SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Charles Hudon (1 Year / $800,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 19, 2019 at 10:09 a.m.
Charles Hudon has signed a new contract with the Montreal Canadiens.
Standard Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Marc Bergevin
Length: 1 year
Value: $800,000
Expiry Status: RFA (Arb)
Cap % Tooltip: 0.98
Signing Team: Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
Signing Date: Jul. 19, 2019
Source: CapFriendly

Charles Hudon signed a 1 year, $800,000 contract with the Montreal Canadiens on Jul. 19, 2019. The contract has a cap hit of $800,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2019-20$800,000$800,000$0$0$800,000$800,000$800,000
TOTAL$800,000$800,000$0$0$800,000$800,000$800,000
Qualifying OfferTooltip: $840,000
Arbitration Requested Icon ARBITRATION: This contract was signed following an arbitration filing
Jul. 19, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.
AwesomeMatthews
Surprised he didn't get 1 million$ contract
Jul. 19, 2019 at 10:18 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews

He was eating popcorn in the press box most of the year.

Anyways I'm surprised we signed him.
Boubou79, alkaline, Kelandry and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 11:03 a.m.
CSickmann
Little bit surprised he stays in MTL but I don't mind because:

a) he gets his game together and is a cheap addition
b) he sits in the press box and continues to eat popcorn (as the person before me mentioned grin)
c) he gets sent down and this chapter ends at the end of the season

in other words. Nothing that will ruin your Franchise
Boubou79, OldNYIfan, Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 11:34 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews

I’m surprised he got a one-way contract. He had a good year in 17-18, but he was so bad last year that he didn’t play a game after February 19th. When he did play Claude Julien was scared to even put him on the ice because he was so bad defensively. I would be very surprised if he is on the habs roster come start of the season (either traded or put on waivers).
Jul. 19, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: EthanK24
I’m surprised he got a one-way contract. He had a good year in 17-18, but he was so bad last year that he didn’t play a game after February 19th. When he did play Claude Julien was scared to even put him on the ice because he was so bad defensively. I would be very surprised if he is on the habs roster come start of the season (either traded or put on waivers).

Claude hates young players. Absolutely hates young players especially ones that dont backcheck well. See Ryan Spooner as example A.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 12:43 p.m.
CSickmann
Quoting: hanson493
Claude hates young players. Absolutely hates young players especially ones that dont backcheck well. See Ryan Spooner as example A.

Well... there is a reason why Spooner is no longer in the League and why i didn't work in New York, Edmonton or Vancouver. Can't be just that Julien hate young players (which I doubt anyway due to recent Memory.)
Jul. 19, 2019 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: CSickmann
Well... there is a reason why Spooner is no longer in the League and why i didn't work in New York, Edmonton or Vancouver. Can't be just that Julien hate young players (which I doubt anyway due to recent Memory.)

outside of this past year. spooner had okay stats. he had 3 40 point seasons in a row up until last year. hes just a winger not a center. hes an okay 3rd or a good 4th line option. Trust me, all the talent the bruins had in the system and they kept resigning OLD vets that had little to nothing left.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: CSickmann

With a 3G/6A/-12 stat line, at $4M AAV, he became the quintessential "overpriced pylon." He'll probably play in Europe for 1-2 years before any NHL team risks signing him again.

BUT Charles Hudon is not Spooner... he's not overpriced at $800k... especially since he'll get traded as a +1 to any other deal in the works.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 2:01 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
No more than he is worth.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeylover360
He was eating popcorn in the press box most of the year.

Anyways I'm surprised we signed him.

He's either traded or starts the season in Laval.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.

Julien doesn't hate young players. Kotkaniemi was the youngest player in the league and played good minutes all season.
rebecca liked this.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
Julien doesn't hate young players. Kotkaniemi was the youngest player in the league and played good minutes all season.

can kotkaniemi back check? if so he fits claudes system. if hes young and cant back check he wont play.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
can kotkaniemi back check? if so he fits claudes system. if hes young and cant back check he wont play.

Montreal's system is defense first. Primarily why Sergechev was traded. It's not a young player problem, it's a defensive first problem which pretty much all young players have. I guess this is why you say he hates young players, but he does not.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 4:22 p.m.
Montreal's system is defense first. Primarily why Sergechev was traded. It's not a young player problem, it's a defensive first problem which pretty much all young players have. I guess this is why you say he hates young players, but he does not.

if you look at the history of most of his teams, not very many young players on the team unless they are producing significantly. its mostly vets that are defensive minded. I watched him ruin, vatrano, spooner, reilly smith (while he was here), koko, like theres a long list of guys that had massive potential that didnt work here. vatrano, and smith have made something of themselves in their respective places but spooner sucked last year and koko hasnt played in the nhl since he left.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
if you look at the history of most of his teams, not very many young players on the team unless they are producing significantly. its mostly vets that are defensive minded. I watched him ruin, vatrano, spooner, reilly smith (while he was here), koko, like theres a long list of guys that had massive potential that didnt work here. vatrano, and smith have made something of themselves in their respective places but spooner sucked last year and koko hasnt played in the nhl since he left.

Sure you can say he ruined them, but if they didn't play how they were expected too, that's their fault and entirely there fault.

What about guys like Juulsen/Mete/Lehkonen?

They were all still young with virtually no experience. If you can fit the system, you will play here.

They are all still young with close to no NHL experience. They can all play defense so they played (with ex
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jul. 19, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Sure you can say he ruined them, but if they didn't play how they were expected too, that's their fault and entirely there fault.

What about guys like Juulsen/Mete/Lehkonen?

They were all still young with virtually no experience. If you can fit the system, you will play here.

They are all still young with close to no NHL experience. They can all play defense so they played (with ex

KOKO was never given a chance to succeed, vatrano played a 4th line role when he was an obvious 3rd line scoring option, reilly smith was put on a putrid 3rd line with spooner who couldnt play center. and then when they finally realized he wasnt a center they tried to bounce spooner around similarly to how they are moving heinen around now but heinen is the better player. He didnt utilize them correctly or develop them properly. If koko were to return to boston i would put money on him succeeding in a 2nd or 3rd line scoring role with cassidy coaching him.
Jul. 20, 2019 at 10:27 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Claude definitely doesn’t hate young players. See Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Victor Mete. Ryan Spooner is a young player he had reason to hate.
Jul. 20, 2019 at 10:31 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
So this thread has turned into Bruins fans blaming CJ because their prospects didn’t turn out the way they wanted. Nice shakes head
HabsForEver liked this.
Jul. 22, 2019 at 8:45 a.m.
Quoting: EthanK24
So this thread has turned into Bruins fans blaming CJ because their prospects didn’t turn out the way they wanted. Nice shakes head

All i said was claude hates young players lol, you defended your opinion i defended mine. Young players get zero room for error if you dont particularly fit his system. once you are on his bad side you pretty much lose your spot in the lineup.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit