Forums/Armchair-GM

Are we even a fit for risto

Created by: Salzy
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 11, 2019
Published: Jul. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I understand we have a need at RD, but from what I've seen BUF fans would want a top 6 forward back, Something I don't think we can afford to give. We need more offense, I just don't see a trade fit here.

I feel like asks from BUF would be along the lines of:
Rakell
Kase + Pick

Is that it? Would a Risto for Henrique deal work? (Doesnt need to be 1 for 1) thats probably the only guy I'd be fine willing to move. Am I off base here? let me know
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$55,131,258$0$2,182,500$26,368,742
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,541,000$1,541,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 2
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 3
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:41 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Risto for Henrique would make sense. maybe anaheim adds some pick but not much. Risto is really really bad defensively so Lindholm-Ristolainen pairing would make sense.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Buffalo fan here,

I'd do Risto for Rakell, Kase, Lindholm or Steel 1 for 1

However I think only Rakell or Lindholm would be realisitic 1 for 1 trades in the NHL. Kase would require Ana to add picks and Buffalo a prospect. Steel I'm not sure, but it wouldn't be 1 for 1.

Rakell or Kase are the only guys I could see leaving Ana realistically in a Risto trade.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
Risto for Henrique would make sense. maybe anaheim adds some pick but not much. Risto is really really bad defensively so Lindholm-Ristolainen pairing would make sense.

big emphasis on the really really bad part.
Salzy and SammyT_51 liked this.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:46 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: hanson493
big emphasis on the really really bad part.

for sure. He is terrible defensively
Jul. 11, 2019 at 9:48 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51

Thats what I thought. I see Risto as a fit with the Ducks, but I dont see ANA and BUF as a trade fit here if that makes sense.

Quoting: timmeejr
Buffalo fan here,

However I think only Rakell or Lindholm would be realisitic 1 for 1 trades in the NHL. Kase would require Ana to add picks and Buffalo a prospect. Steel I'm not sure, but it wouldn't be 1 for 1.

Rakell or Kase are the only guys I could see leaving Ana realistically in a Risto trade.

I wouldnt do Rakell, Lindholm or Steel, Rakell is our best offensive player imo and should not be moved unless its a vast overpay, Lindholm is arguably our best defenseman and I would not even consider a deal involving him for anyone realistic, and Steel might slot in as a 1A/B centre behind Getz this season.
I could live with Kase even though he is one of my favourites but even then I'm iffy on trading away a 20 goal man from this roster
Jul. 11, 2019 at 10:18 a.m.
BUF would have to add if they want Rakell or Kase, i could see like Henrique and a third for Risto
Jul. 11, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
Buffalo fan here,

Yeah, we’d also like to shaft you out of players that aren’t available. Risto 1 for 1 for any of those guys, except Kase, is laughable. A 2nd pairing D-man coming off one of the worst defensive performances in club history and you are only willing to do deals for either a 1st line back-to-back 30 goalscorer, a top pairing D-man, or a potential top line C. Get real.

We’re only asking about Risto because it’s been reported he’s being shopped. No one is coming and begging you for him. Risto isn’t getting packaged for a bigger piece. You’re going to get the quantity in any deal for Risto or he isn’t getting moved (we don’t care if he is moved or not, just asking because, like I said, he’s reportedly being shopped).

Seriously, the delusion around player value is sometimes absolutely astonishing.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 5:36 p.m.
Quoting: Salzy
Thats what I thought. I see Risto as a fit with the Ducks, but I dont see ANA and BUF as a trade fit here if that makes sense.

I wouldnt do Rakell, Lindholm or Steel, Rakell is our best offensive player imo and should not be moved unless its a vast overpay, Lindholm is arguably our best defenseman and I would not even consider a deal involving him for anyone realistic, and Steel might slot in as a 1A/B centre behind Getz this season.
I could live with Kase even though he is one of my favourites but even then I'm iffy on trading away a 20 goal man from this roster

BUF and ANA certainly aren’t good trade partners if the BUF management expect the same return for Risto as their fans. Absolutely horrendous counter offers.

Now I understand the Rakell + 1st for Eichel thread. I think Rakell + 2nd for Eichel is a closer comparison to what is being counter-offered here.

Would consider Kase + small add for Risto, but only because he’s a concussion risk. If I was confident Kase could stay healthy and have a long and happy career, no way I even consider it. Risto is good offensively, but very flawed defensively. He’d be #4 on our team. The idea we’d move our #1W, #1D or #2 prospect for him is absolutely nonsensical.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 7:53 a.m.
Quoting: mytduxfan
Yeah, we’d also like to shaft you out of players that aren’t available. Risto 1 for 1 for any of those guys, except Kase, is laughable. A 2nd pairing D-man coming off one of the worst defensive performances in club history and you are only willing to do deals for either a 1st line back-to-back 30 goalscorer, a top pairing D-man, or a potential top line C. Get real.

We’re only asking about Risto because it’s been reported he’s being shopped. No one is coming and begging you for him. Risto isn’t getting packaged for a bigger piece. You’re going to get the quantity in any deal for Risto or he isn’t getting moved (we don’t care if he is moved or not, just asking because, like I said, he’s reportedly being shopped).

Seriously, the delusion around player value is sometimes absolutely astonishing.

The point of what I'm saying is that you guys don't have many pieces that help the Sabres either. The guys are the ones I listed that would actually fit on our team for what we need. We have an abundance of Bottom-6 guys, and too many D.

And in the case of a Risto trade, RHD are harder to come by, so their value is usually higher than a LHD of the same caliber. So the idea of over-valuing risto is because Hockey GMs can be really dumb people at times.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 12:44 p.m.
The point of what I'm saying is that you guys don't have many pieces that help the Sabres either. The guys are the ones I listed that would actually fit on our team for what we need. We have an abundance of Bottom-6 guys, and too many D.

And in the case of a Risto trade, RHD are harder to come by, so their value is usually higher than a LHD of the same caliber. So the idea of over-valuing risto is because Hockey GMs can be really dumb people at times.

No, the point is that we're not approaching you asking for an unavailable player like Eichel, where you have every right to ask for the moon. Multiple sources have reported that Risto is being shopped. That doesn't mean he's being given away, but it does suggest that Risto may be available in a 1-for-1 or a package type deal. That doesn't mean teams are approaching you offering you better players than Risto for Risto+, that doesn't happen and is the thought process of delusional fan living in NHL 19. I mean, we'd all love to take players that are redundant, not performing well, injured, on bad contracts, etc., package them up with a prospect or pick, and turn them into better players that we actually need, but that's not how hockey works.

We have plenty of players that you need. You need a legit 2C (Henrique - he's not a bottom 6er) until Mittelstadt/Cozen is good enough, you need more scoring on your wings (Kase - again not a bottom 6er). Don't pretend like there isn't a 1-for-1 or a package deal that couldn't be put together for Risto. What won't happen is that we take a package deal containing Risto from BUF for players that aren't available and are better/more valuable than Risto. Risto being shopped, not Rakell, Lindholm, or Steel. Just moronic to even suggest it. It is the equivalent of BUF fans suggesting "Rakell for Risto + 2nd", assuming that Rakell was reportedly being shopped (which he isn't), and us ANA fans turning around and saying "how about Rakell + 1st for Eichel? He's the only player we need". How would you feel about that?

And you're wrong, good RHD are hard to come by. High offence, #4/5/6 RHDs with no defensive upside whatsoever are easy to come by. We traded one to you not so long ago in Montour and now you also have Colin Miller. It's the RHDs that can do it that are really hard to come by. Risto doesn't fall into that category unfortunately and players like him are easy to come by, or certainly easier than good LHDs.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 8:38 p.m.
Buffalo fan here,

Fellow Sabres fan here,
Dude you gotta stop overvaluing Risto like that. If any of those players are in a deal that would be insane. I would do Kase 1 f 1 but even that seems unlikely.
Salzy liked this.
Jul. 29, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: tscaccia
Fellow Sabres fan here,
Dude you gotta stop overvaluing Risto like that. If any of those players are in a deal that would be insane. I would do Kase 1 f 1 but even that seems unlikely.

As far as we know the perceived value for Risto is a T6 forward. Anything less than that, I don't see GMJB pulling the trigger.

Honestly I'm fine with a 7th round pick for Risto, but I can guarantee JB gets more than that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll