Forums/Armchair-GM

If I were GM

Created by: BuckoJoyde
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 10, 2019
Published: Jul. 10, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This goes up until the day before the draft for the 19-20 season where I would be shopping Lindholm or Fowler. Anyways, I have a-lot to explain. First off, sorry if trades are off and feel free to let me know. For instance, Jesse P could cost us more considering were in the same division as the Oilers. That being said the furthest I go is adding Sherwood or Jones and maybe a 21/22 3rd. To add onto to that I know that Jess P contract could be heavily disputed. Anyways, I'm all about development. Steel, Comtois, Jones, Groulx, Guhle, Mahura, Lacombe and Lunderstrom are vital for this season since Zegras and Tracey won't be in the Nhl or Ahl. In a previous post I was harsh on Lunderstrom, but the more I think of him I see a Giroux that doesn't put up the points but is a great in the face-off circle as a LW. Furthermore, Im not here to tank but I expect to get another top 10 pick. Nevertheless, it will be a fun season with all the kids playing. I would have Jones and or Sherwood getting north of 40 games this year. In addition, I could see Zegras playing under 10 games this year towards the end of the season like Quinn Hughes if thats possible. In conclusion, I am open to discussion.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$700,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
3$700,000
3$700,000
3$800,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$750,000
1$800,000
3$3,000,000
Trades
ANA
  1. 2020 4th round pick (NYI)
NYR
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [RFA Rights]
  2. 2020 6th round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$81,500,000$57,044,666$0$2,497,500$24,455,334

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 2
$820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
UFA
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$745,000$745,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 10, 2019 at 4:31 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
I think thats an overpayment for Shattenkirk. Maybe a 6th could get it done
BuckoJoyde liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 4:35 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
Fair enough. Just wanted to be reasonable to the NYR.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 6:12 a.m.
Felicenapoli93
You can get picks and prospects in return with Shattenkirk for that
Jul. 10, 2019 at 6:19 a.m.
Regardless of where Puji ends up... I don’t think he gets 3.0 x 3... I think he gets 1.25 for 1 or 2 on a prove it to me contract...
Jul. 10, 2019 at 6:51 a.m.
Shatty has been bad in NY and even worse since his injury. I'd want something coming back with him to take on his full contract. Probably a 1st rounder like Marleau got CAR. NYR still need to re-sign Trouba, Buch, Lemieux, and Deangelo and only have 8M to do it. They're in a pickle and ANA should look to capitalise on it. I don't think Shatty + conditional 1st for a 6th/7th rounder is that unreasonable and could workout really well for ANA were Shatty to bounce back in a reduced role.

Puji has lost too many core development years to warrant that kind of return.

Moving Shore is "meh", but I don't understand the motivation if it is only for a 4th rounder.
BuckoJoyde liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 7:37 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
Edited Jul. 10, 2019 at 7:57 a.m.
@Fel93 Honestly the next two years are gonna be for development and I see Stattenkirk just being a guy we get before getting younger RHD in the upcoming draft while proving some leadership. Btw what can the Rangers even give us without it being unreasonable that is helpful to our future. Not to mention I rather not sign a free agent to the same money with longer term. But, I can definitely see the argument of getting a pick back. @mytduxfan the rangers are not the Leafs or Tampa in a cap crunch looking to win the ship this year no 1st rounder conditional or not thats for sure and I admit I am wrong that we should get more than shatty but more like a 2nd round pick in addition to the third we give that could be a 6th a mistake on my part. Onward I have a bias for JP I kinda of see him filling Kase spot in the future. Yes Kase has shown to be the better player and is completely different when we look at defense and more analytic stats such as Corsi however with all his injuries such as concussions his time is sadly coming to an end as a player I'm willing to commit to long term and I'm cool with giving the guy who was a former top 5 pick a shot with Steel and Comtois who are the future in my opinon and could help develop another player really well. Nevertheless, at anytime Kase is healthy I want him on the first line I don't undervalue him. Now Shore is someone i see us giving up at the trade deadline and he in my opinion does not warrant much as a third rounder. Cogs is lower in trade value trust me. Look at the empty net he missed in the WCF. Plus, why would we sign shore after this year when we have younger talent coming up and could get another player that we could develop. All that being said I think many of you don't understand we are not in the driver seat in terms of trades. We have too many young players who have potential to fill spots and no to mention they don't really hold value to the rest of the NHL. An prime example of this Terry who I would honestly give the same contact JP or Kase but is really overrated in the Ducks fan base at this point especially considering he just got injured and is not a big point contributor. The AHL stats when it comes to goals and assists doesn't translate to the NHL imo. But, yeah why not have Kase, JP and Terry no more than 3 million for a couple of years to really see what they can become. Anyways, I like the discussion thanks for commenting and I will respond to more. Sorry for being all over the place.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 8:25 a.m.
Quoting: Slezzy21
@Fel93 Honestly the next two years are gonna be for development and I see Stattenkirk just being a guy we get before getting younger RHD in the upcoming draft while proving some leadership. Btw what can the Rangers even give us without it being unreasonable that is helpful to our future. Not to mention I rather not sign a free agent to the same money with longer term. But, I can definitely see the argument of getting a pick back. @mytduxfan the rangers are not the Leafs or Tampa in a cap crunch looking to win the ship this year no 1st rounder conditional or not thats for sure and I admit I am wrong that we should get more than shatty but more like a 2nd round pick to addition to the third. Onward I have a bias for JP I kinda of see him filling Kase spot in the future. Yes Kase has shown to be the better player and is completely different when we look at defense and more analytic stats such as Corsi however with all his injuries such as concussions his time is sadly coming to an end as a player I'm willing to commit to long term and I'm cool with giving the guy who was a former top 5 pick a shot with Steel and Comtois who are the future in my opinon and could help develop another player really well. Nevertheless, at anytime Kase is healthy I want him on the first line I don't undervalue him. Now Shore is someone i see us giving up at the trade deadline and he in my opinion does not warrant much as a third rounder. Cogs is lower in trade value trust me. Look at the empty net he missed in the WCF. Plus, why would we sign shore after this year when we have younger talent coming up. All that being said I think many of you don't understand we are not in the driver seat in terms of trades. We have too many young players who have potential to fill spots and no to mention they don't really hold value to the rest of the NHL. An prime example of this Terry who I would honestly give the same contact JP or Kase but is really overrated in the Ducks fan base at this point especially considering he just got injured and is not a big point contributor. The AHL stats when it comes to goals and assists doesn't translate to the NHL imo. But, yeah why not have Kase, JP and Terry no more than 3 million for a couple of years to really see what they can become. Anyways, I like the discussion thanks for commenting and I will respond to more.

Wall of text! Very hard to read. Will break it down.

@mytduxfan the rangers are not the Leafs or Tampa in a cap crunch looking to win the ship this year no 1st rounder conditional or not thats for sure and I admit I am wrong that we should get more than shatty but more like a 2nd round pick to addition to the third.

Giving Panarin a massive contract and trading for Trouba would certainly suggest otherwise. Based on the Marleau contract, a 1st round pick is the going rate. Shatty even has an NTC, just like Marleau, so he could make it really awkward for NYR too.

Onward I have a bias for JP I kinda of see him filling Kase spot in the future. Yes Kase has shown to be the better player and is completely different when we look at defense and more analytic stats such as Corsi however with all his injuries such as concussions his time is sadly coming to an end as a player I'm willing to commit to long term and I'm cool with giving the guy who was a former top 5 pick a shot with Steel and Comtois who are the future in my opinon and could help develop another player really well. Nevertheless, at anytime Kase is healthy I want him on the first line I don't undervalue him.

Agree with you on Kase and that we need to be careful because of his injuries, but Kase isn't just a better player than Puji, he's in a different league, literally! I don't know how you can view Puji as a replacement for Kase. That is incredibly optimistic given that Puji isn't even an NHL player at this point.

Puji is 3 years removed from the draft now. Given he's a forward and they tend to progress quickly, he's a borderline bust at this point. He doesn't warrant that kind of return at all. If a team truly believe in him, they might through out a 2nd round pick. However, look at what Yakupov returned for EDM... and he was a former 1st OA pick! Young players, especially forwards, decline in value dramatically if they show limited progression. IMO, Puji doesn't warrant our consideration. We're stacked at W. Even if Kase goes down for the year, we still have Terry, Sprong, Silfverberg as our top 3 RW. Would Puji beat them out of a position? I don't think so. Therefore, giving up Ritchie + Larsson for the privilege of having Puji as a bench warmer/working the AHL, makes no sense and is just downright poor asset management.

Now Shore is someone i see us giving up at the trade deadline and he in my opinion does not warrant much as a third rounder. Cogs is lower in trade value trust me. Look at the empty net he missed in the WCF. Plus, why would we sign shore after this year when we have younger talent coming up. All that being said I think many of you don't understand we are not in the driver seat in terms of trades. We have too many young players who have potential to fill spots and no to mention they don't really hold value to the rest of the NHL. An prime example of this Terry who I would honestly give the same contact JP or Kase but is really overrated in the Ducks fan base at this point especially considering he just got injured and is not a big point contributor. The AHL stats when it comes to goals and assists doesn't translate to the NHL imo. But, yeah why not have Kase, JP and Terry no more than 3 million for a couple of years to really see what they can become. Anyways, I like the discussion thanks for commenting and I will respond to more.

Fine, trade Shore at the deadline then for a higher value pick. Not now when we have a history of losing players to injuries for long periods. Who knows what is going to happen. Very short-sighted to trade him now, especially for such a low pick and when we don't exactly need the cap space.

As far as the contract you've given Puji, it's terrible. He's done very little to get such money. You say that Terry is overrated, but he's shown a lot more promise than Puji. AHL numbers may not translate to the NHL, but at least Terry has those numbers. Puji's AHL numbers are awful and his NHL numbers are just as bad. Just to remind you, Terry had more points in less games than Puji this season in the NHL and dominated the AHL while Puji did nothing because of injuries. I don't know how you can think that Puji is worth that kind of contract. Very bad money management that will bite you in the future when Terry is due a raise.

You seem very hung-up on draft position. I would get over that and try to watch the players more. Terry is clearly very talented. He has his flaws, but he's well on his way to becoming a top 6 NHLer. Puji hasn't really improved since his draft year. He was almost NHL ready then, hence I am not surprised he's put up a few points in the NHL. However, potential doesn't mean anything if the player doesn't progress. I'd pass on Puji personally, but it's your Armchair GM.

Yes, good discussion.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll