Forums/NHL Trades

(EDM/CGY) - Lucic (12.5% retained) & conditional 2020 3rd for Neal

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug 25 at 11:31
I just need sauce
Quoting: CD282
The actual cash owed to Lucic at the time of the trade was $16M, or exactly $4M per year. Edmonton has retained 12.5% or $500k per year on average, meaning CGY owes Lucic $12M over 4 years - a $3.5M per year average.

Buying out Klefbom or Larsson? What planet are you from?

Yeah buy out 2 of their three good defenseman!
Oct 8 at 8:43
I just need sauce
Quoting: CoraStorm
it's a stupid trade n unfortunately Edm were suckers. allow me to explain from my pov:

Lucic's: 6.0 aav - but it isn't ... Edm prepaid 5 mil the first 3 years additionally, on the trade, Edm withholds 750K so if a buyout or anything like that Edm is still on the hooks, forget the draft pick for the time being, the actual cash per is only 4.75 on bal of contract.

winner of trade is easy: the Flames.... n they got a draft pick. Holland do you know what you're doing? there were better ways to open up Sal cap space: Even buying out Klefbom/Larsson you would have saved 5 to 6 mil per year... u would have had to replace D men but so does W'peg now.

This already aged poorly
Oct 9 at 10:56
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
This already aged poorly

Im honestly a little sad i missed out on replying to this when it happened... but yeah this was a fleece by the oilers. neal is going to put up ridiculous points in edmonton this year.
Oct 9 at 12:19
best poster
I think we're all forgetting the silver lining to the trade:

While Neal is close to passing his goal total from last year, Lucic is on pace to pass his PIM total from last year too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Submit Poll Edit