SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

St. Louis Blues signed Jordan Binnington (2 Years / $4,400,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 14, 2019 at 12:53 a.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Binnington has 7 more reg season games than playoff Games haha he’s good but nowhere near Murray. Murray won 2 cups and is still one year younger than him. Binnington also cost his teams games all 4 series. Maybe have him play an entire season before glorifying him to Murray’s level. I think he’s good but Murray during that first cup run was unstoppable

And what has Murray done, get swept, and play back seat to Fleury for Stanley Cups. He was bad in these playoffs so what's the difference????
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Binnington won't be a 1-year wonder. Toronto troll.

Not even close. Murray was shielded minutes when he won the cup because Fleury.

Not a good deal. When Binnington ends this contract he is an Unrestricted Free Agent, 1 Year Deal would have kept him Restricted Free Agent, so deal is pretty bad. So now Blues Rebuild in 2 years when Binnington leaves the team.

The Toronto fan wasnt trolling. He was just atating what could be a real possibility. We don't know if he'll be the same, but he looks like he could be more Matt Murray than Hammond.

Also, it's really not that bad. If he plays well this year and the start of 2020/2021 they resign him Jan 1st 2021. They still have control over him.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: Chopper02
The Toronto fan wasnt trolling. He was just atating what could be a real possibility. We don't know if he'll be the same, but he looks like he could be more Matt Murray than Hammond.

Also, it's really not that bad. If he plays well this year and the start of 2020/2021 they resign him Jan 1st 2021. They still have control over him.

Wasn't this one I was referring to, it was in a different conversation.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:28 a.m.
And what has Murray done, get swept, and play back seat to Fleury for Stanley Cups. He was bad in these playoffs so what's the difference????

Murray was the primary starter in his first cup run, was hurt the first two rounds the next year but finished out the next two rounds. He definitely was not the backseat driver
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:31 a.m.
Wasn't this one I was referring to, it was in a different conversation.

I was responding to the one where you called him a troll but when I quoted you I cut out part of the message.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:35 a.m.
I was responding to the one where you called him a troll but when I quoted you I cut out part of the message.

yes and I was referring to him as a troll from a different convo. Many past convos
Jul. 14, 2019 at 2:01 a.m.
yes and I was referring to him as a troll from a different convo. Many past convos

So why call him a troll on this one when he wasn't being one? He made a legitimate point
Capitalfail67, thelastlongbow, draft_em_sign_em_trade_em and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 2:04 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

Murray first cup run..... 15 wins 6 loses
Murray 2nd cup run he was hurt the first half. 7 wins 3 loses.

So let’s just compare binningtons first cup to Murray’s

Murray. 15w 6L 2.08 gaa. .923s%

Binnington 16w 10L 2.46gaa .914 s%

Murray during his first cup run was a lot better haha. OH YEAH he was also 22 years old not 26.

So besides the stupid what has he done “ got swept” comment. He’s won 2 cups. The first cup his numbers are miles better then you boys.... back seat to flurry is also funny bc fluery didn’t get a single win the first cup year.

I get you’re excited but what has binnington done? He had 1 good year..... that’s great but doesnt make him better than Murray. Not even close
gregb567 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 2:14 a.m.

Murray during his first cup run was a lot better haha. OH YEAH he was also 22 years old not 26.

So besides the stupid what has he done “ got swept” comment. He’s won 2 cups. The first cup his numbers are miles better then you boys.... back seat to flurry is also funny bc fluery didn’t get a single win the first cup year.

I get you’re excited but what has binnington done? He had 1 good year..... that’s great but doesnt make him better than Murray. Not even close

I dont think the two can be compared right now. Binnington is still relatively unknown commodity so to compare them and say one is better than the other is too premature.
I hope Binnington ends up being better but who knows.
Capitalfail67 and Rom liked this.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 2:22 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
I dont think the two can be compared right now. Binnington is still relatively unknown commodity so to compare them and say one is better than the other is too premature.
I hope Binnington ends up being better but who knows.

I agree with you. Binnington could be the next Patrick Roy for all we know. He can also be a one hit wonder. Murray’s numbers his first year are better than binnington was my major point. Imo he was diminishing Murray’s accomplishments. Listen I hate the penguins(caps fan) but Murray is a stud.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 2:28 a.m.
I agree with you. Binnington could be the next Patrick Roy for all we know. He can also be a one hit wonder. Murray’s numbers his first year are better than binnington was my major point. Imo he was diminishing Murray’s accomplishments. Listen I hate the penguins(caps fan) but Murray is a stud.

I agree he attemoted to diminish Murray's accomplishments which is why I chimed in.
Honestly, Binnington's ceiling is unknown. He was number 4 on the depth chart for a reason.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 11:52 a.m.
Nazaleaf

I may be the unpopular option here but Murray's game doesn't give me confidence going forward. He seems to be moving in the crease a lot, but then again guys like Quick and Rinne have proved you can win with that style (less Rinne, but he's out of this world)..
Anyhow, I feel Jordan is a very composed and confidence inspiring goalie, and I think did a lot to turn STL around this past season. Murray did have MAF to fall back upon even for assistance. I'd like to also point out that I'm a secret Pens fan (fav US team, but mostly because of Sid) so it's not like I'm trying to play down Murray's achievements.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: thelastlongbow
I may be the unpopular option here but Murray's game doesn't give me confidence going forward. He seems to be moving in the crease a lot, but then again guys like Quick and Rinne have proved you can win with that style (less Rinne, but he's out of this world)..
Anyhow, I feel Jordan is a very composed and confidence inspiring goalie, and I think did a lot to turn STL around this past season. Murray did have MAF to fall back upon even for assistance. I'd like to also point out that I'm a secret Pens fan (fav US team, but mostly because of Sid) so it's not like I'm trying to play down Murray's achievements.

Murray had quietly one of the worse defensive teams i front of him last year. Especially w Shultz being hurt. Murray had some of the best numbers down the stretch in the nhl. Binnington also. Idk not a penguins fan but Murray is very good and that with little help. He’s like Holtby and the majority of the shots he faves are in high danger areas
Jul. 14, 2019 at 12:13 p.m.
Banned
that's your opinion on the matter. But who won a cup without needing help from another goalie, and 2 who just got destroyed by New York islanders. Binnington stole games from all 4 teams.

Murray didn't need help from anyone. He was by far the better of the two goaltenders (Murray MAF) both years. Shows how little hockey you watch.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 12:32 p.m.
You still haven't actually spoken to me reasonably in the other ACGM, just being the natural troll. Comes Second Nature to ya. When you come to me reasonably then come talk boy/kid/special ed whatever you want to be called.

You are such a hard on. Keep calling people trolls when you disagree with them. Your takes and analysis is miserable.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 12:38 p.m.
So why call him a troll on this one when he wasn't being one? He made a legitimate point

Quoting: pharrow
Murray didn't need help from anyone. He was by far the better of the two goaltenders (Murray MAF) both years. Shows how little hockey you watch.

Don't even bother engaging with @BeastModeUnknown . The guy thinks he is a tough guy but he is just a major troll. He is quick to call others trolls to give off the impression he is not. Guy has weak elbows, no beard game, and has lost every fight he has ever been in. Verbally and physically. Not worth a second of anyone's time or energy.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
torontos finest
in the week or so i've payed attention to these comments i've learned no one actually knows what trolling is
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
Quoting: DonkeyLips
Don't even bother engaging with @BeastModeUnknown . The guy thinks he is a tough guy but he is just a major troll. He is quick to call others trolls to give off the impression he is not. Guy has weak elbows, no beard game, and has lost every fight he has ever been in. Verbally and physically. Not worth a second of anyone's time or energy.

I get along with him and respect his perspective but in this case I don't understand the purpose.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:04 p.m.
I get along with him and respect his perspective but in this case I don't understand the purpose.

He's a tough guy who thinks he can bully people that have different opinions.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:07 p.m.
He's a tough guy who thinks he can bully people that have different opinions.

If this is how you engage him typically then it's no surprise why you two argue.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.
If this is how you engage him typically then it's no surprise why you two argue.

I don't engage him. He engages me. He is pathetic.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.
You are such a hard on. Keep calling people trolls when you disagree with them. Your takes and analysis is miserable.

No, it was from a different conversation, and he has been doing this for months. So for sure it's about Binnington.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:29 p.m.

Draft_em_Sign_em_trade_em I have known for over a year now on here, but he is very much a troll, it's all he has ever done.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:31 p.m.
I don't engage him. He engages me. He is pathetic.

Yeah, in this case you actually engaged me.....so it's hypocritical, but when you make ACGMs that are troll ones, and when you say things in other ACGMs that is trolling it's true for you to be called a Troll. You aren't getting into reasonable conversations, you just try to be funny but it's not.
Jul. 14, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.

I don't really argue with him, I try to avoid him. He gets on my nerves sometimes when he just trolls every ACGM he gets into.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit