Joined: Nov 2017
Overview: Anyone else forget about the Red Wings too? I sure did. After making no big moves this past seasons (besides drafting Moritz Seider sixth overall), the Wings have yet to make the playoffs since Datsyuk left the team. The Wings are currently smack in the middle of their rebuild with players like Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, and Bertuzzi at the center of it. Detroit has done a very good job of diversifying their prospect pool(C, RW, LW, RD, LD) except when it comes to goalies. Detroit has taken a total of eight goalies since the 2012 draft with only three of them being selected in the first three rounds. The last goalie drafted by Detroit to play an NHL game was Petr Mrazek who was drafted back in 2010. Yikes!
1. How long before Detroit is considered a contender again?
2. Who will be the most impactful player for the Wings next season?
3. What can/should Detroit do about their goalie situation?
4. Is Rasmussen a bust? What’s his potential?
5. How much money will Athanasiou ask for next year? How much is he worth?
6. Will Mantha ever become the elite goal scorer he was projected to be?
7. Why didn’t Detroit make any big moves, or moves at all, during the offseason?
8. Who should be traded by the deadline this year?
**This forum can also be found under the Wings forum section**