SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vancouver Canucks signed Micheal Ferland (4 Years / $3,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 11, 2019 at 8:47 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
Yeah, I think this signing shows a real lack on the part of the penguins who just rushed out and got "their guy"
JR does that stupid crap all the time. He's like an old man with anxiety issues or something. This would have been a much better fit for the penguins especially at this contract.

Literally makes no sense because now Jim wants to move one of our quality forwards due to lack of cap space to sign our RFAs.
If Rust gets traded, I'll be beyond pissed
Jul. 11, 2019 at 8:54 a.m.
Go Flames Go!
Heeey, Benning didnt overpay a free agent this time, thats good!

But im still dissapointed as a Flames fan that he signed with the Canucks though, his clashes versus Kevin Bieksa in 2015 playoffs were really great. Since those times he really progressed as a player and Canucks fans should be really happy with this signing i think.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:04 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
This is much more stomachable than I thought it would be. Good pick up for the Canucks.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:19 a.m.
Look out Lord Stanley's Cup!! Here comes every team except the Vancouver Canucks!!!!!
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
That was a really good contract for the Canucks getting a 40-point power forward for 3,5 x 4 years. Strange that other teams weren't going after him for that low contract? Why didnt Carolina re-sign him?
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:10 a.m.
In a vacuum, this term and money seems decent, so I answered yes, but I don't think Vancouver is a team in a position to be making that type of add right now. This is the best of these types of signings Benning has made, and all by itself is solid. But this team is already getting into cap trouble because of previous moves and signings to try and add size and grit. Most of the other moves represent less value, so it's not that Ferland is a bad bet, just that he seems like a great add for a good team that has the space for him not for a team that is already paying big chunks of their cap for grit and snarl and will need to move out money to keep the part of their roster they are excited about.
Jul. 12, 2019 at 11:14 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
I had him at $3.3M AAV @ 4 years last week (down from 4 mill 1-2 month ago)... but in Tampa.
So i guess after we missed on Pavelski, we offered him less than 3 mill or less than 4 years ofc...
I thought we needed some grit... guess we dont.... rookie gm... please do something... rip yzerman's top tier signings/trades...

The Point contract negotiations is killing us in the offseason.... We can't do anything meaningful until it's done. Jeez....
I mean yes, we are fine, but i really would have liked to see what Ferland can do in Lightning's jersey in the playoffs. I mean yes, we are fine in the regular season next year, probably 50+ wins again, but still. Looks like no cup for us next year frown

So yeah, this is a really good deal for the Canucks(especially with that high canadian tax rate).
It will be fun to watch them next 2 years, if they make the playoffs or not. If they dont make playoffs next 2 years we might have a top 5-10 pick in the draft in 2021. Otherwise we always picking outside top20 unfortunately. At least no more FEET for us haha...

So Vancouver fans, what do u think about playoffs in 2020? Can the Canucks reach around ~95 points (+-5)? With Ferland,JT Miller,Myers,Benn added?
Or they might only reach around 90 points, and barely miss the playoffs?

It sure looks like they are trying hard to succeed next year. Can't wait for the next season start already! Gonna be a good one wink

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit