SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Prospect Discussion

Are these good question/should I post more of this type of thing with other teams
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 23, 2019 at 11:14 a.m.
44 Foundation
Due to the fact that making an armchair gm team rn is kind of pointless, I'll be posting discussion forums similar to my last post. This forum is about the hawks prospect and drafting. For this post, I strongly recommend watching the hawks training camp video
Link Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-sQDqLr0mI

Was Dach the right choice at #3 (strongly recommend watching the hawks preseason camp before making a decision)

Who was the hawks best steal of this year's draft?

What pick will the hawks have in the 2020 draft and who/ what position will they draft?

Is Brandon Hagel the real deal?
-He dominated in the camps this summer and was arguably the second-best player after Boqvist during camp.

Looking at the goalie situation, the Hawks brought in a bunch of undrafted/unsigned goalies from across the world for training camp. Some had very good seasons. Do you think any of the goalies could become the real deal?

Who will be the biggest impact player for Rockford this year?

Do the Hawks have any hidden gems in the system? If so who?

What does the hawks organization do differently that makes them so effective at developing players?

What hawks prospect are you most excited to see play this year? (Any league i.e WHL, AHL, NHL, etc)
Jul. 23, 2019 at 11:24 a.m.
Quoting: Hockey44
Due to the fact that making an armchair gm team rn is kind of pointless, I'll be posting discussion forums similar to my last post. This forum is about the hawks prospect and drafting. For this post, I strongly recommend watching the hawks training camp video
Link Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-sQDqLr0mI

1. Was Dach the right choice at #3 (strongly recommend watching the hawks preseason camp before making a decision)

2. Who was the hawks best steal of this year's draft?

3. What pick will the hawks have in the 2020 draft and who/ what position will they draft?

4. Is Brandon Hagel the real deal?
-He dominated in the camps this summer and was arguably the second-best player after Boqvist during camp.

5. Looking at the goalie situation, the Hawks brought in a bunch of undrafted/unsigned goalies from across the world for training camp. Some had very good seasons. Do you think any of the goalies could become the real deal?

6. Who will be the biggest impact player for Rockford this year?

7. Do the Hawks have any hidden gems in the system? If so who?

8. What does the hawks organization do differently that makes them so effective at developing players?

9. What hawks prospect are you most excited to see play this year? (Any league i.e WHL, AHL, NHL, etc)

I numbered them to make it easier to jump around, and to respond:

1) Depends what they do to help develop him, a lot of the drafted players have high ceilings but lack current skill (i.e. Nylander, Saarela)
2) Alex Vlasic, at least so far. I can see him being the best defensive defenceman the 'Hawks have come Expansion Draft Time
3) Let's hope 31st, except I suspect they would've traded it if that's the case. I'm going to say early 20's and they're going to draft someone with potential, hopefully a Right Winger
4) Time will tell, lot of guys dominate in things like this and struggle playing with the best of the best (Sikura)
5) They need to give a couple a shot, I really like Gravel and Lankinen though, but the 'Hawks are scary good at finding goalies, let's hope they hide their secrets for awhile.
6) Versteeg, he's going to teach Dach how to use his body, and teach all those guys how to score.
7) Kurashev and Kubalik
8) They keep their AHL and NHL playing similar systems, and worry more about how a player could play, and not how their currently playing (Strome and Nylander)
9) Mitchell being one of the best NCAA players
Jul. 23, 2019 at 11:27 a.m.
exo2769
1.) Too early to tell. At the time of the draft I was a Bowen Byram guy. I can admit that. I did see a lot of posts saying the COL was going to draft Dach almost hands down, but we'll never know if that's true. I'm happy with what I've seen. Obviously, I like his size. I've been impressed with his speed. He's not going to out pace McDavid or Larkin, but being able to run down another much smaller forward is solid speed.
2.) The Best steal of this past draft? Hmm.... Again too early to tell. I liked Moberg's Friday scrimmage. I wasn't expecting much, but noticed him...whatever that means 3-4 years from now.
3.) The Hawks go pure best available in 2020. Their positional depth is pretty solid right now.
4.) Good question. He's going to get a full year in Rockford and learn how to be a middle 6 player IMO. He has a shot of making the team next year, but keep him with Reece Johnson and let them develop together. He's an example of a guy not to rush. Let him develop slowly.
5.) Skogs was really good. I hope they sign him. That might mean Nalimov requests a trade...or Stan just lets him leave, but who knows. Maybe Nalimov never comes over at all???
6.) I think Gravel and Slavin are the (2) biggest under-rated players in their system. People know about Kurashev now...he was my pick last year and I'm excluding him now. 3rd place under-rated is Galvas.
7.) Solid question and I think it's different for everyone, but that's kinda the answer. Their flexibility. Strome was moved around a ton in AZ. I don't just mean line to line...I mean city to city...coaching staff to coaching staff. In Strome's case providing consistency was key. Also, realizing that if you're a #3OA pick...you should have them in a Top 6 role. Maybe that's Top 6 in the OHL or AHL, but don't put him on the 4th line in the NHL. That's not who he is and those shouldn't be his type wingers. Another example is Panarin. Don't forget that he went undrafted. Yeah yeah, his talent is obvious now, but let's give credit to pairing him game 1 with Kane. There's a reason Panarin gave Kane a Rolex. It's putting him in a position to succeed. Saad next to Toews/Hossa? Again, a position to succeed.
8.) Dach/Boqvist is the answer. I also want to see Slavin at Colorado College and Ian Mitchell. 5th is Aleski Saarela.
WhatNowDiscussion liked this.
Jul. 24, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Chicago Blackhawks
Quoting: exo2769
1.) Too early to tell. At the time of the draft I was a Bowen Byram guy. I can admit that. I did see a lot of posts saying the COL was going to draft Dach almost hands down, but we'll never know if that's true. I'm happy with what I've seen. Obviously, I like his size. I've been impressed with his speed. He's not going to out pace McDavid or Larkin, but being able to run down another much smaller forward is solid speed.
2.) The Best steal of this past draft? Hmm.... Again too early to tell. I liked Moberg's Friday scrimmage. I wasn't expecting much, but noticed him...whatever that means 3-4 years from now.
3.) The Hawks go pure best available in 2020. Their positional depth is pretty solid right now.
4.) Good question. He's going to get a full year in Rockford and learn how to be a middle 6 player IMO. He has a shot of making the team next year, but keep him with Reece Johnson and let them develop together. He's an example of a guy not to rush. Let him develop slowly.
5.) Skogs was really good. I hope they sign him. That might mean Nalimov requests a trade...or Stan just lets him leave, but who knows. Maybe Nalimov never comes over at all???
6.) I think Gravel and Slavin are the (2) biggest under-rated players in their system. People know about Kurashev now...he was my pick last year and I'm excluding him now. 3rd place under-rated is Galvas.
7.) Solid question and I think it's different for everyone, but that's kinda the answer. Their flexibility. Strome was moved around a ton in AZ. I don't just mean line to line...I mean city to city...coaching staff to coaching staff. In Strome's case providing consistency was key. Also, realizing that if you're a #3OA pick...you should have them in a Top 6 role. Maybe that's Top 6 in the OHL or AHL, but don't put him on the 4th line in the NHL. That's not who he is and those shouldn't be his type wingers. Another example is Panarin. Don't forget that he went undrafted. Yeah yeah, his talent is obvious now, but let's give credit to pairing him game 1 with Kane. There's a reason Panarin gave Kane a Rolex. It's putting him in a position to succeed. Saad next to Toews/Hossa? Again, a position to succeed.
8.) Dach/Boqvist is the answer. I also want to see Slavin at Colorado College and Ian Mitchell. 5th is Aleski Saarela.

You were a Byram guy, I was leaning towards Turrcotte, but have you seen how those two performed compared to Dach in their respective development camps/how NHL ready they are compared to Dach?
exo2769 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 9:08 a.m.
Quoting: ajw0066
You were a Byram guy, I was leaning towards Turrcotte, but have you seen how those two performed compared to Dach in their respective development camps/how NHL ready they are compared to Dach?

That was a lot of people's issues it appears, everyone wanted an NHL-ready guy, but the 'Hawks know they don't have much chance at a cup this year. This is definitely a draft that we won't be able to call it good or bad for a few more years.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit