Forums/Armchair-GM

2019-20 Opening Week Roster

Created by: Danville1999
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 15, 2019
Published: Jul. 15, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I'm starting to think Anisimov and Perlini get traded. Before I get the message, I don't believe Kirby Dach will not make this team so putting him as a 3rd-line center just to send him down to Rockford after 9 games (which will be important) isn't worth it IMO. The only way it will be beneficial is if Colliton is convinced he'll be awesome from day one and I'm not expecting this.
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 4th round pick (BOS)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (NJD)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$64,976,686$0$4,207,500$16,523,314
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 15, 2019 at 12:50 a.m.
BedsyIsOurSavior
Dach would go back to Saskatoon if he doesn't stick after 9 games. He won't be in Rockford. Plus, Stan Bowman seems intent on getting Dach to stick from what I have gathered in his interviews. If Jesperi Kotkaniemi could play a full season as the 3rd overall pick last year, no reason Dach cannot do the same.
Jul. 15, 2019 at 1:09 a.m.
Quoting: JoeMcNeely
Dach would go back to Saskatoon if he doesn't stick after 9 games. He won't be in Rockford. Plus, Stan Bowman seems intent on getting Dach to stick from what I have gathered in his interviews. If Jesperi Kotkaniemi could play a full season as the 3rd overall pick last year, no reason Dach cannot do the same.

Dach has no business in the nhl next season. He’s not ready. I would love to see Stan blow his development though and rush him to the nhl since his job is on the line . Dach would suffer, Stan would be fired, and maybe we have a chance for a good lotto pick again, only this time we pick the actual best available like one should at number 3.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
Dach has no business in the nhl next season. He’s not ready. I would love to see Stan blow his development though and rush him to the nhl since his job is on the line . Dach would suffer, Stan would be fired, and maybe we have a chance for a good lotto pick again, only this time we pick the actual best available like one should at number 3.

I still don't know why everyone hates this pick. Like we needed more scoring or another young defenceman. This team needs to replace Hossa (and eventually Toews), it has it's new Kane in DeBrincat and it's defense in Boqvist, Beaudin, Murphy, and Mitchell (plus Vlasic has potential some day). Dach may not have been the best player available, but he was the best player for what was needed.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 3:11 p.m.
Quoting: ajliebmann
I still don't know why everyone hates this pick. Like we needed more scoring or another young defenceman. This team needs to replace Hossa (and eventually Toews), it has it's new Kane in DeBrincat and it's defense in Boqvist, Beaudin, Murphy, and Mitchell (plus Vlasic has potential some day). Dach may not have been the best player available, but he was the best player for what was needed.

I have always taken pride in respecting people’s opinions. I especially do this when debating a person with a complete opposite opinion.

Having said that, I will ask you the same thing that no one has been able to do for me yet: sell me on Dach. You mentioned in your statement that the hawks didn’t need more scoring or defense, but needed to replace hossa. So where does Dach fit into that logic? He isnt the skater hossa was at his best, all he is is scoring potential (albeit ill be shocked if he ever gets over 70 points), and it’s been established his defensive game has more holes than his inability to use his size to a premium. At least turcotte played two way hockey, had speed, and could score like crazy. Dach’s only selling point is a big body (that he can’t use) and he’s more developed at present (which is gonna be hilarious if they think he’s ready for the nhl).

Like I said, I very much respect your opinion. And I really do want people to sell me on Dach, cuz it hasn’t happened yet. The problem I have is that everything going into this off-season seemed to have a direction. Then maatta happened and everything (save for the de Haan trade) started coming off the rails. I have no idea what this team is anymore and it worries me as a fan. I really hope Dach is not the future 1C because he doesn’t not look even close to one, even potential wise. But hey, I’d love to be wrong. I’m still backing a seabs plus Dach trade to offload seabs’ contract.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 3:55 p.m.
I have always taken pride in respecting people’s opinions. I especially do this when debating a person with a complete opposite opinion.

Having said that, I will ask you the same thing that no one has been able to do for me yet: sell me on Dach. You mentioned in your statement that the hawks didn’t need more scoring or defense, but needed to replace hossa. So where does Dach fit into that logic? He isnt the skater hossa was at his best, all he is is scoring potential (albeit ill be shocked if he ever gets over 70 points), and it’s been established his defensive game has more holes than his inability to use his size to a premium. At least turcotte played two way hockey, had speed, and could score like crazy. Dach’s only selling point is a big body (that he can’t use) and he’s more developed at present (which is gonna be hilarious if they think he’s ready for the nhl).

Like I said, I very much respect your opinion. And I really do want people to sell me on Dach, cuz it hasn’t happened yet. The problem I have is that everything going into this off-season seemed to have a direction. Then maatta happened and everything (save for the de Haan trade) started coming off the rails. I have no idea what this team is anymore and it worries me as a fan. I really hope Dach is not the future 1C because he doesn’t not look even close to one, even potential wise. But hey, I’d love to be wrong. I’m still backing a seabs plus Dach trade to offload seabs’ contract.

My hope for Dach is similar to Strome, he has raw athleticism and potential. Bryam and Turcotte are better players now, but Dach definitely has the highest ceiling. For me, I just need to see that Dach is at minimum a 12th pick and I'm okay (because anything higher is technically a win). deHaan was a great trade, Anismov that just happened was a necesssary and average trade. Which really leaves Maatta, who we traded an int'l signed guy for. Then Lehner who is a #1 goalie... I don't see why everyone thinks this has been an awful off-season.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 6:44 p.m.
My hope for Dach is similar to Strome, he has raw athleticism and potential. Bryam and Turcotte are better players now, but Dach definitely has the highest ceiling. For me, I just need to see that Dach is at minimum a 12th pick and I'm okay (because anything higher is technically a win). deHaan was a great trade, Anismov that just happened was a necesssary and average trade. Which really leaves Maatta, who we traded an int'l signed guy for. Then Lehner who is a #1 goalie... I don't see why everyone thinks this has been an awful off-season.

Why like a 12th pick though? Why shouldn’t he play like the 3rd pick he is? By that logic, I’m trading seabrook with Dach and saying thanks for a weekend of press in Chicago. Maatta was a bad trade, Dach has almost no expectation from hawks fans cuz we didn’t want him, de Haan is good, nylander was freakin awful, and AA was a necessary trade. So, no, I don’t feel too happy about this off-season as a whole. I’m glad others are optimistic, but Dach better play like a 3rd overall pick, cuz this puck is gonna be talked about for a long time.
Jul. 17, 2019 at 9:07 a.m.
Why like a 12th pick though? Why shouldn’t he play like the 3rd pick he is? By that logic, I’m trading seabrook with Dach and saying thanks for a weekend of press in Chicago. Maatta was a bad trade, Dach has almost no expectation from hawks fans cuz we didn’t want him, de Haan is good, nylander was freakin awful, and AA was a necessary trade. So, no, I don’t feel too happy about this off-season as a whole. I’m glad others are optimistic, but Dach better play like a 3rd overall pick, cuz this puck is gonna be talked about for a long time.

Because we were supposed to have the 12th pick and won the lottery. I'm not sure if he's quite as good as Byram or Turcotte but again, the 'Hawks were looking for size, they tried trading down and no tteam (esp Vancouver) would take the trade. Maatta was a good trade, we pretty much got him free, Nylander we haven't seen other than playing for an awful team. He may end up being a bust but it's better than holding onto Joki knowing he'd never see another day in the professional league. Add that to acquiring Lehner, Kubalik, Wedin, and Saarelski... I've been against Bowman for awhile but look at last years roster vs today's, in one off-season he built a competitive team AND a legit farm system
Jul. 17, 2019 at 12:36 p.m.
Because we were supposed to have the 12th pick and won the lottery. I'm not sure if he's quite as good as Byram or Turcotte but again, the 'Hawks were looking for size, they tried trading down and no tteam (esp Vancouver) would take the trade. Maatta was a good trade, we pretty much got him free, Nylander we haven't seen other than playing for an awful team. He may end up being a bust but it's better than holding onto Joki knowing he'd never see another day in the professional league. Add that to acquiring Lehner, Kubalik, Wedin, and Saarelski... I've been against Bowman for awhile but look at last years roster vs today's, in one off-season he built a competitive team AND a legit farm system

Okay, let respond point by point.

First: doesn’t matter what we were suppose to have, we got what we got. Now dach man the hell up and play like a 3 OA pick. Cuz if we as fans go in with him thinking “let’s treat him like a 12 OA, then screw Dach and the fans need to hold the team accountable for their screw ups.

Second: maatta trade was bad, he’s good for shot blocks, but can’t skate, and his analytics suck. And no, we didn’t get him for basically free, Kahun was a dependable player with energy and youth. More on this trade in a minute.

Third: Nylander didn’t just play for a ****ty team, HE COULDNT CRACK THE LINEUP ON A ****TY TEAM! Given your theory on the hawks great, legit team and farm system, nylander has no place here, especially when he’s lazier than his brother!!!!

Fourth: Joki not being in the team is honestly my only knock on Jeremy Colliton. Colliton not wanting him shows how little he knows about joki and his potential. Not to mention how much better than the rest of the defense last year, especially under Q. So joki should have been a pro, but his trading shows the naivety and inexperience of Colliton. Also, it’s worth mentioning, the hawks’ d core isnt bad because they let up too many goals or can’t clear the puck. It’s because they don’t have players who can carry the puck! Guess who could: joki! Guess who can’t: maatta................

Fifth and Final: if bowman had any balls on him, he would have done what Jeff gorton did in New York. He’d admit the team is rebuilding, not retooling. Our championship is not reopened. We have sucked at retooling. Admit u need a rebuild Stan. Don’t trade great young players for nothing! Show some f$&@ing faith!!!!! That’s my peace. Stan didn’t make the team competitive again, he just made them slower and tougher. Maybe the pipeline is stronger, but knowing Stan, dach should be traded soon, as should boqvist, since he hates first round picks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll