$1,000,000$1,000,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $700,000$700,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,625,000$4,625,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $7,857,143$7,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $800,000$800,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $748,333$748,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    LD
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:46 a.m.
    Naw Samo has #1D written all over how he plays not trading him for 3rd liner
    CD282 liked this.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 1:47 a.m.
    Molson beer is meh
    I'd do that. Samorukov was a beast on the PP with Suzuki in the OHL playoffs. but if Habs continue taking on more LD, start sending some back lol Move guys like Reilly, Ouellet, or Sklenicka. Doubt he's available though
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:00 a.m.
    Dwight_Schrute
    Quoting: Blazingbat11
    I'd do that. Samorukov was a beast on the PP with Suzuki in the OHL playoffs. but if Habs continue taking on more LD, start sending some back lol Move guys like Reilly, Ouellet, or Sklenicka. Doubt he's available though

If the Habs are willing to part with a little bit more he could definitely be available. We have a lot of those “could be top 4 if all goes right” kinda guys, and we are desperate for forward help. Even if they kept the return as Lehkonen and a cap dump but made the cap dump more significant (Russell) the oilers probably would go for it.
    math731 liked this.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:01 a.m.
    Dwight_Schrute
    Quoting: Bluetomorrow83
    Naw Samo has #1D written all over how he plays not trading him for 3rd liner

That’s over rating him a little. He has a good chance of being a top 4 D, but saying he’s a lock to be top pair is foolish at this point. We have a huuuuge need at forward and a surplus of young D, if the Habs upped the cap dump a little to say Russell this would be a good deal for us.
    math731 liked this.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:13 a.m.
    Molson beer is meh
    Quoting: FlamesBlow
    If the Habs are willing to part with a little bit more he could definitely be available. We have a lot of those “could be top 4 if all goes right” kinda guys, and we are desperate for forward help. Even if they kept the return as Lehkonen and a cap dump but made the cap dump more significant (Russell) the oilers probably would go for it.

Yeah I can get behind something like that. I saw Samorukov play twice this past year. Offensively he's legit, but he had no defense in his game though. So as a prospect he's interesting, but I wouldn't break the bank for him. If his offence dries up when he makes it to pro (which happens to many), there's really nothing left in his game to offer.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:32 a.m.
    Billy739
    i doubt you see us trade or sign a Russian

we had 6 in our system when Claude Julien started
    Now we have just Romanov Signed by his lonesome .

we let go of Markov ,Emelin , Radulov , Scherbak ,Nesterov and Segachev from 2016-17 until now .
    Unless they're Canadian,American or from Europe specifically Sweden and Finland then Claude wont use them .
    Even Galchenyuk a Russian -American was traded for a Canadian Star in the Making .

if they're Russian , they're not likely playing here at then NHL or AHL level unless they're as glaringly good as Romanov is
    he plays like a Canadian , tons of heart , tons of skill and plays smart hockey finding a niche as a Pest Defensman
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:41 a.m.
    Dwight_Schrute
    Yeah I can get behind something like that. I saw Samorukov play twice this past year. Offensively he's legit, but he had no defense in his game though. So as a prospect he's interesting, but I wouldn't break the bank for him. If his offence dries up when he makes it to pro (which happens to many), there's really nothing left in his game to offer.

Interesting to hear you say that. He was drafted as a potential shut down D, it was only very recently that the offence reached the same level as his defensive ability (or I guess surpassed it).

It would take a lot to get us to move him, I just made a new thread where we use this trade, but replace Manning with Russell to create the cap space needed to eat Clarkson’s contract in a deal with Vegas based around Puljujärvi and Gusev.
    Blazingbat11 liked this.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:43 a.m.
    Dwight_Schrute
    Quoting: Billy739
    i doubt you see us trade or sign a Russian

we had 6 in our system when Claude Julien started
    Now we have just Romanov Signed by his lonesome .

we let go of Markov ,Emelin , Radulov , Scherbak ,Nesterov and Segachev from 2016-17 until now .
    Unless they're Canadian,American or from Europe specifically Sweden and Finland then Claude wont use them .
    Even Galchenyuk a Russian -American was traded for a Canadian Star in the Making .

if they're Russian , they're not likely playing here at then NHL or AHL level unless they're as glaringly good as Romanov is
    he plays like a Canadian , tons of heart , tons of skill and plays smart hockey finding a niche as a Pest Defensman

The idea that Nationality defines a players style is so out dated. But let’s pretend it’s still true. Samorukov has been playing in North America for 3 years, he was drafted as a gritty physical D man. Not the typical Russian mold that you’re buying into.
    Billy739 and CD282 liked this.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:51 a.m.
    Molson beer is meh
    Interesting to hear you say that. He was drafted as a potential shut down D, it was only very recently that the offence reached the same level as his defensive ability (or I guess surpassed it).

It would take a lot to get us to move him, I just made a new thread where we use this trade, but replace Manning with Russell to create the cap space needed to eat Clarkson’s contract in a deal with Vegas based around Puljujärvi and Gusev.

well I'm no scout lol could very well be that the two games I saw him weren't his normal "run-of-the-mill" defensive games.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:58 a.m.
    Billy739
    The idea that Nationality defines a players style is so out dated. But let’s pretend it’s still true. Samorukov has been playing in North America for 3 years, he was drafted as a gritty physical D man. Not the typical Russian mold that you’re buying into.

its history and facts

Claude on 2 teams now has showed up followed by Russians leaving .

you cant ignore his history of Favoring Canadian born Heavily again , pure fact
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 4:01 a.m.
    Billy739

as far as his style goes i agree he has tons of value

so did Markov , Radulov and Galchenyuk
    all were replaced by Canadians with Markov making way for Mete , Radulov for Gallagher,and Galchenyuk for Domi .

Claude doesnt play Russians
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 4:03 a.m.
    Dwight_Schrute
    Quoting: Billy739
    as far as his style goes i agree he has tons of value

so did Markov , Radulov and Galchenyuk
    all were replaced by Canadians with Markov making way for Mete , Radulov for Gallagher,and Galchenyuk for Domi .

Claude doesnt play Russians

Gallagher was there before Radulov though? What are you talking about?

My understanding was Markov left to go play back home, not that he was pushed out.

The Galchenyuk point makes no sense, he’s not even a Russian?
    CD282 liked this.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 4:10 a.m.
    Billy739

My understanding was Markov left to go play back home, not that he was pushed out.

Radulov top guy had minutes cut right after Claude showed up in favor of Gallagher
    Claude came in to Radulov struggling harder then Drouin last February and promoted Gallagher right away from 3rd line with Plekanec

if you're a Fan , you know
    if you're a stats dude who watches less then 20 games a year , you wont

Marov left as soon as we drafted Mete who figuratively and literally replaced him on PP
    Markov dismissed his long time agent trying to demand something from MTL he didnt earn
    he left for KHL because they'd let him play for the olympic team but Russia's Olympic team cut him for being to slow

Galchenyuk is Russian ,born in america to Russian Parents
    he lived in USA like 6 years combined growing up and talked about traveling with his dad on Habs tv helping him get better at hockey and focus on developing his shot .

again you gotta be a hockey fan to know the players
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 4:14 a.m.
    Molson beer is meh

Don't argue with this guy...last year he stubbornly argued me that Danault wasn't a Center...
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 7:44 a.m.

I think you need to watch him a little more before passing judgement, because you're completely wrong on him.

June 2017 - Samorukov has one of the highest ceilings of any defender taken from the OHL this past draft. He can impact the game at both ends of the ice... He’s really the complete package in terms of possessing a skill set. Mobility, physical aggressiveness, big point shot, puck skill. It’s just about putting it all together and learning the position. When to go for the big hit. Making better reads in coverage and chasing less. Picking his spots offensively. Getting his shot through to the net more effectively on the PP. I suppose what I’m saying is that over the course of the next two years, we’ll get to see what type of hockey sense Samorukov possesses. Brock Otten

July 2018 – Dmitri Samorukov is a two-way defender with an improving offensive game. He has been praised by Guelph Storm coach/GM George Burnett for his strong skating, his ability to play in all situations (including the powerplay) and his overall determination... Samorukov has a solid overall skill set and if he can continue to develop his offensive game then he could potentially become a fantasy player to watch in the future. Jameson Ewasiuk

December 2018 – After recording just six points in the first 23 games of the season, Samorukov has really come on offensively in the last six game tallying nine points. His recent production is impressive but may not last as he isn’t known for his offensive abilities... Samorukov was invited to the Russian World Junior camp and should have a good shot at making the team having played on it last year. Jameson Ewasiuk

March 2019 - Dmitri Samorukov, the Edmonton Oilers prospect who plays on the blue line for the Guelph Storm and played for Russia at the World Junior Championship. Boy, is he ever playing well. He looks to me like a player. He’s one of the top defencemen in the OHL, and I just think he’s a real force at both ends of the ice. Bob McKenzie

May 2019 - While Edmonton Oilers pundits are quick to point out the play of Ethan Bear, Caleb Jones, and Evan Bouchard, don’t sleep on Samorukov making a push to leap-frog all three players as early as next year. The affable Russian plays a pro-style game where he defends with size, physicality and a good stick. He passes the puck like an NHL veteran and has a bomb of a shot that will work in the NHL. An all-around defenceman, Samorukov’s 28 points are the most for an OHL defenceman since Ryan Ellis had 33 with Windsor in 2010. Sam Cosentino

May 2019 - He probably took off a little more than expected offensively in the second half of the season and the playoffs; I think he had 28 points in the playoff run. He’s a guy who, first and foremost, is an outstanding defender who is hard to play against, he moves the puck well, he’s fearless, has great feet, he can get in and out of trouble and he can win battles. George Burnett, Samorukov's OHL coach

************************************************************************************

Zero chance MTL picks him up in the trade listed above, it's not even close to the right value.
    Jul. 9, 2019 at 10:24 a.m.
    Molson beer is meh
    Quoting: CD282
    I think you need to watch him a little more before passing judgement, because you're completely wrong on him.

June 2017 - Samorukov has one of the highest ceilings of any defender taken from the OHL this past draft. He can impact the game at both ends of the ice... He’s really the complete package in terms of possessing a skill set. Mobility, physical aggressiveness, big point shot, puck skill. It’s just about putting it all together and learning the position. When to go for the big hit. Making better reads in coverage and chasing less. Picking his spots offensively. Getting his shot through to the net more effectively on the PP. I suppose what I’m saying is that over the course of the next two years, we’ll get to see what type of hockey sense Samorukov possesses. Brock Otten

July 2018 – Dmitri Samorukov is a two-way defender with an improving offensive game. He has been praised by Guelph Storm coach/GM George Burnett for his strong skating, his ability to play in all situations (including the powerplay) and his overall determination... Samorukov has a solid overall skill set and if he can continue to develop his offensive game then he could potentially become a fantasy player to watch in the future. Jameson Ewasiuk

December 2018 – After recording just six points in the first 23 games of the season, Samorukov has really come on offensively in the last six game tallying nine points. His recent production is impressive but may not last as he isn’t known for his offensive abilities... Samorukov was invited to the Russian World Junior camp and should have a good shot at making the team having played on it last year. Jameson Ewasiuk

March 2019 - Dmitri Samorukov, the Edmonton Oilers prospect who plays on the blue line for the Guelph Storm and played for Russia at the World Junior Championship. Boy, is he ever playing well. He looks to me like a player. He’s one of the top defencemen in the OHL, and I just think he’s a real force at both ends of the ice. Bob McKenzie

May 2019 - While Edmonton Oilers pundits are quick to point out the play of Ethan Bear, Caleb Jones, and Evan Bouchard, don’t sleep on Samorukov making a push to leap-frog all three players as early as next year. The affable Russian plays a pro-style game where he defends with size, physicality and a good stick. He passes the puck like an NHL veteran and has a bomb of a shot that will work in the NHL. An all-around defenceman, Samorukov’s 28 points are the most for an OHL defenceman since Ryan Ellis had 33 with Windsor in 2010. Sam Cosentino

May 2019 - He probably took off a little more than expected offensively in the second half of the season and the playoffs; I think he had 28 points in the playoff run. He’s a guy who, first and foremost, is an outstanding defender who is hard to play against, he moves the puck well, he’s fearless, has great feet, he can get in and out of trouble and he can win battles. George Burnett, Samorukov's OHL coach

************************************************************************************

Zero chance MTL picks him up in the trade listed above, it's not even close to the right value.

Lol like I said, I saw the kid play twice. Off my observations he didn’t focus on his defensive game at all and gave up some odd man rushes for being a bit too zealous jumping down low in the offensive zone. He did look great with Suzuki though :P Not claiming to be scout or anything here, and I’m fully aware 2 games isn’t a large enough sample size, but I just based my initial reply off of what I personally saw. I did no research on how sports writers view him.
    CD282 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll