Forums/Armchair-GM

Whats going on

Created by: HatterTParty
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 7, 2019
Published: Jul. 7, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Okay, so, I’ve been using AGM to mainly to basically vent frustrations over this team for the past 2-3 weeks. Having said that, time for an update.

First point, I still don’t trust Dach nor do I believe he will project to be a 80 plus point player. If he gets 70, I feel ill be amazed. Furthermore, it doesn’t help that no one has been able to convince me of his potential. So please, if anyone cares to, please do.

Secondly, what is with this crap I keep hearing people say about Colliton basically not even wanting jokiharju. Can someone shine some light on this for me, cuz I’ve heard nothing about this. His advanced stats were great under Q, but then Colliton uses him poorly and his advanced still are pretty good, at least top 2-3 on the team D.

Finally, what is this team? What is the direction? What they going for? Is there a plan? I thought D was, but picking dach over byram canned that. I thought this off-season would bring a clearer picture, but it makes it even harder to see. Thoughts from anyone in the comments please!
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (OTT)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$66,216,686$0$3,865,000$15,283,314
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$753,333$753,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 7, 2019 at 6:54 p.m.
1 - Agree on Dach. I don't think he's more then a middle tier 2C at his ceiling and may end up being a stand out 3C. Not sure why the Hawks drafted him over Turcotte. Yes, Dach is more NHL ready (albeit he'll need a year in the juniors IMO) but Turcotte has a 1C ceiling and will for sure be a very solid 2C. Again, this is just me watching them play...feel like Turcotte has more raw talent and will grow into his body more. Turcotte should spend a couple years in the juniors though.

2 - I have not read this on Jokiharju and not sure where the rumor is coming from. Agree that he was in the top 2 or 3 D guys on our team last year the way Q played him. I definitely saw him fall off after 25 games or so which tells me his conditioning isn't good enough for the pace and frequency of games in the NHL yet. That is fine and I'm definitely okay with him playing in Europe and the Minors last year. I believe the hawks felt they rushed him last year and I can understand that. Let's keep in mind he just turned 20. That said, with De Haan out till Thanksgiving or into December, Colliton would be an idiot not to play him and see how he does this time around. We'd be bigger idiots to trade him at this point unless the return is too good; say for Drouin straight up as an example.

3 - I really don't get this offseason. Did we improve on defense? Yes, but we made the logjam worse in the process by grabbing both Maatta and De Haan. I don't like the Maatta trade comparably and wonder if Bowman would have done that if he got De Haan first....hopefully the answer is no. Our biggest issue still is we don't have a bonafide top 6 winger. I'm guessing the hawks hope to strike gold with one of the young guys (Perlini, Sikura, Kublik, etc.). Caggs is not the guy and Shaw is okay on the top 6 but not a long term solution plus he'd be better in the middle 6.

4 - Lehner I was shocked but not necessarily a bad move. Crow is likely done as a Hawk after this season unfortunately. I think the Hawks know more about Crow's health then we do.

Anisimov has got to go.
HatterTParty liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 6:57 p.m.
Edited Aug. 31, 2020 at 10:41 a.m.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 12:22 a.m.
Chicago Blackhawks
Let's stop worrying about Dach. Compared to your lads like Pronman, Mark Kelley, etc. we all know absolutely, 100% ****all. So let's just leave the guessing of career projections to those guys.. Dach is a Hawk, he won't be Toews, he'll be whatever he's going to be. And I have a feeling that'll be pretty ****ing great... But what do I know? Oh yeah... ****all!

This whole Jokiharju business is bull****. Everyone needs to stop worrying about it, because every idiot on the internet is inventing stories about why he isn't penciled in. All we're dealing with here is Jokiharju getting top pairing minutes in Rockford (even when we all, myself included, think he belongs with the big club), and not burning another year off his ELC. That's it. Shouldn't be a major ker****all, yet, here we are...

I agree with @ChiHawk that Stan probably was working both deals for Maatta and De Haan and wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the latter if he knew he'd get the former. But would you think you'd have any success making that trade for De Haan happen for spare parts?? I sure as **** wouldn't have! It comes as no surprise then that the Maatta deal happened first. But here's the great thing, if they need to, they can buy out his contract for $850k over 3 years and he's gone and his impact largely removed. Stan has a backdoor here. Either Maatta regains that form that was expected of him, or jettison him.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: JackBurton
Let's stop worrying about Dach. Compared to your lads like Pronman, Mark Kelley, etc. we all know absolutely, 100% ****all. So let's just leave the guessing of career projections to those guys.. Dach is a Hawk, he won't be Toews, he'll be whatever he's going to be. And I have a feeling that'll be pretty ****ing great... But what do I know? Oh yeah... ****all!

This whole Jokiharju business is bull****. Everyone needs to stop worrying about it, because every idiot on the internet is inventing stories about why he isn't penciled in. All we're dealing with here is Jokiharju getting top pairing minutes in Rockford (even when we all, myself included, think he belongs with the big club), and not burning another year off his ELC. That's it. Shouldn't be a major ker****all, yet, here we are...

I agree with @ChiHawk that Stan probably was working both deals for Maatta and De Haan and wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the latter if he knew he'd get the former. But would you think you'd have any success making that trade for De Haan happen for spare parts?? I sure as **** wouldn't have! It comes as no surprise then that the Maatta deal happened first. But here's the great thing, if they need to, they can buy out his contract for $850k over 3 years and he's gone and his impact largely removed. Stan has a backdoor here. Either Maatta regains that form that was expected of him, or jettison him.

Hold on, let's all have opinions and discussions. Agree...nobody knows. All anyone knows is what has been shown on the ice so far. There is no question Turcotte showed more and that's why I like him. Watching Dach he had sparks of wow but mostly in what I saw of him was average or just above average at the level of hockey he was playing. Turcotte was a standout almost every game. Does Dach have raw size, stick reach, power, sure...the question is can he turn that into being worth the #3 pick. Right now, there is no doubt Turcotte has the tools and desire to play, I simply think the gamble is greater with Dach then Byram or Turcotte. That said, nobody knows. None of these players were McDavid, Crosby, Kane coming out of the draft...that we do know.

As for Jokiharju, if he sticks in the AHL he still burns a year of his ELC. He already burned one year last year and will burn another this year regardless of the Hawks play him or keep him in Rockford. I agree people are making up stories on the Internet such as Coach C not liking him...I've read nothing of the sort. That said, we can all debate whether the right move is not starting the season with him in the lineup. The coaching staff, GM's, head of player development, are all humans and they make mistakes...we've seen it as fans many times. That is why this website exists...if they did everything right all the time, why would any of us waste our time on here or listening to any sports writers. That's the beauty of being a fan but I don't like the people that start making crap up and spreading rumors.

You are right on Maatta and something I keep forgetting that they can buy him out so low risk in that regard. If both DeHaan and Maatta play well, then we have a logjam and someone is going to get traded out of our core of 8 guys currently on D.
JackBurton liked this.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 2:09 a.m.
Chicago Blackhawks
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hold on, let's all have opinions and discussions. Agree...nobody knows. All anyone knows is what has been shown on the ice so far. There is no question Turcotte showed more and that's why I like him. Watching Dach he had sparks of wow but mostly in what I saw of him was average or just above average at the level of hockey he was playing. Turcotte was a standout almost every game. Does Dach have raw size, stick reach, power, sure...the question is can he turn that into being worth the #3 pick. Right now, there is no doubt Turcotte has the tools and desire to play, I simply think the gamble is greater with Dach then Byram or Turcotte. That said, nobody knows. None of these players were McDavid, Crosby, Kane coming out of the draft...that we do know.

As for Jokiharju, if he sticks in the AHL he still burns a year of his ELC. He already burned one year last year and will burn another this year regardless of the Hawks play him or keep him in Rockford. I agree people are making up stories on the Internet such as Coach C not liking him...I've read nothing of the sort. That said, we can all debate whether the right move is not starting the season with him in the lineup. The coaching staff, GM's, head of player development, are all humans and they make mistakes...we've seen it as fans many times. That is why this website exists...if they did everything right all the time, why would any of us waste our time on here or listening to any sports writers. That's the beauty of being a fan but I don't like the people that start making crap up and spreading rumors.

You are right on Maatta and something I keep forgetting that they can buy him out so low risk in that regard. If both DeHaan and Maatta play well, then we have a logjam and someone is going to get traded out of our core of 8 guys currently on D.

Are we 100% sure about his next year being burned? I read the contrary, but I cannot recall where or who the source was (though my bull**** detector is usually set to 11), so it may have been very wrong. I unfortunately took it as the gospel and rolled with it. Which would be a damned shame, and throw all of my assumptions right down into the crapper...
Jul. 8, 2019 at 2:18 a.m.
Quoting: JackBurton
Are we 100% sure about his next year being burned? I read the contrary, but I cannot recall where or who the source was (though my bull**** detector is usually set to 11), so it may have been very wrong. I unfortunately took it as the gospel and rolled with it. Which would be a damned shame, and throw all of my assumptions right down into the crapper...

Yes, once the ELC clock starts ticking, which it did last year, the clock keeps going no matter where the player is playing.
JackBurton liked this.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:45 p.m.
Chicago Blackhawks
Quoting: ChiHawk
Yes, once the ELC clock starts ticking, which it did last year, the clock keeps going no matter where the player is playing.

I hate being wrong almost as much as I hate the fact that he's burning it away at the rock. I wouldn't mind if he needed it, but man, after watching how easily he kept Tarasenko in his pocket at the beginning of last season, I think it is bordering on criminal.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 4:04 p.m.
Well, I guess the rumors on jokiharju were right. These f$&@ing ****s!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll