikelev?
Jul. 7, 2019 at 3:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Idk if Montreal is expected to make the playoffs or not but they came close this past year and i'm not too sure about them. I'll make full predictions soon, though, and i'll think about it more.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Who is Mikelev?

Mikelev looked good in the kfl
Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:05 p.m.

Especially if FLA lives up to their potential. They're pretty stacked in their top six. A lot of things went right for TOR last season.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:17 p.m.
In the East, PIT will miss the playoffs next season. In the West, I wanna say WPG will miss, but they still have an elite offense. They could sneak in. Right now I think DAL, COL, and STL are all definitively better than the Jets and NSH is about the same.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.

The Leafs' offense is elite. That's not up for debate. But they play in the. most top-heavy division and finishing top 3 will be very difficult.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:24 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Brian2016
Especially if FLA lives up to their potential. They're pretty stacked in their top six. A lot of things went right for TOR last season.

a lot of things went wrong too. A bunch of players had the flu, and they had multiple scary slumps. they were playing very bad down the stretch. Even if florida makes it to the top three, at least 2 teams will miss the playoffs that made it last year. toronto top 6 is more stacked, has almost as good defense, and goaltending is a little bit worse.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:31 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
The Leafs' offense is elite. That's not up for debate. But they play in the. most top-heavy division and finishing top 3 will be very difficult.

they dont have to finish in the top three.

In the East, PIT will miss the playoffs next season. In the West, I wanna say WPG will miss, but they still have an elite offense. They could sneak in. Right now I think DAL, COL, and STL are all definitively better than the Jets and NSH is about the same.

nsh could miss, NYI could miss too. Vegas, though unlikely, seems to want to completly change the team every year. their defense looks very weak too.
Brian2016 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:38 p.m.
I voted for Jets since they seem in a shambles looking at what they call a blue line wink. They were pretty deep w/ right shot D-men now they got like Pionk and Buf smile? Their left defense was nothing special or who they played were not the best... Even that is weaker... I don't see them making playoffs, I think they will be more akin to team that were prior to goalie playing well enough to win Vezina... That was a shock to me but Vegas overshadowed them by being expansion team who would have won President Trophy if not for Reaves getting traded to team... Funny no team from EAst has won Cup since Cap who won President Trophy with I think Rangers being only team in East to do it at all... Red Wings I think were in West when they won it... Not sure if Oilers or some other team was in EAst for an odd reason at time they won off hand though smile.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 12:07 a.m.
Quoting: Daoloth
I voted for Jets since they seem in a shambles looking at what they call a blue line wink. They were pretty deep w/ right shot D-men now they got like Pionk and Buf smile? Their left defense was nothing special or who they played were not the best... Even that is weaker... I don't see them making playoffs, I think they will be more akin to team that were prior to goalie playing well enough to win Vezina... That was a shock to me but Vegas overshadowed them by being expansion team who would have won President Trophy if not for Reaves getting traded to team... Funny no team from EAst has won Cup since Cap who won President Trophy with I think Rangers being only team in East to do it at all... Red Wings I think were in West when they won it... Not sure if Oilers or some other team was in EAst for an odd reason at time they won off hand though smile.

Trouba wanted out of WPG and they couldn't really afford to overpay Myers. They were in a very difficult situation.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 12:20 a.m.
Trouba wanted out of WPG and they couldn't really afford to overpay Myers. They were in a very difficult situation.

Jets had years to get a better return for Trouba only to panic essentially getting back pick they traded to obtain Hayes... So they almost traded TRouba to their own team unless Pionk pans out its a real bust for them... Myers I was never high on since that weird injury issues changed him... I can only vote in the poll, Jets still not out of woods if Kings offer sheet Laine or somebody else... They should have won Cup when had Stastny now I don't even think they will make playoffs perhaps dropping to last place if not careful in division smile. I'm just one who wished TRouba ended up on team I like, least I can see him play if I want though smile...
Jan. 6, 2020 at 11:18 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now

You were almost correct
Jan. 7, 2020 at 11:35 a.m.
You were almost correct

Season is only half over.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 7:57 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I wouldn’t call the Islanders lucky. They just have really good coaching and really good goaltending. Pittsburgh has proved this year that they aren’t a bad team, staying in the playoff race while being decimated by injuries.
Jan. 9, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I wouldn’t call the Islanders lucky. They just have really good coaching and really good goaltending. Pittsburgh has proved this year that they aren’t a bad team, staying in the playoff race while being decimated by injuries.

That prediction is from 6 months ago so...
Jan. 9, 2020 at 4:26 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
That prediction is from 6 months ago so...

Oh wow, I’m an idiot. I didn’t look at the date of the original post, and just saw it in the recent forums. Oof
Jan. 9, 2020 at 10:32 p.m.
NYI. Their record in one goal games is amazing. They're probably due for a regression w/ Adam Pelech out of the lineup long term. I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but I don't see them as a legit contender, despite their record. Andres Lee and Jordan Eberle are overrated. They continue to win low scoring games because of great team defense. Barry Trotz has def. made this bad team look good. He's the league's #1 coach.

Bad team that's actually good: NSH and FLA. While neither team is actually bad, both are underachieving big time. Bad goaltending is the main reason. Look for big second halves from both. Too much talent for either team not to make the playoffs this season, right?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit