SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(VGK/TOR) - Clarkson & 4th round pick for Sparks

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 15, 2019 at 8:06 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsForever1
The Leafs completely won this trade. They traded away an underperforming Sparks, ($750 000 worth of space cleared) got David Clarkson in return (no cap hit since he is on the LTIR) and were even able to squeeze a draft pick out of it. Although it is a mid-to-late round draft pick, Dubas has shown he can pick well in the later rounds. Overall, Toronto won this trade by a long shot. Anyone who says differently can go check the statistics. (Again)

Relax. Far from longshot. Gave up one of the best goalies in the AHL that only played 35 Career NHL games and didn't even replace him.
Sep. 16, 2019 at 12:14 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Daryl
This aged well.

it's funny because he actually was tabled offer sheets by a few times. people forget the player has to agree to it which is why people shouldn't have taken them seriously.
Sep. 20, 2019 at 3:48 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
Relax. Far from longshot. Gave up one of the best goalies in the AHL that only played 35 Career NHL games and didn't even replace him.

Key Word: one of the "best" goalies in the AHL. The AHL is not the NHL by a long shot! Plus, his NHL record was atrocious! Great trade for Toronto. Clear up cap space, (dump it on Vegas) and get a draft pick. We all know (there's evidence) Dubas is good at drafting. I'd like to see some evidence (although probably biased) to see disprove my point.
Sep. 21, 2019 at 7:27 a.m.
Quoting: LeafsForever1
Key Word: one of the "best" goalies in the AHL. The AHL is not the NHL by a long shot! Plus, his NHL record was atrocious! Great trade for Toronto. Clear up cap space, (dump it on Vegas) and get a draft pick. We all know (there's evidence) Dubas is good at drafting. I'd like to see some evidence (although probably biased) to see disprove my point.

Wait what... first off it's not Dubas who is responsible for drafting (it's like saying Bergevin is responsible for Montreal's drafting success).

Who has Dubas drafted that was a steal? As far I remember, anyone actually quality was drafted in the top 10
Sep. 23, 2019 at 11:40 a.m.
Wait what... first off it's not Dubas who is responsible for drafting (it's like saying Bergevin is responsible for Montreal's drafting success).

Who has Dubas drafted that was a steal? As far I remember, anyone actually quality was drafted in the top 10

Dubas has been in charge of literally 2 drafts... 2018 and 2019. he was an assistant gm before that which meant his say was tabled as much as the scouts say. It ultimately fell on Lou to draft.
Sep. 23, 2019 at 3:32 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Dubas has been in charge of literally 2 drafts... 2018 and 2019. he was an assistant gm before that which meant his say was tabled as much as the scouts say. It ultimately fell on Lou to draft.

So who from 2018 and 2019 would you consider a steal?
Sep. 23, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
So who from 2018 and 2019 would you consider a steal?

i was adding to that, i should have multi-quoted the person you were arguing with. Leafs fans would probably say sandin though.
HabsForEver liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 1:50 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Toronto wins for the fact Sparks sucked and we got a 4th and LTIR space for him
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: aadoyle
Toronto wins for the fact Sparks sucked and we got a 4th and LTIR space for him

Clarkson never affected the Leafs cap at all the way it turned out. But the trade was made because Marner had not signed his contract. But a quirk in the LTIR, had Marner delayed his signing into the season...like October or November, Clarkson's LTIR would have helped the Leafs with cap...as Marner's cap hit would been over 11m maybe even 12m in the first year depending on when he signed. But Marner signed before the first game of the season, so the Leafs have have Mitch's 10.962m cap hit, and Clarkson LTIR really meant nothing. But you're right...the Leafs got a fourth rounder.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit