SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Boston Bruins signed Danton Heinen (2 Years / $2,800,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: Danny12357
You can't really use the insane steal that Labanc's contract represents to undervalue Heinen. $2.8M for his contract seems like solid value. Similar signings this summer were Kerfoot, Johnsson, and Kapanen. All outscored Heinen last year, and got more term for higher AAVs, but all are considered fair contracts. Maybe Boston could have pushed to get a bit more term on say a $3-$3.1M deal, which might have been better in the long run, but this seems like a completely fair deal given the market and his contributions.

I'm def. not trying to undervalue Heinen. I think his deal was 100% fair. Just b/c Labanc was underpaid on the same day doesn't mean Heinen was overpaid. I stand by my original statement that Labanc is more valuable than Heinen, and that is in no way a judgement against Heinen. I've just never seen a player sign for about 1/3 of their worth.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
Y'all idiots for comparing Labanc's contract to Heinen's contract. Labanc will be betting on himself; helps SJ by taking discount. The market won't change because " Kevin Labanc " decided to sign for lesser than he's worth smh
Jul. 11, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
I'm def. not trying to undervalue Heinen. I think his deal was 100% fair. Just b/c Labanc was underpaid on the same day doesn't mean Heinen was overpaid. I stand by my original statement that Labanc is more valuable than Heinen, and that is in no way a judgement against Heinen. I've just never seen a player sign for about 1/3 of their worth.

Completely valid, I read it as saying Heinen isn't worth his deal because of the comparison to Labanc.

Labanc is insanely underpaid, his deal is great for the team, but no idea why he would get that little. Even if he was trying to leave money on the table by taking a 1 year show me deal, you would figure it woudl start with at least $2M. A young guy coming off an ELC in a sport as dangerous as hockey shouldn't be giving up that kind of discount. It's not likely that he gets a career ending or altering injury, but the fact is he even an extra $1M in guaranteed income is huge for a guy who hasn't really earned all that much so far.
Brian2016 liked this.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:56 p.m.
Quoting: Danny12357
Completely valid, I read it as saying Heinen isn't worth his deal because of the comparison to Labanc.

Labanc is insanely underpaid, his deal is great for the team, but no idea why he would get that little. Even if he was trying to leave money on the table by taking a 1 year show me deal, you would figure it woudl start with at least $2M. A young guy coming off an ELC in a sport as dangerous as hockey shouldn't be giving up that kind of discount. It's not likely that he gets a career ending or altering injury, but the fact is he even an extra $1M in guaranteed income is huge for a guy who hasn't really earned all that much so far.

Exactly. BOS is in an extremely tight cap situation too. The fact is, if Labanc were to regress next season, he's not gonna get an extra million just to even things up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit