Forums/Armchair-GM

One More Move and ON Roster

Created by: ForsbergForVezina
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 11, 2019
Published: Jul. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Rumor has it the Hawks are looking to package Perlini and Anisimov in return for a pick, but perhaps it would be better to trade for a legit two-way 3C, who plays physically but also has shown potential as a point producer. Don't know what we'd have to add, but Ottawa is getting a pretty nice deal, receiving two top 9 forwards for one. As frustrating as the Jokiharju trade was, it was unlikely he'd make the team this fall and I doubt Nylander will either. Rockford will have some nice forward depth to start the season, with Saarela, Nylander and Versteeg acquired and Highmore returning from injury. If all goes well, maybe all of them could be on the big league team at some point (yes, that includes Versteeg because nostalgia). Something else about the forwards, I really think Sikura could be effective on the top line. His fancy stats are pretty good and he had some nice chemistry with Saad and Toews. Better option than Caggiula imo.

Defensively is where this team becomes a playoff contender or a 9th seed. With De Haan likely out for the first month or so of the season, Koekkoek or Dahlstrom probably get rotated in and out of the lineup. Hopefully one of them will show true top-6 potential or else our bottom pair might become an issue. I also think Dennis Gilbert could be an option; he did get an audition at the end of last season. It's more likely he's AHL depth, at least to start. If he does become an NHLer within the next few years, look for him to get snagged by Seattle.

The Crawford-Lehner debate will be an interesting one this season. Hopefully both of them put up .925 save percentages with 30 wins each and make deciding between the two impossible.

Playoff team? If everything goes right, I think they're the 3 seed in the Central. If everything goes wrong, probably the 6 seed
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$68,138,353$0$3,357,500$13,361,647
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
Can't see Kane on the 2nd line given that while they would score a lot, they would also get scored on a lot since none of those guys are defensive forwards. I think moving Kane to the 1st and Shaw to the 2nd line and Saad to the 3rd line possibly makes a lot of sense.

Interesting trade, but are we giving up AA and Perlini for a so so 1 year rental?

De Haan is out for more then a month. He likely won't be back until the 1st week of December.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
This looks great, I really like this lineup. This is definitely the best it will get, but I think realistically our ceiling is a wild card team at best. The defense is improved, but we are still missing an elite talent (Keith is past his prime and Gus is a 2nd pairing guy at best). The forward depth is improved, but still seemingly lacking a top six winger and a solid bottom six player (this could easily be Kubalik/Saarela/Nylander/Wedin, so it’s down the priority list). Things are really going to have to fall our way to squeeze into the playoffs, because this is an objectively worse team that Nashville, Colorado, Winnipeg, and arguably Dallas and St. Louis.

Also, Versteeg is on an AHL contract so he can’t be brought up. RIP the dream.
ForsbergForVezina liked this.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:43 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Can't see Kane on the 2nd line given that while they would score a lot, they would also get scored on a lot since none of those guys are defensive forwards. I think moving Kane to the 1st and Shaw to the 2nd line and Saad to the 3rd line possibly makes a lot of sense.

Interesting trade, but are we giving up AA and Perlini for a so so 1 year rental?

De Haan is out for more then a month. He likely won't be back until the 1st week of December.

I think a rental is exactly what we need given that Dach is coming next year to replace whoever we get. We won’t be able to get much more than that anyway.

As for De Haan, he was said to be out 4-6 months after May 21st, so your estimation of the first week of December is extremely pessimistic, even after he said that he feels his recovery is going very well and that he is ahead of schedule. I think he misses at most a month.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.
Quoting: Petrock83
I think a rental is exactly what we need given that Dach is coming next year to replace whoever we get. We won’t be able to get much more than that anyway.

As for De Haan, he was said to be out 4-6 months after May 21st, so your estimation of the first week of December is extremely pessimistic, even after he said that he feels his recovery is going very well and that he is ahead of schedule. I think he misses at most a month.

Hawks aren't going to rush him back, you can count on that. Definitely not given it's the beginning of the season and for a D guy who's expected to check, that shoulder better be 100% before coming back. Most professional estimates have him back between Thanksgiving and the 1st week of December for those reasons.

I think AA and Perlini get more then a 1 year rental. I'd be talking to MTL or Edmonton
Jul. 11, 2019 at 12:03 p.m.
I definitely think Kabulik and Kampf will be kept together (many are saying they compliment each other well), and yeah Sikura has some nice talent but put that on that third line who's going to be looking to get pucks on net, with Shaw being a big body in front of the net. Caggiula is nice on that first line because he can shut down some top players, where Sikura makes a lot more mistakes, and will give up a lot of goals one a line that should win 5v5 against almost any team (if they want playoffs that is)
Jul. 11, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.
Go Jets, Go Hawks
Dach is ready now....He will be the 3rd line C. THe 2nd line is exactly the same 2nd line for a good part of last year after the Strome pickup. Dach on the 3rd line with Perlini, and potentially Caggiula or Shaw is exactly the type of line that can go up against some big players/lines in the central. That line should be fun to watch. Anisimov needs to go, not because of poor performance but because they need the room....he is too good to be a 4th line C, and not as effective as a winger. I also think Nylander is that top six winger you speak of....he is better than his brother who is a top 6 in a just as talented forward group in Toronto (bad year last year). Yes, the central will be tough...but I think this team will be in the thick of the top 3 in the division (which I doubt anyone will run away with), and potentially both wildcards coming from. The Hawks should be a playoff team....just getting in from this division is success. The division is one of the best I've seen in my lifetime....
Jul. 11, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: ChiHawk

You're probably right about the 2nd line and I've heard that before. Now that we have two really solid top lines, maybe they could afford to play Kane and Toews together. That said, I don't like Shaw on the second line. He's never really been a top-6 forward and I wouldn't want him bringing DeBrincat and Strome down. Maybe it's a fit, but I'm just not sure.

Pageau may be a rental, but he's a more than capable stopgap until Dach, Highmore or Barratt are NHL ready. I know Hawks fans are super split on whether or not Dach is ready (I personally don't think he is, beyond 9 games or so), if they feel he is, perhaps they could trade Anisimov and Perlini for a pick like was planned.
Jul. 11, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: Petrock83
This looks great, I really like this lineup. This is definitely the best it will get, but I think realistically our ceiling is a wild card team at best. The defense is improved, but we are still missing an elite talent (Keith is past his prime and Gus is a 2nd pairing guy at best). The forward depth is improved, but still seemingly lacking a top six winger and a solid bottom six player (this could easily be Kubalik/Saarela/Nylander/Wedin, so it’s down the priority list). Things are really going to have to fall our way to squeeze into the playoffs, because this is an objectively worse team that Nashville, Colorado, Winnipeg, and arguably Dallas and St. Louis.

Also, Versteeg is on an AHL contract so he can’t be brought up. RIP the dream.

I could be wrong, but can't they sign Versteeg to an NHL contract if they really like him in camp? I know that's how it works in baseball lol, I think there are similar rules for the NHL
Jul. 11, 2019 at 5:45 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: ajliebmann
I definitely think Kabulik and Kampf will be kept together (many are saying they compliment each other well), and yeah Sikura has some nice talent but put that on that third line who's going to be looking to get pucks on net, with Shaw being a big body in front of the net. Caggiula is nice on that first line because he can shut down some top players, where Sikura makes a lot more mistakes, and will give up a lot of goals one a line that should win 5v5 against almost any team (if they want playoffs that is)

Perhaps Kubalik and Kampf are kept together. That said, Kubalik was a top scorer in the Swiss league, not a great shutdown guy. Kampf is a better defensive player, but there isn't a ton of offense there. Maybe playing them together brings out the best in both, but I think that the third line I've got here is nice and balanced, which is where a new guy like Kubalik should start, while Kampf fulfills his role on the fourth line.

As for the Saad-Toews-Sikura line, I really believe in it. The numbers are really promising in my opinion and my personal eye tests support it. I don't know if this link will work properly, but these are some of the underlying numbers for that line from last season.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20182019&thruseason=20182019&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=CHI&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2018-10-03&td=2019-04-06&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8476438&p2=8473604&p3=8478106&p4=0&p5=0

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll