Trade Details
Toronto Maple Leafs Acquire:
Toronto Maple Leafs
Future Considerations
Jul 12 at 5:09
AwesomeMatthews
Why?
Jul 12 at 5:11
Dakota Joshua looks like a decent prospect. He put up decent numbers which translates some potential to becoming a bottom 6 guy. Depending on what the condition is, but I say the Blues get an easy win here.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul 12 at 5:14
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: HabsForEver
Dakota Joshua looks like a decent prospect. He put up decent numbers which translates some potential to becoming a bottom 6 guy. Depending on what the condition is, but I say the Blues get an easy win here.

What condition?
Jul 12 at 5:15
rangersandislesfan
Why would Toronto give him up for nothing? He doesn't even count toward the contract limit as he is unsigned?
Jul 12 at 5:17
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
What condition?

"Future considerations".

It could mean anything from a player/pick/coffee/thank you ETC.
Jul 12 at 5:22
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Why?

Hes 23, Marlies are packed, F.Gordeev went same way.....and R.McGregor
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul 12 at 5:22
rangersandislesfan
"Future considerations".

It could mean anything from a player/pick/coffee/thank you ETC.

Has it ever turned into a player or a pick? It's absolutely nothing.
habs_fan123 liked this.
Jul 12 at 5:26
Why?

Quoting: Laudan
Hes 23, Marlies are packed, F.Gordeev went same way.....and R.McGregor

He played 4 years at OSU. It was either trade him and get him out of the division, or let him become a free agent when he didn't sign.
Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Jul 12 at 5:35
Has it ever turned into a player or a pick? It's absolutely nothing.

Kris Draper trade future considertions was ($1)
Jeff Beukeboom to the Rangers for David Shaw was the future considerations part of the Messier for Nicholls, Rice, and Debrusk.

You can't trade a player away for nothing. The future considerations have to be something, it can be something stupid like taking the GM out for Dinner or something else.
Jul 12 at 5:43
rangersandislesfan
Kris Draper trade future considertions was ($1)
Jeff Beukeboom to the Rangers for David Shaw was the future considerations part of the Messier for Nicholls, Rice, and Debrusk.

You can't trade a player away for nothing. The future considerations have to be something, it can be something stupid like taking the GM out for Dinner or something else.

Or sometimes it can be nothing. I think it can, at least. I don't know. But it's not going to be a pick or anything.
Jul 12 at 5:45
best poster
it's probably something really minor like swapping picks in a late round.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul 12 at 6:24
Why?

Is this Future Considerations guy any good?

He's name's pretty cool - can he play RD?
rangersandislesfan, Trickster, oneX and 2 others liked this.
Jul 12 at 6:44
Dakota wasn't one of Dubas-Shanny's hand picked Drafted players and he needed a contract signed before the end of summer or he would become UFA. I guess since he is an All American college boy he wasn't going to sign for a Canadian team. Dubas should have at least got another 7th Rd pick for him. I guess the future consideration is for when Pietrangelo doesn't resign this winter, the Blues will listen more closely to Dubas trade offers.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul 12 at 6:52
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: mondo
it's probably something really minor like swapping picks in a late round.

Like what type of pick swap? Because it's not like STL will trade a higher pick to TOR for a later pick.
Jul 12 at 6:57
Or sometimes it can be nothing. I think it can, at least. I don't know. But it's not going to be a pick or anything.

It can't be nothing. It has to be something. It has to be written in the trade what the future consideration is. It's just on paper. The consideration can literally be a head nod next time they see each other.
Jul 12 at 6:58
rangersandislesfan
It can't be nothing. It has to be something. It has to be written in the trade what the future consideration is. It's just on paper. The consideration can literally be a head nod next time they see each other.

Didn't know that. But it's never a pick or prospect or whatever, because otherwise it wouldn't be listed as future considerations.
HabsForEver liked this.
Jul 12 at 8:14
Discord COL's GM
Why?

I guess for depth? I mean he isn't exactly a Connor McDavid, so I mean low risk, high reward type thing. He had over 20 Points in 30 Games for Ohio St., so wouldn't exactly say he is the next big thing, but tbh I don't see Toronto using him. But we signed him a 925K contract for 2 years. I don't see him doing anything big for us.
AwesomeMatthews liked this.
Jul 12 at 8:17
Discord COL's GM
Why would Toronto give him up for nothing? He doesn't even count toward the contract limit as he is unsigned?

I guess either Joshua wanted out, or that he felt he was ready for Marlie minutes, and they didn't have that expectation out of him right now, so they let him slide. I guess Blues want him for purely AHL depth right now, because I don't see him transitioning to NHL ice at all in his career. 22 Points in 32 Games this year, and previous years it was better, so seems like he is regressing more than progressing. I wouldn't of thought much of it, but they signed him a 925K contract for 2 Years which is more than Robby Fabbri is making, so I guess they think he is a big deal.

Who knows tho, we'll see her in the future.
Jul 12 at 8:36
BtZ's buttercup
What if its Sundqvist to the Leafs?!?

Omgwtfbbq
oneX liked this.
Jul 12 at 8:52
I heard the future considerations is going to be engraving the leafs roster on the cup instead of the blues because the leafs were actually the best team in the league. The stupid playoff format is the reason they didn't win. Not that any team was better than them.
Jul 12 at 9:20
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
I guess either Joshua wanted out, or that he felt he was ready for Marlie minutes, and they didn't have that expectation out of him right now, so they let him slide. I guess Blues want him for purely AHL depth right now, because I don't see him transitioning to NHL ice at all in his career. 22 Points in 32 Games this year, and previous years it was better, so seems like he is regressing more than progressing. I wouldn't of thought much of it, but they signed him a 925K contract for 2 Years which is more than Robby Fabbri is making, so I guess they think he is a big deal.

Who knows tho, we'll see her in the future.

The first female NHLer? Lol jk Sticking Out Tongue
Jul 12 at 9:35
Quoting: DonkeyLips
I heard the future considerations is going to be engraving the leafs roster on the cup instead of the blues because the leafs were actually the best team in the league. The stupid playoff format is the reason they didn't win. Not that any team was better than them.

Relaaaaax my friend. Our Buds will get there. Someday.
Jul 12 at 10:04
Blues GM v4
It is amazing how there's almost a full page of comments on the most minor trade of the offseason
Jul 12 at 10:57
best poster
Quoting: krakowitz
It is amazing how there's almost a full page of comments on the most minor trade of the offseason

maple leafs do literally anything? you bet everyone has a take on that.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Submit Poll Edit