Forums/Armchair-GM

Latest RumorPerlini and Anisimov

Created by: ChiHawk
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 10, 2019
Published: Jul. 10, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Latest rumors is the Hawks are shopping Anisimov and Perlini together to get back a 2nd rounder...they believe getting nylander removes the need for Perlini. Great job Stan!

Heavy rotation of no namers up front; Nylander, Sikura, Kubalik, Wedin, Quenneville, Saarela...you'd think a couple of these guys have to stick.

DeHaan on LITR until Thanksiving or early December.

Dach unlikely to make the lineup. Kampf is slated for the 3C with Carpenter on the 4C.

Sure looks like a playoff team to me!...sarcasm
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (DAL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$62,105,019$0$4,290,000$19,394,981
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$753,333$753,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 10, 2019 at 8:32 p.m.
Source?
Jul. 10, 2019 at 8:35 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Source?

The Athletic today
Jul. 10, 2019 at 8:36 p.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Considering Darren Ferris (Marners agent) is perlinis agent hes probably looking for 10.5+ million per year for perlini. I'd say his agent probably priced perlini out of Chicago, but if they do trade perlini then theres no need to trade Arty until the next offseason or tdl if we miss the playoffs.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 8:48 p.m.
Quoting: CFMan
Considering Darren Ferris (Marners agent) is perlinis agent hes probably looking for 10.5+ million per year for perlini. I'd say his agent probably priced perlini out of Chicago, but if they do trade perlini then theres no need to trade Arty until the next offseason or tdl if we miss the playoffs.

Keith has been declining and looked good 1/3rd, decent 1/3rd and just plain bad the other third of the time on the ice. Seabs is okay for a 3rd pairing. Maatta is horribly slow and on most playoff teams wouldn't be more then a 3rd pairing. I struggle with understanding how this defense is good enough for the playoffs.

Couple that with the fact besides Cat, Toews, Kane, strome and Shaw...we have a lot of unknowns or bottom guys on the front lines. If Toews, Kane, Cat and Strome don't put up numbers like they did last year and or a couple of these new guys don't break out, the Hawks aren't making the playoffs.

I just don't see us in a much better position then we were this time last year. It's going to be a coin toss. If we miss the playoffs 3 years in a row after a 1st round creaming the year prior, this team will need a rebuild. Hate seeing the last few years us wasting our core players with a bunch of B- or less guys around them.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 9:37 p.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Quoting: ChiHawk
Keith has been declining and looked good 1/3rd, decent 1/3rd and just plain bad the other third of the time on the ice. Seabs is okay for a 3rd pairing. Maatta is horribly slow and on most playoff teams wouldn't be more then a 3rd pairing. I struggle with understanding how this defense is good enough for the playoffs.

Couple that with the fact besides Cat, Toews, Kane, strome and Shaw...we have a lot of unknowns or bottom guys on the front lines. If Toews, Kane, Cat and Strome don't put up numbers like they did last year and or a couple of these new guys don't break out, the Hawks aren't making the playoffs.

I just don't see us in a much better position then we were this time last year. It's going to be a coin toss. If we miss the playoffs 3 years in a row after a 1st round creaming the year prior, this team will need a rebuild. Hate seeing the last few years us wasting our core players with a bunch of B- or less guys around them.

I disagree. While I'm not a fan of the Maatta trade, hes good in his own end and we have de haan (who every hawks fan was screaming we sign last FA day). Last year we had Rutta/Manning in the line up, Ill take De Haan and Maatta over those 2. Theres nothing that indicates that our offense will have a down year but thats a possibility that every team faces. I think guys like Kubalik, Sikura, Saarela, Wedin, Perlini (hopefully) can bring that extra offense needed or maybe some our prospects are more ready than we think but we wont know until next week when development camp starts. And you forget to mention Lehner who is probably the biggest blessing this offseason. If crow isnt ready Lehner can easily take over for him and if crow is ready we have 2 legit nhl starters on our team playing night in and night out. Games that were once throw away games on the back to back or more winnable now. Lehner is a HUGE step up from Ward as much as I liked Ward. If we do miss the playoffs, which I think is unlikely we should start over. But if its a first round loss or even a sweep again we shouldnt overreact like we did when we traded Panarin. I'd say wait and see how things go the first 10 games. Also RIP Joki.
battadan liked this.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
I disagree. While I'm not a fan of the Maatta trade, hes good in his own end and we have de haan (who every hawks fan was screaming we sign last FA day). Last year we had Rutta/Manning in the line up, Ill take De Haan and Maatta over those 2. Theres nothing that indicates that our offense will have a down year but thats a possibility that every team faces. I think guys like Kubalik, Sikura, Saarela, Wedin, Perlini (hopefully) can bring that extra offense needed or maybe some our prospects are more ready than we think but we wont know until next week when development camp starts. And you forget to mention Lehner who is probably the biggest blessing this offseason. If crow isnt ready Lehner can easily take over for him and if crow is ready we have 2 legit nhl starters on our team playing night in and night out. Games that were once throw away games on the back to back or more winnable now. Lehner is a HUGE step up from Ward as much as I liked Ward. If we do miss the playoffs, which I think is unlikely we should start over. But if its a first round loss or even a sweep again we shouldnt overreact like we did when we traded Panarin. I'd say wait and see how things go the first 10 games. Also RIP Joki.

I'd rather have Jokiharju and Kahun over Maatta and Nylander any day of the week. That is essentially what happened with those two trades. Bad moves. Wait till Hawks fans see a full year of Maatta....I'm betting most don't realize how bad this guy is easily beaten by players with speed. He costs the Pens at least 1 if not 2 high risk scoring chances by the opponents every game he played...which was only 1/2 the games due to injuries.

Perlini is being shopped, that was confirmed by two different writers for The Athletic one saying likely with Anisimov. I think it's safe to say, given that Perlini isn't signed yet, he is out the door.

I expect good things from Kubalik and he should produce as good if not better then Kahun, but wouldn't you rather have Kahun and Kubalik then Nylander, Wedin, Saarela? I really am pulling for Sikura to take a jump this year...he has a high IQ and good speed and puck handling, he just needs to grow into his frame more with some size.

I think Saarela is the wild card here, if he can put it together along with Kubalik, we might be okay up front. Wedin, Quenneville, and Nylander I don't expect much from. Nylander has the tools but the wrong attitude and no drive...Hawks should keep him on a very short leash during camp and preseason. Wedin and Quenneville I just don't see much to their game other then a borderline AHL/NHL player. Kubalik is the bright spot and again Saarela may surprise us.

This is the thing though; we have DeHaan out for 1/3rd of the season and I do like that pickup. But from the middle of last season, I've been screaming the hawks need a middle LHD shutdown guy (DeHaan) and a top 6 legit winger (they didn't get that). Instead we got rid of Kahun, Jokiharju, and got back DeHaan (again that's good), Maatta (3rd pairing we didn't need), Shaw (we paid a bit much for him but okay), Carpenter (didn't really need but low cost), and Lehner (makes sense if Crow is done after this year) and a bunch of no name guys.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 10:43 p.m.
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Quoting: ChiHawk
I'd rather have Jokiharju and Kahun over Maatta and Nylander any day of the week. That is essentially what happened with those two trades. Bad moves. Wait till Hawks fans see a full year of Maatta....I'm betting most don't realize how bad this guy is easily beaten by players with speed. He costs the Pens at least 1 if not 2 high risk scoring chances by the opponents every game he played...which was only 1/2 the games due to injuries.

Perlini is being shopped, that was confirmed by two different writers for The Athletic one saying likely with Anisimov. I think it's safe to say, given that Perlini isn't signed yet, he is out the door.

I expect good things from Kubalik and he should produce as good if not better then Kahun, but wouldn't you rather have Kahun and Kubalik then Nylander, Wedin, Saarela? I really am pulling for Sikura to take a jump this year...he has a high IQ and good speed and puck handling, he just needs to grow into his frame more with some size.

I think Saarela is the wild card here, if he can put it together along with Kubalik, we might be okay up front. Wedin, Quenneville, and Nylander I don't expect much from. Nylander has the tools but the wrong attitude and no drive...Hawks should keep him on a very short leash during camp and preseason. Wedin and Quenneville I just don't see much to their game other then a borderline AHL/NHL player. Kubalik is the bright spot and again Saarela may surprise us.

This is the thing though; we have DeHaan out for 1/3rd of the season and I do like that pickup. But from the middle of last season, I've been screaming the hawks need a middle LHD shutdown guy (DeHaan) and a top 6 legit winger (they didn't get that). Instead we got rid of Kahun, Jokiharju, and got back DeHaan (again that's good), Maatta (3rd pairing we didn't need), Shaw (we paid a bit much for him but okay), Carpenter (didn't really need but low cost), and Lehner (makes sense if Crow is done after this year) and a bunch of no name guys.

Yeah I'd rather have them too tbh. I didnt see anything about perlini being shopped on the athletic, which author wrote it? With Nylander, looking at past scouting reports they said that hes fast and one scouting report even compared his style (not potential) to Patty Kane and that he MIGHT have been the better nylander brother. No offense to Buffalo but theyve had a rough go of developing players with the exception of Reinhart. Dahlin and Eichel were already NHL ready, I'm having a hard time finding a player theyve developed well from scratch and Nylander might be a by-product of that environment but 21 is still young enough to turn it around especially in a very pro-swedish environment under Colliton. I think its a mixed bag for the most part but the Jokiharju pill is a hard one to swallow.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 10:54 p.m.
Yeah I'd rather have them too tbh. I didnt see anything about perlini being shopped on the athletic, which author wrote it? With Nylander, looking at past scouting reports they said that hes fast and one scouting report even compared his style (not potential) to Patty Kane and that he MIGHT have been the better nylander brother. No offense to Buffalo but theyve had a rough go of developing players with the exception of Reinhart. Dahlin and Eichel were already NHL ready, I'm having a hard time finding a player theyve developed well from scratch and Nylander might be a by-product of that environment but 21 is still young enough to turn it around especially in a very pro-swedish environment under Colliton. I think its a mixed bag for the most part but the Jokiharju pill is a hard one to swallow.

Given all these no name guys, I think Kahun is a tough pill to swallow too; at least he was proven. Nylander could be lightning in a bottle but the scouts on twitter were all saying the same thing; the guy is lazy and doesn't want to earn a role he thinks he automatically deserves one.

It was from Corey Pronman in the comments section of The Athletic from an article the last 24 hours.
Jul. 10, 2019 at 11:57 p.m.
Chicago
The hawks are in a much better position defensively at the moment, I would have much rather moved Joker with Seabrook in a big cap dump deal, and use that cap space to sign a top 6 F to maintain the scoring. Saarela is a promising young player, still only 22 with 30 goals in the AHL, he will get a look in the top 6. He works hard on both ends of the ice, and I see some Marian Hossa in his game. Kubalik is another speedy skilled forward that has loads of offensive talent. Like you said prior, one or two of these guys are bound to stick, there's no way Sikura, Saarela, Kubalik, Quenneville, Nylander all bust. Someone will work out at least.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll