1. Marner, Mitchell [RFA Rights]
TOR
  1. Boqvist, Jesper
  2. Bratt, Jesper
  3. Vatanen, Sami
  4. 2020 1st round pick (NJD)
  5. 2022 1st round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
2021 Conditional 2nd: If Marner scores +95 points in 19/20 regular season.
Buyouts
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$65,780,833$0$5,832,500$15,719,167

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,325,000$2,325,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
RW
UFA - 6
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 3
$2,875,000$2,875,000
C
NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 3
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 4
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:56 p.m.
By aggressive you mean aggressively light.
Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:59 p.m.
tomato
If Marner was going to accept a deal anywhere close to that he would just do it with the Maple Leafs. A 28 year old oft injured soon to be UFA Vatanen isn't enticing in the least no matter how much is retained. Bratt isn't anything special, and while Boqvist is an intriguing prospect these spare parts dont come close to the value of Marner. Good youngish player(s) with term and a blue chip prospect in addition to the draft picks will be needed to get Toronto to even think of a trade.
Jul. 12, 2019 at 11:01 p.m.
torontos finest
devils don't really have any assets which would want the leafs to consider trading marner.
Jul. 12, 2019 at 11:43 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
devils don't really have any assets which would want the leafs to consider trading marner.

well we do, just not willing to part with them lol
Jul. 13, 2019 at 8:52 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: glc_0908

If you’re unwilling to part with the necessary assets to aquore him, then you cannot trade for Marner.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 9:22 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: TooMalevolent
By aggressive you mean aggressively light.

Bratt is just 20 and has a great upside to be a top 6 winger. Boqvist is the best Devils fw prospect which can play on all three position and has a great upside either. And Vatanen is a very good and consistent top 4 two-way d-man which can play on both sides. And I still give to Toronto a 1st, a 3rd and a conditional 2nd and you still think that's a "light agressive" offer? I thought to offer Hall, but Vatanen would be more useful to Toronto than Hall. Anyway, I'll swap the 3rd to another 1st. To me, that's the best reasonable offer possible.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: mondo

Not the best. But I think they have enough.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 9:31 a.m.
Let's go Pens!

As a fan you don't wanna see your team part with the necessary assets to get Marner? If I were a Devils fan, I would...
Jul. 13, 2019 at 9:38 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: tomato43
If Marner was going to accept a deal anywhere close to that he would just do it with the Maple Leafs. A 28 year old oft injured soon to be UFA Vatanen isn't enticing in the least no matter how much is retained. Bratt isn't anything special, and while Boqvist is an intriguing prospect these spare parts dont come close to the value of Marner. Good youngish player(s) with term and a blue chip prospect in addition to the draft picks will be needed to get Toronto to even think of a trade.

Man, Toronto don't have cap space to keep Marner. They would have to trade role players to sign with him and they'd have 3 players getting more than 10M, 3 players getting more than 33M. 4 players getting 40M when you put Nylander's salary. That's almost 50% of the ENTIRE salary cap. That's INSANE in a cap league!!! Sign Marner will put Toronto in a cap hell situation, like Chicago was recently. I agree that Toronto can get better assets than Devils can offer. But no matter which assets they'll get, they MUST trade Marner to build a competitive team for the next seasons.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: ChytilMania
If you’re unwilling to part with the necessary assets to aquore him, then you cannot trade for Marner.

i know thats my point

Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
As a fan you don't wanna see your team part with the necessary assets to get Marner? If I were a Devils fan, I would...

the assets for marner are the hischier hughes assets, not the retained vatanen assets

If toronto wants 2 firsts mcleoud rooney and bratt sure, but the trade in this post is more of a return and its still not close (per the responses)..The only point i was making, is one kid said we dont have assets, we do, but theyll be devils for a long time, they arent on the block for an awesome young winger looking for 12MM and a short term deal to cash in after the tv deal...I love marner, I'd give 4 firsts before Id trade hischier or hughes
ChytilMania liked this.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 2:29 p.m.
If that's what it costs to get him just place an offer sheet. You'd be better of.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 5:47 p.m.
Bratt is just 20 and has a great upside to be a top 6 winger. Boqvist is the best Devils fw prospect which can play on all three position and has a great upside either. And Vatanen is a very good and consistent top 4 two-way d-man which can play on both sides. And I still give to Toronto a 1st, a 3rd and a conditional 2nd and you still think that's a "light agressive" offer? I thought to offer Hall, but Vatanen would be more useful to Toronto than Hall. Anyway, I'll swap the 3rd to another 1st. To me, that's the best reasonable offer possible.

Lol Bratt is a fine player, but will not play in the leafs top 6, even with a Marner trade, and Vatanen is a UFA that is overated. Leafs got a better RD and forward in the Kadri trade. We are talking about Marner here. Boqvist is a good piece, but not the upside leafs would look for. Truth is any Marner trade talk starts with Hughes, which of course NJ says no. And then it moves to a reasonably discussion that starts with Hischier +, which I imagine NJ does not want as well. Truth is they just are not good trading partners- they would not want to give up anything that the leafs would desire in a Marner trade. And all of this just does not matter because Marner would never take 10.5 at full term. And if he did want to, leafs would have done it yesterday. In the end, only way devils get Marner is with an "aggressive" offer sheet. Which he most likely does not sign because he wants to stay in Toronto.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 5:56 p.m.
Man, Toronto don't have cap space to keep Marner. They would have to trade role players to sign with him and they'd have 3 players getting more than 10M, 3 players getting more than 33M. 4 players getting 40M when you put Nylander's salary. That's almost 50% of the ENTIRE salary cap. That's INSANE in a cap league!!! Sign Marner will put Toronto in a cap hell situation, like Chicago was recently. I agree that Toronto can get better assets than Devils can offer. But no matter which assets they'll get, they MUST trade Marner to build a competitive team for the next seasons.

Leafs could fit Marner at 11 million this year. Going forward, if they wanted to keep Marner and improve the team on D, yes they would have to trade role players. And as much as they would not ideally like to do it, they would do. Because they are role players. That is essentially the whole idea about them. You draft and develop to replace them, and you win with elite talent. And yeah, congrats, you have just described how wining in a cap league works. And this point by you does well to explain your initial trade offer that was awful - where you offered 2 role players, and a maybe player.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 6:44 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Lol Bratt is a fine player, but will not play in the leafs top 6, even with a Marner trade, and Vatanen is a UFA that is overated. Leafs got a better RD and forward in the Kadri trade. We are talking about Marner here. Boqvist is a good piece, but not the upside leafs would look for. Truth is any Marner trade talk starts with Hughes, which of course NJ says no. And then it moves to a reasonably discussion that starts with Hischier +, which I imagine NJ does not want as well. Truth is they just are not good trading partners- they would not want to give up anything that the leafs would desire in a Marner trade. And all of this just does not matter because Marner would never take 10.5 at full term. And if he did want to, leafs would have done it yesterday. In the end, only way devils get Marner is with an "aggressive" offer sheet. Which he most likely does not sign because he wants to stay in Toronto.

Bratt has POTENTIAL to be a top 6. I didn't say he already is. Not even in NJ. If I were Devils GM I wouldn' trade Hischier and trade Hughes would be insane. Hughes is considered the best prospect since McDavid. Even better than Matthews and Eichel. We'll see if he'll confirm the expectations...as for Marner, if I were him I'd wanna stay as well. But the fact is he can't. As I said, sign him will put Toronto in a cap hell situation for many many years. They must trade him or let him go for a offer sheet.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 6:45 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: richu12
If that's what it costs to get him just place an offer sheet. You'd be better of.

It's something to be considered...
Jul. 13, 2019 at 6:46 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
i know thats my point

the assets for marner are the hischier hughes assets, not the retained vatanen assets

If toronto wants 2 firsts mcleoud rooney and bratt sure, but the trade in this post is more of a return and its still not close (per the responses)..The only point i was making, is one kid said we dont have assets, we do, but theyll be devils for a long time, they arent on the block for an awesome young winger looking for 12MM and a short term deal to cash in after the tv deal...I love marner, I'd give 4 firsts before Id trade hischier or hughes

Hughes is completely off the table. He's considered the best prospect since McDavid. Devils would be stupid to do that. But they won't. I wouldn't trade Hischier as well.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 6:52 p.m.
Let's go Pens!

As for Vatanen, he's better than Ceci. And Ceci will be their 2nd pair D.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.
Bratt has POTENTIAL to be a top 6. I didn't say he already is. Not even in NJ. If I were Devils GM I wouldn' trade Hischier and trade Hughes would be insane. Hughes is considered the best prospect since McDavid. Even better than Matthews and Eichel. We'll see if he'll confirm the expectations...as for Marner, if I were him I'd wanna stay as well. But the fact is he can't. As I said, sign him will put Toronto in a cap hell situation for many many years. They must trade him or let him go for a offer sheet.

No it would not put them in cap hell. Cap hell is when you pay middle level guys top prices. Chi messed up by giving big contracts to players like Bickle and Seabrook. Again, leafs would build everything around their top 4 forwards. And yes, if they have cap problems and need to put some money towards d, you supplement by trading the middle guys .
Jul. 13, 2019 at 7:53 p.m.
As for Vatanen, he's better than Ceci. And Ceci will be their 2nd pair D.

Ceci is in their 2nd pair for a few months until Dermott is back. Yeah, would the Leafs do Ceci for Vatanen? Of course. But that is not your offer. Your offer is a low tier top four dman (UFA) as a piece in a trade for a 90 point winger
Jul. 13, 2019 at 7:56 p.m.
Hughes is completely off the table. He's considered the best prospect since McDavid. Devils would be stupid to do that. But they won't. I wouldn't trade Hischier as well.

Yes, that is why you don't have a trade. The two players leafs would want does not make sense for NJ to trade. Anything else you offer Toronto would not want.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
It's something to be considered...

He would never sign it. His ask is shorter term and more dollars (11/5yrs). You put his signing at 10.5 for full 8 years. If he ever signed that (again, he never would), leafs brass would be dancing. You clearly do not really have an understanding of the Marner discussions- which is totally fine, you are a NJ fan. But with that considered, you should not be arguing this awful position.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 8:07 p.m.
Marner to NJ only works at one level, and that is an outrageous offer sheet (think 12.5million). Any offer sheet with term Marner does not sign (these new RFAs are taking less term- see Mathews, Ago, Laine ask, etc.) Therefore, you would have to do a high number, such as 11 at 5yrs for the leafs to consider not matching, and then give up the four 1st picks. And even then, Marner might not want to sign an OS he knows the leafs will not match, because his main goal is still to stay in Toronto. It is a leverage play, like Aho did.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 8:08 p.m.

And Bratt might not even make it to the Top 6, same with Boqvist. They aren't a cornerstone piece in even a package to get Marner.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 8:10 p.m.
Truthfully, I really love what NJD are doing, really look forward to seeing them next year. They should be doing everything to keep Hall and make the playoffs (which go hand in hand apparently). I just don't see the Marner fit
Jul. 13, 2019 at 9:36 p.m.
Quoting: MacerV
And Bratt might not even make it to the Top 6, same with Boqvist. They aren't a cornerstone piece in even a package to get Marner.

Everyone here is seriously undervaluing Bratt. Last season he was on pace for 53 points, the previous season he was on a 38 point pace. Obviously pace cant be taken as gospel but thats more points that everyone on the leafs except for Rielly, Matthews, Tavares, and Marner. He is easily a top 6 player.

Bratt, Vatanen, Boqvist, 2 firsts, and a possible second is a ludicrous overpay for Marner who wants a short deal and more money than he is worth. What leafs fans never take into consideration when they try to evaluate trades is cap space and its infuriating.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll