3$3,000,000
2$1,300,000
Trades
NJD
  1. Backes, David
  2. 2020 1st round pick (BOS)
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
Based on the Marleau trade, since Backes has an extra year left, needs to be more than a first.
BOS
  1. 2020 7th round pick (NJD)
  2. 2022 5th round pick (CBJ)
MIN
  1. Jacobs, Josh
  2. 2020 1st round pick (BOS)
  3. 2021 3rd round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (TBL)
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (TBL)
  3. 2021 7th round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
The Second turns into a first if Tampa wins two playoff rounds or if Vatanen resigns.
TBL
  1. Vatanen, Sami
Additional Details:
Replacement for Stralman, retained 50% to help him fit into Tampas cap.
Buyouts
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$66,355,000$0$5,875,000$15,145,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,325,000$2,325,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$749,167$749,167 (Performance Bonus$42,500$42K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 3
$2,875,000$2,875,000
C
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,800,000$3,800,000
LD
UFA - 3
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 4
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 17, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Dude, what are you, a Tampa fan?
Jul. 17, 2019 at 7:02 p.m.
Toronno Maple Leafs
Quoting: tesau315
Dude, what are you, a Tampa fan?

Lmao the trade is fair
Jul. 18, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.
Quoting: TheNewAge
Lmao the trade is fair

Trading a top 4 dman, who the Devils can greatly use, for a bunch of picks who have a significantly higher chance of playing in the AHL than the NHL, is not a fair trade. Especially if the Devils are retaining 50% of Vatanen's salary. Ray Shero and the Devils are in the business of trying to win the Stanley Cup, not trying to help others win it.

However, it is unfair to place the blame of this horrendous trade entirely on you. According to your profile, you are Leafs fan, so it makes sense why you don't really understand how hockey works. So just go back to your dark, disillusioned corner full of Leaf's propaganda and let the rest of us educated hockey fans discuss this beautiful sport.
Jul. 18, 2019 at 2:29 p.m.
PhoneyAnteater
Trading a top 4 dman, who the Devils can greatly use, for a bunch of picks who have a significantly higher chance of playing in the AHL than the NHL, is not a fair trade. Especially if the Devils are retaining 50% of Vatanen's salary. Ray Shero and the Devils are in the business of trying to win the Stanley Cup, not trying to help others win it.

However, it is unfair to place the blame of this horrendous trade entirely on you. According to your profile, you are Leafs fan, so it makes sense why you don't really understand how hockey works. So just go back to your dark, disillusioned corner full of Leaf's propaganda and let the rest of us educated hockey fans discuss this beautiful sport.

Lol be nice
tesau315 liked this.
Jul. 18, 2019 at 4:40 p.m.
Toronno Maple Leafs

Yeah this is a great example of my Leafs propaganda ??
Jul. 18, 2019 at 5:05 p.m.
Toronno Maple Leafs
Edited Jul. 18, 2019 at 5:11 p.m.

Okay so since you wanna attack me based on the Vatanen trade, heres my reasoning: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/10/31/18043532/analytics-say-sami-vatanen-is-likely-not-the-devils-best-defender-ft-interview-with-evolvingwild
Take off your homer glasses, this trade is not horrendous. You're a fan overvaluing your player, perhaps because of who you gave up to get him. Sami Vatanen is an average defenceman, the fact I'm giving the Devils a chance at the first itself seems crazy to me. Here a few trade comparables of defenceman much better than Sami Vatanen getting hauls you'd think they'd get more for: Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick, Tyson Barrie AND Alexander Kerfoot for Nazem Kadri and Calle Rosen, ERIK Karlsson for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, prospects Josh Norris and Rudolfs Balcers, a 2020 first and I believe it was a second. The Sens got this after supposedly asking for Cody Glass JUST 6 months prior. These are elite RHD going for much less than you'd think. Oh yeah: Colin Miller for a second and sixth just a few weeks ago. RHD simply aren't as valuable as they were a few years ago thus Vatanens value isn't as high as you think it is.

Now, like Vatanen all these defenceman have/had 1 year remaining on their contract except for Trouba (Whos a RFA which means hes controllable for the forseeable future which means he shouldve gotten more) and Colin MIller (you'd think he'd get more just for the fact hes got a great contract and has term)

Thanks for reading, now I'll go back to my "dark, disillusioned corner full of Leaf's propaganda" and clearly let you speak because you are sooooooo educated. Not.
Jul. 18, 2019 at 5:58 p.m.
Okay so since you wanna attack me based on the Vatanen trade, heres my reasoning: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/10/31/18043532/analytics-say-sami-vatanen-is-likely-not-the-devils-best-defender-ft-interview-with-evolvingwild
Take off your homer glasses, this trade is not horrendous. You're a fan overvaluing your player, perhaps because of who you gave up to get him. Sami Vatanen is an average defenceman, the fact I'm giving the Devils a chance at the first itself seems crazy to me. Here a few trade comparables of defenceman much better than Sami Vatanen getting hauls you'd think they'd get more for: Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick, Tyson Barrie AND Alexander Kerfoot for Nazem Kadri and Calle Rosen, ERIK Karlsson for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, prospects Josh Norris and Rudolfs Balcers, a 2020 first and I believe it was a second. The Sens got this after supposedly asking for Cody Glass JUST 6 months prior. These are elite RHD going for much less than you'd think. Oh yeah: Colin Miller for a second and sixth just a few weeks ago. RHD simply aren't as valuable as they were a few years ago thus Vatanens value isn't as high as you think it is.

Now, like Vatanen all these defenceman have/had 1 year remaining on their contract except for Trouba (Whos a RFA which means hes controllable for the forseeable future which means he shouldve gotten more) and Colin MIller (you'd think he'd get more just for the fact hes got a great contract and has term)

Thanks for reading, now I'll go back to my "dark, disillusioned corner full of Leaf's propaganda" and clearly let you speak because you are sooooooo educated. Not.

I'm not overvaluing Vatanen. I understand his analytics show that he isn't as great as a lot of Devils fans believe he is. What I am saying is that this is an unfair trade. Vatanen is worth more to the Devils right now than future picks are. So it would be more beneficial for the Devils to just keep Vatanen and use him in a 2nd pairing role behind Subban, than trade him for players who honestly won't really have a shot at making the NHL.

But I stand by what I say about you being a Leafs fan. They are just a little bit worse than Oilers fans.
Dec. 5, 2021 at 3:21 a.m.
Toronno Maple Leafs
I'm not overvaluing Vatanen. I understand his analytics show that he isn't as great as a lot of Devils fans believe he is. What I am saying is that this is an unfair trade. Vatanen is worth more to the Devils right now than future picks are. So it would be more beneficial for the Devils to just keep Vatanen and use him in a 2nd pairing role behind Subban, than trade him for players who honestly won't really have a shot at making the NHL.

But I stand by what I say about you being a Leafs fan. They are just a little bit worse than Oilers fans.

Looks like I was being really generous with that trade, you're quite the deluded Devils fan who obviously has no idea how the NHL works. Your GM traded Hall, Palmieri, Greene, Vatanen for picks. 😂😂😂😂so much for being in the biz for winning the stanley cup. Pathetic.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll