Forums/Armchair-GM

ANAHEIM DUCKS FANS - PLEASE REPLY - ATTENTION DUCKS FANS

Created by: Sidstick87
Team: 2019-20 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 19, 2019
Published: Jul. 19, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I KNO, I KNO that Rakell is on a great contract and some fans think he is the best forward on team.

* But w/ all the young almost ready / ready prospects yinz have and Rakell coming of a down year im trying to get
ur honest price on him and a cpl other players I like w/ Ducks for the annual Ducks - Pens trade this yr.

* and LMK what u guys think ur biggest needs are there?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Trades
ANA
  1. Aston-Reese, Zach [RFA Rights]
  2. Hållander, Filip
  3. Ruhwedel, Chad
  4. 2020 1st round pick (PIT)
  5. 2021 2nd round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
- Hallander is our best forward prospect & looks like a top 6 wing but still about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs away from NHL

- ZAR is a physical 3rd liner & great PK guy that still has upside but keeps getting small injuries.

- Ruhwedel is an under rated RHD-man
PIT
  1. Jones, Max
  2. Larsson, Jacob
  3. Mahura, Josh
Additional Details:
- Prob have seen me trade for Jones, Mahura, & Larsson like 9-10 times, lol... I love all 3 players but every prospect list of the Ducks prospects I see Jones / Larsson / Mahura all rated around #8-#14 overall and never understood why???

- I kno Mahura the best bc i used to watch him w/ Reed Deer & Regina and I think the kid will be a great 2nd pairing puck moving Dman
- M. Jones always stands out when i watch Ducks games w/ his size & how great he skates but looks like his ceiling is a 3rd liner?
- Larsson always looks great when i watched him play for ANA but cant get a feel of how much yinz like him or if he is more than a really good 3rd pairing guy?
ANA
    LMK what or think the price of each is??
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    26$81,500,000$82,323,138$132,500$3,032,500-$823,138
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 5
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,900,000$4,900,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,050,000$2,050,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $863,333$863,333
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $2,463,139$2,463,139
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $950,000$950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,100,000$4,100,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $7,250,000$7,250,000
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $850,000$850,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $745,000$745,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $700,000$700,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $894,166$894,166
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 5:59 p.m.
    Go Bruins Go
    NOBODY SAY A WORD
    Sidstick87 and Shifttee liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:02 p.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: BruinsWillWin2020
    NOBODY SAY A WORD

lol
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:07 p.m.
    i hope ur hungry now
    I don't think ducks fans ARE on right now tears of joy
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:17 p.m.
    The ducks have a logjam of NHL players rn as you said, they probably wouldn't want to trade one of their best for multiple less good players, if anything they'd try to trade a few prospects/roster players for one really good player
    Sidstick87 and eanelson liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:17 p.m.
    No to the rakell trade, he’s too valuable to move, ZAR is of no interest, we have enough players like or better than him in that age range, Mahura is great I just don’t think his ceiling is as high as some of our other prospects, I would say Jones’ ceiling is probably middle 6 but probably will be a bottom 6, Larsson will be a top 4 one day imo
    Sidstick87 liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:23 p.m.
    Hockey God Genius
    Quoting: Salzy
    No to the rakell trade, he’s too valuable to move, ZAR is of no interest, we have enough players like or better than him in that age range, Mahura is great I just don’t think his ceiling is as high as some of our other prospects, I would say Jones’ ceiling is probably middle 6 but probably will be a bottom 6, Larsson will be a top 4 one day imo

Ok ... most Ducks fans have told me they think Mahura will be better than Larsson But 2 completely dif players tho. I just really like how Jones & Larrsson play physical
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:52 p.m.
    Edited Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:57 p.m.
    No to the trade because the Ducks need scorers most & Rakell is one of the only options that is NHL ready now.

Larsson has high potential & is still developing. Very good skater & moves the puck well. He is a little bit of a risk in the defensive zone by losing coverage & panics with the puck deep in his own zone.

Mahura looks like he has higher ceiling than Larsson. Skates extremely well, offensively gifted and can play any situation. The Ducks also have a plethora of left handed D men ahead of him (Fowler, Lindholm, Larsson & Guehle). The Ducks also really like to develop prospects before sending them to the NHL (rarely do draftees make opening night roster), so I believe that Mahura will be in SD for the season (barring injuries).

Jones is a big kid that skates really well for his size. Didnt get to see much of his scoring touch last year but he creates chances & plays with high energy. Ducks are a little cautious because he is very similar to Nick Ritchie, who is another big LW. The only issue with Ritchie is he does not have good speed & Ducks fans know that he is notorious for taking bad penalties (offensive zone or late game penalties). Jones will likely get a roster spot unless Comtois jumps him, but GMBM will likely try to develop Comtois further in SD.

As for trading for any of the 3? I think the most likely to be traded is Larsson bc of the logjam at LD & Mahura is probably better, younger & signed for longer. I think you could get back a solid 2nd line scoring winger for Larsson.

Ducks should rid themselves of Shore & Ritchie to make room for both Jones & Comtois.
    OldNYIfan and Sidstick87 liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:57 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Anaheim's only real pressing need is at RD, both at the NHL and prospect level. Other than a trade of one or two of our mid-level forward prospects for Gudbranson and/or Ruhwedel, I don't see the Ducks and Penguins being good trade partners right now.

Guhle, Larsson and Mahura should all be NHL players, along with Steel, Jones, Terry and Sherwood. And on the horizon are Zegras, Groulx and Lundestrom.
    eanelson and Sidstick87 liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 6:57 p.m.
    Marner Enthusiast
    Quoting: BruinsWillWin2020
    NOBODY SAY A WORD

Quoting: Sidstick87
    lol

Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
    I don't think ducks fans ARE on right now tears of joy

Quoting: AFOX10900
    The ducks have a logjam of NHL players rn as you said, they probably wouldn't want to trade one of their best for multiple less good players, if anything they'd try to trade a few prospects/roster players for one really good player

Quoting: Salzy

Quoting: eanelson
    No to the trade because the Ducks need scorers most & Rakell is one of the only options that is NHL ready now.

Larsson has high potential & is still developing. Very good skater & moves the puck well. He is a little bit of a risk in the defensive zone by losing coverage & panics with the puck deep in his own zone.

Mahura looks like he has higher ceiling than Larsson. Skates extremely well, offensively gifted and can play any situation. The Ducks also have a plethora of left handed D men ahead of him (Fowler, Lindholm, Larsson & Guehle). The Ducks also really like to develop prospects before sending them to the NHL (rarely do draftees make opening night roster), so I believe that Mahura will be in SD for the season (barring injuries).

Jones is a big kid that skates really well for his size. Didnt get to see much of his scoring touch last year but he creates chances & plays with high energy. Ducks are a little cautious because he is very similar to Nick Ritchie, who is another big LW. The only issue with Ritchie is he does not have good speed & Ducks fans know that he is notorious for taking bad penalties (offensive zone or late game penalties). Jones will likely get a roster spot unless Comtois jumps him, but GMBM will likely try to develop Comtois further in SD.

As for trading for any of the 3? I think the most likely to be traded is Larsson bc of the logjam at LD & Mahura is probably better. I think you could get back a solid 2nd line scorer for Larsson.

Max Jones may very likely have a video game addiction according to Jeff Marek. I don’t think the Penguins need Rakell. Their biggest need right now is to find a taker for Johnson and possibly move Hornqvist as well. Try to bring in a younger talent like Tippet who is quick.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 7:18 p.m.
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    Anaheim's only real pressing need is at RD, both at the NHL and prospect level. Other than a trade of one or two of our mid-level forward prospects for Gudbranson and/or Ruhwedel, I don't see the Ducks and Penguins being good trade partners right now.

Guhle, Larsson and Mahura should all be NHL players, along with Steel, Jones, Terry and Sherwood. And on the horizon are Zegras, Groulx and Lundestrom.

Only pressing issue is RD? We could use another depth RD, your right about that but we finished dead last in goals scored for 2018-2019...Biggest need is scoring
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 7:28 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Only pressing issue is RD? We could use another depth RD, your right about that but we finished dead last in goals scored for 2018-2019...Biggest need is scoring

While I agree with you that a little extra scoring oomph would be nice, I think that the team's troubles in that area last year were due in no small part to coaching. Comtois-Getzlaf-Rackell, Shore-Henrique-Silfverberg, Ritchie-Steel-Kase, and Jones-Rowney-Terry are a pretty nice 12. And we need two actual NHL players on RD, not just one depth guy. Korbinian Holzer is not a #2 pairing defenseman.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 8:24 p.m.
    Jah1722
    As others say a No on the Rakell trade. The ducks need a top 4 D. Doesn’t matter LD or RD as Fowler can play both. Guhle/Mahura/Larsson could be that guy but they need to take a big step forward this season. They could also use some more skill up front. They really only have Rakell, Kase, Steel, and Terry as skill fwds among that young group. Jones and Comtois are more power fwds with some skill and Lundestrom is more of 2-way guy. More skill in that age group would be useful.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Jul. 19, 2019 at 9:06 p.m.
    Hockey God Genius

As for trading for any of the 3? I think the most likely to be traded is Larsson bc of the logjam at LD & Mahura is probably better, younger & signed for longer. I think you could get back a solid 2nd line scoring winger for Larsson.

Ducks should rid themselves of Shore & Ritchie to make room for both Jones & Comtois.

Good Info ... Thanks bud.
    eanelson liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll