Forums/Armchair-GM

Buch and Vlad to EDM Read Description

Created by: ChytilMania
Team: 2019-20 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 16, 2019
Published: Jul. 16, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Buchnievich is one of those players where figuring out his value is really tough. He’s had his fair share of growing pain in the NHL. A lot of credit should be given to Alain Vigneault for causing that. But last season, he really started going off when playing with Mika Zibenejad. As much as it would suck to ruin their chemistry, we need cap room and this is a good return for someone who I believe will be a great player on McDavid’s wing.
Since Lavoie was recently drafted, I don’t know how likely they are to trade him. I simply read an article on Edmonton’s top prospects where he was ranked at 9, and because he was a player I wanted at pick 20 (when the Rangers has it), I inserted him. If he is to hot of a commodity to trade away just yet, then Jesse Puljujarvi can be inserted in the same trade. Namestnikov was sort of a throw-in. His departure gives us cap room and and Edmonton a 3C. If he has interest in resigning, they could lock him up to a 3x3 extension which would be good for both sides.
Kreider could either be traded before the season starts (if an extension is not reached) or resigned long term. There should not be uncertainty going into this season with players contracts. (Jesper Fast’s contract will be minor and he is loyal so we can resign him whenever).
Panarin plays 2nd line to keep Zibenejad and Kreider’s chemistry intact. I don’t think he would mind because him and Patrick Kane played on the 2nd line in Chicago.
Andersson is kept on the AHL because 4th line minutes will do him no good, so he can develop his game in Hartford and prove himself as an NHL center if and when someone gets hurt.
In the trade, I forgot to specify if the condition was for goals or points. The answer is points.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$7,750,000
2$3,000,000
1$1,125,000
1$775,000
Trades
NYR
  1. Lavoie, Raphael [Reserve List]
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
3rd rounder turns into 2nd rounder if Buch scores 45+
EDM
  1. Buchnevich, Pavel [RFA Rights]
  2. Namestnikov, Vladislav ($1,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Edmonton gets much needed 3C and top 6 winger
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$74,733,133$0$3,982,500$6,766,867
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 3
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,750,000$7,750,000
RD
UFA - 7
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 16, 2019 at 8:51 a.m.
BootBoi
Gotta say, ED would have 2 pull that trigger!
Well done..-~
ChytilMania liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 8:52 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: BootBoi
Gotta say, ED would have 2 pull that trigger!
Well done..-~

The entire thing crashed, but thank you.
BootBoi liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 8:54 a.m.
DanzhastheTouch
Sorry..but you have wayyyy overthought this. While trading Namestnikov is the right move, trading Buchnevich is absolutely wrong. As a Ranger fan, I invite you to take another swing at this. Perhaps choose a different team to trade with, and don't grasp at straws.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 8:59 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: danzhock10
Sorry..but you have wayyyy overthought this. While trading Namestnikov is the right move, trading Buchnevich is absolutely wrong. As a Ranger fan, I invite you to take another swing at this. Perhaps choose a different team to trade with, and don't grasp at straws.

According to Brett Cygalis of the New York Post, both Vlad Namestnikov and Pavel are on the block. Don’t know how reputable that is, but if that’s the case then I’d be fine with this. We get a great prospect and most likely a 2nd round pick. With the players we already have, Namestnikov wouldn’t be too big of a loss. I chose Edmonton to trade with because an Edmonton reporter wrote an article suggesting a Buchnievich and Namestnikov trade (not this exact trade) and I liked that idea.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:01 a.m.
Tspky
I think it's a swing and a miss here. Buchnevich is a 40+ point player (or the pace of in an 82 game season) every year of his career. He's a very good second line forward that has the potential to put up 1st line numbers. I don't think edmonton can afford both Buch and Namestnikov, and as a rangers fan i would want Puljujarvi and Lavoie for Buch and Namest
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:05 a.m.
Quoting: ChytilMania
According to Brett Cygalis of the New York Post, both Vlad Namestnikov and Pavel are on the block. Don’t know how reputable that is, but if that’s the case then I’d be fine with this. We get a great prospect and most likely a 2nd round pick. With the players we already have, Namestnikov wouldn’t be too big of a loss. I chose Edmonton to trade with because an Edmonton reporter wrote an article suggesting a Buchnievich and Namestnikov trade (not this exact trade) and I liked that idea.

That's gotta be like $6M in cap going to Edmonton though, and they currently have only $3.9M in cap space. Hard to see them trading Lavioe either, whom they only just drafted. Puljujarvi is available...
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:08 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: Spanky227
I think it's a swing and a miss here. Buchnevich is a 40+ point player (or the pace of in an 82 game season) every year of his career. He's a very good second line forward that has the potential to put up 1st line numbers. I don't think edmonton can afford both Buch and Namestnikov, and as a rangers fan i would want Puljujarvi and Lavoie for Buch and Namest

Edmonton does have a right cap situation but if they can manage to move one of Russel and Lucic then they would be okay. Tbh I think the idea you proposed works too and I would like that better. I just think it would be risky. What if both Lavoie and Puljujarvi don’t reach their potential? Then we essentially give away two players for free. You could say the same about the pick but I think what I did ultimately looks better )on paper).
And if we trade Buch, look at it this way: Kakko and Kravstov are both RWs who project to be better than Buch. Buch can play the left side, but strongly dislikes it. He won’t be a career 3rd liner. And with experienced talent alongside them, Kakko and Kravstov can make up for that loss.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:12 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: CD282
That's gotta be like $6M in cap going to Edmonton though, and they currently have only $3.9M in cap space. Hard to see them trading Lavioe either, whom they only just drafted. Puljujarvi is available...

Was looking more in terms of value. I’m sure that if Edmonton tried to move players around (Manning, Gagner, Russell, Lucic) and find a deal for one or two them, then this works. I wouldn’t mind either Lavoie or Puljujarvi but I feel like the latter is a greater risk that would look bad if he doesn’t pan out. Plus, we have Kakko and Kravstov has our RWs so we don’t really need Puljujarvi...
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:24 a.m.
Tspky
Edmonton does have a right cap situation but if they can manage to move one of Russel and Lucic then they would be okay. Tbh I think the idea you proposed works too and I would like that better. I just think it would be risky. What if both Lavoie and Puljujarvi don’t reach their potential? Then we essentially give away two players for free. You could say the same about the pick but I think what I did ultimately looks better )on paper).
And if we trade Buch, look at it this way: Kakko and Kravstov are both RWs who project to be better than Buch. Buch can play the left side, but strongly dislikes it. He won’t be a career 3rd liner. And with experienced talent alongside them, Kakko and Kravstov can make up for that loss.

oh no I completely agree with you about the right wing point, I was ecstatic when it was reported that buch wanted a short bridge deal as we won't really need him in two years. I just think we should let him play with Zib and Panarin to increase his value-- i can definitely see him putting up 30+ goals and 60 points with them. That'll get a huge return if he's on a cheap contract for 1-2 more years when we trade him.
It is a risky move but i think Puljujarvi could be a Kreider type player with less speed but better hands if that makes sense, in terms of production I still think he can get to the 40-50 point plateau.

The ideal scenariowould be trading Namestnikov and Shattenkirk, and if we can get Puljujarvi with one of those two we should trade kreider as well.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Buch
Kreider (or puljujarvi) - Strome - Kakko
Chytil - Andersson - Kravtsov
Lemieux - Howden -Fast

Skjei - Trouba
Hajek-DeAngelo
Staal - Fox
ChytilMania liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:38 a.m.
Was looking more in terms of value. I’m sure that if Edmonton tried to move players around (Manning, Gagner, Russell, Lucic) and find a deal for one or two them, then this works. I wouldn’t mind either Lavoie or Puljujarvi but I feel like the latter is a greater risk that would look bad if he doesn’t pan out. Plus, we have Kakko and Kravstov has our RWs so we don’t really need Puljujarvi...

Lavoie is also a RW also. And a guy with 3 years history in the NHL carries less risk than a raw draft pick who has never played beyond major junior IMO.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:49 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: CD282
Lavoie is also a RW also. And a guy with 3 years history in the NHL carries less risk than a raw draft pick who has never played beyond major junior IMO.

I thought he was center and they have equal risk imo. Puljujarvi has not showed in the NHL that he is capable of being a top 6 forward, whereas Lavoie has in the juniors at least. That balances each other outback if you ask me.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 9:49 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: Spanky227
oh no I completely agree with you about the right wing point, I was ecstatic when it was reported that buch wanted a short bridge deal as we won't really need him in two years. I just think we should let him play with Zib and Panarin to increase his value-- i can definitely see him putting up 30+ goals and 60 points with them. That'll get a huge return if he's on a cheap contract for 1-2 more years when we trade him.
It is a risky move but i think Puljujarvi could be a Kreider type player with less speed but better hands if that makes sense, in terms of production I still think he can get to the 40-50 point plateau.

The ideal scenariowould be trading Namestnikov and Shattenkirk, and if we can get Puljujarvi with one of those two we should trade kreider as well.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Buch
Kreider (or puljujarvi) - Strome - Kakko
Chytil - Andersson - Kravtsov
Lemieux - Howden -Fast

Skjei - Trouba
Hajek-DeAngelo
Staal - Fox

Yes I think that is the best option
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
Not getting enough back for NYR here.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.
Gennaro
I don’t know about the trades but I really like the lineup...?
But panarin will be on top line..
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:26 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: Bbousa
Not getting enough back for NYR here.

A 2nd and Raphael Lavoie is what we would be getting back (unless Buch somehow fails whilst playing with McDavid and Draisaitl.) Lavoie was supposed to go in the first round according to almost every source. Him and a 2nd for Buch and a cap dump of Bladdy is good imo. I would happily take more though.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:23 p.m.

He isn't on the trading block, Gorton is listening to conversations about certain guys. He will listen as long as its a good deal for his side no matter who is incorporated into the trade
ChytilMania liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll