SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Fleury or Murray?

Who should the Penguins try to move
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 23, 2016 at 1:28 p.m.
Goose
What are everyone's thoughts on the Matt Murray vs Fleury situation. Personally, I think you get whatever you can for fleury now. With the roster Pittsburgh has, all you need is league average goaltending and i think Matt Murray can provide that. Pittsburgh would be foolish to wait. Jump on Calgary right now before they scoop up a guy like Ben Bishop.
Jun. 24, 2016 at 2:15 p.m.
Pens don't lose much from their cup winning roster. Moving Fleury could allow them to get even better. Also, I would protect Murray in the expansion draft over Fleury.
Jun. 24, 2016 at 5:07 p.m.
Goose
Could upgrade at the blue line a bit, but besides that I agree
Jun. 29, 2016 at 7:38 a.m.
Can't lose Fleury for nothing in expansion. Move him while you still can. Pit has already lost any leverage with other teams already acquiring goaltenders. Market will be soft.
Jun. 30, 2016 at 12:51 a.m.
TWITTER: @GTARPCLAN
Thing is if we still have him at the expansion we are required to protect him because of the NMC, so its either trade him or lose murray
Jul. 24, 2016 at 1:05 p.m.
LITZ
I know this sounds crazy but the move I think they should have made was trading Murray. They could get a great return for him. ALthough he is a Stanley Cup winning goalie. He was not the best goaltender in any of the final 3 rounds. He was equal to Holtby and outplayed by Vasilevsky and Jones. I would have dealt him straight up to Edmonton for their #1 pick when Puljujarvi fell to the 4th spot. If Murray was so high on their radar they wouldn't have invested a 2nd Rd pick in Gustavsson when they already have Tristan Jarry in the minors. Fleury was their MVP through 50 games. The Pens won the Stanley Cup largely because they had the best 3rd line in hockey. Kessel, Bonino and Hagelin had the benefit of going up against most team's 3rd defense pairing and took advantage of it. Ask yourself....how many games did Murray steal for the Pens in the 2016 playoffs?
Dec. 10, 2016 at 2:34 a.m.
Ziti
Been a penguins fan since 1935. Go penguins! Yes fleury!!
Dec. 26, 2016 at 3:58 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
While I think Fleury should be the one moved, would it make sense for them to trade Murray? They can get a much bigger return, and since they have Jarry coming up soon, it could extend the Penguins run with Crosby. I don't think Fleury is going to play as poor as he has lately in the long run, so if they can get a top defenseman in a trade for Murray right before expansion, they should jump on it. Just not sure who is going to offer what the Penguins want for either goalie.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit