Forums/Armchair-GM

Dear Delusional Islander fans

Created by: hockeyfan14_
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 8, 2019
Published: Jul. 8, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The chances of a Marner offersheet is about as likely as Michael Dal Colle having a 50 goal season.

*Mitch Marner attends friend and current New York Islander Matt Martins wedding*

*Every islander fan: MARNER IS COMING TO THE ISLAND AND HE WILL SHARE A BUNKBED WITH MAT BARZAL!!!

You do realize Lou Lamoriello was the same guy who signed Nikita Zaitsev. Yes, the same man that said goodbye to Robin Lehner only to turn around and lock up washed up backup goalie Semyon Varlamov for 4 years.

If the rumours are true he was signed because he's friends with Ilya Sorokin. Sorokin, the unproven prospect playing in the KHL? damn.

Lou also thought Leo Komarov is worth 4 million per my goodness.

The same man that willingly reacquired Matt Martin? yes and he did it willingly.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$77,772,199$0$0$3,727,801
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:00 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
First off I like Matt Martin not a bad player and one hell of a guy, same goes for uncle Leo... the rest... yeah that’s all true lol.
hockeyfan14_ and oneX liked this.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:01 p.m.
You seem nice
Maj and MGK liked this.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:02 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
First off I like Matt Martin not a bad player and one hell of a guy, same goes for uncle Leo... the rest... yeah that’s all true lol.

I mean no disrespect to Marty (Matt Martin) great guy like you said, not worth 2.5mill a year though. At least for me and it was time for leafs to move on from him. I'm sure he loves being back on the island just didn't fit our team
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:03 p.m.
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
haha .... NYI is out of running for Marner considering they only have about 8 Mil in cap left. I guess Marner turned down their offersheet. That means there might be another offer sheet out there for Marner, I am willing to bet it might be from NJ
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:03 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
You seem nice

Who cares, what I said was accurate. If this post hurts your feelings log off LOL
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:05 p.m.
Quoting: hockeyfan14_
Who cares, what I said was accurate. If this post hurts your feelings log off LOL

Does the 14 in your name stand for your age?
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:05 p.m.
Quoting: Maj
haha .... NYI is out of running for Marner considering they only have about 8 Mil in cap left. I guess Marner turned down their offersheet. That means there might be another offer sheet out there for Marner, I am willing to bet it might be from NJ

Literally every rumour and or report has stated the devils are pursuing Nikita Gusev, the still have to lock up Will Butcher and pay Taylor Hall at the end of the year. A Marner offersheet doesn't make sense for them. I could see a Kyle Connor offersheet as more likely and preferable option.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:07 p.m.
Does the 14 in your name stand for your age?

Say's the guy with "littlejerryseinfield" as their username.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:08 p.m.
Say's the guy with "littlejerryseinfield" as their username.

Someone has never seen Seinfeld.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
Someone has never seen Seinfeld.

I love the Seinfeld show. You're username is still just as bad as mine so I really don't see you're point. You like to poke fun instead of actually talking hockey.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:18 p.m.
Hmm, a leafs fan calling other fans delusional?

Marner very well could receive an offer sheet, I would hope that it wouldn’t be the Isles as 4 1sts is too much for anyone not named McDavid. Now generalizing a whole fan base in an irrational post is funny as many Islander fans disagree that Marner would come to LI.

When LL signed Zaitsev it seemed like a solid signing at the time which hasn’t worked out two years later. Really not that horrible of a contract, maybe $1m more than he should make.

Lehner was offered a contract, he was taking too long to sign so LL locked up Varlamov who the goalie coaches really like and wanted to bring in. This is really an unknown situation now, does Lehner keep up his play or was he a product of the system. Does Varlamov bounce back with new coaches and system? Right now it looks to be an even swap, but time will tell.

Aren’t all prospects unproven? Maybe Sorokin becomes an elite goalie, maybe he never comes to NA. Maybe Jack Hughes is a bust. Prospects are a projection, and Sorokin projects as a very good goalie, so if signing Varlamov helps that, than great.

Leo is making $3m and not $4m. Though overpaid cannot complain about his play or leadership on the team.

MM is another guy that may be a little overpaid, but have no complaints about his play.

Guess you are trying to prove that all the moves LL has made on the Isles are horrible, but they still made the playoffs, won a round.
Isles777 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:23 p.m.
Quoting: Warrior24
Hmm, a leafs fan calling other fans delusional?

Marner very well could receive an offer sheet, I would hope that it wouldn’t be the Isles as 4 1sts is too much for anyone not named McDavid. Now generalizing a whole fan base in an irrational post is funny as many Islander fans disagree that Marner would come to LI.

When LL signed Zaitsev it seemed like a solid signing at the time which hasn’t worked out two years later. Really not that horrible of a contract, maybe $1m more than he should make.

Lehner was offered a contract, he was taking too long to sign so LL locked up Varlamov who the goalie coaches really like and wanted to bring in. This is really an unknown situation now, does Lehner keep up his play or was he a product of the system. Does Varlamov bounce back with new coaches and system? Right now it looks to be an even swap, but time will tell.

Aren’t all prospects unproven? Maybe Sorokin becomes an elite goalie, maybe he never comes to NA. Maybe Jack Hughes is a bust. Prospects are a projection, and Sorokin projects as a very good goalie, so if signing Varlamov helps that, than great.

Leo is making $3m and not $4m. Though overpaid cannot complain about his play or leadership on the team.

MM is another guy that may be a little overpaid, but have no complaints about his play.

Guess you are trying to prove that all the moves LL has made on the Isles are horrible, but they still made the playoffs, won a round.

Never said Lou was a bad GM but as a leafs fan who had him as our Gm he often makes 1 really great move followed by a couple really bad ones. Sure komarov gets only 3 mill a year still only a 2 million dollar player at best. Anders Lee is overrated, Marner doesn't want to go to Long Island lol otherwise he would have signed the supposed offersheet already offered to him lol. Lou lowballed lehner then just signed varlamov to a trash contract so. One good first year for zaitsev doesn't mean you give him 5-6 years of term. thats why ELC's are 3 years long so you can prove it wasn't just one and done. Bad move by Lou.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:23 p.m.
NYI signing Marner to an offersheet is about as likely as the Leafs winning a playoff round
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:24 p.m.
Quoting: MGK
NYI signing Marner to an offersheet is about as likely as the Leafs winning a playoff round

NYI signing Marner to an offersheet is about as likely as the islanders winning a Stanley cup.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:26 p.m.
In Petey we trust
Bashing Islanders signings when they went futher in the playoffs? While Marner is not going to be signed by the Islanders your post is still dumb. Fans like you are why Toronto fans get hated...
Warrior24 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:27 p.m.
Quoting: t4tree
Bashing Islanders signings when they went futher in the playoffs? While Marner is not going to be signed by the Islanders your post is still dumb. Fans like you are why Toronto fans get hated...

I'm not hating just stating things that have happened and are true lol
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:28 p.m.
Isles7
Most Islander fans don’t actually believe Lou will offersheet Marner - they are just trolling leaf fans. For me personally, I don’t care whether Lou offersheets marner, I just hope either another team does or marner (and his father/agent) drag this out until the leafs give him Matthews money. I love going on twitter and seeing all the tweets about marner saying he’s greedy + he should take a hometown discount. It’s a win -win for me, either marner ends up on another team or he gets paid over 11 mill AAV and puts the leafs in cap hell. I’m just enjoying the ride.
Jul. 8, 2019 at 10:38 p.m.
Never said Lou was a bad GM but as a leafs fan who had him as our Gm he often makes 1 really great move followed by a couple really bad ones. Sure komarov gets only 3 mill a year still only a 2 million dollar player at best. Anders Lee is overrated, Marner doesn't want to go to Long Island lol otherwise he would have signed the supposed offersheet already offered to him lol. Lou lowballed lehner then just signed varlamov to a trash contract so. One good first year for zaitsev doesn't mean you give him 5-6 years of term. thats why ELC's are 3 years long so you can prove it wasn't just one and done. Bad move by Lou.

Sure Leo at $2m would be better, right now cap is not an issue for the team. If it does become an issue then you have to make a decision about a trade or buy out. But for now not a huge issue.

Not sure where Anders Lee now comes into this, but he is probably one player that people judge accurately. Doesn’t skate great, ok on D, doesn’t drive the play but is a beast in front of the net with great hands. Good for 30ish goals per year, and on the ice to protect Barzal if necessary.

I think most people would say Marner wants to stay in Toronto. But the longer it takes to get done the more rumors there will be. I don’t believe that the Isles sent him an offer sheet, not has there been a credible source stating there was. All speculation which will continue until he is signed.

Lehner was not lowballed, he was offered a better contract than he signed in Chicago and the same salary Varlamov got. I wouldn’t commit more than 2 years to Lehner either. If he signed for the two years he was offered and continued to play at a high level without personal issues he could have gotten a long term deal.

I don’t believe Zaitsev was on an ELC, wasn’t he signed as an 1 year prove it deal out of Russia? Sure 7 years was too long, but now the Leafs are out from the deal.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 12:30 a.m.
That description is gold lol, every Islanders fan is muttering under there breath at least we're not the Oilers lol
Jul. 9, 2019 at 12:45 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Warrior24
Sure Leo at $2m would be better, right now cap is not an issue for the team. If it does become an issue then you have to make a decision about a trade or buy out. But for now not a huge issue.

Not sure where Anders Lee now comes into this, but he is probably one player that people judge accurately. Doesn’t skate great, ok on D, doesn’t drive the play but is a beast in front of the net with great hands. Good for 30ish goals per year, and on the ice to protect Barzal if necessary.

I think most people would say Marner wants to stay in Toronto. But the longer it takes to get done the more rumors there will be. I don’t believe that the Isles sent him an offer sheet, not has there been a credible source stating there was. All speculation which will continue until he is signed.

Lehner was not lowballed, he was offered a better contract than he signed in Chicago and the same salary Varlamov got. I wouldn’t commit more than 2 years to Lehner either. If he signed for the two years he was offered and continued to play at a high level without personal issues he could have gotten a long term deal.

I don’t believe Zaitsev was on an ELC, wasn’t he signed as an 1 year prove it deal out of Russia? Sure 7 years was too long, but now the Leafs are out from the deal.

All players entering the league sign an elc, zaitsev’s was a one year elc.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 12:46 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Isles777
Most Islander fans don’t actually believe Lou will offersheet Marner - they are just trolling leaf fans. For me personally, I don’t care whether Lou offersheets marner, I just hope either another team does or marner (and his father/agent) drag this out until the leafs give him Matthews money. I love going on twitter and seeing all the tweets about marner saying he’s greedy + he should take a hometown discount. It’s a win -win for me, either marner ends up on another team or he gets paid over 11 mill AAV and puts the leafs in cap hell. I’m just enjoying the ride.

I don’t see how making him the second highest paid winger in the nhl is a discount. Would you say he is the second best winger in the league?
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:24 a.m.
Isles7
Edited Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:29 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
I don’t see how making him the second highest paid winger in the nhl is a discount. Would you say he is the second best winger in the league?

marner put up 94 points in his age 22 season and led the team in pts the past two years. He's arguably the best player on the leafs. He deserves at least 11 mill AAV and shouldn't get paid less than Tavares when he's more valuable to the leafs.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:33 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Edited Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:38 a.m.
Quoting: Isles777
He put up 94 points in his age 22 season and he's led the team in pts the past two years. He's arguably the best player on the leafs. He deserves at least 11 mill AAV, he shouldn't get paid less than Tavares when he's more valuable to the leafs.

That’s your opinion and you are untitled to it but Tavares is far more valuable than marner. Marner is not good away from Tavares, where Tavares generates no matter who is on the ice with him. It’s a great combo and marner is a skilled playmaker but he needs a guy like Tavares to bury the puck and work along the boards.

You can argue till your blue in the face but to me marner is #4 in skaters. Matthews, Tavares and Rielly hold the top 3 spots. Marner at over 11m falls in behind nylander and most likely right off the team.

Sure dodged my question though... is Mitch marner the 2nd best winger in the nhl? If you think he is worth over 11m... is he the best winger in the nhl?
Isles777 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll