After losing out on drafting in the top four of this year's draft, trading away all their core players, and their front office acting like they’re on a reality TV show, the Sens have a lot of work to do before becoming contenders. Or do they?
1. After the trade deadline, Sens acquired some low-end talent that seemed to mesh well with the team and the systems.
2. Who do you think will lead the Sens in points? Goals?
3. Can Duclair become the next “go-to guy” for the sens?
4. What needs to be done regarding their goaltending situation?
5. What do you think of the Sens drafting habits and trends over the last four years?
6. What position do the Sens need to improve upon most?
7. Why do you think the organization is such a mess?
8. If you were an NHL player, would you be willing to play for an organization like the sens?
2. Brady tkachuk. No doubt in my mind
3. Duclair can be a top 6 guy who has a nasty side to him, however, he won’t be a go to guy. He isn’t a #1 anything. However he can be a top 6 winger if he works on defence. Great pickup imo (especially with the 2nds)
4. Wait it out. Hoberg looks like he will be called up after Anderson so traded. That leaves soogard, gustavsson, and daccord to fight for the goaltender fo he future mantle. Nilsson was also pretty good so I don’t mind riding him as starter until one of them is ready. However, trading Nilsson and signing either Campbell or markstrom, or trading for schnieder or quick (with an incentive of course).
5. Great drafting imo. However they need to address 2 positions, 1c (likely next draft), and 1rd (if jbd don’t become one)
6. They need a top 1c. Not a couple of high end 2c’s. Every other position projects well. This league has proven that a 1c is needed for success
7. Melnyk. He didn't have the money this team needed to spend to succeed a couple of years ago and now the team is suffering because of it. They had an excellent core and he runtimes it because he could support the team. Likely sold within the next 5 years to the same group that got the lebreton flats deal (they even left a donut shape in the Center for a rink)
8. If o was either looking to win a cup or if I was going for a bounce back/prove it season, I would chose the sens. They have all the opportunities one can get. For an older guy looking to win he cup, they will probably sell at the tdl for the best few years.