$10,000,000$10,000,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 6
$5,600,000$5,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$763,333$763,333
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000
LD
RFA - 1
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
RD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833
G
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LD
RFA
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:35 a.m.
Billy739
Add another 1st , conditional 2nd and a 3rd to make the Laine deal fair .
conditional 2nd becomes a 1st if MTL makes ECF this year .

then the deals fair as Laine's a 21 year old 40+ Goal Scorer
we're offering a 2nd line winger who's 24 , a 2nd pair RD potentially and the picks which are what would be the main motivation allowing WPG to restock their depth they depleted .
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:43 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Why would wpg want a player that whined his way out of Tb, if laine is getting traded, Chevy is going to make it look like a win for him, or it could be his head in wpg, this trade doesn’t scream that. Suzuki, brook, and some exciting picks would be the start to that. But I doubt laine is leaving wpg this quick in his career
Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:44 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
This build doesn’t factor in any Carolina revenge
Jul. 9, 2019 at 3:56 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Birtle34
Why would wpg want a player that whined his way out of Tb, if laine is getting traded, Chevy is going to make it look like a win for him, or it could be his head in wpg, this trade doesn’t scream that. Suzuki, brook, and some exciting picks would be the start to that. But I doubt laine is leaving wpg this quick in his career

this is a naive argument based on opinion and sadly not even your own as you're not that original in your statement .

the irony is in one breath you chastise Drouin , then talk about Laine without even considering he's putting up a stink to leave WPG over a contract , not ice time like Drouin.

if you can blame Drouin for being upset he was in a system so Deep they didnt need him unless there was an injury , he wanted more .
who could blame him
Jul. 9, 2019 at 4:39 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Billy739
this is a naive argument based on opinion and sadly not even your own as you're not that original in your statement .

the irony is in one breath you chastise Drouin , then talk about Laine without even considering he's putting up a stink to leave WPG over a contract , not ice time like Drouin.

if you can blame Drouin for being upset he was in a system so Deep they didnt need him unless there was an injury , he wanted more .
who could blame him

Wpg is a unique market, if your drafted into it, is a different story to being traded into it. Drouin doesn’t seem to enjoy a spotlight in mtl, so that doesn’t change a whole lot in wpg, less media, but smaller city fan rumours. I believe laine is trying to get paid and push wpg to either trade or overpay, I just don’t see trading one problem for another, blue collar city like wpg, drouin booed out of it in 6 months unless he doubles what he is doing now
Jul. 9, 2019 at 4:59 a.m.
Add another 1st , conditional 2nd and a 3rd to make the Laine deal fair .
conditional 2nd becomes a 1st if MTL makes ECF this year .

then the deals fair as Laine's a 21 year old 40+ Goal Scorer
we're offering a 2nd line winger who's 24 , a 2nd pair RD potentially and the picks which are what would be the main motivation allowing WPG to restock their depth they depleted .

Im confused? lol. Are you saying Drouin, Juulsen, 2 1st's a conditional 2 (which can turn in to a 1st) plus a 3rd for Laine? Because as a neutral party (a Leafs fan as you know) I would say that is a massive overpayment. I have watched alot of Laine the last couple of years and although he is uber talented he is extremely streaky (more so than most goal scorers). I think Mon would be better to stick with what they got. But just my opinion, make of it what you will. lol
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:12 a.m.
Wpg is a unique market, if your drafted into it, is a different story to being traded into it. Drouin doesn’t seem to enjoy a spotlight in mtl, so that doesn’t change a whole lot in wpg, less media, but smaller city fan rumours. I believe laine is trying to get paid and push wpg to either trade or overpay, I just don’t see trading one problem for another, blue collar city like wpg, drouin booed out of it in 6 months unless he doubles what he is doing now

I gwt what your saying.... But the reality is none of it matters as us fans have no say or effect as to what actually happens or driving a player out of town (unless they are extremely sensitive in which case they wont be in the NHL for long) you know what Billy739 is offering is a massive overpay. Also Laine apparently wants out of Win or at least wants to get paid (who knows, all we here arw rumors that may or may not be true). All that being said try to look at the situation objectively and not just from a Winnipeg point of view. Ie how do players fit in with you roster, cap flexibility or lack there of, line ups, future contracts, how much will the cap rise by (try to be conservative) ext. Every single move or signing\release has consequences on every team, that's why GMing is like playing chess. lol dont get mad or take this personally, I'm not trying to go at you or put you down just trying to be objective (from a neutral party).
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:12 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
Im confused? lol. Are you saying Drouin, Juulsen, 2 1st's a conditional 2 (which can turn in to a 1st) plus a 3rd for Laine? Because as a neutral party (a Leafs fan as you know) I would say that is a massive overpayment. I have watched alot of Laine the last couple of years and although he is uber talented he is extremely streaky (more so than most goal scorers). I think Mon would be better to stick with what they got. But just my opinion, make of it what you will. lol

My question would be, if wpg is trading laine, does it lead to a rebuild, a retool, or a little bit of both. Being a small market like wpg, they can’t really be in a variety of categories, with the contracts on wheeler, little, ehlers, and scheifele, the target would have to be entertained with a move to wpg, and have some term at a decent price. Drouin could fit it, but not sure on a love to move to wpg. A no name with a physical presence would have a better chance of being loved in wpg, especially if he’s playing over his caphit. Not sure if drouin fits that. But maybe it’s my bias against drouin, I could see him flourish in a Florida or Phoenix over a wpg. But I only read my opinions on here. Lol
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:18 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I gwt what your saying.... But the reality is none of it matters as us fans have no say or effect as to what actually happens or driving a player out of town (unless they are extremely sensitive in which case they wont be in the NHL for long) you know what Billy739 is offering is a massive overpay. Also Laine apparently wants out of Win or at least wants to get paid (who knows, all we here arw rumors that may or may not be true). All that being said try to look at the situation objectively and not just from a Winnipeg point of view. Ie how do players fit in with you roster, cap flexibility or lack there of, line ups, future contracts, how much will the cap rise by (try to be conservative) ext. Every single move or signing\release has consequences on every team, that's why GMing is like playing chess. lol dont get mad or take this personally, I'm not trying to go at you or put you down just trying to be objective (from a neutral party).

I understand that, I just also understand the wpg market, and drouin would be thrown to the lions, unless his confidence is up and finds amazing chemistry with little and ehlers, which is possible, but the main piece to some people that would refer to as the franchise laine, would be a tough situation. Wpg would have to re-evaluate there entire situation though if there dealing there future, and question if they rebuild or attempt a retool, I think the fan base would be in revolt if they go back to a bubble team, no high end ufas, or mid level or any ufas, coming to save the day, so it all has to come from within. So as you say, we will see, I love the dialogue on here, fun site to talk hockey in July
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:26 a.m.
My question would be, if wpg is trading laine, does it lead to a rebuild, a retool, or a little bit of both. Being a small market like wpg, they can’t really be in a variety of categories, with the contracts on wheeler, little, ehlers, and scheifele, the target would have to be entertained with a move to wpg, and have some term at a decent price. Drouin could fit it, but not sure on a love to move to wpg. A no name with a physical presence would have a better chance of being loved in wpg, especially if he’s playing over his caphit. Not sure if drouin fits that. But maybe it’s my bias against drouin, I could see him flourish in a Florida or Phoenix over a wpg. But I only read my opinions on here. Lol

First off, no. Winnipeg would not be in a rebuild or retool, as I think with or without Laine you guys have a very talented team (and yes I'm aware you lost Trouba anf Myers) that can compete. Im not saying that losing Laine wouldn't hurt... Of course it would, but then you have cap space aswell as said assets you gain from the Laine trade. you guys are looking good either waysmile but dont look at it in the Win fish bowl (trust me I'm a Leafs fan so I know how it can be) but players are professional athletes who are trained to handle these sorta situations. Sorry for the rant just wanted to say from a Leafs fan you guys have a great team with or without Laine and you will have a great\very successful season\seasons. Winnipeg is in great hands as Chevy is one of the best GM's in the league! He's always got a trick up his sleeve, just be patient as he will deliversmile good luck next year
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:35 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
First off, no. Winnipeg would not be in a rebuild or retool, as I think with or without Laine you guys have a very talented team (and yes I'm aware you lost Trouba anf Myers) that can compete. Im not saying that losing Laine wouldn't hurt... Of course it would, but then you have cap space aswell as said assets you gain from the Laine trade. you guys are looking good either waysmile but dont look at it in the Win fish bowl (trust me I'm a Leafs fan so I know how it can be) but players are professional athletes who are trained to handle these sorta situations. Sorry for the rant just wanted to say from a Leafs fan you guys have a great team with or without Laine and you will have a great\very successful season\seasons. Winnipeg is in great hands as Chevy is one of the best GM's in the league! He's always got a trick up his sleeve, just be patient as he will deliversmile good luck next year

In Chevy I trust, I love that Barrie add, leafs pp going to be unstoppable, a little physical slash emotional presence lost with kadri, but his time had run his course in Toronto, possibly a derozan type comparison, leafs just need to find some physical players that can keep up, I think a kassian from oil with oil retain or somebody along those lines could help. Special teams, goaltending, and 5 on 5 could all win him a series, just a matter of winning a physical series, with the experience they have gained, i think they are ready for a run, as long as there is a some what happy marner
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:37 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

I just see that trade as such a sideways trade or a backwards move over continuing the build. In Chevy I trust, I’m not worried about the jets situation, young enough lineup going to improve and, the holes made is going to force Maurice to use the youth on a longer leash and they are going to grow leaps and bounds.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:39 a.m.
Stay away from Laine. One dimensional sniper’s are not what this team need right now. Run with the youth and bide your time until either Romanov comes over or an interesting trade proposal comes up for a top 4....this team as it stands is a playoff team.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:40 a.m.
I understand that, I just also understand the wpg market, and drouin would be thrown to the lions, unless his confidence is up and finds amazing chemistry with little and ehlers, which is possible, but the main piece to some people that would refer to as the franchise laine, would be a tough situation. Wpg would have to re-evaluate there entire situation though if there dealing there future, and question if they rebuild or attempt a retool, I think the fan base would be in revolt if they go back to a bubble team, no high end ufas, or mid level or any ufas, coming to save the day, so it all has to come from within. So as you say, we will see, I love the dialogue on here, fun site to talk hockey in July

I fully understand your point, and I'm not saying your wrong at all. Personally I think if you where to trade Laine there would be better fits. I think it is possible, however I do not see him finding chemistry on Win, nor do I see Win having much interest in Drouin as part of a Laine package. As I said before I dont think or see Winnipeg rebuilding or retooling especially with Chevy as your gm. Chevy always seems to get what he wants in a trade (except maybe the Trouba trade, but i dont think he wanted to trade him) even in that trade i think you guys walked away preety good (forgetting about Hayes). Maybe I'm way outta line here but I think the jets will be just fine. Even if worst case scenario you trade Laine and have a down year, you will have alot of cap spacesmile
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:45 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I fully understand your point, and I'm not saying your wrong at all. Personally I think if you where to trade Laine there would be better fits. I think it is possible, however I do not see him finding chemistry on Win, nor do I see Win having much interest in Drouin as part of a Laine package. As I said before I dont think or see Winnipeg rebuilding or retooling especially with Chevy as your gm. Chevy always seems to get what he wants in a trade (except maybe the Trouba trade, but i dont think he wanted to trade him) even in that trade i think you guys walked away preety good (forgetting about Hayes). Maybe I'm way outta line here but I think the jets will be just fine. Even if worst case scenario you trade Laine and have a down year, you will have alot of cap spacesmile

I think laine turned the corner after his slump, and starting to figure it out, just a matter of getting him some linemates, he was carrying the puck and moving pretty good, he’s just gained such a bad reputation, I think he comes out flying this year, young guy learning the pro craft, he’s still growing into his frame and figuring out the proper playing weight, I think he started believing his hype a little more than he should have, but I think that slump may have humbled him. I think jets should gamble and lock him up longterm this summer as long as it’s a number they can deal with going forward.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:52 a.m.
In Chevy I trust, I love that Barrie add, leafs pp going to be unstoppable, a little physical slash emotional presence lost with kadri, but his time had run his course in Toronto, possibly a derozan type comparison, leafs just need to find some physical players that can keep up, I think a kassian from oil with oil retain or somebody along those lines could help. Special teams, goaltending, and 5 on 5 could all win him a series, just a matter of winning a physical series, with the experience they have gained, i think they are ready for a run, as long as there is a some what happy marner

You definitely shouldsmile and thanks, but I too am skeptical of our (the leafs) chances. I like the Colorado trade myself (a good ole win win hockey trade) but Berrie is most likely a rentalfrown as a leafs fan who watched Kadri from day1 I'm sad to see him go however the time was right too trade him. This can be a great place to discuss hockey, as long as you find open minded people to talk too. Personally I prefer to talk to members of other fan bases as I gain new perspectives (alot of leaf fans are narrow minded). For me it's hard to give an assessment on Winnipeg right now only because we need to see what your rfa's get paid ie how much wiggle room do you guys have. Like I previously stated I think you guys are gonna have a monster year regardless of what happens!
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:53 a.m.
Billy739

in order to get Laine you got to offer WPG something worth them choosing not to match .

Laine's a 21 year old 40 goal scorer and the only one since Ovechkin so expect a high price .

two 1sts ,2nd(Conditional) and a 3rd is the minimum expected given the cap we signed him at that's what WPG would get if they didnt match .
Drouin is the main Piece that would make them even consider giving up such a young and rare player as what he and Ehlers would bring would be a solid 2nd line
Juulsen's being moved to tip the scales as an overpayment but could just as easily be any prospect we have with NHL potential .

WPG giving up Laine for anything less makes little sense when they hold all the leverage in an offersheet scenario and have no reason to give away his rights for less then they'd get from an offersheet , IF WPG signed Laine then traded him totally different depending on the term and payout but we're talking RFA rights here
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:53 a.m.
I just see that trade as such a sideways trade or a backwards move over continuing the build. In Chevy I trust, I’m not worried about the jets situation, young enough lineup going to improve and, the holes made is going to force Maurice to use the youth on a longer leash and they are going to grow leaps and bounds.

yeah, I think you have better trade options for Laine.
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:55 a.m.
Billy739
You definitely shouldsmile and thanks, but I too am skeptical of our (the leafs) chances. I like the Colorado trade myself (a good ole win win hockey trade) but Berrie is most likely a rentalfrown as a leafs fan who watched Kadri from day1 I'm sad to see him go however the time was right too trade him. This can be a great place to discuss hockey, as long as you find open minded people to talk too. Personally I prefer to talk to members of other fan bases as I gain new perspectives (alot of leaf fans are narrow minded). For me it's hard to give an assessment on Winnipeg right now only because we need to see what your rfa's get paid ie how much wiggle room do you guys have. Like I previously stated I think you guys are gonna have a monster year regardless of what happens!

TML has a good chance but really screwed themselves not moving Nylander for a RD last year .
if you had of i think Marner would be signed by now and your D core would be solid for more then 1 year (almost all UFA next year)

you're close and adding kerfoot was genius
now if you can find a way to move Nylander for a RD signed 3+ years under 25 you'd be set
Jul. 9, 2019 at 5:58 a.m.
I think laine turned the corner after his slump, and starting to figure it out, just a matter of getting him some linemates, he was carrying the puck and moving pretty good, he’s just gained such a bad reputation, I think he comes out flying this year, young guy learning the pro craft, he’s still growing into his frame and figuring out the proper playing weight, I think he started believing his hype a little more than he should have, but I think that slump may have humbled him. I think jets should gamble and lock him up longterm this summer as long as it’s a number they can deal with going forward.

This is what I was talking about, gaining new and different perspectivessmile thanks I watched him alot but not as closely as you, so I will definitely take your word for it. Thanks for the different point of view and the great back and forth hockey conversation. Greatly appreciated
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 6:07 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
This is what I was talking about, gaining new and different perspectivessmile thanks I watched him alot but not as closely as you, so I will definitely take your word for it. Thanks for the different point of view and the great back and forth hockey conversation. Greatly appreciated

I maybe 1 of very few with this belief, but that’s why they play the games, going to be a interesting season ahead, thank you and I also appreciate the feedback and differences of opinions is always good to improve the dialogue.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 6:13 a.m.
TML has a good chance but really screwed themselves not moving Nylander for a RD last year .
if you had of i think Marner would be signed by now and your D core would be solid for more then 1 year (almost all UFA next year)

you're close and adding kerfoot was genius
now if you can find a way to move Nylander for a RD signed 3+ years under 25 you'd be set

Thankssmile and always good talking to you my hockey convo friend. That said (and I know I'm in the minority here) but to me the reason why it was so important to keep Nylander (at least for nowwink lol) was for insurance in case Mich got offer sheeted or held out (which he is). Weather we traded Nylander or not Marner would be pulling this same crap, actually it's primarily his agent (he has a history of doing this with his other clients). You are definitely right about our D and it will be interesting too see how Dubas handles the situation. We have Sandin and Liligren who will be ready for next year (not this upcoming season) but they need sheltered minutes. Only time will tell. Ps sorry I haven't been on here as much, tge little ones are off for the summer.
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 6:18 a.m.
I maybe 1 of very few with this belief, but that’s why they play the games, going to be a interesting season ahead, thank you and I also appreciate the feedback and differences of opinions is always good to improve the dialogue.

That doesn't necessarily mean its bad thingsmile lol. Im a leafs fan and am in the minority. I can't wait for the season to start! Np like i said thank you as its people like you (open minded and unbiased) that make this site worth using!!! cheers and good luck with your signings, and season aheadsmile
Birtle34 and Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 7:07 a.m.
john_michael
1) Laine is RW, and RW only. That's the point with snipers, you can't really playing them off-wing. He usually moves to the left side when in O-zone to try one-timers, but he must play right side most of the time. Then we end up with too much RW. Laine, Caufield, Gallagher and Suzuki (and other should be there, like Ylonen for instance), this is a waste of talent on the right side IMO.

2) If you want Laine, you should add a more. Drouin, Juulsen and a 1st is not enough. The above proposal for Drouin, Juulsen, two 1st, a conditional 2nd and a 3rd is maybe a little too much. I would see something in between. Something like the equivalent of compensation picks for a RFA offer sheeted at 10,45 M$ (1st, 2nd, 3rd) + a prospect.

3) Harvey-Pinard is a reach there. So many guys will probably be there before him. I see Ikonen, Ylonen, Olofsson, Vejdemo, Evans more likely (even if they are all C except Ylonen).

4) Struble is only 17, he is a long term project. He will need a year or two in the NCAA. I honestly think we will not see him before 22-23 or maybe 23-24.
Billy739 and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2019 at 7:18 a.m.
Billy739
Thankssmile and always good talking to you my hockey convo friend. That said (and I know I'm in the minority here) but to me the reason why it was so important to keep Nylander (at least for nowwink lol) was for insurance in case Mich got offer sheeted or held out (which he is). Weather we traded Nylander or not Marner would be pulling this same crap, actually it's primarily his agent (he has a history of doing this with his other clients). You are definitely right about our D and it will be interesting too see how Dubas handles the situation. We have Sandin and Liligren who will be ready for next year (not this upcoming season) but they need sheltered minutes. Only time will tell. Ps sorry I haven't been on here as much, tge little ones are off for the summer.

i suppose that stands to reason , its just if you look at your team after this year your Dcore is Reilly as Ceci ,Muzzin,Barrie ,Holl and Marincin are UFA's in summer 2020 .

Sandin and Lilgren should be ready by the time most of the UFA's leave and Demott who's a RFA you'll likely retain .
its pretty close but you're likely not going to keep Muzzin,Barrie or Ceci .

i just think you're a Gostisbhere ,Brodie or Petry away from being a cup winning team .
CHI played a 5 and 4 man system in 2013 and 2015 relying the most heavily on their top 4 to all play 23+ minutes with Keith reaching 31minutes in the cup run.

TML needs to find a dominant PP specialist who can play Right side and help chew up the minutes for your 2 young guns sheltering them from being pushed through their development like you were mentioning . i think Gostisbhere would be perfect for TML with him and Reilly both playing LD and RD they could constantly cycle to mess with match ups and create space . If you could turn a Nylander into a Gostisbhere and a Strome or Ratcliffe then TML gets better ,deeper and ready for a cup run

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll