DROUIN

Created by: Price_is_the_goat
Team: 2019-20 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 13, 2019
Published: Jul. 13, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
this is a discussion forum
So what happens with Drouin? Does he develop into a 60-70 point winger? Does he hover around 50 points and shows flashes of brilliance here and there? Does he get traded and for who? Who does he play with next season? Open to all fans. Please discuss respectfully with each other
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
1$81,500,000$37,091,419$0$0$44,408,581
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 13, 2019 at 6:40 p.m.
He plays with Domi next year and we will see. No rush.
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Jul. 13, 2019 at 6:48 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
I've seen a lot of Armchairs trading him for Skjei and id be completely down
Jul. 13, 2019 at 7:45 p.m.
RangerWall92
Drouin is a fantastic player who has loads of potential. If he plays on the first line with Domi + Gallagher, I think he's capable of 70p or more.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 12:43 a.m.
I love Drouin but he has to play with more intensity. That's the trademark of the team.
Drouin can really a key player for us but only if put in the right situation. He is really weak along the boards.
Possibily 1 : IN A FAST LINE : With Domi and Shaw last year they were really fast and when playing teams with a more open style they were able to enter the zone easily and create chances. But when playing teams that brought them along the boards, they were not a good line. In other words, they were not able to install in the attacking zone for a long time
Possibility 2 : LESS FAST BUT STRONGER LINE : This is a better option for playoff hockey. Put Drouin with 2 relatively big guys : 1 guy strong on the boards and one sniper. For example, with a center like O'Reilly and a RW winger like Tarasenko. Or in Vegas, with Stasny and Stone. Since we don't have a RW sniper, i would do Drouin - Poelhing (strong) - Domi. or when KK gets stronger … Drouin - KK - Armia (strong).
But ideally, Drouin - KK - Laine
pinslack and Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 10:01 a.m.
Quoting: HabStraction
I love Drouin but he has to play with more intensity. That's the trademark of the team.
Drouin can really a key player for us but only if put in the right situation. He is really weak along the boards.
Possibily 1 : IN A FAST LINE : With Domi and Shaw last year they were really fast and when playing teams with a more open style they were able to enter the zone easily and create chances. But when playing teams that brought them along the boards, they were not a good line. In other words, they were not able to install in the attacking zone for a long time
Possibility 2 : LESS FAST BUT STRONGER LINE : This is a better option for playoff hockey. Put Drouin with 2 relatively big guys : 1 guy strong on the boards and one sniper. For example, with a center like O'Reilly and a RW winger like Tarasenko. Or in Vegas, with Stasny and Stone. Since we don't have a RW sniper, i would do Drouin - Poelhing (strong) - Domi. or when KK gets stronger … Drouin - KK - Armia (strong).
But ideally, Drouin - KK - Laine

I like the idea of a Drouin Domi Byron line and a Drouin KK Armia line. I think one thing we have to really consider is that KK is gonna grow. He could potentially hit 50 or more points next season. he's only 19. Honestly, I see him taking over a 2C spot behind Domi and having Danault slide down to 3C. His playmaking ability would be interesting to see beside Drouin. and Armia is excellent along the boards.
HabStraction liked this.
Quoting: Bigphil
He plays with Domi next year and we will see. No rush.

Yeah, they had a great start together, than drouin disappeared near the 2nd half of the season
Quoting: RangerWall92
Drouin is a fantastic player who has loads of potential. If he plays on the first line with Domi + Gallagher, I think he's capable of 70p or more.

I think so too, but he needs more consistency in his game
RangerWall92 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
I've seen a lot of Armchairs trading him for Skjei and id be completely down

idk. if rather trade for Ghost rather than Skjei. ghost has a higher offensive potential

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll