SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Gibson's value

Jul. 22, 2019 at 4:13 p.m.
As is stated in the title, what would John Gibson's value be, and what kind of deal would it take to get him out of Anaheim?
Jul. 23, 2019 at 9:42 a.m.
Quoting: tesau315
As is stated in the title, what would John Gibson's value be, and what kind of deal would it take to get him out of Anaheim?

Hes only 26, His value is pretty high even with injuries. I dont think you can get him out of Anaheim unless you overpay in FA if he even makes it there.
Jul. 23, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
torontos finest
if anaheim decided to move him i'd imagine conversations would start with a first and a high tier prospect.

Quoting: hanson493
Hes only 26, His value is pretty high even with injuries. I dont think you can get him out of Anaheim unless you overpay in FA if he even makes it there.

could see it if anaheim decides to bottom out.
Jul. 23, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
if anaheim decided to move him i'd imagine conversations would start with a first and a high tier prospect.

could see it if anaheim decides to bottom out.

Even if they bottom out though you still need the goalie. Thats one of the hardest positions to hit on. St. Louis was last in the NHL until Binnington saved their season.
Jul. 23, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: hanson493
Even if they bottom out though you still need the goalie. Thats one of the hardest positions to hit on. St. Louis was last in the NHL until Binnington saved their season.

hard to bottom out with a guy like gibson though.

you're right, they'd probably prefer to keep him but they could leverage significant value from other team in a trade.
hanson493 and tesau315 liked this.
Jul. 27, 2019 at 7:40 p.m.
He would command a couple 1st round draft pick and probably some young players with potential. To a team that wants to compete with no Goalie then they would be willing to spend if he ever becomes available
Jul. 30, 2019 at 6:17 p.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
He would command a couple 1st round draft pick and probably some young players with potential. To a team that wants to compete with no Goalie then they would be willing to spend if he ever becomes available

So like a 2020 first, 2021 first, Michael McLeod, and Riley Walsh?
Jul. 30, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.
Quoting: tesau315
So like a 2020 first, 2021 first, Michael McLeod, and Riley Walsh?

To move Gibson from Anaheim to NJ it would take more than that, probably there goalie like Blackwood and maybe Bratt.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 12:53 a.m.
Earfgang
Gibsons value is unique because it is not static throughout the season like we have to assume most goalies. Gibson is known for very hot starts and the question of how long can he physically stand carrying this team on his back. If you look at the advanced metrics for goaltenders you see that he stops more pucks that he is not expected to stop than anyone else throughout the league. The quality of the constant barrage of rubber he faces is crazy, because not only is he making 40- 50 saves a night, he sees many of those as high quality chances.

That in mind, he has been able to keep the up till about somewhere in Jan usually before he really starts to tire out. so for me i would be quick to draft him, then look to trade him for good value somewhere in the Jan-Feb area where his stats and his team really start taking a nosedive.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll