SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/STL) - Joshua for future considerations

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 12, 2019 at 11:37 p.m.
Quoting: rebecca
Relaaaaax my friend. Our Buds will get there. Someday.

Are you new here?
Jul. 12, 2019 at 11:49 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: krakowitz
It is amazing how there's almost a full page of comments on the most minor trade of the offseason

Yea, it amazing how some just think that all the picks selected are so darn good, sure fire NHLers and just can't be given away.

If a guy has seven kids, I'm sure at some point he wishes he could just give one or two away, because a couple just aren't worth the aggravation .
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 12:09 a.m.
AwesomeMatthews
Quoting: drewjenks
Is this Future Considerations guy any good?

He's name's pretty cool - can he play RD?

He's decent I just don't know why he didn't sign with the Leafs
Jul. 13, 2019 at 4:06 a.m.
Quoting: DonkeyLips
I heard the future considerations is going to be engraving the leafs roster on the cup instead of the blues because the leafs were actually the best team in the league. The stupid playoff format is the reason they didn't win. Not that any team was better than them.

lol,,,,its a joke.....right? RIGHT?!
Jul. 13, 2019 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
He played 4 years at OSU. It was either trade him and get him out of the division, or let him become a free agent when he didn't sign.

I doubt the Leafs were shaking in their boots at the thought of having to play against Dakota Joshua. I doubt the division was even a consideration.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 9:37 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews

And why would he want to be on the blues?
Jul. 13, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.
Quoting: Patriot12992
lol,,,,its a joke.....right? RIGHT?!

If you don't agree that last years leafs were above and beyond the best team ever then you must not watch a single second of hockey in your life.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 10:40 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
It is amazing how there's almost a full page of comments on the most minor trade of the offseason

Quoting: mondo
maple leafs do literally anything? you bet everyone has a take on that.

The worst leafs player could take a dump on the sidewalk and the whole city of Toronto would fight over who gets the privilege of picking it up. Like a wet, runny, diarrhea dump. And these idiots would literally get into fist fights over who gets to pick it up.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

He earned the right to be a UFA, spending all years in college and being 23 years of age. Maybe his selection of the Blues has more with their AHL farm team being closer to his/family home than the Marlies. But really his chances of being a NHLer is small. But good luck to him. He's still living the dream.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: MacerV
I doubt the Leafs were shaking in their boots at the thought of having to play against Dakota Joshua. I doubt the division was even a consideration.

if they didn't they wouldn't have bothered. they would have just let him walk free.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
if they didn't they wouldn't have bothered. they would have just let him walk free.

I mean if someone offers future considerations for guy you didn't plan on signing anyways its not like it hurts you to accept it. What are you going to do, hold out for a 7th? A 7th might in fact be what ends up being aquired, who knows.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 11:44 a.m.
Banned
I mean if someone offers future considerations for guy you didn't plan on signing anyways its not like it hurts you to accept it. What are you going to do, hold out for a 7th? A 7th might in fact be what ends up being aquired, who knows.

dude, future considerations means absolutely nothing. It's a nothing of a move. If anything they gave the kid the right to find a place to play. He found STL which is close to home and they said ok we'll give you the chance. So they sent him over. He was going there one way or another.

But you can bet if the kid was going to say Boston, they wouldn't have done it.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 12:07 p.m.
dude, future considerations means absolutely nothing. It's a nothing of a move. If anything they gave the kid the right to find a place to play. He found STL which is close to home and they said ok we'll give you the chance. So they sent him over. He was going there one way or another.

But you can bet if the kid was going to say Boston, they wouldn't have done it.

There's a lot of random things that future considerations can be, the most likely that I'm aware of is the option to swap picks in the future. Its pretty damn close to nothing but it isn't exactly nothing. Not worth mulling over, so I will give it no future consideration....

> But you can bet if the kid was going to say Boston, they wouldn't have done it.

Boston is like the only team I could see Toronto refusing to give a practically worthless asset to because there is an actual rivalry there. Toronto is fine trading in division as can be seen from their multiple trades with Ottawa the last couple seasons.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 12:14 p.m.
Banned
There's a lot of random things that future considerations can be, the most likely that I'm aware of is the option to swap picks in the future. Its pretty damn close to nothing but it isn't exactly nothing. Not worth mulling over, so I will give it no future consideration....

> But you can bet if the kid was going to say Boston, they wouldn't have done it.

Boston is like the only team I could see Toronto refusing to give a practically worthless asset to because there is an actual rivalry there. Toronto is fine trading in division as can be seen from their multiple trades with Ottawa the last couple seasons.

Really? Ottawa is your example? Does anyone actually think Ottawa is going anywhere any time soon? Yeah, they trade with them for cap dumps.

Just be honest about it. Teams don't trade with other teams in any way shape or form. The penguins don't really trade with Washington, Philly, Rangers. It is what it is.
If there was a kid in the same situation they would be the same way.

It is what it is. No one wants to put a kid they told wasn't good enough or didn't want to sign for them in their own division. It's simply easier to send them else where. Especially if it's a place they might want to go or have worked the deal out already.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 1:31 p.m.
Really? Ottawa is your example? Does anyone actually think Ottawa is going anywhere any time soon? Yeah, they trade with them for cap dumps.

Just be honest about it. Teams don't trade with other teams in any way shape or form. The penguins don't really trade with Washington, Philly, Rangers. It is what it is.
If there was a kid in the same situation they would be the same way.

I mean just looking at the past month and looking at ONLY in-division trades you have like half a dozen trades at the draft plus the Philly/Washington Niskanen for Gudas swap. I mean now that's three kinds of trades IN DIVISION;

- Cap trades
- Roster trades
- Pick trades

I'm not sure how many trades you need to have in division to admit that trades do happen within division.

It is what it is. No one wants to put a kid they told wasn't good enough or didn't want to sign for them in their own division. It's simply easier to send them else where. Especially if it's a place they might want to go or have worked the deal out already.

I think you're missing my point though which is that I doubt the leafs were wasting their time looking for a future considerations trade to move a guy who may one day become a 4th liner. Its just not an effective use of their time. The more likely scenario is that they just got a call from St. Louis and were like yeah, sure, fine.
thelastlongbow liked this.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 7:11 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
The future consideration. Blues owe the Leafs a 7th rounder from last years draft. Now with the Leaf trading the rights of Joshua....cancel that 7th rounder and the Leafs rocket up in the draft and now have aa 6th rounder.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 11:17 a.m.

Mr Considerations is the most traded player of all time. Sounds like a bit of a cancer in the dressing room if you ask me.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 28, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
habs_fan
its for future considerations so stl wins future considerations is literaly nothing
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 2, 2021 at 12:39 a.m.
torontos finest
this guy just scored. dubas fails again.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 2, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

He must be fired immediately
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 2, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

No, he was a going to be college UFA like Vesey, Fox and Marino were. You really can't give away a player who isn't really yours.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit