SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What Now Discussion- Ottawa

Jul. 23, 2019 at 11:40 a.m.
44 Foundation
After losing out on drafting in the top four of this year's draft, trading away all their core players, and their front office acting like they’re on a reality TV show, the Sens have a lot of work to do before becoming contenders. Or do they?

1. After the trade deadline, Sens acquired some low-end talent that seemed to mesh well with the team and the systems.

2. Who do you think will lead the Sens in points? Goals?

3. Can Duclair become the next “go-to guy” for the sens?

4. What needs to be done regarding their goaltending situation?

5. What do you think of the Sens drafting habits and trends over the last four years?

6. What position do the Sens need to improve upon most?

7. Why do you think the organization is such a mess?

8. If you were an NHL player, would you be willing to play for an organization like the sens?
Jul. 23, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Post this in the Ottawa forum. @Banks @Jarvis can this be moved?

1. You mean guys like Duclair? Or are you talking about 2020?

2. Tkachuk

3. Hard to predict. I'm curious to see how he'll play in 2019-20 but i wouldn't be shocked at all to see him get 45-55 points or so. Not saying it'll happen but i wouldn't be shocked.

4. Is Gustavsson still considered a top goalie prospect? Idk

5. I haven't noticed anything lol

6. Defence

7. The management isn't good enough. I'm not saying it's Dorion's fault. I'm not saying it's Melnyk's fault. But there's something wrong with the management. Not saying it's one person, but the overall management.

8. If i'm traded and i don't have an NTC, yes. If i had a NTC with a list it depends how many teams i could put on it. Ottawa is (well, should be) a hockey place and that's what i'd like about going there. More ice time but i wouldn't really care too much about ice time. It depends on the player, obviously. If i'm a UFA i'd talk to multiple teams. I'd have to consider all options.
Jul. 25, 2019 at 10:59 a.m.
Quoting: WhatNowDiscussion
After losing out on drafting in the top four of this year's draft, trading away all their core players, and their front office acting like they’re on a reality TV show, the Sens have a lot of work to do before becoming contenders. Or do they?

1. After the trade deadline, Sens acquired some low-end talent that seemed to mesh well with the team and the systems.

2. Who do you think will lead the Sens in points? Goals?
Tkachuk.

3. Can Duclair become the next “go-to guy” for the sens?
No.

4. What needs to be done regarding their goaltending situation?
Trade for one.

5. What do you think of the Sens drafting habits and trends over the last four years?
They've done a good job of getting value in later rounds.

6. What position do the Sens need to improve upon most?
Center.

7. Why do you think the organization is such a mess?
Ownership.

8. If you were an NHL player, would you be willing to play for an organization like the sens?
Not if I had a choice.
hanson493 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll